PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition and workout Question (plateau)

tay
09-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi, I know you get the same type of questions repeated, but I need some help. I'm 24 yrs old, I have lost 75 pounds over the last 2 yrs. I went from 250 to my current weight of 175. I've been stuck at 175 for 4 months now. I've tried everything to change this... revamping my workout routine, more cardio, changed weight routines, diet, but nothing is working. I'm 5'8", have a larger siza frame and my goal weight is 155-160. Please help.

Diet:

Breakfast: 1 cup Go Lean. 1 small banana
Snack: protein bar (proteins +)
Lunch: Flax pita with lettuce, turkeybreast.
- cutup veggies
Snack: yogurt
Diiner: Chicken or fish, brown rice or rice pasta, and green beans.

Sometimes there is an extra snack of a rice cake with PB

Once a week I splurge and have a muffin or a cookie or something. I have to or I will go crazy!

Workout: 3-4 times a week. 45 min cardio, 2X upper body weights, 1X lower body and abs everyday.

On the days I'm not at the gym, I try to take my dog for a long walk.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I really really want to accomplish this goal. Thanks

Tasha

Ivey_Itch
09-30-2004, 12:12 PM
How many calories are you eating a day?

tay
09-30-2004, 12:15 PM
i would say on a good day, approx 1500...but usually around 1300 or so.

JLB04
09-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Have you thought about adding some short intensity into your cardio sessions? For instance HIIT work? This will help mix up your routine and jump start your body at a whole new level. Just a thought.

someday
09-30-2004, 03:05 PM
wow, congrats on your sucess so far!

this past year i decided to make a change in my life and compete.i am 33 years old, 5'7" and went from 155 down to 120. i hit several plateaus through out the year. my body did get used to being in "diet mode" and the scale would stay the same no matter how hard i trained. i tweeked little things, but in the end just had to work thru it. it was more of a mental thing for me, working so hard and not seeing the scale go down. i never gave up and just kept doing all the right things and sure enough the weight came off. i am now giving my body a break until next season. i know for me that i need to give my body and mind a chance to recover a bit before i start training for next season.

good luck!

SEADRA
09-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Maybe for your breakfast throwing in some protein ( egg whites, C.cheese)
What protein bars are you eating? You need to watch out most are just glorified candybars.
Yogurt also Make sure it's FF.
What kind of cardio do you do? I agree with JLB04 HIIT will do the trick to burn fat.
Just remember your body is naturally going to want to stay at a certain weight. Your just going to have to keep it guessing. Stay strong you should be so proud of your accomplishments already!

tay
09-30-2004, 06:14 PM
thanks guys for the suggestions and positive feedback. my main concern.. how many calories should i be consuming?... is 1300-1400 too little?

Helene
10-01-2004, 10:44 AM
I think you should be eating a minimum of 1750 calories, that is your bodyweight X 10. Increase SLOWLY.

Also, it's not necessary to do abs everyday. They are the same as any muscle group and need rest. Once or twice a week is fine. Use resistance instead.

SEADRA
10-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Helen where did you get that formula to determine how many calories she should eat?