PDA

View Full Version : Compatition ambition

Tattoogirl4
09-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Hi there girls. I admire all of you that compete. I would love to in two years when my boyfriend does his second competition. I am a strong girl as of now, but I don't look like a bodybuilder or figure for that matter. I am 5'8", and 138lbs and am not sure of my bodyfat. I would like to do a figure compatition. I love, and admire female bodybuilding, yet it is a lil to muscular for me. I will get pictures soon, so maybe you experienced girls can give me some advice on how to develop a figure body! Thanks :)

MsFit
09-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Welcome. Watch those Figure girls...many are also bodybuilders and compete in both. Not really fair for the Figure girls, but it makes the promoter money.

Tattoogirl4
10-01-2004, 09:55 PM
I would actually like to be able to compete in both figure and maybe bodybuilding. I was wondering what most girls use to get so lean and keep their muscle. What goes first...should I try to put on as much muscle as possible or do I try to stay as lean as possible? I'm not sure where to start.

imperfectly_lou
10-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Without seeing your pics, it is hard to say, but in most cases, us women will need to spend a good couple of years building a good base of muscle and then work on reducing their BF% so the gorgeous muscles show through!

Tattoogirl4
10-02-2004, 06:37 AM
I don't have any pictures now, but I can get one soon on here.

MsFit
10-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Shows and sanctions vary. Want to compete on NPC, no questions asked or natural shows? Might want to determine that first.

Adding muscle now or leaning up depends on your current stats, also contest date. You sound pretty lean at this point, so a mass building phase wouldn't hurt now, and shoot for a show next season or next year.

Tattoogirl4
10-03-2004, 09:16 PM
I am torn between the two. I would love to compete NPC ,but I am not comfortable with the thought of using anything that would change my body negatively. I would say I want to compete natural, yet I dream to just be totally ripped. Can it be done naturally?

imperfectly_lou
10-03-2004, 11:37 PM
If you want to compete in figure, there is no reason why you can't do it naturally. There are even very ripped natural bodybuilders.

http://www.alissacarpiofitness.com/images/04BR_2piece3.jpg

She's a friend of mine, and won the BodyRock this year, completely natural.

Tattoogirl4
10-04-2004, 08:15 PM
That is fantastic. She is very very lean. She looks awsome. I am a bit thicker...muscle and bodyfat wise, but I think I can do it. I would like to come in much more muscular. I hope I can maintain my muscle, and reduce my bodyfat quite a bit. Can a person get at lean as her and have more muscle mass?

imperfectly_lou
10-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Sent u a PM Tattoogirl :)

Tattoogirl4
10-08-2004, 05:46 PM
I saw the pictures of her. They look great. I can not pm u back thought because my computer doesn't seem to want to let me.

Tattoogirl4
07-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I've competed in 3 shows since I posted this years ago.