PDA

View Full Version : my diet, tell me what you think, tell me your diet!

LTY83
09-15-2004, 10:45 AM
8 am: whey protien shake/16oz skim milk - approx 40g protien
10am: protien bar - approx 25 grams protien
12pm: 2 cans of tuna/mustard approx 60g protien
3pm: protien bar - approx 25g protien
5pm: chicken/rice approx 25-40g protien - this meal may change, sometimes meat such as burgers/steak
8pm: post workout protien shake/water 60g protien

total protien: 235g - 250g
protien goal: 285g/day for 190lbs of weight
fats: very very low, maybe 20-40g a day?

all this and i still can't get enough protien in the day! I weigh 190lbs and find it hard to get all the protien i need in order to gain a lot of mass, soemtimes i substitute protien bars for boiled chicken or cottage cheese, sometimes have cottage cheese before bed, i'm either eating, or going to the bathroom, or sometimes both :)

any suggestions? comments?

Dedicatedforlife
09-15-2004, 11:02 AM
firstly you need a lot more carbs in that diet...i don't know what your goals are...but youbarely have any....simply adding carbs...will add more protein...you need mroe healthy fats in that diet aswell (PB, olive oil, flax)...milk will be the easiest way to add protein to your diet...or simply have a shake with one of your meals....

LTY83
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
what do you reccomend for carbs? also what should my carb gram goal range be for 190 lbs? I take flax seed oil(forgot to mention) 2 tablespoons a day, how about powerade/gatorade for carbs? thanks!

NicktheRoofer
09-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Oatmeal!! have a few bowls or put it in your shakes.. thats one way to get good quality carbs. will add protein too

LTY83
09-15-2004, 11:27 AM
what do u think my min/max carb intake/day should be?

Abs
09-15-2004, 11:42 AM
guys whats its like adding oats to your shakes?
do you just pour them straight out the packet?

anthonyfel
09-15-2004, 11:45 AM
This is the worst diet I have ever seen.

Almost no carbs, no fruit, no vegetable, no essential fat and probably too much protein in addition not "real" protein (whey & protein bar).

Well, you really have to vary and balance your diet.

Eat 5 to 6 balanced meals a day. Each meal will include lean protein as egg whites, lean red meat, chicken breast,... complex carbs such as oats, brown rice, potatoes, yams,...

Add at least one serving of good fat like one Tbp flaxseed oil to your daily diet.

Here's I can say.

LTY83
09-15-2004, 11:49 AM
ok so i replace the bars w/ chicken, add some rice, i have 2 tablespoons of flax a day, and keep the morning shake, post workout shake, add cottage cheese before bed, hows that sound? :)

and how is that to much protien? its not even 1.5 gram per lb yet.. explain