PDA

View Full Version : 40 grams of fat

ana banana
09-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Hi. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what amounts to a total of 40 grams of fat in one day? I mean what are best ways to incorporate the good fats in one's diets- Looking forward to lots and lots of replies, THanks :)

SEADRA
09-21-2004, 03:25 AM
Nuts especially almonds and walnuts, PB , fatty fish-salmon.

Ms. Lucy
09-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Ana,

Try going to www.fitday.com. It will allow you to track all your meals and will calculate how much fat/protein/carbs/fiber you're getting. I love using it! I usually track meals in the morning (have them basically planned out) and then put them in there to see that I'm getting the correct macro's. If not, I'll add some walnuts, carbs or protein depending on what I'm lacking.

Hope that helps!

Clear Intention
09-21-2004, 05:41 AM
Also try the EFA supplements, such as fish oil (mmmm, the lemon lime tastes like taking a shot of Pledge) and flax oil, and ground flax seeds.

Ivey_Itch
09-21-2004, 06:14 AM
I'm with Ms. Lucy on this one, use fitday! It's a great FREE site! I plan my meals the night before and the next day I have no worries! Good Luck!

fuji
09-25-2004, 03:38 AM
Hi. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what amounts to a total of 40 grams of fat in one day? I mean what are best ways to incorporate the good fats in one's diets- Looking forward to lots and lots of replies, THanks :)
1st off there are tons of possible fats you can intake for the 40 grams required: Avacados are a great source and help w/ colesteral management, nuts and seeds are also excellent fat sources, fish oils w/ every meal w/ also help or just eat fish but try to avoid larger type of sport or game fish whereas the mercury content may be too high for consumption. Try to avoid fish like: sword fish, salmon, blue fin tuna, the larger the fish type and the longer lived the fish the more likely the mercury content w/ be dangerous for consumtion. Sardines,smeldt,grunion, Orange roughy,monk fish are some possible good choices. Also Shell fish are a good fats choice unless you happen to be allergic then avoid them like the plauge. Many may say that the colesteral is a factor w/ shellfish but in numerous studies I've read many that have been longer than 10 years and double and even some tripple blind studies have all shown that shell fish actually lowered the bad colesteral. Best of luck w/ your diet endevour...Be Well!