PDA

View Full Version : why do u need veggies?

andrew111
09-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Well im 16 and ive been working out for liek 1 month or 2 month and i dont EVER eat veggies. i just have meat and so on. i never eat veggies and i dont see the big deal. im still getting some pretty good mass on me so i dont see the big deal. some one mind explaining to me why it matters so much?

Knight_Walker
09-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Well im 16 and ive been working out for liek 1 month or 2 month and i dont EVER eat veggies. i just have meat and so on. i never eat veggies and i dont see the big deal. im still getting some pretty good mass on me so i dont see the big deal. some one mind explaining to me why it matters so much?

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/derek23.htm

Maximum6
09-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Vegetables are nutrients you need to help you stay healthy and grow.

If you compare a person who eats veggies and meat to a person who only eats meat...obviously the person who eats veggies will look healthier..and IS healthier.

uhockey
09-18-2004, 01:40 PM
These types of questions just hurt. Need some kind of screening process for members on this board, I swear.

Section8
09-18-2004, 03:15 PM
These types of questions just hurt. Need some kind of screening process for members on this board, I swear.hahaha

Derek0783
09-18-2004, 06:45 PM
These types of questions just hurt. Need some kind of screening process for members on this board, I swear.

Yep. Some people who are new to sports and working out ask questions that are obvious to us, but we have all been there before so it's all good, but then there are a few questions that they ask that are just down right pitiful.

alphava
09-19-2004, 03:28 AM
plus if u dont eat veggies u will tend to overdose on other things that might be bad for u. Veggies are low in calories and make u full fast, so veggies are especially important in cutting

krys
09-19-2004, 05:55 AM
Plus veggies contain heaps of fibre to keep you regular as well as lots of vitamins and minerals that you need to stay healthy (things you can't get from meat and diary alone). Pretty simple really.

saw14
09-19-2004, 06:13 AM
hahaha...im sorry i just had to chuckle at this thread. not because of the question but because i have two friends who wont eat veggies either. one used to be real large, then lost a ton of weight(safe to assume unhealthily b/c all he did was workout/long cardio sessions and eat ****) and now he has balloned back up. then another buddy of mine who has an ok physique, has good family genetics for it, wont eat veggies. he tells me he is allergic to most but i think he is just being incredibly picky. i got these two guys telling me i need to follow their diets because they think they know what they are talking about, while i sit there and eat a bag of frozen spinach a day, 3c of broccoli, a salad, red peppers, green peppers, and zucchini...but i guess veggies are crap and i need to go to mcdonald's and get a big mac, oh yeah no onions, pickles, or lettuce on it either. they arent good for you.

Sixpack
09-19-2004, 06:32 AM
They are great I stick to broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, I include 200 grams at each meal no matter what I love em, full of vitamins, antioxidents etc

aurovon
09-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Atleast take multivitamins, better than nothing.

alan aragon
09-19-2004, 09:50 AM
you won't notice the effects of a lack of veggies right away. the human body is amazingly resilient at withstanding all types of nutritional deficits. you could be fine for years, in fact. but later on in life, guess who wears depends diapers. guess who has extremely weak gastrointestinal muscles & poor digestive functioning. guess who ages a lot quicker from a lack of antioxidant phytonutrients. guess who gets all types of cancer.

chew on those very real possibilities, then go chew on some vegetables.