PDA

View Full Version : body shape

dana2000
09-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Hi all I am new here and I have been training with a trainer for about a month now.....here is my problem i have a really big butt please dont laugh....my waist is extremely small which makes it look even bigger i amtrying everything to shrink it anybody have any ideas at all. I am 5'2 and I have gained some muscle but i cant seem to get rid of this butt if anything it looks bigger because i hve lost some weight..help anyone

kaylers
09-28-2004, 09:29 PM
I just want you to know that you should not be embarassed to post here. Everyone is very kind and understanding. For me it is really a combination of diet and exercise. I have found stair running, incline treadmill running, cycling, squats, walking lunges and kickboxing very useful. Do not get discouraged just keep at your program.
I'm sure that the others on this forum could be more specific. But, I really love running stairs, it makes a huge difference in the way I lean out.

Take care :) embrace what you've got :)

bluegirl
09-28-2004, 10:56 PM
I have the same "problem" with a small waist and a proportionally large thighs/butt. It just sort of sticks out J-Lo style. :D

Like kaylers mentioned, diet and exercise will really help! I've cut out a lot of unnecessary fats from my diet and have added targeted thigh/butt exercises to my lifting (I now do a 3-day split of Push/Pull/Thighs).

Between squats, lunges, side lunges, and straight-legged deadlifts, my butt and thighs have really improved! My butt is noticeably tighter now, and my hamstrings are tightening up to boot.

One other byproduct of the thighs/butt exercises is that I've actually come to love my larger lower half. Squats are much easier for me than for some of my thin-legged friends -- rather than thinking I have a big butt now, I think I have "weight-lifter's thighs"! ;-)

Also, make sure you do enough lifting for your shoulders/back. Developed shoulders really look great with a larger butt and small waist!

dana2000
09-28-2004, 11:59 PM
well mine definitly sticks out althought its not as nice as jlo. it is tight when i flex it but i am also worried about gaining to much muscle there and having it still be big.......someone told me that there maybe a drug i could take to help with this problem area that women have ever heard of something like that. i really hate it because it makes buying clothes very difficult as they fit around my hips but not my waist.i have tried everything and nothing seems to help. thanls for the advice i appreciate it.

bluegirl
09-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Don't worry about "gaining muscle there and having it still be big". Here's why: this picture illustrates how 5lbs of muscle is so much smaller/smoother/nicer than 5lb of fat. Which would you rather have on your tushie? :D

As for the clothes: I wish I had words of advice there, since I have that problem, too! I find that low-rise jeans fit best (about 1"-2" below my bellybutton), and I wear a belt if the waistband still gaps in the back when I sit down.

Girlie
09-29-2004, 09:50 AM
wow. . . that's absolutely disgusting. . . and yet sooo cool (and true)! good pict!

dana2000
09-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Which would you rather have on your tushie?

I think definitly the muscle that was a really cool picture so what that means is that I can weight the same but look different if I put on muscle and lose the fat..Thats exactly what I want to do thanks

fitfortE
09-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Think quality and not quantity! And do work your upper body for two reasons - 1. it will make you focus on another area where you might get quicker results whilst still working on your lower body and thus encourage you generally to keep going & 2. if you develop your upper body it will balance out your lower body.

You don't want to get bigger?? - remember think quality not quantity and as Bluegirl said muscle looks so much nicer than fat!

Good luck - and keep going!