PDA

View Full Version : So Hungry!

Ivey_Itch
09-22-2004, 03:07 PM
ok, this is going to sound weird, but i'm STARVING... i've started eating more calories from about 12-1300 to about 14-1500. Now i'm constantly hungry. I'm eating 5 times a day, but it seems like all i can think about is my next meal. It's weird because i'm not craving junk food stuff.. it's like my body is just saying.. Feed me.. give me more nutrients..i'm not physically hungry.. but i am... does that make any sense? I'm scared to up my calories even more.. i don't want to gain fat... i wouldn't mind muscle..but i'm terrified of gaining fat. Why is this occuring? is this normal? What should I do? Should I up my calories even more? Should I eat when i'm hungry and not worry about it? or should I keep it going the way I have it and tough it out? Please help me any way you can!

sweethead
09-22-2004, 05:48 PM
I was having the same problem you were, I went to a nutritionist because i always eat such a low calorie diet and have not been having a period, and she said that when I upped my calories you start to get more hungry because your metabolism is starting to pick up, (thats good) . I also have gained some weight and it seems to go around my middle area so I asked her why there and she said that is were all of you organs are so thats were the body stores it first to protect itself from when you eat a low calorie diet again its holding on to whatever it can. I have gained some weight and she said your body will get to the weight it wants as long as you are eating clean and healthy dont worry about it to much, I can understand how hard it is I only have been doing this for a couple of weeks now and I keep saying OH MY am I gaining weight. yes but your body will tell it what it need, so eat up and eat healthy. Enjoy! And get new jeans if you have to I did.