PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone please help????

UKhottie69
09-22-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm just starting out and I really would like to know what supplements are good for females who want to bodybuild? I want to build muscle mass without gaining fat. I bought some Whey Protein at GNC, I haven't used it yet, is there something I could use also to build muscle?

Thanks for your help.

Emma-Leigh
09-23-2004, 02:08 AM
I'm just starting out and I really would like to know what supplements are good for females who want to bodybuild? I want to build muscle mass without gaining fat. I bought some Whey Protein at GNC, I haven't used it yet, is there something I could use also to build muscle?

Thanks for your help.

1: A good diet - well balanced with adequate carbohydrates, lean proteins and healthy fats.
2: A sound training program - Pushing/testing your body, but not overtraining.
3: Enough Rest

Suppliments are just that, SUPPLIMENTS to the above. As someone who is just starting out, I would recommend a good Whey powder (GNC is probably not the best, but it will do), a good Multivitamin, a Calcium suppliment and some Fish Oil Capsules. Anything above that would be wasting your money at this point in time.

shreddedbecky
09-30-2004, 04:06 AM
And lots of water! Stay hydrated, it makes you feel better, keeps cravings at bay, and speeds recovery.

darkangel
09-30-2004, 11:27 AM
In addition to whey protein isolate, I use l-glutamine and creatine and have had good results.

imperfectly_lou
09-30-2004, 09:10 PM
As someone who is just starting out, I would recommend a good Whey powder (GNC is probably not the best, but it will do), a good Multivitamin, a Calcium suppliment and some Fish Oil Capsules. Anything above that would be wasting your money at this point in time.

I agree. Take advantage of your beginner gains before going to other supplements

Anima
10-02-2004, 02:09 AM
As another beginner I second (third?) the general consensus here. I have found that switching my diet around has made me feel a hell of a lot better as well as helped me to focus on the ratios of what I eat, and when, and this has begun to have an effect in my body composition, a smallo ne but it happened and I have not put myself on a particularly low cal diet, just one rich in the right stuff.

I BOUGHT Creatine and Perfect Whey in the beginning thinking "this is what the big ones use innit??" but dropped em quickly (I'll pick them up later) as I found that the good diet alone was doing the trick for me.

You cant supplement your way to hugeness, you have to work for it. Plain and simple.... supps are only there to mortar in the chinks in the wall is what a friend told me.... and so far my body is agreeing.

But then I am overweight, and have only been at the new serious routine for a couple of weeks. It is early but I swear it is working.

What I HAVE been taking is a fat burner and IT seems to be helping as well.

Good diet lots of work and a little kick inna pants fat burner for me for now.

Good luck!