PDA

View Full Version : Trying to live somewhat normal again-

BerryBlis
09-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Hello,

Lately I've been sorta thinking about backing down a bit from being so strict with my diet (like planning so much and always bringing food with me). Like for instance, I'm going out with some people from school this weekend and I don't really want to bring a whole bunch of food with me because they'll probably think i'm really weird or something. What do you guys usually do if you are say going to the mall for the afternoon and then out to supper and to a movie (so you're gone all day long)? How many of you pack meals to take or do you just go and try and make healthy choices with what's at the place your at (the mall for instance)? I just sorta want to be a regular person for a while and not worry about my diet so much but it's hard to get out of the diet mentality.

Thanks!
BerryBlis

imperfectly_lou
09-25-2004, 01:08 AM
It can be really hard Shannon, I agree.... but the way I like to think about it is - this is something I want to be able to maintain for the rest of my life because I really enjoy training and eating well... but I also like to let loose sometimes and just have a bit of fun. You are only young, and you have a fantastic figure, so I say GO FOR IT!

Ivey_Itch
09-25-2004, 07:22 AM
I know how you feel. Sometimes I would carry my own food and other times I would just make healthy choices. My hubby and I have "picnics" a lot when we go out. I make up some healthy fresh food for us to eat on long days out..saves up money from restaurants and gives us a nice relaxing time together. When my best friend and I went out for the day, I took an apple to snack on on the road...and then when It was dinner time we ate at Ruby Tuesdays.. which has the Huge salad bar.. i just stuck with that..stayed aways from the bad stuff and LOADED up with the good :) If they are close friends, they will understand. Sushi is a fun experiance if you've never ate it, maybe you guys could try a sushi bar? Hope that helps some!

kariev34
09-25-2004, 12:19 PM
I know exactly how you feel which is why I stopped being so obsessive and strict with my eating. I wasn't living life anymore b/c it revolved around training and food. I stopped eating 6 meals a day b/c FOR ME it is inconveinient and annoying. I eat 3 healthy meals a day and i feel like a regular person again. I haven't put on any weight doing this and I feel much better doing this. I don't feel that my body responded well to mini meals and does better with larger meals. Everyone is different and you have to try and see what works for you. If you want to keep the mini meals, one day of going out and eating a slightly larger meal and being with your friends is not going to be detrimental. You don't want to have to go through life being so strict and then when your 80 realizing you passed up so many fun things and interesting people b/c you were being so strict. Just enjoy life within moderation and that includes not being so hard on yourself.

BerryBlis
09-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey,

Thanks for your guy's advice. I think your right, I just need to remember everything in moderation, like if I follow my diet pretty good for 5 days and the other 2 go out and sorta just do my best it's not going to be super harmful in the long run and I'll probably enjoy life a whole lot more. And i'm not getting ready to compete or anything right now so I don't need to worry so much about that. I'm such a perfectionist though it's hard for me to do something halfway. I think taking a little pressure of myself to be so perfect and just have more fun once in a while would definetely help!
Thanks again!!
BerryBlis

SEADRA
09-26-2004, 03:31 AM
I was freaking once Grad school started. I wasn't going to be able to eat ny norm meals but I actually have access a small refridgerator and microwave. As for the mall I go to there isn't much of a choice soI usually go to Taco bell and get twoo soft shell chicken fajitas plain - no cheese or sourcream. Sometimes I go to GNC and get a nitrotech bar or something.