PDA

View Full Version : Quads

Amifit
09-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi All!

Wouldn't you know, just when I was starting to see some real definition in my quads, my knees start to groan on the quad machine. Can anyone suggest other exercises to help? I am doing weighted lunges, but I'm hoping there's more, too.

THANKS!
Ami

ChocoChick
09-24-2004, 01:01 PM
What is the quad machine? Good quad builders include: squat, hack squat, plie squat, sissy squat, "wall" squat, leg press, leg extension as well as the lunges you are already doing. Step-ups are also good.

imperfectly_lou
09-25-2004, 02:24 AM
Squats, squats and squats :)

I went from having no definition, to big muscles!

Defiant1
09-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi All!

Wouldn't you know, just when I was starting to see some real definition in my quads, my knees start to groan on the quad machine. Can anyone suggest other exercises to help? I am doing weighted lunges, but I'm hoping there's more, too.

THANKS!
Ami

You really should be squatting if you want to work your legs efficiently. Try different width stances to see which hits your thighs the most.

Amifit
09-25-2004, 06:33 PM
The "quad machine" - what was I thinking? I meant the leg extension :)

I do heavy squats, lunges, leg curls for the hamstrings (both standing & seated),SLDLs, plenty of calves - you name it. I just starting noticing more quad definition when I went heavy on the leg extensions. (you know that line that comes up from the middle of your knee cap?)

I've kept away from the hack squats and leg press, thinking my squats were covering that base, but I'll incorporate them into my sets again. And read up on the sissy & pile squats.

I'll also try different stances on the squats to see what happens.

I now have to sign into the the "my pants won't fit my legs" thread, but I still want to see more!!!

Thanks so much for your suggestions!
Ami

Amifit
09-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Tried the sissy squats yesterday and - BOY!- what a move. I definitely feel it today, which is awesome. I did sets in between my regular squats to take advantage of the rack to hold on to.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Ami