PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting fat and need help please

vegetabmb
06-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Hello
im 6'ft
235lbs
20% bodyfat atleast, not really sure. have some muscle since i use to work out and my job is physical.
Im tired of feeling like crap, lazy fat and depress. I've tried to diet but im either starving myself or i dont know what im doing at all. Here is what i eat

meal one- 1 cup oatmeal and water and 1 scoop why protein

meal 2- 5 oz turkey.2pieces of wheat toast

meal 3- apple and some carrots

meal 4- muscle milk shake (230 calories low carb 22g of protein)

meal 5- chicken, 2 pieces of what toast

vegetabmb
06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
meal 6- tuna and 2tbls of pb

also i work 10 hours 6 days a week a day so all the meals i listed are 2 hours apart. meals 2,3,5 i only have 10 mins to eat on my break. also i want to lose the wait and maintain the muscle i have what kind of reps should i be doing on my exercises? any help would help me greatly thanks.

iLLestOne
06-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Hmmm, I could be wrong but your calories look VERY low.

If I were you, I'd join www.fitday.com and you can see how many calories you are getting each day, and also what your macros (protein/carb/fat %'s) are.

this_is_war87
06-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Hello
im 6'ft
235lbs
20% bodyfat atleast, not really sure. have some muscle since i use to work out and my job is physical.
Im tired of feeling like crap, lazy fat and depress. I've tried to diet but im either starving myself or i dont know what im doing at all. Here is what i eat

meal one- 1 cup oatmeal and water and 1 scoop why protein

meal 2- 5 oz turkey.2pieces of wheat toast

meal 3- apple and some carrots

meal 4- muscle milk shake (230 calories low carb 22g of protein)

meal 5- chicken, 2 pieces of what toast

I think we all fattys feel that way. Look up a food list on BB.com and go from there as to choosing meals. Calories look very low, look for boyscouts guide on proper dieting and so on, very good information resource. Use the cal.requirement calc. he posted and figure out how many calories you need to LOSE weight, so 500 to 1000 decrease and eat that ammount each day.

Basically, just do put crap into you're system. For example: Pop(yes we call it pop here), Hungry Man TV dinners and stuff.

The Solution
06-24-2007, 04:24 AM
ur meals are all way too small and u are getting no variety at all really

try shooting for protein at every meal regardless of how long u have to eat
for ur 3rd meal of carrots and an apple or whatnot.. toss in a protein shake too along with that u need protein at every meal.. i still think u could add 2 more meals to help fit into ur macros

before u go to bed i would suggest a caesin protein (milk, cottage cheese, or caesin shake) with a good fat source *seeing u have NONE in ur diet* (peanut butter, almonds/peanuts/walnuts, Olive-Fish-Flax-Sunflower Oils)

also when do u workout? what is included in ur PWO shake
as for ur meals u really lack veggies and fruits.. 2 vital things if u want to help u lose weight.. the high fiber keeps u feeling full and they are both very nutritious for the body which u dont have a lot of in ur diet.. i see a lot of breads and lean meats but try for other meat such as tuna, eggs, lean meat/beef, maybe some buffalo or shrimp, salmon is also good

u have some good complex carbs - oatmeal, whole wheat bread.. try adding some brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain cereals etc etc

Also u totally lack fats in ur diet.. very important for hormone control and body functioning.. i suggest u get fats in 2-3 of ur 7 meals that u should consume.. and 1 of them coming before bed with a caesin protein source *(listed above) and 1 other snack throughout the day including ap rotein bar, and a piece of fruit, or replace the protein bar with some tuna, piece of fruit, and a side of brown rice/sweet potatoes..

something easy and simple you could heat up in the mic and have in 10 minutes on ur breaks or right when u get home from work..

just shoot eating every 2-3 hours and ull be ok with ur meals.. but strive to get at least 2 more meals in and get some fats into ur diet

Also i think ur cals are way too low.. maybe u dont workout hard enough?
what is ur workout plan? how many days and what kind of split are u on

Also start taking a multivitamin if u do not