PDA

View Full Version : Ok to lift with sore muscles?

eadreel
09-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Is it ok to lift with sore muscles? I am a beginner and do a whole body routine every other day. Should I give myself two days in between workouts? Or go ahead and do my whole body workout but with lighter weights for the sore areas (bi's, tri's and lats)?

Thanks!

freebsd
09-23-2004, 11:36 PM
you should give 2-3 days inbetween your workout. Every other day of full body workout is too much stress for your muscle.

Defiant1
09-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Is it ok to lift with sore muscles? I am a beginner and do a whole body routine every other day. Should I give myself two days in between workouts? Or go ahead and do my whole body workout but with lighter weights for the sore areas (bi's, tri's and lats)?

Thanks!

It is ok to train when you are sore.

How long have you been training? Depending on that soreness is normal.

fitfortE
09-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Does everyone still get DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) when you're following your training programme or have you reached a point where you no-longer gets DOMS?

If the latters true for you does this mean you're not working out hard/ challenging enough anymore?

don_1987
09-30-2004, 06:01 AM

Thanks!

Hi there... I think it would be a good idea to give your body a time to rest so it can recover and grow. Anyhow, lifting with a sore muscles seems difficult for me, I can't concentrate much because the muscles are still sore. Anyway, it's your call, if you feel you can still lift with proper forms, then why not... Just be carefull not to overtrain that muscle group.