PDA

View Full Version : Carb Sensative.....

JLB001
09-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Ok...here is my question..

When someone says they are carb sensative, what type of cutting diet would work best for them?

The reason I am asking this is because I normally follow a lower carb diet while prepping for my figure comps. Protein high with fats fairly low. Basic meals such as:
1. 1/2 c. oats cooked, 7 egg whites
2. 5 oz lean meats, 1/2 c sweet pot. 1 c. veggies
3. same as 2
4. 5 oz lean meats, 2c. veggies
5. same as 4

The person I am working with now wants to to approach it different this time. Basically cutting out all carbs except what is in my veggies. I'm doing this and have doen so for the past two weeks and actually feel really good and have not been dragging. Fats are higher as he is wanting me to have 2 tbs. Natty PB with at least 3 to 4 of my meals instead of the veggies. Protein intake is higher with 6 to 7 oz of lean meats. My body responds well to lean red meats, so this I can deal with.

so far, I look like I am leaning out on my upper body. So I'm not quite sure what to think as the scale is not moving. (I know I can be leaning down with it not moving) But it is really messing with my head! I am beginning my two a days on cardio Monday, so I am expecting changes to happen pretty quick with the extra added in. My comp is in 7 weeks. 10 lbs to drop.

Does this sound completely insane?????

missmuscle
09-26-2004, 11:24 AM
No, it doesn't sound crazy! As a very carb sensitive person myself, when I prepare for a show I need to loose all carbs except for the am ones. I would eliminate every carb except for veggies of course and the oats in the am. I would even consider switching from oats in the am to malt o meal instead.