PDA

View Full Version : controlled shimmies ~a bellydancer's belly log

Shivati
06-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi, im shivati and here is my log. This serves as my fat loss/ muscle building log but also as an added inspiration to my vacation in august, Pennsic War (i will speak more of this later)

Monday i wil officially start loggin my workouts/ eating plan... but for now i want to give alittle info about myself in case anyone is interested and wants to offer advice.

To start off i am not just your average 135 lb female seeking to "firm up".
I lost 60lbs. on the atkins diet 5/6 years ago as explained in my female transformation of the week. I was 185lbs + and i had no muscle. i was very large chested and was overweight all my life... thus i have excess skin and NO it doesnt bounce back (please do not send me messages trying to prove it does... i will have to humiliate myself by sending you pictures of my sag)
however i have gained a new found love for exercise, body building and body modification ( i will touch on this alittle more later as well ) and am proud to have greatly increased my strength and bf % and am looking forward to more successes.

Did i mention i am a tribal fusion belly dancer. If you want the thorough meaning of TFBD check out: http://www.gypsytrail.com/
but i think its pretty obvious what it is... a blended fusion of folkloric and modern dance of course with the main emphasis in middle eastern dance including turkish, egyptian, north african, gypsy/ roma, and indian (kathak too banjara). It is the driving force of my life and one of the main reasons why being fit is an absolute neccessity for me. Once you get into inter/ adv BD you realize that the majority of movements are abdominally controlled which requires alot of technique and core strength. As with strength training, with time and dedication i can only get better-
but for now let us see how far i can make it by Pennsic...

ps~ i hope you are happy mike!

ScottC
06-22-2007, 03:50 AM
I have read your posts in Mike's journal and I know Mike will be very happy to see your journal! :D

I look forward to following your progress...keep the journal updated or Mike will be giving you grief. :p

*subscribed*

Best to you on reaching your goals.

Quickxi
06-22-2007, 05:05 AM
I almost spit out my breakfast upon seeing a thread started by Shivati! :D You have any goals set for your vacation?

Good luck...

thundergut
06-22-2007, 06:01 AM
I remember checking out your profile on Bodyspace a while ago, best of luck in your goals and keep us posted on how you're doing!

I think, judging by my pic, I could be a good bellydancer...I got the belly part down, just need to work on that ever scarce dancing portion :P

Shivati
06-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Ah yes, im here... monday will start the "logging" as for now... some background.

so i just got back from San Diego visiting family... lets just say my weight when i left was 132.5 as my bodyspace says. Today that tard tanita tells me 134 :( I ate pretty well while i was gone and my dad who is retired military and a marathon runner got us on base to the gym a few times so i can only figure this is water weight and maybe 1lb of airport food (omg DELAYS... i was in chicago FOREVER)
Ok so off to the gym today to do this weeks second shoulders/bi 20min cardio and on the way home Giant is having a strawberry/ blueberry sale... so im armed with fresh pay for the pitching on FOOD! lol... id much rather spend it on clothes but oh well. And i have a few mags with recipes im ACTUALLY gonna try!! (who ever actually does that) to add to the shopping list. So later guys, and Scott thanks for the subscription!!

Druluv75
06-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Tell us more about your program and diet.

Quickxi
06-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Ah yes, im here... monday will start the "logging" as for now... some background.

so i just got back from San Diego visiting family... lets just say my weight when i left was 132.5 as my bodyspace says. Today that tard tanita tells me 134 :( I ate pretty well while i was gone and my dad who is retired military and a marathon runner got us on base to the gym a few times so i can only figure this is water weight and maybe 1lb of airport food (omg DELAYS... i was in chicago FOREVER)
Ok so off to the gym today to do this weeks second shoulders/bi 20min cardio and on the way home Giant is having a strawberry/ blueberry sale... so im armed with fresh pay for the pitching on FOOD! lol... id much rather spend it on clothes but oh well. And i have a few mags with recipes im ACTUALLY gonna try!! (who ever actually does that) to add to the shopping list. So later guys, and Scott thanks for the subscription!!

I'm afraid to fly.... :rolleyes:

Looks like you did okay with your diet/workout over your stay in San Diego, that extra pound should drop off pretty quickly.

Hotmoltenlava
06-22-2007, 03:19 PM
You had me at bellydancer.....:D

Just kidding. Good luck to you.

**subscribed**

heathershubby
06-22-2007, 06:54 PM

**subscribed**

now thats funny stuff right there

heathershubby
06-22-2007, 06:55 PM
now all the people you so nicely supprot will have the opurtunity to support you right back

subbed

Shivati
06-22-2007, 09:52 PM
now all the people you so nicely supprot will have the opurtunity to support you right back

subbed

thanks! i try to follow... just so busy, i dont get to comment so much :( but im there... looming about and surfing the forums like a creepy old man in a teen chat room.

Shivati
06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm afraid to fly.... :rolleyes:

i thought of you in the plane over chicago at 5000 feet, you would have loved the sight!

Shivati
06-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Tell us more about your program and diet.

patience my dear... in due time. for now i will post my workout regimne as it has been the same for some time now...

day 1: shoulders/ bi's 20min cardio
2: chest/back/bi's 20min cardio
3: 20m. cardio/ legs / abs
(note: i alternate every other week is squats/ de-cline press and hack squat... then the next leg day is all machines, press/ inner/outer thigh/ extensions etc. or as i call my "light" leg day)
4: same as 1
5: same as 2
6: 20-30m cardio
7: off

now this can change depending on how my weeks run into each other.. for instance sunday july 1st we have a performance, however i work all day thursday 13hrs- so... sunday is day one (skip thurs)and saturday the last day of june is day 6 with next sunday as an off day since we perform for an hour that day (ugh!!)

also.............. i am having ab issues. i have very strong and almost weird looking protruding upper abs and they are only getting bigger. I have been only doing leg lifts on the captains chair and still. now my lower abs are pretty good but i really need to strengthen my core, lower back and abs without extending my upper abs anymore!
suggestions?.... oh and i have 1 hour 15min in the gym on work days so i need fast ideas, nothing ridiculously complicated that requires 10 balls, 5 different straps and harness lol.
thanks~

Shivati
06-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Pennsic War... i leave friday August third...

short term goals:

125 lbs (the lowest i will ever have been in my adult life with the exception of 4 pennsics ago i weighed myself there and was so shocked i purposely gained weight)

uhhh 20% bf ~ assuming any of my devices actually works!!

this will be my "fittest" combo i will ever have achieved. It will be done and i really appreciate those that follow and comment, i will need it :)
thanks!

added bonus- i need to up my bench, so far i use 20lb dumbells, doable 9rep X 3 set. have done 25's... got a buddy one day to spot me and did 9 perfect 55lbs bar-bench's, but could barely get 7/8 on only the bar for the next two sets. any reasonable suggestions/ short term goals for my strength lvl to shoot for? (long term goal is half my body weight)

i will test it out again soon, but id like to place a goal but dont want to shoot to high. (im think 65 9x3?) gosh i am a woosey :P

cawiau
06-22-2007, 10:46 PM
**subscribed**

LOL :D

To the OP, I wish you the best of luck reaching your goals.
I looked at your progress pics and you have come a long way.
Remember...the last lbs are always the hardest to lose.

Keep up the good job.

ScottC
06-23-2007, 04:13 AM
i thought of you in the plane over chicago at 5000 feet, you would have loved the sight!
Something like this.....???

http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~hyde/dan/SanDiego/Jpegs/196ChicagoSkyline.5.JPG
Downtown Chicago

Quickxi
06-23-2007, 04:54 AM

nope, I would have been crying like a baby :D

Shivati
06-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Something like this.....???

http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~hyde/dan/SanDiego/Jpegs/196ChicagoSkyline.5.JPG
Downtown Chicago
awesome

watching mike cry... priceless lol j/k :)

Shivati
06-23-2007, 07:35 AM
was gonna post supps this morning but dont have time... need to get to work early so some ppl i work with can go to a bb show :~ :grumble:

but anywho!!!!
scale say 132 this morn and also...

i just made me first poached egg ever!!! my sister turned me on to these in cali... oh i <3 it, cept the wateryness but still, im happy.

todays breakfazst was an experiment which im liking, think i may use next week...

1/2 cup extra probiotic plain low fat yogurt
1/2 cup dry plain oatmeal oats cooked
1/4 cup bluberries
1 pack splenda
1 poached egg

not to high on the carb spectrum (i am not diabetic but i am carb sensitive)... getting away with oatmeal, its a nica!

Quickxi
06-23-2007, 05:24 PM
was gonna post supps this morning but dont have time... need to get to work early so some ppl i work with can go to a bb show :~ :grumble:

Although in his defense, Jeff did get you some stuff from the show...

btw, how did that Plasmavol work out for you?

Shivati
06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
i liked it, although it is very sweet... but i only had week or two supply. It way to expensive though...
why did he get me some?! =D

Shivati
06-23-2007, 07:48 PM
multyvit/ min 1/dy
fish oil, solgar 700 1/dy
VS 3-6-9 oils 2/dy
gluco/chon/msm 2/dy
chromium 500mcg 1/dy
l-carnitine 1000mgs/dy ... 500 if im poor :P
psyllium/acidol mix 1/dy
calcium+d 1/dy
e200, c250 1/dy
"colon 8" 2 at night
dicana 2/dy (in the middle of 6week cycle which will end exactly in august)
instone leanfire ( or any low dose 7keto fat burner, such as gasparis 3burn or lean system 7 as my source of caffine ) 3/dy
ephedrine 12 or 25 mg (depending on what the gas man has) 1.5-2/dy
b12 500 - cuz my dad bought it for me hehe

i often like to mix it up, like instead of fish oil... just take cla and lecithin (yo i love lecithin) next month flax seed is on sale so that will be the efa of the month. also i cycle chromium... so next month will only be 200/dy then after pennsic back up to like 600/dy. Thats mostly it except the occasional mel/val mix for sleep or VS hydrotherm (same as taraxatone) for that time of the month water weight or before a big show.

i dont tolerate psyllium well at all, so i only take it for the probiotics in this particular mixture... when its gone i may or may not pick up an acid depending on my diet and ya know... girl stuffs.

oh and of course i take whey powder... uh like every other day, trying this c2 stuff http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olabs/c2.html i like it alot.. mixed with water and frozen berries, flax seed.... some times i want it easy so i just use soy milk and muscle milk.
i also use NEW WHEY 42 everyday. Not duin creatine atm.
yeah its like a vitamin store up in here... but im used to it, been duin it for 5 1/2 yrs almost the same. I do take periods of time where i cleanse and take no supps... and when i go on vacation (such as pennsic) i will take no supps.
thats it~

Shivati
06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/IMG_8434_gc.jpg

what mead and a dirty pirate will getcha to do~

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/marklandarmypennsic35.jpg

im in the middle looking like mother theresa hehe

Shivati
06-23-2007, 08:38 PM
i will post something new about me every week, to keep things interesting... so now you all know a decent amount about me and my nutritional history... tomorrow comes the meals and then... the fun begins!

Quickxi
06-24-2007, 07:01 PM
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/marklandarmypennsic35.jpg

im in the middle looking like mother theresa hehe

so do you guys have a good football team :p

Shivati
06-25-2007, 07:26 AM
monday~ 20mc shoulders/ bi's
and meals are gonna be~

yogurt/blueberries/oatmeal mix
new whey 42
turkey/lite whole wheat/mustard/cheese sandwich
a zone bar
lean cuisine meal
100 choc muffin

~ ok the meals will get better than this after my day off, tomorrow, when i can cook :)
i can have yams, chicken, eggs, cucumber/tomatoe salad, and whole wheat pasta salad for the fourth all planned.

Quickxi
06-25-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't think that eating 100 chocolate muffins is going to help your cut :D

thundergut
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/IMG_8434_gc.jpg

what mead and a dirty pirate will getcha to do~

Gotta ask...your right bicep...is that an armband that is just pinching your arm, or is that a bicep piercing? I can't quite tell, and you never know...

Shivati
06-25-2007, 07:15 PM
its a bracelet lol.... a very old rare and expensive bracelet. a surface piercing onthe arm wouldnt go thru the muscle, just the skin, at least not if you wanted to keep it, and even then surface piercings are very very hard to keep as the body usually rejects them. but theres alot of other factors involved... any who

Shivati
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
1406 cal/ 151 carbs <--- to many/ 134 prot/ 22 fiber
1 diet pepsi
1 xyience energy drink, small one
60oz water
(btw these numbers are typical for me cept usually less 20-40 carbs but not so bad)

workout sucked
10 min stairmaster between 6-8 10 min elip between
standing bi-cep cable curl 60lb.X9 50X9 40X9

db hammer 15lbX10
supersetted with db lateral flies 10lbX10
twice

conc cable curl 20lbX10 15X10

cable shoulder press 15X10 20C10 25X10

i dunno why i did so many cables today :P my weights were lower than usual and it all felt like poo but then again i was out late last night.... anywayz im off tomorrow, i expect an AMAZING workout =D

and lots of EGG cooking!!! hmmm poached eggs!!! yum!

Shivati
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't think that eating 100 chocolate muffins is going to help your cut :D

haha i get it, took a min :P
well, i didnt eat the muffin, but tomorrow...... choco 100cal muffin high fiber friend calls for me!!!

Shivati
06-27-2007, 08:26 AM
tues~

had a great workout-
25 min cardio varied intensity
chest/ back/ tri

inclin db chest press 20X9 25( !!! new weight for me )X6 20X9
flat bench db pullover 30X9 35X6 30X9
supersetted with
ez bar flat bench skull crushers 20X9 30X6 20X9
seated row machine 45X9overhanded 55X9overhanded 45X9 underhanded
lat pull down 60X9 55X6
and then i dont know the name of this but its like a tri push down except with straight arms... i do it on the lat machine, let it come up to shoulderlvl and then push down to waist... uses my whole back, core and arms.
25X9 25X9

i ate:
blueberry, lf yogurt, 2 poaches eggs
lf chicken cassadilia (220 cal, 5fiber!)
homemade healthy lf mac salad, with fresh peas and falk crab in it
new whey 42
100 cal pria bar
1 cp strawberries
1tbsp pb on a piece of lite wheat bread
weight watchers calzone thingy

my totals were i guess (i guess pretty accurately) at: 1649cal, 145carb, 130prot, 20fiber

uh :P todays looking goooood~ i did some recon on sale items at the grovery store and figured i could try some pork out (which i dont eat much of) but i have all the numbers... i will share later.

Quickxi
06-27-2007, 09:46 AM
nice workout, hope you enjoyed eating all of those 100 muffins :D

Shivati
06-27-2007, 09:32 PM
wed~

10 min on the stairmaster at 8
20 min dance practise to the point of nasea (its the heat, im officially dehydrated right now)

"light" leg day means none of the good stuff, like squats... but i need them because im a performer and if i have mikes favorite, leg doms, when im trying to hold my body inverted with a sword on my head while shimmying i will fall down and pull something... ive done :P
once i was slowly doing snake arms very controlled and all my arm muscles were engaged and i plopped my arm right out the socket... i had to throw mself up against the wall to pop it back in... it suckd.

anywho-
seated leg press machine 90X10 150X10 160X10
^same machine, calf raises 90X20 90X20

iso hammer strength leg extension 40X10 each leg twice
http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/iso-laterallegextension_1

lying hamstring leg curl ( i hate this machine... i will rant about that in a minute ) but i wanted a change so... 30X10 40X10 30X10

i started to do both inner and outter thigh abductors thingies and for some reason i got a shock in my butt and groin... felt like electrical impulses... i didnt like it (for the most part) and only did one set 115X15 of each. I dont know what it was but i think i meant to far with the presses.

Shivati
06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
a man invented this machine for ONE REASON.... to look at girls asses. Ok i admit ive caught myself looking a few chics butts on it before too but then gain they are all splayed out like a gutted deer in the middle of the road! This kinda stuff gets me SO STEAMED UP in the gym i start actually giving strangers dirty faces in the gym because i think they are looking at me. I put Korn on the ipod ( and i dont even like korn!!!!) and everyone can go to he double hockey stick!!!!

PEOPLE- the gym is for you to concentrate on YOUR OWN BODY< NOT EVERYONE ELSES. if you want to pick up gym hussies GO TO THE CLUB ON TEEN NIGHT!!!

i dont get gussied up before i work out, i want to walk in looking like im ready to work my butt off and walk out looking like a train wreck.... sweaty, filthy with spit all over my face and blisters heaving like a predatory animal that hasnt eaten in three days!

and especially do not under any circustances.... and for all you gentlemen of color dont use our race as an exuse, thats f-in lamo, DO NOT LOOK AT MY ASS!!!!!!!!!! i dont care if you like, i dont care if you like me.... i dont like you!! i didnt come to the gym to meet you, i came to work that ass solid. When you sawnter by the cardio sector, acting like your looking for someone and you stowly meander behind my machine if i turn around and catch you... your f-d. Its rude, its inconsiderate and i HATE IT!

If you want to look at me that f-in bad have the balls to come up to me and say hi. I will shut you down fast and tell you im busy... but at least you didnt do that "oh lets drop behind and let them walk ahead of us" thing.

i have intentionally on many occasion walked by people covering my ass with my hands... stop it ok, stop it.

go to the gym to workout, like i do.

Shivati
06-27-2007, 09:53 PM
ok now that i have that out =D
haha i told you it hot in here

weds food- not in order

yogurt/ blueberries 2 poached eggs
pork meat (i dunno the cut but i picked it apart so bd anyway lol)
yam brushed in olive oil baked
new whey 42
stealz organic energy drink
1cp broccoli
1 healthy choice chicken meal w/ broc
1 peanut butter sandwicg/ wheat bread

1551 cal 132 carb 114 prot 18 fiber
/sigh im disappointed here with my prot but the olive oil did me in on cal, i will be honest im to hungry now but i dont think i ate enough today... tomorrow i have good hearty meals planned, so we will see.

Hotmoltenlava
06-28-2007, 06:49 AM
a man invented this machine for ONE REASON.... to look at girls asses. Ok i admit ive caught myself looking a few chics butts on it before too but then gain they are all splayed out like a gutted deer in the middle of the road! This kinda stuff gets me SO STEAMED UP in the gym i start actually giving strangers dirty faces in the gym because i think they are looking at me. I put Korn on the ipod ( and i dont even like korn!!!!) and everyone can go to he double hockey stick!!!!

PEOPLE- the gym is for you to concentrate on YOUR OWN BODY< NOT EVERYONE ELSES. if you want to pick up gym hussies GO TO THE CLUB ON TEEN NIGHT!!!

i dont get gussied up before i work out, i want to walk in looking like im ready to work my butt off and walk out looking like a train wreck.... sweaty, filthy with spit all over my face and blisters heaving like a predatory animal that hasnt eaten in three days!

and especially do not under any circustances.... and for all you gentlemen of color dont use our race as an exuse, thats f-in lamo, DO NOT LOOK AT MY ASS!!!!!!!!!! i dont care if you like, i dont care if you like me.... i dont like you!! i didnt come to the gym to meet you, i came to work that ass solid. When you sawnter by the cardio sector, acting like your looking for someone and you stowly meander behind my machine if i turn around and catch you... your f-d. Its rude, its inconsiderate and i HATE IT!

If you want to look at me that f-in bad have the balls to come up to me and say hi. I will shut you down fast and tell you im busy... but at least you didnt do that "oh lets drop behind and let them walk ahead of us" thing.

i have intentionally on many occasion walked by people covering my ass with my hands... stop it ok, stop it.

go to the gym to workout, like i do.

That was awesome! Thoroughly enjoyed that.......:D

The male mind is a terrible, horrible design, I admit. In certain "splayed out like a gutted deer in the middle of the road" instances at the gym, the male mind does one of two things:

1. Looks in amazement, usually for longer than etiquette allows.
2. Uses those developed neck muscles to force the head to look away.

I try my hardest to choose number two....and have a pretty high percentage of success, but it is a struggle in the gym. That is a strange environment, for sure.

My advice would be to take it as a sign of success if you are getting attention from those that innocently look momentarily and report to the manager those that either drool or make comment.

Just trying to further explain the male mind. We are a sick and twisted gender, for sure.

Oh, I don't care for Korn, as a rule, but that Freak on a Leash song gets my blood flowing very well.....:D

Have a good one.

Shivati
06-28-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks~ i didnt mean to offend and i understand human nature.... but some ppl just dont even try. And i suppose im in the far extreme because i dont check out anyone at the gym (well youd think with all those hard bodies around id notice one of two) but i dont bother.

the ppl that stand out to me genuinely are the ones that look me the eye smile and move on. Almost as if they exist in some etherreal onesness.

so the bb should be as the lion...aggresive but graceful... and in perfect control of their being and surroundings while just looking like theyre catching the sahara sun. Mindful and strong.
imo

Hotmoltenlava
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
thanks~ i didnt mean to offend

You definitely didn't offend. I sincerely enjoyed your rant. It is a nice insight into female gym politics. I don't get to hear that view very often.

Have a good day......:D

Shivati
06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
thurs~
10 min run
10 min stairmaster

shoulder/ bi - shoulders in the front were bothering me today, prob from chest 2 days ago and lots of dance practise

db front raise 10X9X3
hammer curl 15X10X2 each side
ez curl 30X10X2 20X10 supersetted with
upright row ez bar 30X10 20X10
preacher curl machine 25X10X3

food~
berry shake
cottage cheese/ strawberries
pb sandwich
trail mix bar
mac salad
prot pudding
healthy choice dinner

1560-160-142-18

ok so now i have an hour of dance practise tonight.... i dsont count those in cardio except when i do them specifically for my days cardio (so its solo practise, not with my dance partner) but they still wipe me out.... bed early, tomorrow i work 13hrs.

Shivati
06-28-2007, 06:49 PM
fri
no workout
food will be~ (not in order)

eggs and lf deli ham slices
8oz chicken
1 yam
whole grain 100 cal muffin
protein shake
1 cup strawberries
green tea
1 cup broccoli
something frozen maybe?
pb sandwich or protein bar

i will just post total cal/ carb/ prot/ fiber tomorrows night

Quickxi
06-28-2007, 07:55 PM
nice rant :rolleyes:

workout and foods look good....

Shivati
07-03-2007, 08:06 AM
this weekend was insane!

had a big gig on sunday at American Music Fest in h-burg~

sundays workout... hmmm i had an hour long performance and besides had to do demonstration dancing and open floor dancing totalling, oh about literally 1.5-2 hrs.

i ate bad, but not terrible.
woke up, had a huge protein shake
mac salad
a zone bar
... then didnt eat for hours
after the performance i was starving!!!! and had a shrimp kabob, more my home made lf mac salad and a tv dinner thingy...

monday repeat of sunday basically....
protein shake
mac salad
then was invited to lunch at sushi place... had a mixed bento box with shrimp, salad, rice and a california roll
a small bag natural pototoe chips

then went to the hafla...
had a cappaciono... performed my lil show
had some hummus/ pita/ grape leaves/ salad/ lil bit of wine

and returned to the dance floor for an hour straight...

im EXHAUSTED... but i am still going to the gym tonight after work... now to find some breakfast

Shivati
07-03-2007, 08:27 AM
So its monday... and to add to the melting pot of things that go on in my life heres something else interesting about me.

Im a gamer...

i play, Everquest and sometimes Guild Wars.

i have a 73 barbarian beastlord~ we could go into the sybolism behind me representing myself as 7feet tall and rediculously strong... but anywho this is her
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/EQ000088.jpg

heathershubby
07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
at a roleplaying event and all the guys who have never seen a girls midsection let alone one that can move just giving up and letting you win. lol

keep up the good work

Shivati
07-04-2007, 12:14 PM
hehe HH )

ok tuesday~
10 min stairmaster 10 min elyptical- i really hate cardio sometimes

shoulders/ bi
plate front raise 10lbX9 25X9
ez bar cable curl 50X9 60X9
hammer curls 10X10X3 alternating sides
shoulder db press 20lbsX9X3 <-- ive been using this weight for a few months but i think this is the most reps in one sitting ive ever done at this weight )

then i pooped out :P

could be because of this=

1083 calories 103 carbs 115 protein 16 fiber
~i think i underestimated a bit but still i went a good 5 hrs in the middle with nadda to eat... pms nausea BLA!

Shivati
07-04-2007, 10:44 PM
wed~ 4th of july

ok so started out great
protein bar, lf high fiber muffin, cottage cheese, new whey, lunch:
786 cal, 78 carbs, 93prot, 8fiber

then movie theatre [ TRANSFORMERS!!! ] dinner with family happened:

gesitimate an additional 1100 cal, 125 carbs, MAYBE 25 prot :( and some fiber

so ~ bad bad bad family :P

anyway the gym was good... back/ chest/ tri

10 min stairmaster mod/high 10 min bike mod/high intensity

stiff leg deadlifts 60X10 70X10 80X10
cable row 60X10 75X6 60X10
pec fly 'deck' machine 75X10 85X10 80X10

superset on assisted machine X3
dip weightX10
pullup weightX10

so~ ultimatly i THINK i managed to stay under 2k cal... and with a workout day as today, thats a maintanence level, so considering the majority of the country today consumer 3-4k cal each i dont feel so bad.

this week has been so crazy with holidays and 2 shows, but things will sort of normal out before i go. i will wait till after 'bloated mess' week to weigh myself and i am confident i will be below 130!!!
the next few weeks have alot of stress packed into them, mostly with work, extra hours (boss is away eek) and chores. But since i stopped going out i have had alittle more time on my hands. (i stress ALITTLE)
will be trying to get to some last minute projects before pennsic and do my yearly 2 week medieval movie binge before the big trip.
starting with Dragon Slayer, Pathfinder, Kingdom of Heaven and of course CONAN =D
yeah grace jones u roc!

Shivati
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/3bc8c9907e6a2.jpg

Quickxi
07-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't mess with anyone carrying a sword and wearing bones....

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:07 AM
That is an excellent policy.

Shivati
07-05-2007, 10:08 PM
thursday~

some legs... then realized i forgot my work pants at home and had to cut off workout early... still

20min elyp thingy
seated calf raises 25X20X2
hack squat hammer strength "machine" 20X9 50X9 70X9 90X9
some body weight only lunges and pulsed squats... mind you my back and butt are still achey from yesterdays deadlift fun

food came to
1290 cal 110 carbs 112 prot 12 fiber

then i had 2 glasses of shiraz and 2 small cookies *sigh*
i have issues with drinking (and cookies lol) but im really going thru some emotional $hit right now and just needed a little break, alone, playing video games... off to bed now. tomorrow will have a gr8t workout.

so far all my weights are the same or higher, reps are up and im feelin good despite alot of outside stress and bf problems :(

however im really looking to get some new exercises to add in, getting bored with the same old routine ones (routine stays the same for now though... after vacation will switch either to upper lower or push/pull)

especially for biceps? any suggestions?

thundergut
07-06-2007, 05:05 AM
So its monday... and to add to the melting pot of things that go on in my life heres something else interesting about me.

Im a gamer...

i play, Everquest and sometimes Guild Wars.

i have a 73 barbarian beastlord~ we could go into the sybolism behind me representing myself as 7feet tall and rediculously strong... but anywho this is her
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/EQ000088.jpg

That's awesome. I'm a former EQ'er (hence the gut) so I know the addiction. I've broken the MMO addiction for the most part (ie: it's no longer making me want to skip the gym and family events in favor of playing the game), but I still play WOW when I'm bored after working out.

Shivati
07-07-2007, 07:28 AM
friday~
10 min med intensity stairmaster 25min eliptical (theres no y is there) steady intensity

shoulders/ bi
ok i used the shorter (i thgink 25lbs) straight bar at the gym... its harder than the ez and i heard technically a better workout then the ez... especially if i always use the ez

superset
upright row barX10 barX10 bar+5X10
curls barX10 barX10 bar+5X6 ... on the last few i slowrd my decline conserderably to get a workout on the neg.

cable 'feemotion' machine shoulder press 20X9 25X9 30X6

peck deck reversed... this is called? anyway it works the shoulders
40X10 40X10 40X6

seated machine preacher curl 35X9 35X9 40X6

1633 calories 140 carbs 147 prot 10 fiber (bad girl)
and a night cap... pft

Shivati
07-07-2007, 07:52 AM

but didnt find of pic of me with my sword wearing my bone necklace........ but ill take one at pennsic lol i cant resist

Shivati
07-07-2007, 07:59 AM
That's awesome. I'm a former EQ'er (hence the gut) so I know the addiction. I've broken the MMO addiction for the most part (ie: it's no longer making me want to skip the gym and family events in favor of playing the game), but I still play WOW when I'm bored after working out.

im not like that.... i have been in my guild for 3 yrs now and on weeks that my toons 'husband' is home ( 1 every 3 wk) i play... but otherwise it doesnt really get in the way of anything...especially working out. its really just for fun for me... although i have seen other ppl with lack of self control let it get out of hand. i schedule everything in my life practically... so eq is like that piece of cake... if it fits into your macros, and time for gaming, unfortunatly, is scheduled after priorities. I get time to step out of the schedule box only when im camping... like at Pennsic.

As HH said you imagine me at a roleplaying event etc. Well.... lol its not quite that corny but 3 large steps shy of larping, pennsic is like eq in rl. Anyway~ no more talk of this... i dont want my thread on nerd patrol hehe.
ps~ we ont play wow here... we dont say those 3 words in my house... old school here!

Shivati
07-09-2007, 07:59 AM
saturday

10 min high intensity/ very high heartrate stairmaster

incline db press 20X10 25X4 20X6 20X6
tricep ropeball push down, triple drop setsX2
60lbs/ 50lbs/ 40lbs/ X6each
70lbs/ 50lbs/ 30/lbs X6each
seated chest press machine 3 sets of 10 reps with crappy weight (i dont think the machines weight was correct... but nevertheless resistance is resistance)

food~
shake, greek salad, new whey shot, kiwi, lean cuisine and a protein bar... total 1276c 108c 128p 11f

then *sigh* i was invited to go out woto a friends house who's siter had chosen to cater her saturday bbq that had tons of leftovers and chardonney.
I couldnt resist.
Normally this wouldnt be an issue except sunday was an equally bad day on the opposite end... i didnt go to gym and i barely ate anything at all yesterday. ( i was kinda living off the homemade coleslaw and 7 bean salad she sent me home with)

anywho, today back to normal.... no botches like that anymore. Vacation is in 3.5 weeks~ with 4 lbs to lose :P time for the fun to begin.

Shivati
07-10-2007, 06:32 AM
monday
2 poached eggs, grapes, kiwi, yogurt, new whey, protein bar, homemade greek salad, lean cuisine, fiber 100cal brownie

1485 cal, 130 carb, 125 protein, 17 fiber
~ this is a good day i think

10 min running 10 min eliptical

shoulders/ bis

db hammer curls
(on 20lb assisted by other hand on contraction and slowly released for focus on negative)20X6 15X6
alternating db curls 15X12 10X12

ez bar cable curls 40X9X3
supersetted with
ez bar cable upright rows 40X9X3

bent over lateral db raises 10X9X3

~was good my biceps are actually sore :D

Shivati
07-10-2007, 06:52 AM
i play video games, have tattoos and piercings and hang out with rennies, hippies, burners, drummers, hoopers, dancers... you name it... if you can picture a fairy dancing around a mushroom, or my very tall friend Vlad... its apart of my life (except anime!!!! yuck!)

society had it subconsciously drilled into my mind and many others growing up that "we" are not like athletic jockey ppl... are socially unacceptable and certainly have no place amounst the beautiful tan bodies of the buff and beauty queens.

yet i find myself an exact contridiction to this rule (as well as many others such as, health conscious- partier, completely modernized love my PC and ipod girl that likes to camp in the woods with no electricity and live like its 1480 ad. etc)

there are many answers to this... first of course being that social norms are lies set up by the pc to conform the masses... besides that, for me i think i can sum alot of it up with one phrase, body modification.

i love my body, and my health, existance etc and thank God and mother nature (another well balanced seemingly contradictory part of me... my faith) for the ability to shape and morph myself into something that is more like art than just flesh. I can change tosome extent my size, shape and color... and adorn it with beautiful colors and striking well placed metallic glintz. I look in the mirror and though i may not neccessarily be the goddess i see in my minds eye visually, i have transformed my outer being to match the inner realised self....

ok, so altering my appearance looks good, it feels, good, its empowering and is like a natural high. Whether it be with ink or with weights, its perfect harmony.

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 07:36 AM
i play video games, have tattoos and piercings and hang out with rennies, hippies, burners, drummers, hoopers, dancers... you name it... if you can picture a fairy dancing around a mushroom, or my very tall friend Vlad... its apart of my life (except anime!!!! yuck!)

society had it subconsciously drilled into my mind and many others growing up that "we" are not like athletic jockey ppl... are socially unacceptable and certainly have no place amounst the beautiful tan bodies of the buff and beauty queens.

yet i find myself an exact contridiction to this rule (as well as many others such as, health conscious- partier, completely modernized love my PC and ipod girl that likes to camp in the woods with no electricity and live like its 1480 ad. etc)

there are many answers to this... first of course being that social norms are lies set up by the pc to conform the masses... besides that, for me i think i can sum alot of it up with one phrase, body modification.

i love my body, and my health, existance etc and thank God and mother nature (another well balanced seemingly contradictory part of me... my faith) for the ability to shape and morph myself into something that is more like art than just flesh. I can change tosome extent my size, shape and color... and adorn it with beautiful colors and striking well placed metallic glintz. I look in the mirror and though i may not neccessarily be the goddess i see in my minds eye visually, i have transformed my outer being to match the inner realised self....

ok, so altering my appearance looks good, it feels, good, its empowering and is like a natural high. Whether it be with ink or with weights, its perfect harmony.
You had me at tattoos... ;)

Shivati
07-11-2007, 08:31 AM
You had me at tattoos... ;)

thanks! they are fun arent they!

Shivati
07-11-2007, 08:35 AM
wednesday~

no workout :*(

chow~
protein cookie
1.5 cups grapes
muscle milk lite
last of the homemade greek salad hmm
soup lf chicken soup
kiwi
lean cuisine
1/2 promax bar

1625- 182carbs *grumble* -103 protein *grumble some more*- 20 fiber

thats what happens when you work long hours lol

Shivati
07-11-2007, 08:37 AM
i already started today with a yummy frozen fruit/ water/ protein/ splenda/ flax seed smoothie :D

so i stepped on my tanita today and the bf read 23%!!! ACK! thats good, ya know why... because my tanita ALWAYS reads higher and was at 30% for like 3 years... i thought it was broken!
going to test my bf at the gym... but my rushed crappy 3 point caliper test said 18.18% and even more fumbled through 7 point test was 17% !!

i think the 18% is closest, gonna use the thingy at the gym to check!

otw to the gym woot!

Shivati
07-11-2007, 09:37 PM
wednesday~

20 min eliptical chest and tris, gave the back a break... saw chiroman on monday... makes ok just i think the deadlifts kickin my butt, plus was in a rush today... 49 hour week at work, boss away at conference :P

supersetX2
db chest press 40X9 and db tricep push up 15X9

db chest pullover 25X9X2
peck fly 70X9X2

1302 cal 125 carb 122 prot 17 fiber :)

Shivati
07-11-2007, 09:54 PM
at the gym the bf % moniter read 20.62....
well that seems dead in the cente of my botch job caliper test and p.o.s. tanita~ so im going with it... im very excited about this! i have now changed my long term goal to 18%. and as long as i get down 3 more lbs in 3 weeks but maintain my bf%, i will reach my short term goal!!! ~ vacation pics are gonna raq this year )

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 10:00 PM
at the gym the bf % moniter read 20.62....
well that seems dead in the cente of my botch job caliper test and p.o.s. tanita~ so im going with it... im very excited about this! i have now changed my long term goal to 18%. and as long as i get down 3 more lbs in 3 weeks but maintain my bf%, i will reach my short term goal!!! ~ vacation pics are gonna raq this year )
lol ... I was just thinking that I should have some good vacation pics this tme next year!

Keep up the good work, you are looking amazing and getting closer to your goal everyday.

Quickxi
07-14-2007, 07:08 AM
i don't like snakes and I don't like humid florida....looks like yo are making some nice progress! Keep it up....

Shivati
07-14-2007, 08:29 AM
thursday~

20 min eliptical legs

squat 90X7X2 100X7
decline leg press 90X9 110X9 130X6 140X6
seated calf 90X12X3

1599 cal, 173 carbs, 125 protein, 18 fiber

... i took friday off, was up late thursday nite... my legs are KILLING ME. but i feel like im slacking, falling behind. this week ends with only 5 workout days.

mon should/ bi cardio
wed chest/tri cardio
thurs legs cardio
sat back/some chest cardio
sun extra cardio

not my normal routine... im very disappointed with myself... i really need to get my $hit back on track or im not going to reach my goal by aug.3

will post more later

Shivati
07-14-2007, 07:50 PM
so thursday i actually didnt do eliptical, i did stairmaster... thats why my arse hurts so dam much!!!! stairmaster on leg day, what was i thinking?!

today, saturday-

10 min eliptical, 10 min bike.... legs still KEELING ME... could barely walk.

bench press... had a spotter today
bar 9 reps
65lbs 3 reps
55lbs 9 reps
bar 9 reps

back
close grip lat pulldown 55X9 60X9 65X9
db bent over row each side 20lbsX10X2
hanging/ or lying back extensions (name?) 15repsX2

was going to post todays food cept im a dummy and forgot my book at work... however my dinner was soy pasta and sauce with turkey sausage... yes i actually bought, cooked and ate real food! ( i used to be really good atcooking healthy meals, lately i have just been to busy and to slack)

totals for dinner~ 445cal 39 carb~ 41protein~ 14 fiber!!!!

i know i didnt total much more than 900cal before that so im good :)

Shivati
07-17-2007, 07:42 AM
sunday~

i did 20 min cardio and didnt write down my macros but heres what i ate~

1 cup strawberries
cup rice pilaf mix (from the health food store)
1 turkey sausage
lean cuisine
protein bar
lil bit of chocolate

Monday~

10 min stairmaster, 10 min on recumbant bike... med/high intensity (heart rate was up to 150-160)

shoulders, bi's

shoulder press 20X9 15X9X2
supersetted with hammer curls
15X9X3 each arm

25lb straight bar curls X9X2
" " upright rows X9X2

10lb plate front raises X 12X3

abs~ captains chair knee raises 10 repsX2
leg raises 10reps

Shivati
07-17-2007, 07:58 AM
so... 2 weeks till vacation and just doing my best to get there looking my best. i suppose its entirely possible that while there i wll lose more weight and even drop below 125. i just hope its not muscle. while i am there i wont be working out at all... but i will be walking at least 3-5 miles a day and dancing every night and taking dance classes all day... so i shouldnt gain any weight hehe. check it out if you like:
www.pennsic.net and
www.pennsicwar.org

so all this week im spending my time sewing.... yes, needle thread, machine, and corny movies... all for the sake of having awesome garb. and on a few outfits, im taking them in!!!

i made almost all of this, including the head pieces~

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/56a.jpg

Shivati
07-17-2007, 07:59 AM
but at pennsic we dress more like this

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/meandniobe3.jpg

Shivati
07-17-2007, 08:00 AM
and this is where we spend our time~

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/hookuhbar.jpg

thundergut
07-17-2007, 08:50 AM
now that is a pimp pad...

ScottC
07-18-2007, 04:59 AM
so... 2 weeks till vacation and just doing my best to get there looking my best. i suppose its entirely possible that while there i wll lose more weight and even drop below 125. i just hope its not muscle. while i am there i wont be working out at all... but i will be walking at least 3-5 miles a day and dancing every night and taking dance classes all day... so i shouldnt gain any weight hehe.
You can do some strength training exercises without weights while you are gone on vacation, check out this link:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson8.htm

How long did the outfit take to make? I have great respect for people who can sew. I barely can sew on a button. :o

Glad to read things have been going well. Keep up the good work! :)

Quickxi
07-18-2007, 10:08 AM
and this is where we spend our time~

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/hookuhbar.jpg

OMG!!! WHERE IS THE TV :D

Shivati
07-19-2007, 08:28 AM
You can do some strength training exercises without weights while you are gone on vacation, check out this link:

How long did the outfit take to make? I have great respect for people who can sew. I barely can sew on a button. :o

i worked on the bra while flying to and from california to visit my sisters last year.... so hehe a while.

Shivati
07-19-2007, 08:31 AM
sunday~

i did 20 min cardio and didnt write down my macros but heres what i ate~

1 cup strawberries
cup rice pilaf mix (from the health food store)
1 turkey sausage
lean cuisine
protein bar
lil bit of chocolate

Monday~

10 min stairmaster, 10 min on recumbant bike... med/high intensity (heart rate was up to 150-160)

shoulders, bi's

shoulder press 20X9 15X9X2
supersetted with hammer curls
15X9X3 each arm

25lb straight bar curls X9X2
" " upright rows X9X2

10lb plate front raises X 12X3

abs~ captains chair knee raises 10 repsX2
leg raises 10reps

i want to add i got sundays and mondays foods mixed up~ i had the sausage on monday and had 6 seasoned crabs for dinner on sunday. Also had a peanut butter on lite wheat in there some where. BUt besides that almost ate the exact same things those 2 nights.

then i had a giant bug lost near my PC desk and didnt use my computer for almost 2 days~ dont even ask

Shivati
07-19-2007, 08:39 AM
tuesday~ shoulder/ bi
ate
protein bar
2 poached eggs
fruit cup
english muffin (stupid waitress put atiny bit of butter on it :P )
lean cuisine
new whey
tomaote/ cheese/ rice and chicken meal i made :D
broccoli
1320 calories 138 carbs 112 protein 14 fiber

10- min stairmaster 10 eliptical

life fitness cable chest press 20X9 25X9 15X9
incline db chest press 15X9 20X9 15X9
assisted dip supersetted
assited chin X10 repsX2 sets
seated row 3 different hand positions 45X9X3

went out with roomy tues night for a chit chat and drink (not included in above macros) and have decided that the "hanging out" has gone from casual fun to officially ruining my diet. i will have to decline all future invites. this is really bothering me.

Shivati
07-19-2007, 08:47 AM
wednesday~

went out for lunch with ex bf and didnt keep track of days food #'s but i ate~
sushi/ rice/ soup/ salad
trail mix (new we got at the store)
protein bar
new whey shot
rice/ chix/ tomatoe/ alittle cheese
grapefruit
100 cal popcorn

"light or aka machine" leg day

10 min run/ walk 10min bike 10 min circuit at work ( i made up this circuit at work with my co-wkr chic that also works out alot... we had to go up the stairs grab a box of noxplode, come down..... walk to the front of the store, walk all the way around, go back and get another. we had to move like 40 boxes.... it was fun! we doin silly stuff like rotating while holding the boxes for 'abs' and doing shoulder presses with them lol )

all these weights are up for me ) ~
seated leg press 120X 10 150X10 165X10
iso lat extensions each leg alternating with no break 30X9 40X9 45X6
lying curls... inbetween each walk around the machine 3 times and stretch
30X10 40X6 45X6 <--- wanted to do 50 so bad but was worried id hurt myself... ive heard enough horror stories
calf raises on leg press 90X10X3

Shivati
07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
thursday~
ill post food after the day is almost done but im just finishing up my workout now so here it is~
btw i stayed home to workout

did this supposedly 16 min ondemand cardio walk/run
it was fun! felt more like dancing... skanking....
but seemed more like 10 minutes so.... 100 jumping jacks as follows...

shoudlers/ bis

i own an ez bar.... no idea what the weight is... ill say 30lbs? and my straight bar has mebe 40

10 curls supersetted with 20 jumping jacks- 3 sets

10 military press reps supersetted with 10 jj- 3 sets

8.8 lb plate front raises (dont ask lol ) X4 ending with 10 jj

alternating hammer curls... with same plate ( i ran up and down my stairs a million times trying to find my db's with no success ) 9reps 3 sets each arm no break in between

and for fun an extra 20 jj

im going to make a shake now - any advice on new biceps exercises... im getting bored

Shivati
07-19-2007, 04:42 PM
food- so far-

atkins breakfast bar granola thingy 180 cal 24 carbs 10 protein 6 fiber
3 poached small eggs 180 cal 0 18 protein 0
1 cup strawberries 53 13 1 3
1 slice lite wheat bread, 1 tbsp peanut butter (hmmm yummie) 125 9 5 2
2 scoops whey tech 180 6 34 0
soon to have 1 turkey sausage 110 1 13 0
sub totals-
828cal 53carb 81 protein 11 fiber

- i havent eaten enough... damnit!

Shivati
07-19-2007, 04:48 PM

i will check this out.... there are hundreds ( i really mean like hundred 200 ) classes at pennsic... usually theres like morning yoga and theres "bellydance bootcamp"... so i will be working out. my arms will get a workout because i am a waterbearer.... in short, this is a person who runs around on the field inbetween holds during battle to 'water the fighters' ... i carry 2, sometimes 4 full 1 gallon jugs of water, gatorade, and pickle juice yelling "who wants to suck on my jugs". they of course are all taller than me and i have to hold it for them so they can fish the straw into their helmets. BIG BICEP TIME!

but i really need to schedule time for pushups, situps etc... theres usually alot of mead to be drank (calories!!!) and i think in the past i have lost some muscle/ strength. Everyone looses weight at pennsic, mostly from water and i will assume muscle... unless u drink to much... then u leave bloated, dehydrated and hungover. And when you have a 4 hr drive ahead... that f-in sux.

Shivati
07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
ok i took some pictures today.... i want to say i personally am shocked how much difference i see and second WHERED MY BUTT GO lol... never in my life have i seen it that small... of course i think gravity has something to do with it not being the 'bubble' it once was... but i really feel tingly posting these... check out in my progress section.

Shivati
07-19-2007, 08:42 PM
food- so far-

atkins breakfast bar granola thingy 180 cal 24 carbs 10 protein 6 fiber
3 poached small eggs 180 cal 0 18 protein 0
1 cup strawberries 53 13 1 3
1 slice lite wheat bread, 1 tbsp peanut butter (hmmm yummie) 125 9 5 2
2 scoops whey tech 180 6 34 0
soon to have 1 turkey sausage 110 1 13 0
sub totals-
828cal 53carb 81 protein 11 fiber

- i havent eaten enough... damnit!

ok then~

piece of cheese 100 0 7 0
1/2 serv of leftover soy pasta 173 19 14 7

needless to say im hungry :P and thirsty... going to make some tea and nibble on bluberries, and mebe a small piece of chocolate

ScottC
07-20-2007, 06:36 AM
ok i took some pictures today.... i want to say i personally am shocked how much difference i see and second WHERED MY BUTT GO lol... never in my life have i seen it that small... of course i think gravity has something to do with it not being the 'bubble' it once was... but i really feel tingly posting these... check out in my progress section.
Great progress pictures! Well done! :)

...the June 11,2007 pic is....hot! :o

Shivati
07-20-2007, 07:06 AM
thanks! right now im eating 1/4 cup blueberries and drinking some strawberry whey tech/ water... and i think im gonna go do some dance practise for 20 min ( its my day off exercise but what the hell ). Then to work and possible confrontation with DM today. He will be in 'the area'. I have had to completely (imo) mutilate my face (ie take my piercings out) for work and am not sure if i will be 'acceptable' ( i am wearing retainers). SO we will see if i have a job by the end of the day! Either way i will accept fates choice. Wish me luck!

Shivati
07-20-2007, 08:20 PM
friday

20 min med/high intensity dance practise... with zills :) (forearm workout yeah!)

i ate-
1/4 cup blueberriea, whey protein, acai choco bar, turkey patti, 1 pb sw, lean cuisine steamer, broccoli, trail mix, shake, mint <-- hmmmm

1380 calories ( ahhh 138 my lucky number!!!!! ) 134 carbs 130 protein 20 fiber

stellar day! tomorrow should be almost the same... cept tomorrow i do chest back and tris!!!!!!

Shivati
07-20-2007, 08:22 PM
hello
Is there anybody in there
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone home?

Shivati
07-20-2007, 08:25 PM

ScottC
07-21-2007, 05:19 AM
hello
Is there anyone home?
Lots of people read the journals who never post. It's summer and a busy time. I barely can keep my own journal up to date right now, but I am trying to check in on my 'subscribed' journals and see how people are doing...sometimes I don't get the chance to reply.

btw...how did the DM visit go? Since I read no angry posts, I assume you still have a job. ;)

Shivati
07-21-2007, 05:41 PM
saturdays workout chest back tri~ at home so interesting....

10 min walk/run outside... for some reason REALLY got my heartrate up today! running outside is much harder than treadmill.

triple set 3 times

one arm barbell bent over row with my heavy straight bar ( i think its 40lbs? )X12
lying barbell chest press with my 30 bar then heavier bar X10
ez bar skull crushersX6

superset X3

stiff leg deadlift X10
push- upsX 10
reg and girly

will post food later

Shivati
07-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Lots of people read the journals who never post. It's summer and a busy time. I barely can keep my own journal up to date right now, but I am trying to check in on my 'subscribed' journals and see how people are doing...sometimes I don't get the chance to reply.

btw...how did the DM visit go? Since I read no angry posts, I assume you still have a job. ;)

yes i understand.. i do too.. i read a bit of everyones.... so was just asking for alittle *nod*

thank you all that read and comment on my bodyspace though! its an encouragement!

jhf
07-21-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm keeping tabs on yer progress as well and I must say you look fantastic and have done wonderfully!

Shivati
07-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm keeping tabs on yer progress as well and I must say you look fantastic and have done wonderfully!

thanks so much!

Shivati
07-21-2007, 09:02 PM
food~

coffee, promax bar, rice, turkey patty, 2 pieces lite wheat bread, 1 piece cheese, 1 ear raw corn, 2 new wheys, trail mix, some blueberries, 2 small cookies

1549 cal 134 carb 146 prot 12 fiber
goodnight :)

Shivati
07-22-2007, 05:44 AM
up early for the gym... lots a cardio and abs and stretching today! laters!

Shivati
07-22-2007, 08:44 PM
1547cal 147carb 132protein 25fiber

whoa~ i think im gonna have a night cap and a piece of chocolate and crash, laters

Hotmoltenlava
07-23-2007, 07:59 AM
hello
Is there anyone home?

Come on, now, I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
And get you on your feet again.

Hehehehe........Gotta love it.

I come here quite often and don't post as much. I don't get a lot of posts on mine either. Really, this space is for you. Don't let it bother you that others aren't posting. They are reading, I assure you. You are too intriguing of a person to be ignored, I also assure you.

Have a good one.

Shivati
07-24-2007, 04:33 PM
monday!

shoulders/ bis

15 min cardio/ stairmaster and bike

db curls 15X8 alternating , each arm 15X8 20X5 15X8

ez bar cable curl triple drop set
60X6 40X6 30X6
50X6 40X6 20X6

lateral db flies 10lb in each handX10X3
upright row 30X9 20X9

1527 cal 140 carbs 123 prot 21 fiber

Shivati
07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
tues! today!

i got lazy and didnt write anything down but here it is~

25 min on bike, good intensity, had ipod and was jammin... lady next to me kept looking over like i was on somethin cuz i was puffing and spitting and probably singing lol

chest back and tri

db incline press 40lbX 9 50XlbX 4 BLA 40lbX 9 (i forget?)
setted with db tricep pushup 15X9 20X7 20X3&15X6

peck deck flies (this machine is weird and weights are always low.... not likle the one at the other gym 20lb difference?! but same machine?!)
60X9X3

triple drop set seated rowX2
75X6 60X6 45X6

did 90 for 3 reps in there somewhere for fun hehe

assisted setted dip/ chin upX3 sets 9 reps each

got heart rate up real high and felt really good when i was done

food~
lite yogurt
lean body rtd
smart ones casadilla thingy
corn chips with alittle cheese
1 tbsp peanut butter
lil lean pasta dish

i need something else... dun know what yet, i hate eating at home :P
making turkey sausage for tomorrow, will probably have one of them.

Shivati
07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
so...
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/fish2.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/fish.jpg

Shivati
07-24-2007, 06:16 PM
tues! today!

i got lazy and didnt write anything down but here it is~

food~
lite yogurt
lean body rtd
smart ones casadilla thingy
corn chips with alittle cheese
1 tbsp peanut butter
lil lean pasta dish

i need something else... dun know what yet, i hate eating at home :P
making turkey sausage for tomorrow, will probably have one of them.

ok.. i ate that turkey sausage.. on toast with mustard and brown rice with alittle olive oil... soooo good, and my lunch for the next 3 days minus the bread.

is that too much food for one day? geesh i should have counted :P

Shivati
07-26-2007, 06:37 AM
wednesday~

off workout day, but i did do some dance practise for fun

chow,

1230 cal 110 carbs 99 protein 21fiber

plus two small cookies before bed (about 70 cal)

Shivati
07-26-2007, 06:44 AM
well my short term goal is 125 lbs by next friday. i am about 126.5 right now, i already made my bf% goal.

two things im concerned about.... first others may not be interested in hearing this but it is almost "that time of month" which reaks HAVOC with the scale... but wed/ thursday my water levels MIGHT be back to normal... time for some dandelion.

second, one of things i do for fun and character is i semi-permanently adorn my hair with trinkets and extensions before i leave. As it is my hair already adds about 3-4 lbs to my body weight. Well now that i have sewn some dodads in... i think its put me up .5-1.5lbs. Its hard to tell because washing my hair adds about 3lbs and takes almost 3 days to dry. I will try to figure out some way to exclude the extras from my final weight and get a figure this weekend and before i leave. I am confident i have reached my goal and am very happy visually with the results.

Hotmoltenlava
07-26-2007, 08:45 AM
i already made my bf% goal.

Congrats! You should be proud.

Have a good one.

Quickxi
07-26-2007, 01:25 PM
congrats on the progress.....3 days to dry? I think it's time to shave it off, go bald. I'll give you a dollar.... :rolleyes: :D

what do ya think :D

Shivati
07-26-2007, 03:34 PM
thursday workout~

10 min stairmaster 10 min bike lvl 8
and legs...

decline press 11X9 130X9 140X6 160X5... soon 4 -45's...

hack squat, look it light 50X9 50X6X2 <- i really hate the hack squat but i think it helps me go lower
calf raises 50X15X2
ad/abductor
inner one 130X15X2
outer one 115X12X2

post chow later

Shivati
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
congrats on the progress.....3 days to dry? I think it's time to shave it off, go bald. I'll give you a dollar.... :rolleyes: :D

what do ya think :D

haha u would scream if you saw it now... i just bleached the front.
but i do it every year and it grows and fades out my mid-september... i was born a dirty blond 8O

Shivati
07-28-2007, 06:07 AM
thursday went as such~
1416 cal 141 carb 114 prot 24 fiber... then went out with siome friends for a few drinks and landed my self a hang over.... guh

Shivati
07-28-2007, 06:18 AM
part feeling like crap, part pissed off by ex, part MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME!!
i only had time to do 15 min on the bike, although i will say it felt pretty good... and i do go to the gym almost everyday.

food was crap... i think i am subconsciously already on vacation.

indian buffet for lunch... i didnt eat to much... was busy fighting
fresh squeezed fruit punch at the restaurant... oh it was like tropical paradise in a glass

gatorade
cup-o-soup.... shhhh i know i know
diet coke
a ravioli smart ones dinner and a healthy choice dessert

ok.... the debauchery i estimate at about 1700-1800 cal... not to bad at all. but the sodium is gonna kill me! weighed in at 128.5 this morning... oh here it comes. well... we shall see. today i have a wedding reception to go to and im having chicken.... i bought steamed crabs for dinner, my favorite!!! so protein protein!!! having a shake right now. Today im doing shoulders and bis and gonna try to have a good cardio session since my legs are still ON FIRE!!! my inner thighs hate me, as well as my bum!

cawiau
07-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Sorry for me going MIA on your threa...just keep on missing it.
Now it's fixed....I am subscribed :D

Good to see you have made some good progress and kept on going to the gym close to everyday.,
Sorry about the thing with the ex.

Just keep on moving forward and keep you head up!

Shivati
07-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Sorry for me going MIA on your threa...just keep on missing it.
Now it's fixed....I am subscribed :D

Good to see you have made some good progress and kept on going to the gym close to everyday.,
Sorry about the thing with the ex.

Just keep on moving forward and keep you head up!

thanks i appreciate it!

Shivati
07-28-2007, 08:20 PM
ok todays workout was as follows~

20 min on the bike- legs still in pain!!!!

preacher curls 25lbsX9X3
cable shoulder press machine 15X9 20X9 25X9
rear delt machine 40X9X3
drop set ez bar curls 40X9 - 20X9 then 30X9 - 20X9

it was fun~

had a protein shake and a potatoe in the after noon, then didnt eat till the weding reception, which luckily, didnt go so bad.

there i ate fruit, salad, cheese and crackers, alot of meatballs WOOT, chicken, potatoe, coffee and the only bad thing i had was these little quiche apps .... but ate ALOT of protein, felt good to eat real food :)

skipped before the cake was served and the drinks started getting nuts... enjoyeda quiet night at home.

up early for the gym and im looking towards having a good way in this week. feel thin even though i am bloated...

cawiau
07-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Nice workout....
Keep up the good work!

Shivati
07-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Sunday~

10min stairmaster 10 min ski-eliptical

chest/ back/ tri

db bench 40X9X2 40X6
db pullover 25X9X3
chest press iso machine alternating (each arm) 20X6X4
triple drop set tricep cable rope pushdown 60X6, 40X6, 20X6 then 50X6, 40X6, 20X6
close grip lat pulldown 55X9X3

food~ garlic 'rice noodle' soup, new whey, protein cookie, turkey sausge, brown rice, cheese, i cant believe its not butter lite, CRABS!!!!! ~ hmmm yum

1608 cal 91 carb 170 protein 5 fiber ~ wHoa

Shivati
07-30-2007, 08:21 AM
ill be honest my back is really sore from yesterday... my arms are alittle too. I am concerned about working myself to hard the last 3 days and then driving for 4 hours... only to step outta my truck and try to set up my tent and be sore everywhere and completely stiff. So i may be taking it easy this week, at least on the weights... and im not doing legs. I want to~ but i really cant be having the inability to sit right now.... we will see.

Shivati
07-30-2007, 08:22 AM
ok i probably will do legs.... but im gonna do sissy weights!

cawiau
07-30-2007, 11:09 AM
ok i probably will do legs.... but im gonna do sissy weights!

Just take it easy than
Try lower weights and higher reps
Might work better for you

Take cre ;)

thundergut
07-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I checked on your bodyspace and must say...great pics! Your progress really shows, and you've got to be almost at your goal.

Shivati
07-30-2007, 07:13 PM

Just take it easy than
Try lower weights and higher reps
Might work better for you

Take cre ;)
10 min stairmaster 10 min ski machine and
yep... i did legs today.. my upper body is now the painful part.
did seated press, isolateral extensions and curls
sissy weights X15 reps X4 sets each
some calf raises in there to... and abs, legs lifts in cap chair

so far macros as such~
1159 cal, 94 carbs, 117 prot, 11 fiber

i dont think ill be having anything else... im real tired so mebe early sleepage

Shivati
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I checked on your bodyspace and must say...great pics! Your progress really shows, and you've got to be almost at your goal.

thanks! we will find out when aunt flow is no longer on her monthly trip from red bank :P

jhf
07-30-2007, 07:49 PM
I have to admit I really enjoy reading your log. Awesome work and thanks for such a fun log to read.

Shivati
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
hey thanks hehe... ok time to kill all the fun, im leaving in 8 hrs for the time of life PENNSIC HERE I COME WOOOOOOT... weighing in at 126.5 lbs PFT
i will probably lose 5 lbs by saturday from the sun and walking so i consider myself goalifyed!!

thanks all u peeps ill be back in 2 weeks... then who knows mebe bulking time?

Shivati
08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
im in the middle of developing a new workout which i will post, along with some follow up stats... but then i have to take a break from the thread on a daily basis... cuz im moving :D

to woodstock to be with the hippies~

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/woodstock.jpg

Shivati
08-14-2007, 08:53 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/Shivati/peaceatwar.jpg

Shivati
08-14-2007, 08:59 PM
thinking about doing a 4 day push/ pull with an optional 5th day of extra cardio... i remember a few weeks ago posting what i wanted to do but cant seem to find it... any opinions?
i cant do any sort of "bulking" or even strict "cutting" till after the move is settled because my gym access and food budget are now in the grey, any suggestions for a reasonable non-time consuming, maintanance program? i want to keep at around 130 lbs.... i was 'cutting' on 1200-1600 cal a day (a goal of 1400 give or take)... so im assuming i can go 1500-1700 and be ok?
all supps for the moment stay the same including occasional EC for energy.

btw~nice to be back, looking forward to hitting the weights.

Shivati
08-16-2007, 11:48 AM
have 2 really great workout days... ate so so since im broke right now, but i did 21's today WHOA! i love em!

heres the new schedule:

day1 chest/ tri 20c
2 back/ bi 20c
3 legs/ abs 20c
4 shoulders/ traps 20c
5~ opitional extra 20-30min cardio

feeling good after vacation ringing in at 129.5 lbs :D

Hotmoltenlava
08-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Keep it up. You are looking great.

Shivati
08-18-2007, 01:40 PM
general meal plan for the week, now that i finally went grocery shopping, looks like this... i have not, and am not calculating macros but i think the days will run around 1600 calories... give or take 100.

meal1 cereal and ff milk or eggs

2 piece of fruit

3 smart ones entree or tortellini/ chicken/ spinach homemade soup

4 bar or shake

5 turkey with alittle gravy or broiled chicken thighs, brown rice, broccoli sauted in olive oil, black beans

go about a one week supply... then to the lentil soup

Shivati
08-25-2007, 08:05 AM
so thats about what i ate this week, except that bowl of ramen soup and trip to the movie theatre :P

but im still 128 lbs?! go figure... only 1.5 higher than my final cutting weight 4 weeks ago... i wonder if i may have actually reset my metabolism higher... ive done it once before.

well today is day 4 in the gym... plus i taught a private lesson this week and spent 1/2 my day of moving garbage and recyclables and furniture to the curb... so i guess that counts as a workout! Todays leg day... and i have a fancy new pair of melodia pants im considering wearing to the gym lol. I shouldnt... they are really nice dance pants that flair and make my butt look amazing!

But the bell at the bottom is pretty big and i think i will trip on myself lol.

cawiau
08-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Enjoy your leg workout and keep us posted :)

Shivati
09-09-2007, 09:13 AM
still 128 lbs- yep.... i think i must have lost alittle muscle and gained some fat but i look relatively the same, and all of clothes still hang off of me :P

~ after i move i REALLY want to do a clean mini bulk (once i have money to buy FOOD again uh) i guess 12 weeks- ending after Christmas.

~THEN im SERIOUSLY considering trying to do a show in the spring!?!?!?! any opinions. It very difficult to commit to something like this at this time because i NEED to devote a certain amount of time and money to dancing- dancing is my number one priority. Right now the budget is tight and i cannot afford a gym membership, however where im moving to there are alot of running a bike trails and biking is HUGE. Although i have minimal workout equipment at home and my friend is doing a 12 week personal trainer course. Just throwing around the idea... wouldnt it be cool if i could get her to do one with me!

Well i dont need to do one to feel like ive accomplished my goals, i just see so many others doing it and it looks VERY gratifying.

well anyway thats my update. I MAY start blogging my bulk after my move is settled in 2 weeks or so :)

Shivati
09-12-2007, 02:42 PM
incline leg press (or is it decline hehe) 4 - 45lb plates! woot for 5 reps! and that was after 3 other sets of weight working up to it so i def think i could have done more! :)