PDA

View Full Version : i keep dropping

kariev34
09-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Okay, so I can't seem to hold on to these 5-10 lbs so let me tell you what i am doing and see if you can help. I eat around 1800 cals a day, i do intense cardio monday, wensday, and friday for 45 min and i do a intense total body weight training routine tuesday, thursday with 2 exercises per body part, 10-12 reps for about an hour. I can't seem to hold on to this weight so do I increase my cal intake or should i switch and do cardio 2 days a week and weight training 3 days a week. I have lots of muscle but without these five lbs or so they look deflated and i look too thin. Sometimes i'll use that as an excuse to binge on food but i know thats not healthy so i'm looking for a safer alternative. Any suggestions?

Defiant1
09-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Okay, so I can't seem to hold on to these 5-10 lbs so let me tell you what i am doing and see if you can help. I eat around 1800 cals a day, i do intense cardio monday, wensday, and friday for 45 min and i do a intense total body weight training routine tuesday, thursday with 2 exercises per body part, 10-12 reps for about an hour. I can't seem to hold on to this weight so do I increase my cal intake or should i switch and do cardio 2 days a week and weight training 3 days a week. I have lots of muscle but without these five lbs or so they look deflated and i look too thin. Sometimes i'll use that as an excuse to binge on food but i know thats not healthy so i'm looking for a safer alternative. Any suggestions?

Try eating more fat/carbs. Make sure you replenish your carbs after your workouts (within 1/2 hour) with about 30-50 grams. Fruit juice works well.

Are you eating enough protein? If not, use a supplement especially about 45 min after your workouts. Go for about 25 grams.

bscrusher
09-25-2004, 03:57 PM
drop the cardio

kariev34
09-26-2004, 06:24 PM
i don't want to drop cardio all together b/c i enjoy and it is good for heart health.

Emma-Leigh
09-28-2004, 01:10 AM
If you are not going to drop the cardio (which I do not suggest you do - some cardio is, in my opinion, good for your health) then you will have to eat more.

Slowly add on 50 to 100 cals/week until your weight stabilises. Take control and ADD HEALTHY FOOD, that way you can not let your binge tendencies lead you to use your lower weight as an excuse to pig out!

bscrusher
09-28-2004, 03:56 PM
k, i also suggest you change to a muscle mass gaining program. this will consist of 2-3 lifting sessions a week. each session is 45 minutes or less. you wil do a total of 2-3 excercises per workout. it will be a 3 way split, legs, back, chest and shoulders. rep range will be 6-8. weights will be heavy. no direct ab work, heavy lifting is the best ab training there is. do only compound freeweight movements such as squats, deadlifts, bench press and shoulder press.

the less cardio you do the faster your progress will be. never feel hungry.

i am so very glad and impressed to find someone on this forum who is trying to gain muscle without a lot of nonsense about wanting to lose weight at the same time. read articles by john berardi, mike mahler and mike mentzer.