PDA

View Full Version : I resisted temptation!

Quadroplex
06-21-2007, 03:09 PM
My agency had a meeting today to introduce new employees and socialize. They put out cookies, bite-sized brownies and my favorite, ruggalach (sp?)! I was tempted but resisted ALL of it. Right after the meeting was over I left to prevent myself from giving in. That was followed by lunch, where I got a turkey sandwich on whole wheat.

I'm very proud of myself for this, especially since ruggalach is my thing (I'm Jewish) and I just can't get enough of it :)

xl Achilles lx
06-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I tip my hat to you sir. Most threads these days are along the lines of, "zomg so my parents brought me out to dinner for a celebration and I had a steak, should I do cardio for 11 hours to burn it off?!?!?!"

Props man, I don't think I coulda resisted if it was placed in front of me like that lol.

Quadroplex
06-21-2007, 03:21 PM
It wasn't just that there was so much of it there, but my boss was offering it to me and I had to refuse and sort of explain I'm trying to eat clean. Fortunately we're in health care and he understood :P

BaFtub
06-21-2007, 03:23 PM
good job man, and it's great to work with somebody who respects your decisions. pretty cool youre both in healthcare as well =P

gluck on your weight loss btw!

Quadroplex
06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
good job man, and it's great to work with somebody who respects your decisions. pretty cool youre both in healthcare as well =P

gluck on your weight loss btw!

Yeah, it's actually kind of ironic that so many employees here are in bad shape healthwise. I'm working at the NIH this summer, and every time I walk in I see so many people with excess fat.

xl Achilles lx
06-21-2007, 03:52 PM
It wasn't just that there was so much of it there, but my boss was offering it to me and I had to refuse and sort of explain I'm trying to eat clean. Fortunately we're in health care and he understood :P

It's very rare that people understand when someone is trying to eat clean. Usually, I get the whole, "Oh come on, this one time isn't gonna kill you, come oon, you're obsessing too much."

I get this from everyone, co-workers, friends, even family. I know I can cheat ( I consider myself still young enough to go off my diet every now and then) but sometimes I just want to stick to it. Always good to know people who understand what you're trying to achieve.

gfundaro
06-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Yea, working in an office in DC, I'm surrounded by that junk. Today I went to two functions; the first had a continental breakfast of danishes, muffins, and bagels. Then the lunch was huge sandwiches with potato and fruit salad and PB cookies and brownies. LOL great for a ketoer :-P I'm not tempted though, I bring my own food.

frog83
06-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Good for you - keep it up. But I've noticed that my motivation and dedication is proportional to people's insistance to eat something. I was at a party (at work) once, and I just took a few nuts and raisins on my plate. A coworker started laughing out loud ridiculing me, running around shouting: "Look what she put on her plate!". I was lost for words.

sportyhp
06-21-2007, 04:46 PM
yay for jew food! kugel is yummy too, and who can refuse a good ole bagel w/ some cream cheese and lox lol. i love cheating on family special occasions or jewish holidays cause its all food i love.

jg_girl088
06-21-2007, 05:37 PM
hey didn't know there were more jews on here! yeah Im jewish 100% although I dont look like it (I get that all the time). I love jewish food too unfortunately challah doesnt usually come in stone ground whole wheat lol.

Quadroplex
06-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Yay for us :P