PDA

View Full Version : Does Max-OT work for women wanting to be lean?

london402
09-25-2004, 01:00 PM
As most girls, my g/f doesnt want to get very big. And I know its all about calori intake and cardio. But for me, as a man, doing while on a MAX-OT (all 4-6 reps) routine, i get alot bigger....without intentionaly bulking.

Will this happen to a female aswell?
Realy doubt it does, but she needs proof

Emma-Leigh
09-25-2004, 05:49 PM
As most girls, my g/f doesnt want to get very big. And I know its all about calori intake and cardio. But for me, as a man, doing while on a MAX-OT (all 4-6 reps) routine, i get alot bigger....without intentionaly bulking.

Will this happen to a female aswell?
Realy doubt it does, but she needs proof

No female, unless she is using, will ever 'get huge' to the extent a male naturally can. It just doesn't happen - we lack the concentration of testosterone that allows males to build the quantity of muscle tissue needed for that look.

Also - no female will 'get huge' without the correct diet. If she does not eat enough food to cover her energy needs AND THEN cover the needs required to build that much muscle tissue, she will not be able to 'bulk' unintentionally.

However, that being said, some females (esp. those of mesomorphic/endomorphic or just mesomorphic body type) will get a larger, more developed physique than those of mesomorphic/ectomorphic or ectomorphic body types - purely because of the 'genetic frame' they have to work with. So, if your girlfriend is of this predisposition, she will be able to gain muscle easier than some of us less fortunate!

As for MAX-OT - well, people respond differently to different training techniques. I know some people who do not respond very well to this type of training at all. I also know of females who gained muscle tissue and developed a TIGHTER and FITTER looking physique from it. However, I don't know of any females 'getting huge' from this routine.

sweetbecky
09-27-2004, 04:34 AM
She won't "bulk up" since she doesn't have as much testosterone as you, but I found it hard to stay leaner while doing Max-OT. My appetite rose a lot and I needed a lot more rest. I underestimated how physically demanding the program is. I DID make some nice muscle gains, but I had to go back to my regular routine and eating in order to see them. It's a heck of a lot faster building muscle this way than the 15-20 reps most non-serious girls do.

imperfectly_lou
09-27-2004, 06:44 AM
She won't "bulk up" since she doesn't have as much testosterone as you, but I found it hard to stay leaner while doing Max-OT. My appetite rose a lot and I needed a lot more rest. I underestimated how physically demanding the program is. I DID make some nice muscle gains, but I had to go back to my regular routine and eating in order to see them. It's a heck of a lot faster building muscle this way than the 15-20 reps most non-serious girls do.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

sweetbecky
09-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself!
:D

london402
09-27-2004, 10:20 PM
what did u alter in the program to get leaner?

MuscleSusie
09-28-2004, 01:19 AM
excuse me if I sound stupid, new here, but what is Max-ot?

imperfectly_lou
09-28-2004, 08:39 PM
what did u alter in the program to get leaner?

I didn't alter it at all... The only reason I gained a little bit of fat was because I was a little too liberal with my cheat meals! I did 4 days of cardio throughout the program which helped.

london402
09-28-2004, 10:47 PM
just normal cardio (jogging?)
or max ot cardio?

imperfectly_lou
09-28-2004, 10:51 PM
I did 3 days of HIIT sprinting - 5mins warm up, 21mins of 30sec/60sec, 5mins cool down

and one day of longer steady state cardio of approx 45-50mins Body Combat class

london402
09-29-2004, 10:13 PM
30 seconds of SPRINTING?

are u sure ur sprinting? or just running fast for 30 seconds, then running at a slower pace for 60.

imperfectly_lou
09-30-2004, 12:54 AM
You bet I am sprinting... at 15km/h...

moody_weasel
10-01-2004, 06:21 AM
excuse me if I sound stupid, new here, but what is Max-ot?

Here ya go:

http://www.ast-ss.com/max-ot/max-ot_intro.asp