PDA

View Full Version : Routine for my girlfriend

brokenchair
09-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks for taking the time to read. I'm looking for some advice on developing a routine for my girlfriend. She's been training for several years but I think she needs a change.

The difficulty is her work schedule so she really only gets 3 days a week where she can train for over 30 minutes. I was thinking of some sort of Upper/Lower split.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

brokenchair
09-23-2004, 12:49 PM
41 views... no thoughts? Oh well.

moody_weasel
09-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Thanks for taking the time to read. I'm looking for some advice on developing a routine for my girlfriend. She's been training for several years but I think she needs a change.

What does her routine look like right now and how long has she been doing it? What are her goals?

brokenchair
09-24-2004, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the reply. Her goals are to reduce fat and firm up some muscle. The problem is she only has time to train with weights 2 days a week so I'm trying to get an idea of what exercises could cover it all in 2 days.

Right now she's just been doing cardio 3 times a week and has done a mish mash of weight training on the few days she can.

imperfectly_lou
09-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Weights only 2 times a week? Well it's not great, but if that is really all she can do...

I would do something like

Day 1 - Legs and back

Day 2 - Chest, shoulders, tris/bis

To be honest, it is unlikely she will gain muscle on such a limited weight training routine.

I would recommend something like:

Legs - Squats, Walking lunges and SLDL
Back - Lat pulldown and seated cable row
Chest - Bench press and incline DB press
Shoulders - Military press
Triceps - Lying tricep extension
Biceps - Standing BB or EZ-bar curl

Stasha
09-25-2004, 01:45 AM
If she can only train 2 days a week so she should go to failure on her sets with the exception squats, deadlift etc. to avoid injury. Do an upper body/ lower body split that includes your basic, compound exercises.

Other options are plyometrics, strength and conditioning training, swimming laps (if done properly can be very beneficial), kickboxing or some type of martial arts that trains both up and lower body, sprinting....

With training only 2 days a week I would suggest more intense workouts.

brokenchair
09-25-2004, 05:42 AM
Sounds pretty good. Thanks very much for the help!