PDA

View Full Version : ??bcaa??

BRP
09-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Three weeks ago I started taking BCAA Recovery supplements. I am weight training 3 times a week for an hour and after weight training I am doing 40 min. of cardio. Each day before my workout I am taking 1200 mg of BCAA and 600 mg after my workout. I only need to lose 5 pounds for my ideal weight buy my body fat is at 30%. My reason for taking this supplement was to gain muscle and definition and lose body fat but it seems I have been gaining inches especially in my middle area and bottom. Please give me your input on these supplements and my situation.

P.S. I feel absolutely wonderful untill I put on my pants that was fitting me a month ago.

Emma-Leigh
09-22-2004, 02:30 AM
Three weeks ago I started taking BCAA Recovery supplements. I am weight training 3 times a week for an hour and after weight training I am doing 40 min. of cardio. Each day before my workout I am taking 1200 mg of BCAA and 600 mg after my workout. I only need to lose 5 pounds for my ideal weight buy my body fat is at 30%. My reason for taking this supplement was to gain muscle and definition and lose body fat but it seems I have been gaining inches especially in my middle area and bottom. Please give me your input on these supplements and my situation.

P.S. I feel absolutely wonderful untill I put on my pants that was fitting me a month ago.

I would not imagine it is the BCAA suppliment that has caused your waist to expand. This is just an amino acid suppliment (BCAA stands for Branched Chain Amino Acids - these are vital amino acids in terms of muscle growth and recovery and are at a high concentration in whey).

Has anything else in your training/diet changed?