PDA

View Full Version : I'm 15, have a few questions

IronCutie
09-30-2004, 07:06 PM
My goal is to be ripped..don't want anymore size...and an 8pack is my ultimate goal.

So, here it is...i'm 15 years old, female, 5'6", 123lbs. I can be at the gym 6 days a week for 35-40 minutes.

Can someone gimme a sample program?

imperfectly_lou
09-30-2004, 08:25 PM
What are you currently doing training-wise?

If you want to be "ripped", the usual way of doing it is spending a good couple of years (2 to 3 years) gaining muscle mass. And that WILL mean increasing body weight.

After you are at a level of muscle development you are happy with, then you can work on cutting away that extra fat, to get that "ripped" appearance

It is useless trying to cut unless you have some good muscle mass under there. I can't tell without looking at your pictures, but at your low weight and young age, it's not likely. You will just end up looking skinny and gaunt. Thats what happened to me!

Tamacracker
09-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Basically just lose the fat you currently have, cardio and plenty of water helps. Eating 6 meals a day also works, a meal every 2-3 hours. Try to drink no less than 1 gallon and anywhere around 2-3 gallons of water. As far as your "8-pack" that's genetic based I believe.. so only way you'll have it is if you have low enough BF% 7-10% BF, and if you see a "slit" where the 8th packs are supposed to be, then you have it. When you train your abs dont use weights, do crunches and declined situps. They say that leg lifts are the best for the lower end of your abs... basically in the same area as your 8-pack. I do have the genetics of having 8pack abs and I want to say that leg lifts do work. But not everyone is the same. Because of my body type my abs are more like square than rectangular, and plus I love looking bulky so I tend to use weight situps and leg lifts. Also IMO I would first bulk your abs till you can see them (if you're above 10% BF) then go on a cutting routine and maintain abs without the weights, just add more reps.

Helene
10-01-2004, 10:15 AM
There is no such thing as a cutting routine. You get cut with you diet.