PDA

View Full Version : Going Away for Xmas Vacation. Training Screwed?

kaylers
09-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with this dilemma. My boyfriend just surprised me by asking if we could go to Spain for Christmas together. I said yes, however I am concerned about my training/dieting. He assured me that I would be able to run on the beach and swim. However, we will be staying at a resort so I am hoping that there will be a gym. If not how can I make sure to stay in shape and eat properly? I'm thinking resistance bands?
How much will this put me back??

Please help...

Emma-Leigh
09-28-2004, 02:21 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with this dilemma. My boyfriend just surprised me by asking if we could go to Spain for Christmas together. I said yes, however I am concerned about my training/dieting. He assured me that I would be able to run on the beach and swim. However, we will be staying at a resort so I am hoping that there will be a gym. If not how can I make sure to stay in shape and eat properly? I'm thinking resistance bands?
How much will this put me back??

Please help...
Hun - By definition it is a HOLIDAY!! You only live once -Relax, have fun and ENJOY YOURSELF! I mean, your boyfriend did a wonderful thing to show you he wants to share a wonderful experience with you and all you are thinking about is how you are going to 'maintain your diet' while there??!! ;)

Stay active while you are there (walk a lot, go for a jog if you want, ride bikes around etc) and don't just 'pig out', but make sure you eat yummy wholesome spanish food allowing yourself to enjoy the change of culture. Then just get back to things when you get back!

I can assure you that you will not do irreversable damage and your body may even respond favourably to the rest.

Ms. Lucy
09-28-2004, 05:50 AM
I agree with Emma!

My hubby and I took a week long vacation to the Bahamas last spring. Despite wanting to train, I was just having too much fun!! HOwever I ate good about 70% of the time and came back rested, not a pound gained or lost and an increase in strength during my next workout!
If you are somewhat strict the weeks leading up to it you should be fine to enjoy yourself--by eating a few great meals. As for the exercise, one week won't do anything!

Have fun!

Hibiscus09
09-28-2004, 05:59 AM
If I go on vacation, I'm on vacation. I relax and eat and drink. If you want to exercise, have lots of sex -- umm, if you guys are having sex. If not -- I recommend heated kissing sessions! :D If you exercise regularly, one week is not going to set you back and you deserve a vacation. I've come back from vacation with no weight gain and I've come back from vacation 5lbs heavier. It goes away within a week anyway -- my body is just not used to the treats it received and reacts. However, it also recovers quickly.

Just have fun!! You only live once!!

MsFit
09-28-2004, 12:23 PM
I like to keep active when away. This past weekend I went to a historic hotel and I took the stairs each time.

If I would be going away for a while, I'd invest in resistance bands. I just hate it when my muscles get soft and lose the "pump". It's a personal preference for me. I think you can still have fun, relax, and get some mini workouts in.

Hibiscus09
09-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Don't listen to her! LOL Drink your margaritas! :D

kaylers
09-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Thank you so much! I'm going to pack a skipping rope and some resistance bands. I think that I'm more addicted to the feeling I get when working out which I will miss.

Thank you for all your great suggestions! All of your ideas were great....hehe :)

MsFit
09-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Hibby's just mad because I'm lowering her carbs. :rolleyes:

:D

Good Luck and have fun kaylers. BTW, I had a few Zimas on my trip. ;)

Ivey_Itch
09-30-2004, 05:06 AM
I know how you feel! This college "shuts down" during long vacations such as Christmas and Thanksgiving.. Some gyms offer a weekly membership or a daily visit plan. If nothing else you could get like a 3 or 2 day pass and workout while he showers or gets ready to go some where.. or if he's like my loveable bum...as he sleeps.. :) for cardio.. walking around site seeing.. stairs... just have fun! (we went to the beach this summer and I lost 2 lbs! lol.. with less exercise..i guess it was just because we were so much more active..swimming and walking around and stuff...) Have fun though, you only live once... this life anyway!