PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie in the Making- Help Create a Dream

Shaker Maker
09-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Hello all and thank you for taking the time to read and/or respond. MY name is Ashley, I'm 18 and have just recently been introduced into the world of weightlifting/bodybuilding but have absolutely NO idea where to go. For the past two years I wrestled on my High School Wrestling team at 110lbs. I Suffered numerous injuries and soon learned I loved the time in the gym more than the time on the mat. Soon, it was off to college and of course...there wasn't a girl's wrestling team. So, in hopes to keep active I took up the sport of Rugby- my god it's been three weeks and the running is killing me. Aside from that, the main point of my article is deep down I've always loved weightlifting. I mean, I LOVE to lift. The only problem is, I really don't know anyone who's a serious lifter. Even worse, the only girls I know that lift want a trim body, not a muscular/ built one like I so wish to obtain. So, if anyone out there has any tips on how to start, what to eat, and how to become bigger than the average gal please feel free to drop me a line or two. I understand it takes an extreme amount of dedication, but I feel I can handle it. After two years of running with three layers of clothing on for an hour, spitting a lliter-bottle a day without eating to cut weight, and working out/training for two hours after school...I'm ready to take on my next challenge: building that body I always dreamed of. I have no support from my family: my mother says it's disgusting for girls to get big and bulky...I think it's beautiful. Please, I need any support I can get. Thank you so much!!!

Emma-Leigh
09-23-2004, 01:21 AM
Hello all and thank you for taking the time to read and/or respond. MY name is Ashley, I'm 18 and have just recently been introduced into the world of weightlifting/bodybuilding but have absolutely NO idea where to go. For the past two years I wrestled on my High School Wrestling team at 110lbs. I Suffered numerous injuries and soon learned I loved the time in the gym more than the time on the mat. Soon, it was off to college and of course...there wasn't a girl's wrestling team. So, in hopes to keep active I took up the sport of Rugby- my god it's been three weeks and the running is killing me. Aside from that, the main point of my article is deep down I've always loved weightlifting. I mean, I LOVE to lift. The only problem is, I really don't know anyone who's a serious lifter. Even worse, the only girls I know that lift want a trim body, not a muscular/ built one like I so wish to obtain. So, if anyone out there has any tips on how to start, what to eat, and how to become bigger than the average gal please feel free to drop me a line or two. I understand it takes an extreme amount of dedication, but I feel I can handle it. After two years of running with three layers of clothing on for an hour, spitting a lliter-bottle a day without eating to cut weight, and working out/training for two hours after school...I'm ready to take on my next challenge: building that body I always dreamed of. I have no support from my family: my mother says it's disgusting for girls to get big and bulky...I think it's beautiful. Please, I need any support I can get. Thank you so much!!!

Hello Ashley. Welcome to the forums.

If support is what you want, you are definately in the right place. Weight training is what we all do here - for me, it is not only my sport and my hobbie but it is my stress relief and my passion. It allows me to challange my boarders, push my boundries and test my body and mind. It is my joy.

Bodybuilding is a lifestyle - it is not only about molding yourself in terms of physical and mental fitness and strength, but is also about improving and maintaining your health.

I strongly suggest you consider starting a journal in the journal section. This is somewhere you can get support, reflect on your training and diet and analyse your weaknesses in order to improve yourself. You should check the journals out as well - just reading over the stories there is inspirational in itself.

As to where to start and what to do - well, setting up a training routine is probably a good start... Outlining a basic 'eating plan' is also something you might want to do.. It all depends on how 'full on' you want to get. It also depends on your goals.

It is all about training hard, eating well and resting enough... Balance is the key to everything.

bscrusher
09-28-2004, 03:59 PM
ash you are awesome, read articles by coach john davies, many are on this website. also check out mike mahler.