PDA

View Full Version : girls help me help my girl...please

bigpump23
09-22-2004, 02:47 PM
hey ladies, I put my girl on a strict diet but i wanted to run it by you guys, since you all are women LOL Help me out. If she's happy I'll be happy, so help me out

Vitamins-mult, fish oils, vitamin b, fiber, ginseng

40 mins cardio
Breakfast-1 cup oatmeal

mid-morning-Fruit Salad

Lunch-Alternating
1) Wheat low fat wrap- low fat turkey or tuna

2) Tuna

3) Garden Salad

Mid-afternoon-Yogurt

Dinner-Grilled chikcen with brown rice and green beans

Protein shake

How does this look? I really want to get it right for her, thanks for your help

Thunder_Bunny
09-22-2004, 03:12 PM
It's hard to say since we don't know anything about her stats or her goals.
Is this going to be her workout routine everyday? What about weights?

What are her maintance calories and how much is she eating now? The you have laid out for her might be a bit of a shock if she's eating a lot more now.
I would recommend slowly lowering her calories before restricting too many at once.

All in all I would try to keep her meals well balanced. With protein, carb and fats. There are a couple of meals in your plan that lack protein.

:)

bigpump23
09-22-2004, 03:37 PM
It's hard to say since we don't know anything about her stats or her goals.
Is this going to be her workout routine everyday? What about weights?

What are her maintance calories and how much is she eating now? The you have laid out for her might be a bit of a shock if she's eating a lot more now.
I would recommend slowly lowering her calories before restricting too many at once.

All in all I would try to keep her meals well balanced. With protein, carb and fats. There are a couple of meals in your plan that lack protein.

:)

she's working out with weights twice a week, doing cardio 5 days a week. She's eating alot less, so thi sis a shock but i've also stedialy lowered it over the past 2 weeks, she's weighing herself tonight and when we work out she'll let me know. thunder or any girl for that matter, can you give me a diet that you use when you cut up?

Emma-Leigh
09-23-2004, 02:03 AM
she's working out with weights twice a week, doing cardio 5 days a week. She's eating alot less, so thi sis a shock but i've also stedialy lowered it over the past 2 weeks, she's weighing herself tonight and when we work out she'll let me know. thunder or any girl for that matter, can you give me a diet that you use when you cut up?

A diet with some food in it would probably be a good start! :rolleyes:

Eating 'much less' is not always a good way to go about things - she needs a diet much the same as any person working out - it needs to be balanced in terms of carbohydrates, proteins and healthy fats. There needs to be enough calories to maintain her metabolism but at a deficiency that will cause her body to utlilse fat stores... I would not use the diet you have posted.

We also need information on her height, weight and BF% to give you a more accurate estimate of what she requires.

I would also have her doing more weight training and start her with less cardio, especially if every cardio session she is doing is a 40 min. session pre-breakfast. How much she trains will also depend on how much experience she has.

40 mins cardio
Breakfast-1 cup oatmeal
I am not a fan of fasted cardio. She can get a lot more out of her cardio sessions if she keeps them short and hard.

Breakfast should have a complete protein in it. 1 cup oats is not going to do it. Consider something like (I will not give values due to the fact that I have no idea of her calorie requirement):
Oats topped with ground flaxseeds and blueberries
Egg white omlette

mid-morning-Fruit Salad
Needs protein again. Something like:
Cottage Cheese
Fat/free sugar free yoghurt
Fruit

Lunch-Alternating
1) Wheat low fat wrap- low fat turkey or tuna
2) Tuna
3) Garden Salad
ARgggg... :hits head on desk:
What about a big salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, mushrooms and anything else green, leafy and low in cals with some brown rice/chick-peas or sweet potato, some protein such as tuna, chicken, lean red meat, chopped eggs etc and a sprinkle of healthy fats (chopped walnuts, drizzle of olive oil/walnut oil, some avocado)

Mid-afternoon-Yogurt
Once again, not balanced, not enough food. Something like a hard boiled egg some cottage cheese and some vegetables would be better.

Dinner-Grilled chikcen with brown rice and green beans
Wow - an actual balanced meal. Congratulations.
This would be also be a good lunch. This is fine for dinner as well but she might want to lower her starchy carbs and increase her fibrous carbs later in the evening. Something like some salmon with some steamed vegetables.

Protein shake
Not a good end to the day. Unless it is a casien protein based shake. Whey shakes (due to the BCAAs) cause a high insulin release and are quickly absorbed, so they are not a good choice.

Consider some cottage cheese, a few tbs of natural yoghurt, some fresh berries, walnuts and cinnamon instead.

Thunder_Bunny
09-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Thumbs way up on Emma's excellent advice!

ms chicago
09-24-2004, 05:59 PM
I Am Open For Suggestions On A Good Diet For Me. A More Structured One Anyway. I Dont Eat Bad Now But I Guess Im Looking For Maybe Something Better. I Already Eat Alot Of Chicken (protein), Fruit, Veggies , Lots Of Water, Eggs, Brown Rice, Wheat Bread, Protein Shakes. Ladies Any Suggestions. My Bf% I Just Got Checked At The Gym Is 27% My Goal Is To Get Down To 17% But I Already Now That It Is Going To Take About 6 Months For Everything To Fall Into Place . I Am In The Gym 5 Days A Week, Cardio 60 A Day, Weight Training. I All Ready Am Doing What It Take To Get Me Where I Want To Be But Help Me With A Good Healthy Diet. Dont Hesitate To Say Anything. Thanks Ladies

Emma-Leigh
09-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I Am Open For Suggestions On A Good Diet For Me. A More Structured One Anyway. I Dont Eat Bad Now But I Guess Im Looking For Maybe Something Better. I Already Eat Alot Of Chicken (protein), Fruit, Veggies , Lots Of Water, Eggs, Brown Rice, Wheat Bread, Protein Shakes. Ladies Any Suggestions. My Bf% I Just Got Checked At The Gym Is 27% My Goal Is To Get Down To 17% But I Already Now That It Is Going To Take About 6 Months For Everything To Fall Into Place . I Am In The Gym 5 Days A Week, Cardio 60 A Day, Weight Training. I All Ready Am Doing What It Take To Get Me Where I Want To Be But Help Me With A Good Healthy Diet. Dont Hesitate To Say Anything. Thanks Ladies

We need a little more information about yourself before we can help - weight, age, general activity level (along with the BF% you provided) are also important in setting up a diet.

What are you doing in terms of weight training?

60 min of cardio a day is overkill. You don't need that much.

ms chicago
09-25-2004, 05:05 PM
We need a little more information about yourself before we can help - weight, age, general activity level (along with the BF% you provided) are also important in setting up a diet.

What are you doing in terms of weight training?

60 min of cardio a day is overkill. You don't need that much.

thanks for responding, before i answer your questions, i have a quick question for you, why do you feel that i am doing to much for my cardio? cardio is the key to weight lose?! cardio is important. how do you have a good work out without cardio, i would feel that i was missing something. i am trying to improve my cardio to excellant. i do realize that you get cardio while you weight train, but i still dont understand why you would say that.?! are you a bb or fitness model? my age is 29 my weight is 155 with as you know 27% bb.what do you mean by activity level? i already said i weight train at good levels. arms, shoulder, legs ( i love doing legs and glutes) abs, chest, back, ( i like doing my back to ) dont ask me why , i just do!lol i hate doing my abs and that i my main problem area on my body. oh yeah and should i also say my breasts are slowly going away , ladies you all no that sucks!!!!!!!!!!! i have gone from a d cup to a c cup al well, i would rather have small breasts and be cut and tone then have big breasts and be fat and nasty.

Emma-Leigh
09-25-2004, 08:46 PM
why do you feel that i am doing to much for my cardio? cardio is the key to weight lose?! cardio is important. how do you have a good work out without cardio, i would feel that i was missing something. i am trying to improve my cardio to excellant. i do realize that you get cardio while you weight train, but i still dont understand why you would say that.?!
As I said - I feel you are doing too much cardio (60 minutes a day). Yes cardio is 'good'. But no, cardio is not the 'key to weight loss'. It helps, but it is not neccessary and it is not needed in this amount. Infact, too much cardio can hinder your weight loss and stall a good program.

Firstly, you need a day of rest each week. That means no cardio. Your body needs this day to 'recover' and without it you will slowly overstress your body and loose condition. See, cardio is a 'stress' for your body. It increases your cortisol levels - which can cause your body to store fat (especially around your waist), decrease your immune system, decrease your muscle building potential and generally make you feel 'icky'.

Also - Cardio, especially lower intensity long duration cardio, is one of those things that your body adapts to quickly. Unless you constantly change the type, intensity and time of your cardio, the cardio you are doing will loose it's effectiveness and your progress will stall.

You do not need to do excessive amounts of cardio to improve your cardiovascular fitness - you just have to train smarter.

Also - if your weight training leaves you feeling that, without adding another 60 minutes of cardio you would not be getting a good workout - then you are probably not training with weights effectively.

what do you mean by activity level?
I mean generally -
How often do you weight train? For how long each time? How HEAVY do you train?
Are you really busy for the rest of your day, or are you sitting for most of the time?
Do you do other form of exercise? (walk to and from work, sports etc)

All of these are important factors.