PDA

View Full Version : bra size?

dana82
09-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Does bra size coincide with bf% or weight? I am asking because 3 weeks ago I weighed 120 BF 22.1% (not working out with weights) and my bra size was full 34c, now I weigh 124 BF 20.3 % (with 3 weeks of weight training), and I am not filling my bras? I don't wan to loose my boobs! But my goal is to be @ around 19% in the winter, 18% in the summer?

JLB001
09-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Boobies are usually the first thing to go on me. :-(

Being that they are made up of fat tissue, they will go away some.

featherz
09-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Sorry, if you are losing to the lower levels of body fat, in most women the boobs are going to go. Thus the popularity of implants for hardcore low BF women. My BF went from around 30 to around 17-18 and I went from a 38D to a 34B. Ouch! :)

dana82
09-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Damn it!!!!!!

SEADRA
09-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Oh ya! I went from a C to a small B.

sweetbecky
09-19-2004, 07:16 PM
C --> B here

Fitness Chik
09-19-2004, 09:04 PM
went from a big, full B to a small B, almost a big A.....ouch...........but it happens..........

TennisChik
09-19-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm 125, 11% BF and have nipples only. The leaner I have become over the last couple of years, the smaller my boobs became until now, they are nonexistent. And I'm getting ready to compete in April.

weanbean
09-20-2004, 05:16 AM
God, I know what you mean. It is so frustrating to have all these great bras that now sag. My husband thinks it is REAL funny. But, remember anymore than a handfull and the men risk spraining a thumb

W

trnurbdy48
09-20-2004, 05:52 AM
As sad as it is, the more we develop our bodies, the less breast we have. Fat is fat no matter how it's distributed. I always love it when I start a new (female) client. One of their first questions is, as they're looking at my 34A- chest........."uh, am I going to lose these"? And my answer is always........."let's take a photo"..................

dana82
09-20-2004, 06:36 AM
I was kinda hoping someone would say " mine stayed the same size." lol

fitgirlinidaho
09-20-2004, 07:25 PM
I was kinda hoping someone would say " mine stayed the same size." lol

LOLLLLL...oh i wish that too!

The other day i was looking at my old pics where i use to complain about having no boobs.....well now i wish i had those back!!!:)

dana82
09-22-2004, 07:48 PM
well I guess in the end I'd rather sacrafice just alittle to lower Bf% :)

Emma-Leigh
09-23-2004, 03:18 AM
I barely fill an A cup but I don't know - I like not having boobies! :D

I work hard for my pec muscle definition and I don't want them covered by a lump of extra lard!! I want to see my muscle development..

Plus, boobs are just a hassle - they bounce when you run and get in the way when weight training... They also require bra's and the like!! No thank you!!

My favourite saying in relation to this:

Who needs boobs when you have biceps??

;)

imperfectly_lou
09-23-2004, 03:23 AM
I'm the same as Emma! I would probably do best in a training bra but it doesn't really worry me... Lately, my boobs have seemed a little bigger because the pecs underneath have grown and I do not like it at all! To me boobs = fat

Emma-Leigh
09-23-2004, 03:39 AM
I would probably do best in a training bra but it doesn't really worry me...
LOL - I don't even bother with that! With the exception of wearing a crop top type bra when working out if I can get away with it (which is usually just on non-work days) I prefere to just walk around in one of those Bonds singlet tops with the elasticated boob tube thingy!

To me boobs = fatYup - boobies are just fat. As far as I am concerned they are icky and useless and I would rather have a low BF% so I can see my abdominal and bicep veins! :D

featherz
09-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Ditto. I was HAPPY to have mine shrink. I don't think I want 'em totally gone, but where I was just made me look fat. No implants for me. :)

Titania
09-24-2004, 03:48 AM
Hmmm....I went from a large A (bit of an oxymoron there!!) to almost non-existant. I guess I've always wanted bigger boobs even before I dropped to my current bodyfat levels.
I really love those bicep veins too and having a visible 8 pack is just totally addictive....but...I still want decent boobs. :eek:
I'll be getting them done before summer (in a month or two, I'm in Aus) and can't wait. I've picked my surgeon, had a consultation and been measured for them. I tried the implants I'm getting inside a sports bra during the fitting and didn't want to take it off. LOL. :D

fitfortE
09-25-2004, 09:59 AM
So can anyone advice on what's the 'loose it' threshold?
I'm currently 23%bf (was 27-30) and working on lowering it further - cardio 5x week in the morning and and weights pm covering all muscle groups each week - strength increasing and development definition coming. Q: I've alwyas had a large bust -currently 34E - any guesses at what %bf that will significantly start to go?

PS. aiming for fitness physique and not bodybuilder.

Natbornthrilla
09-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I would ingest protein before and after cardio in morning and before and after your workout. Do cardio 6 days a week and do abs on a cardio day and your day off

Emma-Leigh
09-25-2004, 09:54 PM
I would ingest protein before and after cardio in morning and before and after your workout. Do cardio 6 days a week and do abs on a cardio day and your day off

Hmmm.. and this has what to do with the conversation topic at hand??? :rolleyes:

LOL

Emma-Leigh
09-25-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm currently 23%bf (was 27-30) and working on lowering it further - cardio 5x week in the morning and weights pm covering all muscle groups each week - strength increasing and development definition coming. Q: I've alwyas had a large bust -currently 34E - any guesses at what %bf that will significantly start to go?
The bodyfat% at which your boobies go bye-bye is very individual. Some loose them at 20%, others at 15%. However, for most females, once you start to go close to 12% (which is generally considered the 'functional level of bodyfat for most females - or the BF% which most female bodies need to function hormonally) they are usually all but gone.

But - Being an E cup at 23% I would think you still have a way to go before you will even have to think about padding! ;)

Natbornthrilla
09-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Fitforte commented she wanted to go down in bf and look like a fitness girl and not a bodybuilder and at her current bf stats I was suggesting what to do.

Emma-Leigh
09-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Fitforte commented she wanted to go down in bf and look like a fitness girl and not a bodybuilder and at her current bf stats I was suggesting what to do.

Riggghttt... Considering she did not ask anything about 'how to loose BF' but was questioning at what BF% she could expect to loose her breasts, I am still not sure about the relavence...

:D

But anyway...

alphafemale
09-26-2004, 04:54 AM
I'm currently 23%bf (was 27-30) and working on lowering it further - cardio 5x week in the morning and and weights pm covering all muscle groups each week - strength increasing and development definition coming. Q: I've alwyas had a large bust -currently 34E - any guesses at what %bf that will significantly start to go?

I was a D-cup at around 18% bodyfat. I dropped to a C-cup by the time I hit 12%. Even when I go below that, my boobs don't get much smaller. So I wouldn't worry about it. At a 34E, you have a ways to go. I doubt they will ever get smaller than a C unless your bodyfat dropped down into single digits.

Laurie
09-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Well, my boob size more or less stayed the same in cup size. But the overall size dropped. At least I can wear a size 42 that fits comfortably across my back where I used to wear 48 and more before. I was not big busted to begin with, except when I was breastfeeding my two kids.

Just I dropped alot of fat in my back after lifting two years

Janie
09-27-2004, 02:57 AM
Ok, I was always flat-chested and hated it. Then one day, only like 2 years ago, my breasts grew and they were perfect... for like a year. They were so round and perky. I think I was drinking too much beer cuz I heard that the breasts are the first place you gain weight and the first place you lose it and soon after I got a tire around my waist. I think alcohol was the cause of my weight gain.

But now... my breasts are starting to sag. And I'm afraid things will only get worse for them cuz I'm dieting now and starting to exercise. So I'm afraid that since I was really skinny and flat and then got pretty fat fast, that now my breasts will lose all their definition and just be two long flabby sacks.

Sorry don't mean to gross anyone out.

And I think I was wearing bras that were too small so much that they actually pushed my breasts down somehow. So there's really no way to make them go up once they go down is there? Is there a way to keep the roundness I have left in my breasts and still lose fat in other areas?

Sorry so long.

Laurie
09-27-2004, 03:16 AM
Nope.

Like I said, I was never big breasted to begin with. But they did "perk" abit when I was younger. Now, after having breastfed two kids and age (53) and gravity....mine sag down.

As far as I know. You will lose fat in that area too..eventually. Just as you cannot "spot" reduce. You cannot keep "fat" in just one place forever, while losing it elsewhere.

Ivey_Itch
09-27-2004, 04:59 PM
I weighed 166.5 and was a size 38 C... now i'm at 135 and i'm a 34 A... and I still have 21.78% bodyfat! I don't even want to know how much smaller they are going to get! lol...

Janie
09-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Ivy...kinda a personal question, but when your boobs shrunk did the skin shrink with it for the most part? If I can't keep my breasts then I don't want the extra skin hangin' around.

featherz
09-27-2004, 07:26 PM
I went from a large C/small D to a small B and I'm quite saggy. :( :( Roughly 18% BF from 30%.

fitfortE
09-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Thanks for all your comments - when I posted my question I acknowledged each answer would be very individual - but it's interesting to share experiences and learn from each other - like the way the thread developed to discuss what texture / shape changes occurs as well as size.

In terms of your bra size - chest/rib dimentions - you should be able to trade off the fat loss (decrease in size) for muscle gain - lats ( increase size) with the extra benefit that this will give you better shape and extenuate your 'narrow' waist. I don't have the classic hour-glass figure (who does?) so this is great way improving this aspect of your body.

sdp10
05-30-2011, 03:50 PM

Apologies for digging up an old thread, but I'm new here and I was doing a little forum browsing hoping to address a similar issue. I'm a 36F and JUST started weight training, my BF% is currently at 32. I know it's a little early to start worrying, but I really don't want to lose any breast size. Did you ever happen to find that magic BF number?