PDA

View Full Version : Help with diet plan

Sunshineslynn
09-30-2004, 09:04 AM
What kind of diet should I be on preparing for a Figure show in March? I work out Mon. tues. Thurs. and Friday. I know high protien , high quality carbs and fiber. But I am not sure what a meal should be to build more muscle so I can bulk right now.

Emma-Leigh
09-30-2004, 04:29 PM
What kind of diet should I be on preparing for a Figure show in March? I work out Mon. tues. Thurs. and Friday. I know high protien , high quality carbs and fiber. But I am not sure what a meal should be to build more muscle so I can bulk right now.

Hello,

Well, what is your current diet like? What are you eating and when?

Diet will depend on your bodies response to certain foods, your body fat%, your activity level and lots of other things.... But yes, quality carbs (with a healthy serving of fibre), lean proteins and healthy fats will be needed if you want to add some mass.

Sunshineslynn
09-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Okay here is my meals for the day
3 egg whites 1 whole egg(scrabbled with splash of ff milk)
1/2cp plain oatmeal

10am protien shake w/fruit

1pm chicken, turkey or tuna 5oz
1/2cp brown rice or 1 sweet or white potatoe plain
1cp green veggies

430 protien shake or bar

7pm same as lunch unless hubby cooks clean food for dinner. I also sub salads or veggie pasta

930 protien shake

my body type is mesomorph(through and through) fairly larged boned for my height per the doctors. I can usually eat what I want but guilt drives me nuts. I stay around 110 - 114 and Iam 5'(maybe on good day) bf is not high due to I can still see abs and definition.
I hope that is enough info for ya.
smiles
s

imperfectly_lou
09-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Ok well if yous show is in March, you want to start your pre-comp dieting about 12-15 weeks out from that. So you have about 3 months in which you can work on gaining some more muscle mass.

As Emma-Leigh said "quality carbs (with a healthy serving of fibre), lean proteins and healthy fats will be needed if you want to add some mass".

Don't underestimate the body's need for carbs when building mass. Carbs are probably even more important than protein when bulking. I have a friend with similar stats who is bulking on about 2,200 cals, and about 45-50% of that is carbs.

You should track your meals and find out exactly how many cals and grams of each macro you are getting. A good site is www.fitday.com, or if you want to do it manually, you can get the values from www.calorieking.com