PDA

View Full Version : Trying to clean up diet

Kandi_0720
09-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Hi everyone! I'm trying to get some help in ways to clean up my diet. I exercise pretty regularly (from three to five days a week) but my eating habits are hindering me from getting the definition that I truly want. How can I turn away from the pizza and burgers? Please help!

Ivey_Itch
09-28-2004, 06:53 AM
One thing that helped me was to look at what would happen to me if I didn't. I'd much rather have a better body and mind for a life time than a few seconds of happiness with junk food. If you look at it as "fuel" instead of food that will help too. Start small. Don't toss everything at once or it will be very hard to stick too. Make weekly goals..and stick with them. Once you've reached that goal, move on.. Like week one could be something like.. no cokes, only water... or no white bread... or no fried foods... little things like that. Good luck! :)

moody_weasel
09-28-2004, 07:33 AM
What you eat is up to you. Nobody forces you to eat junk and nobody forces you to buy junk food.

Make sure you're not hungry while you shop, shopping when hungry makes you buy stuff you want to stay away from. Make a list of what you want to buy and stick to it. Keep healthy things for snacks around i.e. fruit, nuts.
If you prepare food then don't wait 'till you're hungry . That way you will probably eat an apple, a sandwich, two cookies and whatever is in close reach before that rice you want to cook and those chicken breasts are done. Make sure you have a supply of food that only needs heating up. Prepare food in advance, store it in tupperware containers.

Make an effort to eat 5 or 6 small meals per day. That way you won't get hungry. If you are used to eating 3 big meals that probably means you are starved when it's time for dinner. Being hungry usually leads to bad decisions i.e. pizza or burgers.
It's way easier to eat clean when all you have around are healthy foods and when you eat without being too hungry.

I agree with Ivey-Itch that you shouldn't toss everything unhealthy out at once.

MsFit
09-28-2004, 12:20 PM
You got to want it. Make little sacrafices of ridding the junk each day and eventually it will become a healthy habit.

someday
09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
if want to change and see the benefits of all your hard work at the gym, isn't it worth giving up a few slices of pizza, cookies or wine? (the cookies and wine were harder for me)

make a decision to change your habits and just do it!

TuffGirl
09-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.

(I need to repeat that about 1 million times)