PDA

View Full Version : My Diet, Help!

haus55
09-21-2004, 10:04 PM
I am 6'3'' 253, my main goal over at least this semester is to cut bodyfat, please look over my diet and offer input, how does it look?

Meal 1 7am
Oatmeal
Protein Shake
Flax Seeds
8oz Skim Milk

Meal 2 930am
Can of tuna
Cheese

Meal 3 1215pm
1/4lb Turkey Breast
8oz Skim Milk
2 Slices of Wheat Bread
Cheese

PreWorkout 400pm
Oatmeal
Can of tuna

Post Workout 645pm
Multivitamin
Protein Shake
1 Banana

Dinner 800pm
2 Chicken Breasts
Brown Rice
Can of Green Beans
8oz Skim Milk

Bedtime 1100pm
Cottage Cheese

Calories 2782
Protein 331.5g Carbs 234 Fats 52.6

Clive Jones
09-22-2004, 04:09 AM
It looks good to me. Are you training/doing any cardio along with it?

what was your diet before?

jimmy king
09-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Looks good man. I'm actually pretty glad to see this, I'm also 6'3" and somewhere in the 245-250lb range and am looking to drop a good bit of fat, but have been having a hell of a time keeping my carb/protein/fat balanced as I get up into the calorie ranges I need (of course living with a gf who can't quite grasp the idea of a strict diet doesn't help me out much... ohh, lets have pizza tonight, tomorrow lets have bratwurst, I bought some little mini pies for desert... aargh). I've managed to stay within calories so far, but always end up with my fats 30 or so grams too high and my carbs and protein 50-75 grams too low. This helps a lot with some ideas of what to eat... all stuff I knew I should be eating, but it helps to see that it adds up on paper beforehand as it never seems like it will when I just read the labels while at the store. Coincidentally, I also lived in Iowa most of my life, up until about 4 years ago. I was in CR but have a lot of friends who went to college out in Ames.

EME
09-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Hi Haus55,

I've done some metabolic calculations for you based on the following numbers:

Height: 6'3
Current Weight: 253 lbs
Age: 20 ( I used 20 since I don't know your actual age and you mentioned "this semester" )
Training: 5 days per week

Based on these assumptions, your Adjusted Basal Metabolic Rate would be ~3850 calories per day. This is the number of calories necessary to maintain your current weight based on your current activity level.
( Of course this number will vary if any of the above stats differ greatly from my example numbers )

Based on your Adjusted BMR, your current diet of 2782 calories per day should result in a weekly loss of about 2.1 pounds per week. I typically recommend a weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week to my clients, so I think you plan should work well for you.

A few things to look at if you find you aren't losing as planned.

You might consider dropping the brown rice from the 8:00 PM meal, and moving the same number of carbs to meal 2 or 3. ( Or split between the two )
Your overall carb intake looks very good. I typically recommend a macronutrient ratio of 50% Protein, 35% Carbs, and 15% when cutting, and your carb % comes out to about 34%, so it's right on track. However, when cutting, I typically recommend limiting carb intake late in the day, aside from a post workout meal.

Overall, you seem to have done your homework. Good Job!
Good luck with your training and please let me know if you need any additional help.

- EME

haus55
09-22-2004, 06:47 AM
thanks to all of you guys!