PDA

View Full Version : Missmuscle's countdown to Competition

missmuscle
09-15-2004, 02:16 PM
This is for all the ladies out there who need someone to commiserate with if they are nearing a show and to give some advice to any other ladies out there who are interesting in competing. I have had a great time following RunningGirl and LL's progress and countdown. Alas, LL will be ending her pre-comp prep this week as she hits the stage, so I'll be continuing on the countdown thread! I'll post pics for you so you all can follow the changes as well. i am really looking forward to chatting with all of you out there who are in prep stage too!! That mean's you RG!!!

Here's my back and my abs- the back shot was 8 weeks out and the ab shot was 7 weeks out. I usually don't count the last week of the show b/c it's all down hill then and it's almost over!! I consider myself 6 weeks out right now b/c I want to be dialed in the final week.

Can't wait to hear from you!

playmaker
09-15-2004, 11:48 PM
This is for all the ladies out there who need someone to commiserate with if they are nearing a show and to give some advice to any other ladies out there who are interesting in competing. I have had a great time following RunningGirl and LL's progress and countdown. Alas, LL will be ending her pre-comp prep this week as she hits the stage, so I'll be continuing on the countdown thread! I'll post pics for you so you all can follow the changes as well. i am really looking forward to chatting with all of you out there who are in prep stage too!! That mean's you RG!!!

Here's my back and my abs- the back shot was 8 weeks out and the ab shot was 7 weeks out. I usually don't count the last week of the show b/c it's all down hill then and it's almost over!! I consider myself 6 weeks out right now b/c I want to be dialed in the final week.

Can't wait to hear from you!

Your back is amazimg!!!! also Arms and abs leaning down nicely, i think 6 weeks are enough time keep going!

runninggirl
09-16-2004, 04:33 AM
hi mm!! i'll definitely be hanging around here too :) i can use all of the help i can get!! btw, where is your comp? (you may have said before, but the lack of carbs is impairing my memory recall ;) )

rg

missmuscle
09-18-2004, 02:57 PM
My thoughts are with LL as she took the stage today- her dream is now a reality! Yeah for you!!! I know we all can't wait to see those pics!!

Well, I have to admit that right now I am second guessing if I want to do this!! I feel really guilty that my hubby has to sacrifice so much for me right now. It really is a selfish sport and I know that without his help and patience I'd never make it! I can't wait for him to do a show so he can finally understand what it is really like!!

I am almost in the home stretch now- I am preparing myself for the worst - I started taking thermos yesterday even though I really dislike them. I took one at 4:30 yesterday which was apparantly a mistake as I was awake all night!! I hate not being able to sleep!!!! I really didn't want to take anything, but I need a boost to the metabolism to shed some fat and well, the energy to do the two a day workouts. I have decided that I will not be doing another show for a very long time. I may consider doing one if my hubby does one next year, but it's so all consuming and it really is all about yourself and it's hard to have a relationship and friends when you are tired and dieting all the time!!
Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed that I can sleep tonight. I am not going to take any thermos tonight!!!
The workouts are going well, and today my bf was at 14%. I was glad that I had gone down 2%, but my goal was 12%. I am hoping to come in around 8% for the show, so I have another 7% to go in the next 6 weeks. I know that the reading is skewed by all of the water I am holding as well, so I am happy with knowing that my bodyfat is getting lower. I just look really smooth not cut.

I need all the support I can get right now as I have reached the point that I am not sure I want to finish it- but I know myself and I am not someone who gives up, so I'll get over it and push through it!!
Thanks- talk soon, MM

runninggirl
09-20-2004, 04:23 AM
hey mm, it sounds like you are definitely making progress!!!! i know that you are going to follow this one through and come out shining like a star!!! it is a bit consuming and it definitely alters our lives for a bit, but it will be worth it when we finally reach the day for the stage. i'm sure lean did great and will come back with a report that it was all worth it. i've been debating following this all the way through too, but we've put in way too much work to not finish strong :) i'm now at under 4 weeks and scared of what is yet to come. my cardio is getting harder and harder - seriously, i am grandma moses out there trying to sprint, well actually crawl, up the hills ;) my lifts are still going well, but i'm looking like a roadmap of veins after!! you've helped me this far, so i'm looking forward to the end when we can post our pics and actually EAT!!!!!!!! btw, i'm sure your husband is extremely proud of you and your dedication. he's doing this to help you and because he loves and believes in you - so, you can help him out by believing in yourself :) we'll get there!!
rg

Logue
09-20-2004, 11:04 AM
MM,
I would have to agree with RG that your husband surely supports you and wants to see you succeed in something that you have a passion for...have you done shows before? You have helped me so much as well....and I have been reading about all of your progress...I'm so anxious to see you in the end....

keep your chin up....you are looking amazing already!!!!
L

missmuscle
09-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks ladies- you're both so right. I don't care if it kills me I am going to finish this- I'm too close not to right now.

I didn't take any thermos yesterday or today and I slept last night. I am buying a diff brand today to see if that will do the trick. I'll take them only in the am and well, I'm going to kick butt and finish this thing no matter what!!! I am so glad that I am in the home stretch, but on the other hand I am getting really scared that I won't come in where I want to. I have faith though and good friends like you guys, so I'll be able to stay strong.

I'll be buying my suits this week so I'll tell you all the low down on the horrors of trying them on later in the week!!!

RG- stay with it on the cardio- I know exactly how you feel. The last show I did I was doing cardio all the time. This time around I am only doing 20 -30 minutes high intensity 4x per week. I missed 2 times last week b/c I hadn't slept the night before. But I will vow to stay on top of it this week. I really noticed more changes from the diet than the cardio.

Since you're 4 weeks out RG, you should post some pics so we can see your progress. I will be 4 weeks out next week, so I'll have to try to get some on here as well. I may try to take some dandelion root to see if it makes any difference this week.

Talk soon, MM

Logue
09-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Now that's the MM that we know!!! Good for you girl....you're going to be great! I'm now 8 weeks out from my show...so about double you girls...I'm starting to get slightly nervous! I changed my diet from what I had to what you (MM) wrote up for me. So far my weight hasn't changed any, but we'll see. My boyfriend says I'm getting smaller around the middle, and I guess if anyone would know it would be him...but it does get discouraging. I went to a show this past weekend...a guy from my gym was in it at the master's level, so I went. He was 1st in his class and 2nd in the open so it was great. It was refreshing to just go and see a show...like a jump start to get me going again. Last week was one of those weeks for me where I questioned everything I was doing and whether or not I even wanted to do this or not. I'm going to another show this weekend and then on the 8th of October as well....so hopefully they'll be the "refreshment" that I'm in need of!!!

missmuscle
09-20-2004, 02:58 PM
There's nothing like going to a show for a little inspiration. Sometimes I check out pics online when I get down!! My biggest motivator right now is my friend that is doing the show with me. I can't stand it when she looks better than me (i'm so competitive) - Thank god we're not in the same division!!! I am really glad for her though! She's done a great job.

Once you make it through the next weeks it's all down hill- you're in the final stretch at that point. That's when I worry cause I feel like I have so much body fat to lose and I really hate taking thermos. I have about 7% that I need to knock off in 45 days. Very hard to do, so I'll keep faithful that I'll do it. I really really want to come in no higher than 8% this show. I'll keep you all in mind when the going gets tough!!!

MM

runninggirl
09-21-2004, 04:59 AM
hi girls :) you're both on track and doing great. logue - i was a little iffy at the 8 wk mark too!! things will start to come together and some mornings you'll wake up and you'll be amazed at the progress that you've made. i don't know about you, but from day to day i don't always see it coming together. then, one day i'm like - whoah, my legs are looking much better!! lol, i'm my own worst critic!!
mm, i have no doubt that you'll knock off the 7%. HIIT is amazing. i'm about 1 pound away now because i'm back at it and hitting it hard!! i'll try to get some pics taken this week and i'll get them posted as soon as i can!!! i'm worried though, my arms are sporting some nice cuts, but they're starting to look skinny. my legs on the other hand . . . . they're looking better, but i'm still fighting to get them to come through more. they just seem soooo big to me :( anyway, once i post, you'll have to give me some feedback and let me know what you think!!
rg

missmuscle
09-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Good morning!!! I am so exhausted. The last week I haven't been able to sleep well- restless sleep without dreams. I know this happened last time, but not until the last 2 weeks. I am taking melatonin and valerian root tea.

RG- have you been eating carbs? IF not, don't expect to get a pump. YOu should look pretty flat right now if you are dieting correctly. YOu should not really have many if any carbs now that you are at the 4 week mark, and cardio should be hell for you right now as well. If you feel like crap, then you're on the right track, is what I always say!!

I am in the same boat RG- I don't see changes each day, and then one day I'm like - oh, I can see that muscle now! I am changing the diet as of today. No more than 1 meal of chicken per day - too much sodium. I only will have egg whites and fish - no shakes. Hey, maybe it'll help me get to sleep since I'll be sheerly exhausted from lack of food!! I bought new thermos Hydroxycut and took only 1 this am and felt totally normal. I will up it to 2 tomorrow and 3 on thurs. I don't think that I'll add in a second dose in the afternoon only b/c I am having trouble sleeping. I hope I can make it through the last 5 weeks. It hit me this week and I feel crappy!!!

Can't wait for those pics!!!MM

runninggirl
09-21-2004, 11:22 AM
i'm having some carbs, but certainly not many :( i guess i would have to say that i'm not feeling the most energetic, especially during my cardio sessions. i usually jog my recoveries in my sprint sessions, well that's reduced to a walk now - lol, well, maybe a slow shuffle!! i've also had to reduce the number of hills and flat sprints. my body screams throughout the whole session, but i'm pushing as hard as i can to stay strong and fast (yeah, that's pretty relative right now!!) as for the carb thing, i really can't reduce any more. i'm working about 70-75 hours a week right now and have an hour drive to and from wk on top of that. i need a bit of a boost to get me through the long days and to fuel the workouts. i hope that this all pulls together, i'm getting nervous that all of this hard work and suffering isn't going to show . . . . . . oh, i should have some pics tomorrow!! provided i make it through until then ;)

Logue
09-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Hey girls...
Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who looks in the mirror and doesn't see results! Nice to know there are others out there struggling as well. I am doing three days of low to no carbs to jump start the metabolism...today is my first day....whew, am i hungry!!! I feel for you girls as you're cutting yours completely for the show...my goodness!!!
RG, I'm looking so forward to seeing your pictures....I'm sure you are looking great....sounds like it by reading what you write! Where is your show again?
thanks to you both for the words of encouragment....MM, I hope that you start sleeping better!!! Rest is such a key!
Looking forward to hearing from you girls...
L

runninggirl
09-22-2004, 04:22 AM
hey l,
the show i'm doing is in rockford, il. i'm facing a little body image anxiety today. i've been approached a lot lately and asked if i'm a gymnast. it happened again yesterday. i'm sure it's because i'm short and getting pretty tiny, but now i'm wondering if i'm too small . . . . . the funny thing is most days i don't feel so little, ugghhh it can be so frustrating!!!! if i can get through my fog of fatigue, i'll try to get my pics taken and up by tomorrow morning so you and mm can help me find some perspective :)
rg

Logue
09-22-2004, 06:36 AM
RG...hey...
Rockford IL, huh? I am from IL...quite a ways south of that, though...from the central part of the state.
Remember to keep in perspective the people that those questions are coming from....do they know anything about the sport (bodybuilding/fitness, i mean)? Or are they just asking questions like they think they know? A lot of people ask me random questions like those sometimes too, and I just have to remind myself that they don't understand. I'm sure that you're on the right track and that you are going to look amazing....just right for what you are doing!!! Hang in there...talk soon...have a great day!
L

missmuscle
09-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Hi ladies- here is a pic of my side 6 weeks out- pls be kind- I am flat from no carbs and my arms are not at all pumped!!!

mjt12
09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
MM I think you look FABULOUS!! Be very proud of yourself. Your dedication is envious!!! MJT

runninggirl
09-23-2004, 04:34 AM
mm - you're looking great :) i wish i was looking that good. i have some pics that i'm posting. i had them taken yesterday. i'm not sure how much you'll be able to get from them to offer up any comments. my abs didn't come through in the pic and the cuts i'm sporting in my arms and shoulders are hardly visible. i must have been too far away. digital cams can be soooo picky :) anyway, this is where i'm at.

missmuscle
09-23-2004, 05:20 AM
RG- You're looking very lean :) Great job, girl!!! I can see that you will have shoulders and abs on stage,not to worry, I think since you 've been carb depleting you are a little flat. You are going to do so well!!

I do have 1 question though, Are you doing the poses thatyou plan to do onstage in the pics, or are you in relaxed poses? IF you are planning on doing those poses, I would like to make some suggestions. For the back pose: remember to arch your back a little so that your bum comes out a bit and you'll need to learn to "flair your lats" which, along with flexing your pecs, is the hardest thing for a woman to learn.It is imperative for the front and back poses as it creates the illusion of a v-taper. Make sure that your arms always create a diamond shape with a bend in the elbows. for the legs, try turning the knees out slightly and really flexing hard with a small small bend in the knees. Keep that head up!!! ANd when you are in the side poses make sure you look straight ahead and not into the audience. Posing is the hardest part, but if you can do it really well, it make the diff between 2nd and first!!

MM

runninggirl
09-23-2004, 05:53 AM
thanks for your vote of confidence mm!!! it's hard for me to see the lean part - i'm always searching out for the areas that need more!! lol, i guess there is never a shortage of those, huh? yeah, the poses in the pics aren't what i'll be doing onstage. still trying to figure that out and work on it, so your suggestions are very helpful!! i'm actually working on this with my trainer today, so we'll see how that goes . . . . i'm going to be doing this nonstop until the big day, so i know that it will come together - just a lot of work :)

how are you coming along? how are the thermos working?

rg

missmuscle
09-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Oh RG!!! I am having a tough time!!! I just can't picture myself getting as lean as I want to!!! I think I'll be lucky if I come in at 10%. I am really frustrated right now and have my hubby and trainer cheering me on. I just keep telling myself that it's mostly water and that it will come off at the final hour. I guess what's really bothering me is that lack of sleep. I haven't felt rested in a while and I know that will go away. It's really hard on your body as you know and well, I really think I'll be taking a lot of time off after this one. My trainer told me that in 2 weeks we'll make the final decision to get on stage or not. We both agreed that if he didn't think I would take the top 2 spots, then I wouldn't compete. I am not competing just for fun anymore. Now I am competing to win and I don't want to get on stage just to finish 3rd or 4th. I've worked an entire year on this show and I would be devestated if I didn't make it. This time around it has been a learning experience as i have a new coach, so he has no idea what my body will do. The good news is if I do another show, we'll know what to do ahead of time!!!

Thanks for listening to me rant!!! I just keep telling myself that I can do it- I need to take a step back and realize that this is just a hobby and not the end of the world!! We competitors get so wrapped up in this stuff!!!!

MM

runninggirl
09-23-2004, 09:20 AM
hey girl, you're doing the right thing :) wait and see what your body does over the next 2 weeks. it's amazing how things fall into place. your pics are great, so i wouldn't worry if i were you. have you tried green tea? irwin naturals has a green tea fat metabolizer that i absolutely love!!! it doesn't make me jittery or edgy, but really gives me the energy boost and does wonders for my metabolism. i'm already lighter and leaner than i thought i would be come comp. day and that's without the water shed!!! and, i have 2 weeks to spare ;) you've put a lot into this, i know that it will come together and show when you need it to!!!! keep your head high and don't second guess yourself - you've proven that you have what it takes :) lay low and keep hitting your workouts hard. and, best of all - rant when you need to!!! we're here to help you through it :)

rg

missmuscle
09-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Hello to all- another restless night, very tired this am for workout. I am hating the fish and egg white thing!! I really think that if I don't add in another chicken meal I will burn out big time. I am going to do my best to have fish at least 1x per day with most of the meals consisting of egg whites. I just have to get through this next week and I will be okay. By the end of next week, I'll have 3 weeks left and it will be nearing the end. I am one day at a time mode right now. My diet is a lot harsher that most other competitiors and much harder to stick to.I would give anything for all my meals to be chicken!!! Plain chicken!!!

I got my stones for the suits. I think they are a bit small, but we'll see what we can do with them. I may just use all of them on 1 suit and then have the lady whose making them do the 2 piece herself. It will be pricey, but I already spent a lot on the stones, so I can't imagine that it woudl save me money or time to buy more and do it myself :(

Anyway, I just keep telling myself I just have to make it thru one more week. I accept the fact that I will have trouble sleeping perhaps for the remainder of the contets prep, but I have put too much into this to quit 4 weeks out!!

MM

missmuscle
09-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Well, it's below the 6 week mark now which makes me very happy. I am really really stressed out right now b/c my body is so hard to figure out. I don't respond the same to most things that other people do and, well my body just really wants to hold on to fat for dear life! I only have 5 weeks to knock off about 5-7% bf to be where I really want to be. I feel like I am failing at this and I already put so much work into it that now I really want to be up on stage just so that I don't feel this was all in vain. I was really bummed out this am, but I am not going to give up. I have dedicated myself to at least 2 more weeks. If my bodyfat is not where I want it in 2 weeks, then I may reevaluate the situation. It's actually easier for me to think of it as just 2 more weeks. I'll give it my all and be tired and hungry for 2 more weeks and then see where I am at. If I continue, then I'll only have 2 more weeks to go and I can do that!! I'm sure all the other competitors have had their low points. I'm here to say that I am in my lowest point, but I'm still not giving up. I may sound like I am being hard on myself, but I am doing this to place, not just for the experience.I've been there, done that and now it's time for me to win something! I've worked too long and hard for this not to work so all the ladies out there- send me your good vibes!!!

ok, so I feel a little better now :)
Thanks

PS- I'm sleeping again!!! yah me!!

rainbowbrite
09-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey Chick,
I hear you, the last lil bit of bf hangs on for dear life. Im counting on the water depletion to help me out a little bit for definition. I have been following along on your joureny, you're working hard, keep it up and give it your best these next couple wks. I have a lot of respect for you and everyone else who dedicates so much of their lives to transforming thmselves into what you desire. Even if you dont feel you're ready for the stage, you deserve a nod for all of your work and dedication. I hope everything goes well.....stay strong. RB

runninggirl
09-27-2004, 04:14 PM
hey mm - you're doing great!!! one day at a time brings you closer and closer to where you need to be. i have a strong feeling that with your dedication and perserverance (sorry if i spelled that wrong - no carbs!) this is not all in vain. it will pull together. work on the positive thinking as much as you can at this point too. it will take you one step closer :) i'm having a super hard time right now.
i just cleared the 3 wk mark, so now it's crunch time. the workouts are really hard to push through, but i'm giving it my all - quite literally!! i am beginning to think that one of these days i really will be crawling during one of my HIIT sessions!!!! i worked with my trainer today and it looks like i'm o.k. as far as losing goes. anymore and i will start to look too ribby and my hip bones will be quite the scare. i just have to work on getting a little more definition through with stretching and the dreaded sprints. so, now it's time to hit the posing hard too. i'm a little scared of being on stage solo. i can handle the 1/4 turns with the rest of the girls, but the walk scares me :o
i'm heading to MN this weekend w/ a friend who is competing, so hopefully, that will help to calm my nerves and help me to know what to expect :)
just a few more weeks . . . . . . we'll get there!!!!

RG

lean+liftin_
09-28-2004, 02:58 PM
you gals look hot. i know those pix were posted a while ago but you both look very good. mm, i love your back. it will look good with that tiny waist! abs are coming in! rg, god you are just the cutest thing (i feel funny saying that to someone older than me:)) your physique looks right on target...really lean and i want your legs...mine are shredded but small. yours do look proportional in these pix. i know that that was something you were concerned about and in these shots, everything flows. stay healthy and hungry gals, i am thinking about you all!

LL

runninggirl
09-29-2004, 10:04 AM
ll - thanks for the boost!! you are too sweet :) i'm still sweating the look of my legs, but am starting to feel a little better about them. i'll try to get some better pics next week to show where i'm at and get a feel for how i'll look come comp. day. how are things going for you going into these next ones? you sound motivated and strong, so i have no doubt you'll do exceptionally well - again ;)

rg

missmuscle
09-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Hey girls! So tired today - I almost fell asleep in my car on the way to work!!!

I am looking forward to checking the body fat next week as I am looking leaner every morning. I dropped out the almond butter this week and the morning carbs which I think is making a big diff. I did have some carbs this am as I really thought I was about to pass out after cardio. I am a firm believer that you need to listen to your body even when you are dieting. If you feel like you're gonna pass out then have a little bit of carbs. I still have 4 weeks so I don't feel too guilty about it, especially since it was only 4 T of malt o meal. I can't wait for this to be over. Since I will be trying to be leaner than ever before, the pre comp training and dieting has been a lot worse this time around. I have to go to the gym after work tonight and workout AGAIN!!!! My diet has really sucked this week. Only egg whites and fish and asparagus. I may do a week of all liquid protein which isn't a very good idea, but only used in times of desperation. I hope I won't have to do that. I really really feel that I will be able to come in at the single digits for the show. That would be phenomenal. Please post some pics RG from your show too!
Talk soon, MM

runninggirl
09-30-2004, 04:31 AM
mm - definitely listen to your body!!!! when you're feeling like you're going to pass out you really do need a few carbs. there should be no guilt in consuming them there, especially if they're clean carbs :) i've had a few days that i've had to sneak a few in - when i start to get really edgy, lightheaded and nauseous i know it's time to carb a little. the alternative wouldn't help me in my contest prep anyway ;) i've reached the single digits this way, so i'm sure you will too!!! stay strong and focused and don't let anything get you down :) try to fit in some extra sleep if you can - i'm working on that part too!! it will make it easier to shed water if you're body isn't stressed. and just think, each day we are getting closer and closer :)
rg

missmuscle
10-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Been away for my few days off from work :)
Well, I got my period after missing it for the past 3 months- glad that I got it, but it really made me hold some serious water!! I've been hitting it hard on the cardio and have been making it through the low carb diet:) I will be so happy when the next 2 weeks are over so that I can feel better that it's only days away at that point!!
RG- how was the trip and your friend? How is your progress coming- bf%? I know you are doing great and can't wait to see your pics in a couple weeks!

I got my suits and will be decorating them in a couple of weeks.

Stay focused!
MM

missmuscle
10-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Good news! So last night I headed to the gym after a long day at work and was so excited to see that you could see cuts in my chest and my arms and shoulders. My hubby was amazed and said that he couldn't believe what a change it was and how fast - it was like an overnight thing - literally!! I was stoked and really motivated and hope this progress continues. I am about 4 weeks now and really am focusing on the cardio in the am now. I have another trainer specifically helping me with my cardio in the am in addition to my other regular trainer who I lift with. I am so antsy and which the next 2 weeks would just be over already so the countdown can begin!!! I will hopefully take some pics in about 2 weeks and post. Every week I am getting closer to my bf% goal and am really looking forward to water depleting since that is my biggest challenge aesthetically speaking! Can't wait to hear how all the other girls are doing - esp RG:)

runninggirl
10-04-2004, 05:31 AM
hey mm - i'm soooo happy to hear that you're cuts are coming through!!! it's amazing how overnight they transition. granted it takes a lot of work to get to that point, but it's so fun to wake up one morning and really see it all come together!!! i can't wait to see your pics :)

i'm doing o.k. staying motivated and trying to stay strong. i'm battling the fatigue that comes with the low cals/carbs, and am feeling sooooo flat!!! i can't wait to carb up and see a little size :) i'm not even sure what my bf is anymore. once i hit the singles, i dropped off of the charts :( i'm guessing, with the help of my trainer, that i'm hitting about 8% right now. i'm hoping to put some size on when this is over, so that i can stand out a bit more next time through.

i'm hoping to maintain and not drop any this week and then next week my focus will be the water. hopefully, that will take me to where i need to be :) i was able to talk to some of the judges at this show that i just went to. they think that i'll be fine. they were actually wondering why i didn't take the stage in this one. granted i hadn't done the shed, but they said i was certainly lean enough to have been ready. so, that was a bit of a boost to the confidence :)

i'll try to take some pics this week - you'll have to forgive the tired look though, i can't seem to shake that w/o the carbs :) and, i keep reminding myself they are coming soon!!!!!!!!!

let me know how you're doing!!! i'm excited for your show as much as i am for mine - lol, this is really addicting!!

rg

Logue
10-05-2004, 06:40 AM
Hey girls.....long time no chat! Sorry, I have been crazy busy lately and the only time I can get on is at work and haven't been able to even have time to write....at any rate....I'm so glad to hear that you both are doing very well and that you're coming along nicely to get ready. RG, how far away now? I'm so anxious to see pics of you two....sounds like you're both on the right track and looking great. RG, how did your friend do? And MM, what does your cardio trainer have you doing now? I'm 7 1/2 weeks out and doing alright. Yesterday was my birthday, so I cheated for dinner....but I was up for cardio and back on track today. I guess I'm far enough out that I won't be too affected by it, but I know I need to stay on track now.
Anyways, guess I'd better get to work, but wanted to check in with you girls and say hey....hope you're all having a great day!

runninggirl
10-06-2004, 04:16 AM
happy belated birthday logue :) a cheat isn't so bad when you're celebrating ;) i had a birthday at about the same length out and i couldn't pass up the carrot cake!!! i'm 1 & 1/2 weeks out now :o!! at times i feel like i'm ready, but then there are times where i feel like i'm anything but ready. lol, i'm like a little ping pong ball right now :) my nutritionist just mapped out my plan from now through the 16th. wow, not very much food. i guess i'll be saving a little on the grocery bill! i just decided to do another comp. on the 23rd. that one is going to be a little tougher. i think it is just south of chicago. there are at least 10 girls and it's a pro-qualifier. so, it should be a good show. i figure it will give me a little more experience and, hopefully, it will help me to see what i need to work on for the next time through!! the only drawback to extending the diet time is the delay on those cheats :( oh well, it's better than trying to diet down all over again!!! please help me out and tell me i'm doing the right thing . . . . . . . .
oh, my friend won her show. there were only 2 figure girls. it was small, but it was nice to meet the other competitors and the judges. they gave me a hard time for thinking i wasn't ready for that one, so it made me feel a bit better about having another couple of weeks :)

missmuscle
10-06-2004, 10:35 AM
RG- so much to tell you!! Can't right now, but will post later- haven't forgotten about you! pls send pics:)

runninggirl
10-06-2004, 11:23 AM
hey mm - can't wait to hear!!!!!!! i've been wondering what you were up to. i posted some pics on the very first contest thread. they should be on top of the 7th page. let me know what you think. (didn't want to double post!!)
rg

missmuscle
10-06-2004, 03:49 PM
RG- you looked great!!! YOu'll definitely place very high if not win!!!! So proud of you!!!

As for my news- I had decided on Monday that I was no longer going to compete due to a serious family issue, but my trainer and hubby talked me into finishing it through, so I am back in the game. I was really depressed when I thought I would have to quit, b/c I don't give up easily, but I am glad that I can finish strong. My trainer still thinks that I will take home a trophy and I will be so happy to place in the top 3 since it is such a big show- there will probably be about 60 figure competitors. I will be killing myslef with the diet and exercise for the next 4 weeks!!! I can't wait for you to do your show. I know that you will do well and the pics are awesome- you look fantastic!!

runninggirl
10-07-2004, 07:13 AM
thanks mm!! i've been feeling really nervous lately and not so sure of myself. this morning starts the play with the sodium and i'm up to 2 gallons of water. i'm almost as close to 0 carbs as i can get too, so i'm starting to get a little cranky :( i'm really excited to see how this prep week will go though. my nutrition guy thinks it will pull every thing together, so i guess i just have to follow through and see ;) then i can make some changes for the following week if i need to.
there was a slight run in with one of my suits and grape juice, so now i have to do some problem solving there. no, i wasn't the one drinking the grape juice!! i tell you, drama has a way of finding me no matter how careful i am!!
i have another encounter with the "in-process" ex this weekend. please wish me luck with that. the last one didn't go so well and ironically the day we have to meet is the day of our wedding ann. :( i have no regrets in ending this as it really would have destroyed me to stay in it, it is just hard to see something go so very wrong!! and, he doesn't make any of this easy, so there's that part of things to deal with as well . . . .
i'm sorry to hear that you have a family thing going on. my thoughts will be with you as you work through it. i'm happy to hear that you have such amazing support from your husband and trainer!! kudos to them for helping you through this last stretch :) stay strong and don't lose your focus. you have the discipline and desire to do so well, i would have hated to not be around to hear you brought home the trophy!!!
rg

missmuscle
10-08-2004, 07:35 AM
No need to worry RG- I'm sure that your ex situation will work out just fine- that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger! You are a better person without your ex, I am sure, and what a great ending to the story- accomplishing something you probably doubted was possible!;)

Thanks about the family thing- I am back in gear and really killing myself with the lo carb and lo calories - I've never starved so much in my life! Funny how we really aren't that healthy when it comes to competitins!! I can't wait to see your final results- I am positive that you will be bringing home a trophy!!

Only 3 more weeks for me!!!!!

runninggirl
10-11-2004, 04:57 AM
hey mm - we are slowly getting there!!!! some days it feels like the time is flying and then there are days where i can't wait for it to go faster!! how are the low carbs/low cals treating you? i've finally adjusted and am feeling a bit better. i was tempted to call it quits a few days ago :) i was so bloated and crabby, i didn't think i could make it!! but, the run-in with the ex helped me to get back my perspective and i stayed strong enough to make it through :) thanks for helping me so much!! i can't tell you how much it means to me to have even made it this far. i'm feeling better than ever and i can't wait to hop up on that stage!!! lol, that was the part that scared me the most at first. but, having stayed so strong and made my way through the whole leaning phase, now i can't wait to flaunt my way across the stage :p i'll try to get some pics in my suit before sat., but if i don't i'm sure i'll be posting as soon as i can after!!! just a few more days . . . . . . . .

rg

missmuscle
10-13-2004, 05:39 PM
RG- I'm glad to hear thatyou are in good spirits- look how far you've come!! now I'm heading into the home stretch as well. This week I have covered myself when working out so both myself and my trainer will be able to see if I have made changes after a week on the new diet. I can already feel that I have without looking closely. I am excited and nervous about what I will look like for the big reveal tomorrow and hopeful that my trainer will tell me that I am well on my way to a trophy. I did a mist on tan today to boost my motivation, and well, I have two big work functions on Thurs and Fri that I want to look good at. I am nervous about the one on Fri as my hubby won't be there and I will be tempted. I know that I would feel guilty, but this week has been the hardest, and quite frankly I would be lucky to get flourless bread. At least that's something to look forward to!!!

How are you feeling? What was your bf at last time you checked? Got your checklist of items to bring with you to the show? Have you decided on your cheat meal yet???
Talk soon, MM

runninggirl
10-15-2004, 05:24 PM
mm - just thought i'd check in quick and see how your big reveal went. i'm sure you looked fabulous!!! keep in touch with me thru this week. the 23rd is going to be a big comp. for me and i need to stay focused :) i also can't wait to see you hit the stage cut and dazzling!!!

i've got the tan on and all the girlie girl details taken care of. just got some hilites in my hair and they look awesome with the suits and bling!!! i just got back from the polygraph and am heading into the home stretch. i've filled out nicely, so i'm sure i'll be thrilled with the pics if not with the results ;) i'm so emotional right now having come this far and waiting to finish it out!!! thanks so much for helping me through!! you rock girl :)

i'll check in with you as soon as i can after this is over!!!!!!

lots of luv,
RG

missmuscle
10-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Hey girl!!!
My thoughts and prayers are with you hun!!! Please email soon so we know how it went!!
The reveal was great, both my trainer and I couldn't be more pleased. I am holding water everywhere, with the only place I am really hanging on to a bit of fat is upper quad. I have been really really tired this week!!! My suit was made totally wrong and I was so pissed when I went to pick it up today! It was so bad, that she couldn;t even salvage it, and will have to make a whole new one. I am praying that she makes it look good!! She is the best in the state so I have no idea what she was thinking. Just what I didn't need!!!
I am at the point where I finally feel small in my clothes and hope that I start to feel like I am wasting away in another week (sounds strange to say that!!!). I really want this whole thing to be over with already and once I make it thru this week it will be so much easier to stick to my diet when I know I only have a week and a few days left. I can't wait to see how you do and you are in the home stretch now!! I am so thankful that I took the whole week prior off so I can sit around at home in bed. My sweet hubby surprised me with digital cable to be installed this coming week just so I can have lots to watch on TV while I rest the final week!! SO sweet!!

Can't wait to hear from you!!
MM

runninggirl
10-18-2004, 05:13 AM
hey mm!!! i am soooo happy to hear that things are going so well for you and that you have the week off!!!!!!!!!!! so envious there :) no, really, you deserve it girl. you've been an amazing mentor through this and you have worked so hard to pull through for your show, having this week will give you the mental break that you need and the rest your body needs to pull the last little bit together to hit that stage glamorous and ripped ;)
i came in second to my friend, so i was happy with my first step onto the stage. it's hard, cuz my trainer thinks that my physique was better, i just lacked the stage presence i needed. so, now i know this weekend i need to hop up there full of confidence w/ a huge smile!!!! there are more girls at this next one, so it will give me a better idea of where i fit into the competition world too :) feedback thus far is that i'm too lean :( i have rec'd several compliments on my definition and build though, so i may work on adding on some lean mass and try out bb next season. my trainer would be thrilled if i went that route, so it would be fun to see how i would fare there. but, not to get too far ahead of myself - i need to focus on this weekend!!!! my body is in complete rebellion right now. stomach hurts and i feel like i never want to eat again much less look at food!!!! i'm hoping the bloating will cease soon, or i think i will really pop :o do you have any tips to help me come through this phase? i'm pushing the water, but it is hard. i really don't feel like doing anything but curling into a little ball and sleeping!!!
wow, you are in the final stretch!!! hang in there - you are going to be fabulous come sat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rg

missmuscle
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey huney-

I am so glad that you did so well! I know that you will do even better next weekend!
I know how you feel about the body rebellion!! I still make myself sick every time after a show, and love it!!!

You'll be fine by next Sat- drink lots of water today and maybe a detox tea or green tea. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up looking better at the next show after your cheat!!

You'll never beleive what happened over the last few days!! Besides my suit being completely wrong and having to be remade at the final hour, I got food poisoning yesterday and wanted to kill myself all day and night. I think it was from the fish, but who knows. I didn't work out this morning, or last night so I feel bad about that too. I only have 2 weeks left and I need all the help I can get!! I will push thru though and stick to it. I am really motivated today, so I hope this will follow me through out the next 2 weeks. I have no idea how I will do, but I really pray that I get one of the top 3 placings in my division. There will be a lot of girls in my category- possibly up to 15 or more. Thanks for the update and maybe bb'ing would be a great cross over for you. Unlike most women, you can get really lean so this may be ideal for you!!

MM

runninggirl
10-20-2004, 04:48 AM
hi :) i'm soooo sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. that's awful :( i hope you're feeling better now!!!! don't worry about the missed workouts, your body needed the recovery!!!!

so, how's the week going for you? did you get your suit situation worked out? lol, it seems like everyone has to have a suit mishap!! it must be designed that way to keep us on our toes ;) we couldn't be prepared and comfortable too far out now, could we? ;p i hope you're getting a lot of rest and watching some good t.v. and i'm guessing at this point you're not even thinking about cheating!! being so close, i make sure that any morsel that goes into my mouth has to be up to par. i don't want to mess with all of the work i've done to get this far!!!

are you getting excited? i think i'm excited enough for the both of us right now!!! :) i have no doubt that you'll be claiming one of the top spots!! confidence is key - step up and claim your position ;)

i'm doing pretty well. i've got my body back to where it needs to be and am just getting ready to do a drastic water shed. tomorrow 24 oz. and only 8 oz. on Fri :o i figure if i'm this lean, i might as well go in looking as shredded as i can - lol, why not? i'm working on the smiles and confidence, i really want to shine this time!!!

let me know how you're doing when you get a chance!!

rg

missmuscle
10-22-2004, 05:22 AM
Well, I am so happy that I am finally 2 weeks out. Come Sunday I can really start the count down as I will be less that 2 weeks which is just days!! I am so pleased with what I accomplihed thus far and what a difference from this time last year. I stepped on stage last year @ 16%, and this year will be under 10%. My goal is 8% and i am convinced that I will acheive it. I had to work twice as hard as may of the girls that I will be up against and I really want to win a trophy. I am so thankful that I have had support along the way from all you guys on the board!
My suit came out perfect (thank God!) and now I have to put all the rhinestones on which will take a day or two. I have all the stuff I need except the protan stuff, but that's not a problem. I am so excited to get through with next week so I can really get focused! I am so glad that I only have 2 more days of cardio!!! YEAH ME!!!
Hope all is well with you out there!
MM

missmuscle
10-24-2004, 01:38 PM
This morning I thought I looked the leanest that I have ever been, even leaner than when I was up on stage last time. I was really excited! I have been chewing gum non stop for the past few days and have bought some 0 carb, 0 sugar lemon drops to suck on if I have a really bad craving! I can't believe that it's so close, but so far away!!!
I have been checking out the pics of the previous competitors trying to imaging how I will compare. I am so glad that it's almost over and I am really proud of myself for getting through it and improving so much from last time.
Thank god I don't have to do 3 workouts a day from here on out!! Just one in the am!
I hope all the other competitors out there are doing great and Looking forward to hearing from you!
MM