PDA

View Full Version : At the end of the day. . .

Girlie
09-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Though usually I'm pretty good about planning out my meals the day before and packing lots of snacks, sometimes I get "trapped" in a meeting at work or other unavoidable task that I can't interrupt and end up missing a snack. I don't always realize it until I get home (often 2 hours or less before I go to bed) and somehow have 600-700 calories left to consume to meet my cutting total of 1500. My question is: is it better to eat 2 heavy meals close together to make up the deficit? or is it better to just be a hundred or more calories under that day?

I've had this problem 4 days running this week or I wouldn't worry about it so much. Thanks!

imperfectly_lou
09-16-2004, 08:37 PM
I would say it is better to be a little under for the day.. but if you are coming into this problem on a regular basis, you may want to find your meals earlier in the day a bit higher in calories and schedule a very small dinner. I find that if I eat well all day, I am often not really overly hungry come dinnertime and I am satisfied with something small.

Girlie
09-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Thank you! This problem doesn't usually come up this often, but this week was a bad one for marathon work days. . .

playmaker
09-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Though usually I'm pretty good about planning out my meals the day before and packing lots of snacks, sometimes I get "trapped" in a meeting at work or other unavoidable task that I can't interrupt and end up missing a snack. I don't always realize it until I get home (often 2 hours or less before I go to bed) and somehow have 600-700 calories left to consume to meet my cutting total of 1500. My question is: is it better to eat 2 heavy meals close together to make up the deficit? or is it better to just be a hundred or more calories under that day?

I've had this problem 4 days running this week or I wouldn't worry about it so much. Thanks!

when i have a very busy schedule i have 3 heavy meals and 2 protein shakes between, what i do is to put some protein powder and skim milk powder into a shaker keep the shaker in my bag and just put some some water when i have to drink it.

Ms. Lucy
09-17-2004, 04:51 AM
I do the same as Playmaker. (first, I hate to make a big deal about what I eat b/c people look at me funny-lol). Anyways, I have a tea/coffee cup I always use at work--with me 24/7. If I have a long meeting, I'll throw some protein powder before with water and get my meal during the meeting. No ones the wiser and I don't get crumpy for not being able to eat!

(My hubby FINALLY knows better!)

Girlie
09-17-2004, 11:12 AM
ooh! both really good ideas! I can just keep a coffee mug and a bag of protein powder in my desk! yay! thanks!