PDA

View Full Version : Burning to Rise Again

Caliphoenix3
06-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to start by saying hello to everyone. Ive been a silent observer here for a few weeks and want to keep track of my progress while hopefully receiving helpful feedback.

Ive been an athlete my entire life and it saddens me how much Ive let myself go in the last 2yrs. I'm only 24yrs right now so I figure now's as good a time as any to correct my mistakes. I was an avid volleyball player and a swimmer/diver, both of which kept me in great shape. I?m 6ft 2in and 212lbs at the moment and this is the heaviest Ive ever been. I've just quit smoking which had been goin on for the last 4yrs on a moderate level. My goal is to lose 25-30lbs by September 23rd. Im hoping that by posting what Im doing it will help me stick to it, b/c I have a bad habit of letting life get in the way and not always finishing what I started.

Heres how I think I should go about it...input from whoever reads this will be helpful if they have improvements or insight on what my plan's shortcomings are...

I plan on eating about 2500cal/day

Every week my diet will change, to adjust caloric intake based off of prior weeks weight changes

This is going to be my diet for the first week...everything is in single servings

Meal 1
Item
Quaker Oatmeal
NOW Foods Protein
Skim Milk
Olive Oil

Meal 2
Item
Almonds
Sams Omega 3

Meal 3
Item
Brownberry Wheat Bread
Smuckers Natural PB
NOW Foods Protein
Sams Omega 3

Meal 4
Item
Brownberry Wheat Bread
Jennio Turkey Breast

Meal 5
Item
Tyson Chicken Breast
Brown Rice
NOW Foods Protein
Banana

Workout Meal
Item
Maltodextrin
Dextrose
Creatine
NOW Foods Protein
L-Arginine

Meal 6
Item
Tyson Chicken Breast
Tuna
Sweet Potato

Meal 7
Item
Cottage Cheese
Sams Omega 3
NOW Foods Protein
ZMA

I plan on lifting each muscle group once over a 6 day exercise week. The only problem I think I?ll have is the cardio. I play racquet ball for 1-2hrs 2x per week, and ultimate Frisbee 1-2hrs once a week both are good workouts (I'm a competitor so I play hard!)...but Im not sure if on the days I dont play these sports if I should run or if those would be good enough to meet my goal...I hate running just to run with a passion so good alternatives would be appreciate it...

Hotmoltenlava
06-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Welcome.

On first glance, it looks like a solid plan. The hardest part of any plan is putting it into action. Stick around and keep us updated on your progress.

**subscribed**

Have a good one.