PDA

View Full Version : aaaaah crap I fell off the wagon!

Anima
09-22-2004, 02:05 PM
I was doing so well.... eating the right things, eating often and smaller meals.... then i got a cold. I felt like hell. I went to work today and managed to do the right things and eat the right stuff... then came home and was hit by a MASSIVE craving and ended up having a massive helping of lasagne that was left int he fridge.

I feel so mad at myself but I honestly feel like it was stronger than me... I worked out this morning and had been ok all day tho sick... maybe I ate a little too littel cause of my cold... but the need for carbs hit me like a bat in the head....

Dang! Does anyone else feel these kind of urges when sick?

bluegirl
09-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Heh, I wish I had the excuse of being sick! I've been monitoring my foods on fitday.com, and the past two days have been carbtastic. :( Yesterday, I was stuck in meetings at work all day, so I had to squeeze in 2 peanut butter sandwiches at different points during the day (I forgot to bring in my own food, and the free stuff at work isn't very healthy). Today I ate an entire cup of trail mix (in addition to my lunch). Sigh.

Maybe it's a Carb Phase of the Moon or something. :D

Anima
09-22-2004, 11:21 PM
That might account for why I felt like howling as well!

God I feel ok this morning tho (I think I am finally getting well) but the evenings are hard.

I work late shifts, so I work out in the morning then go to work, and by eating a little before my workout, and a bigger meal after, I had hoped that small snacking meals at work (sneak in stuff like grapes and protein shake as it is forbidden to eat technically) then a decent meal at 6.... off work at 9 pm then home for my last small meal, I had HOPED that this would work but it is still hard to kill the hunger monster.

T
Last night's bimge attack on the lasagne was a disaster. It was veg lasagna but there was a fair amount of fat and it was loaded with carb.....

Could it be that I am not takign in enough carbs and my body was talking to me? I am not "counting" stuff yet (was just trying to get used to the KINDS of foods and the spread of meals first) but my diet has been rich in meats, a little bread or grain, and some salads and fruit.

Maybe my body just sent out an S.O.S. for carbs? Dunno.. all I know is it felt like Satan himself was in control LOL

Thunder_Bunny
09-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey Anima, the good thing about falling off the wagon is that you're allowed to get back on again. So don't let an off day discourage you, and don't use a slip to continue eating badly the rest of the day. That tends to happen a lot and it can become a nasty cycle.

I recommend you start counting your macros using Fitday.com. It's really easy to under/overestimate what you're eating. You might be suprised by what you're getting and what you're not.

Anima
09-23-2004, 02:03 PM
I did go to that site and start and man I am suprised.

Duh, what are macros?

:D

So am I correct that I should be at a roughly 40 P - 30 C - 30 F diet t lose weight? And having 5 meals a day and try to have whole foods and natural foods whenever possible?

This is what I clocked in at today:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2076
Fat: 55 494 24%
Sat: 12 110 5%
Poly: 16 147 7%
Mono: 22 194 9%
Carbs: 269 999 49%
Fiber: 19 0 0%
Protein: 137 549 27%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I know NOW that I took in too little protein and too much carb, tomorrow I track for serious now that I know where I went wrong.

Wonderful tracking site!!! Thx

moody_weasel
09-24-2004, 12:48 AM
II feel so mad at myself but I honestly feel like it was stronger than me... I worked out this morning and had been ok all day tho sick... maybe I ate a little too littel cause of my cold... but the need for carbs hit me like a bat in the head....

Don't work out while you're sick. You're not doing yourself a favor.
Right now your body needs all its strength to fight the cold. Don't put any more stress on it than necessary. I'm wondering if the craving for carbs had something to do with your body needing a quick energy source.

LAO @ " Maybe it's a Carb Phase of the Moon or something."
That's too funny.

Anima
09-24-2004, 07:36 AM
Actually, strange as it seems workign out has sped up my recivery tho the cardio part suffered.

Just getting in there and lifting a bit really cleared out my head and got me going a LOT better.

Today I am at about 98% me (the rest is filler ;) )

I am really NOT comfortable with the 30% fats I had read about in my diet, can this really be correct????

I feel like that is waaay too much, but I keep reading about a "cutting diet" of 40-30-30 so..... for me, overweight and lifting for muscle growth, and trying to lose weight, shoud it not be heavier in carbs and protein and lighter in fats?

Please advise!!! :)

Thunder_Bunny
09-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Don't fear the fats. They are essential to your diet. They will keep you full and will help you lose body fat.

This is more Indepth:
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine03/efa.htm