PDA

View Full Version : diet while working nights

weanbean
09-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi, I currently eat 5-6 meals a day. I think I am at a weight that I like.(My husband threw the scale out b/c he said it made me crazy...he may be right)but, last time I weighed myself it was unchanged from 5 yrs ago, so I am fairly steady. More imortantly I am able to train hard and continue to make improvments. The problem is, I started a new job and I am going to be working the night shift (8pm to 8am!!) What should I do about my diet and meals at night? Is this going to screw everything up? what if I am not able to train as hard do to fatigue?

Can anyone give me some advice? any other 3rd shifters out there?

Thanks

bchprncss
09-14-2004, 04:12 PM
I also work nights from 6pm-6am, and my best advise for you is to take all your meals in plastic containers from home. On my lazy times, when I don't feel like preparing all of these foods from home, I go to the deli at the supermarket and purchase a few rotisserie chicken breasts with white rice or whatever healthy side orders they have and take it with me. To avoid fatigue, you have to try to follow somewhat the same schedule on your days off so your body gets used to it. I normally workout at midnight even on my days off. The earliest I go to bed is 3am. You have to make it work if it's important to you. I did!!! Good luck!