PDA

View Full Version : rountine rotation

noho
09-19-2004, 10:53 PM
I've been working out with a 4 day split (chest/tri; legs; back/bi; shoulders/abs) for a long time... far too long I believe, perhaps leading to a plateau. Anyway, I'm wondering where to go from here? What's a good switch up? I'm looking to build a bit more muscle and cut some fat. Also, how often do you switch up your routine, and perhaps how many do you have? Do you rotate them or what? Thanks

weanbean
09-20-2004, 05:12 AM
I agree, awhile back I felt like I was at a plateau, not to mention bored. I now will switch from a similar split as you, to full body exercises. These exercises include large compound movements. IE squats, deadlifts, dips, pushups, pull-up etc. Other times I will work push/pull (agonist/antagonist) muscle groups.

W

trnurbdy48
09-20-2004, 06:07 AM
There are many ways to go past adaptations that have created plateaus. Changing exercises, sets, reps, weight, intensity-tempo. SAID concept=Specific Adaptations to Imposed Demands.........in other words the body will adapt to stresses place upon it. That's why it's so important to create new adaptations. I change my personal routines weekly.........incorporating basic compound movements with varied isolation exercises mixed in to prevent boredom & adaptation.