PDA

View Full Version : What's your Routine Like?

Ivey_Itch
09-22-2004, 08:08 AM
I'm trying to come up with a good split and some good exercises to do. I've been reading tons of articles and seeing all different combinations. I'm curious as to what one of your weeks is like? What do you do and when do you do it? What body parts do you work together and how many sets and reps usually? I'd really like to get an idea of what all you guys do, so I get a better feel of what to expect. Also, about how many calories do you guys consume and are you competitors or do you just do it for the love of it? Thanks you guys! (I know it's a lot of questions but i'm just dying to learn more!) Also, if theirs something you think I should absolutely read, please paste a link for me to get there! I'm so pumped up! Thanks again!
-Kim

MsFit
09-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Routines and diets depend on goals. I just changed mine to a Monday, Wednesday, Friday split, using constant shock. Monday is legs and calves, Wednesday is back, chest and abs, and Friday is arms and calves. Two to three exercises per body part, 3-4 sets, 6-12 reps. My reps and sets change weekly right now.

I do light cardio the alternate days for just 20 minutes. I want to keep heart healthy and the metabolism running.

I cycle my calorie days right now anywhere from 1600 to 1700. I'm working on building for the next several months.

I'll shoot for a contest in late spring.

Ivey_Itch
09-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the reply! :)

Blaney4
09-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi Ivey - When I first started lifting, about 6 months ago, I did a full body routine - 2 exercises per body part-2X per week about 10-12 reps and all machines. I got some great info on this forum about neuro muscular adaptation and started with light weights and higher reps until my body seemed to adapt.After 3 months I switched to a 3 day split, either Mon, Wed, Fri or some weeks I do Tues, Thurs, Sun with free weights and compound exercises. I work legs/shoulders - Squats, 45 degree Leg Press, Alternate leg press on sled, leg extensions, leg curls........some weeks I will do lunges in place of one of these. For shoulders I do military press(barbell) front and lateral raises(dumbell) 1 warmup set of each muscle group then 3 sets of 10. Chest & Tris - Flat Bench Press, Incline Press, Dips(2X10), Dumbell Tricep Extension, Tricep Pulldown(Cable) Back/Bis - Seated Cable Rows, Lat Pulldown, Hyperextension machine, SLDL, Assisted Pull Ups(2X10) Barbell Curl, Hammer Curls - also all 3 sets of 10(unless I have notated) except for the first set with a new muscle group, which I will do one lighter warmup set making it 4 sets. I average about 1800 calories/day and run 3 miles 1Xper week, 2 miles hiit 1Xper week and do eliptical 1X per week. I fit abs in on my most energetic lifting day. I take off 1 week every 8 weeks and change my routine somewhat after each rest. My goal is to build the best body I can for me. I currently weigh 120lbs and am
5' - 6.5" so I am looking to lose bodyfat, gain muscle and basically maintain my current weight. Have fun lifting!:)

Ivey_Itch
09-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks! :)