PDA

View Full Version : Dairy products

mrselfde_struct
06-26-2007, 11:18 PM
I love my dairy. I eat atleast 1 or 2 cups cottage cheeze. 1 cup skim milk. and half cup yougert on a daily basis. love it.

Now i dont know if this is a nasty rumour i just heard, but someone told me dairy thickens your skin if your looking to shed some bf or become more vascualr to cut dairy.

Please tell me this aint true.

gsxrjake03
06-26-2007, 11:25 PM
I heard that too, but you can never beleive what you hear in a forum half the time.

in10city
06-27-2007, 01:37 AM
You need to differentiate between water retention and what is mistakenly noted in the clinical sense of "thickening of the skin skin". Granted excessive arginine my really thicken your skin, most likely it is really due in the vast majority of instances to:

1. The sodium contained within leading to water retention
2. Lactose maldigestion leading to bloating and water retention
3. Excessive consumption of excess fat and calories contained within leading to fat gain
4. Glycogen spillover from the sugars contained within

premed lifter
06-27-2007, 01:43 AM
I love my dairy. I eat atleast 1 or 2 cups cottage cheeze. 1 cup skim milk. and half cup yougert on a daily basis. love it.

Now i dont know if this is a nasty rumour i just heard, but someone told me dairy thickens your skin if your looking to shed some bf or become more vascualr to cut dairy.

Please tell me this aint true.

it's true, and if you're a competing bber it is recommended to cut out all dairy a few weeks before the show. If you're joe blow, cutting out dairy for this reason is ridiculous. The mucus layer will be so insignificant and thin you can honestly barely tell.

Captain Sagara
06-27-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm not a fan of dairy while cutting(i drop all the dairy on a cut to a show),neither i'm a big fan while bulking,but after my show,when i'll start clean bulking i probably will add some skim milk to my bulking routine...