PDA

View Full Version : Fat Loss With A Phase Shift Diet Protocol

Druluv75
06-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Fat Loss With A Phase Shift Diet Protocol

What I'm writing, is just my opinion, like Vince Gironda said "Every Man Must Find Their Own Metabolic Needs"

Instead of blindly following any one diet anymore, I decided to take certain core principles to formulate my own style to accomplish my goals. I'm in total belief that weekly phase-shift diets are the most powerful and most natural way to eat; whether it be for fat loss or muscle gain. The anabolic response that you get from phase shifts diets are incredible, this is probably the only diet that you are able to use the big three (GH, Testosterone, Insulin) every week.

In the US we have been fooled by the high carb/ low fat mantra. This dogmatic religion has fatten the US waist line and the pockets of grain companies. The main problem with high carb/low fat is that, carbohydrates simulate insulin. Fluctuating insulin makes fat loss harder. Secondly, the body needs fat to survive. Because of this, the body will hold on to fat while you are dieting, if you don't supply the body with fat. While you can lose fat on this type of diet, you will lose a lot of muscle with it. The most important factor in losing weight is causing a calorie deficit.

The first and most important principle for the phase shift diet, is getting the body to be fat adapted. Fat adaptation means that your body will use fat instead of glucose for energy. The shift from glucose to fat is not the easiest to do. The body prefers to burn glucose than fat; I guess its a survival thing. There are essential amino acids and there are essential fatty acids but there are no essential carbohydrates. However, once your body makes the shift, you will experience some of the most intense work outs.

To get your body to be fat adapted, you have to eat fat and stop eating carbohydrates. People generally need about 12 days to fully become fat adapted. After that, you manipulate the fat in your diet for your body composition needs. If you want to lose body fat, you lessen your dietary fat, if you want to put on more lean mass you up your fat. Upping your fat will not make you fat, because fat is the fuel you are using for energy. Since you are feeding your body fat, the body will release fat from the body.

After being fat adapted your two phases are :
Phase One - Mon - Friday : high fat - mod fat/ low carb
Phase Two - Sat - Sun : mod fat/ High carb

If you want a better understanding of the nutritutional science, I recommend the Anabolic Solution by Dr. Mario Di Pasquale.

I start this style of eating on Jan 16 2007, a day I will never forget. I started with the Ketogenic diet from Lyle Mcdonald but as time went on I got my greatest body composition changes following the Anabolic approach.

My starting stats on Jan 16 -
5' 11" - 305 lbs about 30% BF

My current stats on Jun 21
5' 11" - 264 lbs about 13% - 15% BF

My goal right now is to lose the remaining body fat form my frame to show some abs. I don't have a goal weight or goal bf%, it doesn't matter at this point.

So I will log my Journey Here.

DTSalvation
06-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Sounds interesting, and good luck!

Druluv75
06-21-2007, 10:50 AM
I will start with the nutritional plan:

Gironda Said "BodyBuilding is 85% Nutrition"

I totally believe that statement. Your whole journey with fat loss and muscle building is based on how well you stick to a proper nutritional plan. Again, everyone is different, so I had to find foods that really energized me. I found that steak is my favorite meal to eat, and my nutritional plan is based on this protein. One of Gironda's important points: You have to keep your body in positive nitrogen balance. This achived by ingesting protein every three hours to keep your blood-sugar level with a constant supply of protein to the muscles."

One of my core weakness, I don't eat upon rising in the morning. I wake up at 7:00 and don't eat until 10:00; not good. It always the same basic excuse of not enough time. So I have to try and fix this part of my program.

Core Basic Food Choices
In the high fat/ low carb phase:

1) Beef Steak and Ground Beef - I try my hardest to obtain my beef from farms that offer grass-fed cows. In a nutshell, grass-fed cows are more nutritious and raised heathlier. Beef from grassfed frams are natural source of Omega-3 fatty acids. And, unlike grain-fed beef, it is also high in CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), beta carotene, and vitamins A and E. Plus it tastes better than grain fed cows.
more Info: http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/grass_fed_beef_in_a_nutshell.htm

2) Eggs. They are very Inexpensive, portable and the yolks are packed with good fats and protein.

3) Wild Salmon - Every one knows that salmon fats is the best source of omega 3.

4) Cream/ Half & Half - I use in my morning coffee, and mix with my protein shake.

5) Whole Milk Cheese - I like cheddar the most

6) Veggies - I try to eat as raw as possible. I usually opt for mixed green salads.

7) Almonds - High in good fats, protein, and very low in carbs. Most of almonds carbs is fiber.

My Macro Nutrient Ratio
Falls between 65% - 40% Fat / 60% - 30% protein / 8% - 5% carbs

I limit myself to 30g to 40g of carbs. I found this works best for me. I usually eat most of my carbs at nighttime. It puts me to sleep and refill my muslces with some glyogen. I'm not here to bash carbs, carbs to me need to be controled and used at targeted times. I must say I don't use carbs after works though.

I real loose basic plan for me:

7:00am - Upon Raising
Smoke Wild Salmon
Boiled Eggs

10:00am - Snack
Boiled Eggs
half n half

AM Work Out

PWO Shake

Lunch
Green Salad / with Dressing
Beef or Fish

Snack
Almonds

PM Work Out

Dinner
Steak or Fish
Green Salad w/ croutons and dressing

Dessert
Whipped Cream / Sugar Free Jello

Meat portions and dressings are changed depending on fat loss/ Muscle gaining

Druluv75
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
My work out is basically loosely modeled off of Gironda Training Work Outs.
I took-out Back squats and flat bench presses. Back Squats build thick hips and big butts. As a man I don't want a big muscular butt. Gironda felt that woman can greatly benefit from doing back squats.

Flat Bench Press build big droopy chest, he felt that the chest should be wide slabs instead of tits. In addition, he felt regular bench presses didn't really hit the Pecs but worked more of the delts.

I plan to use 8 sets for 8 reps with 15 to 30 seconds rest with all exercises.

My Basic Plan

Chest - Mon/ Thursday (AM) I usually pick three from the list
Gironda Neck Press
Incline Neck Press
Cable Cross Overs
Cable Scoops
Flat or Incline Flyes

Triceps - Mon/ Thursday (PM) -
Triceps pull down
Triceps Kick Back
Skull Crushers

Back - Tues/ Friday AM
Barbell Rows
Seated Row
Chin ups
Lat pull down

Bicep - Tues/ Friday - PM
Drag Curl
Hammer Curl
Preacher Curl

Legs Wed - Quads
Front Squats
Leg Press
Sissy Squats
Leg extension

Legs - Wed Hamstrings
Hamstring Curl
Dead lifts
Need To find more moves

Cardio is really not that important, I feel that weight training burns more fat than cardio. Too much cardio uses up too much needed gylcogen and burns up too much muscle, and make the body into a skinny fat body. Every see ripped people on the treadmill? Its only fattys and skinny fattys.

Druluv75
06-22-2007, 06:17 AM
My supplement plan has gotten really basic from when I started.

I use a High Quality Multivitamin

Essential Amino Acids/ BCAA/ Caffeine for Pre-workouts

Custom Made Protein Blend of Casein, Whey, Whole Egg Protein - PWO

Antioxidant Supplement

Liver Tablets – every two –three hours

Creatine

Druluv75
06-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Well I got the Basics Plan Down, now its time to execute. I lost about 40 lbs from Jan. I feel that my body wants to take a rest from the low calorie dieting. So I'm moving from a cutting phase to a strength phase. I will slowly bring up my fats and protein to about 3000 - 3500 cals per day. I'm not interested in losing a lot a fat anymore. I would like to continue with my training and slowly melt the fat off while gaing more muscle. So I probably won't see a six pack until next year, which is fine with me. So I'm ending the cut phase and entering a strength phase.

Hotmoltenlava
06-22-2007, 06:45 AM
After being fat adapted your two phases are :
Phase One - Mon - Friday : high fat - mod fat/ low carb
Phase Two - Sat - Sun : mod fat/ High carb

Yep. I have followed a similar routine, following the similar phase theory of zig-zagging calories and carbs. I go 500 over maintenance, 3 days in a row with higher carbs, and then 500 under maintenance, 4 days in a row, with low carbs. I found, by results, that I was actually burning fat for the 4 days and building muscle for the 3 days a week. I have gone from 295lbs @ 35%bf and 187lbs LBM to 260lbs @ 20%bf and 204lbs LBM in 8 months time. I plan to give the Velocity Diet a go next month to quickly shed the bulk of my remaining fat. I think your diet should work. Will be interesting to see how you do. Good luck.

Have a good one.

Druluv75
06-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Current: 267lbs

Day 1

Meal 1 10:00
3 Eggs
Half n Half

Supplement
Liver Tablets
Multi-Vit

Pre Work Out 11:30
EAA/ BCAA/ Caffeine

Work Out - Time 45min
Dumbell Shoulder Press 8 X 8 (30sec rest) - 40lbs
Side Cable Lateral Rise 8 X 8 (30sec rest) - 15lbs

Practicing These Movements
Side Lateral Swing(Gironda) 2 X 8 - 5lbs
Scott Press (Gironda) 2 X 8 - 5lbs

10 Minute Incline Walk on a treadmill.
I set the Incline to 15 grade and 3.1 spd
Every Minute I up the spd by 1.

Post Work Out
1 scoop of EAA - Purple Wrath

Meal 2 -
Grilled Chicken Breast
Side Salad (Cheddar, Eggs, Alfa-Alfa, Broccoli, Croutons)
Olive Oil/ Balsmic Vingear/ French Dressing

1 1/2 hr after lunch 4 liver tablets

Meal 3
3 soft Boiled Eggs/ smoke salmon
5 crakers w/ cream cheese

Meal 4
5 crakers w/ Butter

Meal 5
Grilled Wild Salmon/ Sour Cream Dill
Large Mixed Green Salad
1/2 Avocado
Croutons
Ranch Dressing

Dessert
Bowl of Whipped Cream
Ice Cream on a Cone - covered in Chocolate and peanuts
Whole Milk

Notes:

Today I was a little under the weather. However, I was still able to get my shoulders in today. I basiclly up my carbs for today, because of how I was feeling plus to fill my reserves up.

Druluv75
06-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Yep. I have followed a similar routine, following the similar phase theory of zig-zagging calories and carbs. I go 500 over maintenance, 3 days in a row with higher carbs, and then 500 under maintenance, 4 days in a row, with low carbs. I found, by results, that I was actually burning fat for the 4 days and building muscle for the 3 days a week. I have gone from 295lbs @ 35%bf and 187lbs LBM to 260lbs @ 20%bf and 204lbs LBM in 8 months time. I plan to give the Velocity Diet a go next month to quickly shed the bulk of my remaining fat. I think your diet should work. Will be interesting to see how you do. Good luck.

Have a good one.

The zig zagging is a good idea, it keeps the body guessing. Good luck with the velocity I was tempted but I love steak too much!!!

Druluv75
06-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Jan 14 2007 - 305lbs
Jun 22 2007 - 267lbs

Meal # 1
2 Soft Boiled Egg
Wild Salmon
Cheddar Cheese

Meal # 2
Grilled Salmon
Green Salad
Ranch Dressing
Croutons

Meal # 3 - Cheat Meal w/ Carb up
Two Cheddar Cheese (grass fed beef)Burgers w/ Bun
Potatoes Chips
Corn Pops w/ Whole Milk

Meal # 4 - Cheat Meal w/ Carb up
Jrs Cheese Cake w coffe/ h & H

Notes:
I was still under the weather today, so I didn't get to work-out today. I'm feeling better now so I may workout on Sat. I usually carb-up for 36 - 48 hrs, but I found I really don't crave carbs as much as I use too. So I'll eat a couple of stuff I miss, and continue with my regular diet through the weekend.

heathershubby
06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Can you post some pics due I would love to see before and after

also you must be huge to be 260 lbs approx 13% what did you use to test this.

Anyway great log so far and I can't wait to see the results keep at it man.

Druluv75
06-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I need to start taking more pics to better chart my progression. When I started at 305 / Over 30% BF percent, I was very ashamed at the way I looked and I didn't take any pics. I got tested today, I use two fat measuring tools, the fat track has me 14.5(three point test), and accumeasure has me at 16(one point test).

We big dudes have a lot of lean mass under our fat. Is when we do our crazy cardio and crazy dieting we lose so much of our lean mass. We get fed up with our fat and we go crazy.

When I started this journey, I needed to find a better way. I needed to make a lifestyle change. I had to choose one style of diet and stick with it. I had to make a choice between High Carb/ Low Fat or High Fat/ low carb. I chose High fat/ Low Carb and cycled in 48 hrs of carb loads. So now I get the best of both worlds. I enjoy rich foods all through the week while losing weight.

I like the high fat diet, because it is very muscle sparring. Once your body adapts to using fat as a main fuel you can play with the diet anyway you want. All you have to do is decrease your dietary fat and your body will burn body fat to make up the difference. But you have to get your body fat adapted for this work really well.

chrischap01
06-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I am getting closer and closer to that kind of diet. I keep cutting out the bad stuff to get closer to a healthy diet of foods I still enjoy eating, and find that high carb stuff is the first to go. Give me a diet of steak, fish, chicken, eggs, and green vegetables all day! About the only carb-heavy foods I eat daily are oatmeal (1 bowl) and 2-4 slices of sprouted grain bread.

Druluv75
06-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I am getting closer and closer to that kind of diet. I keep cutting out the bad stuff to get closer to a healthy diet of foods I still enjoy eating, and find that high carb stuff is the first to go. Give me a diet of steak, fish, chicken, eggs, and green vegetables all day! About the only carb-heavy foods I eat daily are oatmeal (1 bowl) and 2-4 slices of sprouted grain bread.

Jump in and give it a try. Using fat as a main fuel for me has made my life, diet, and workouts so much better! Look up Dr. Mario Dipasquale, he is an expert in this type of diet or lifestyle.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/md/ana.html

cawiau
06-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Interesting....
Good Job.

I will be keeping an eye on your thread from now on.

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Starting Weight - 1/16/2007 - 305lbs
Official Weigh In - 6/22/2007 - 267lbs
Current Weight - 6/23/2007 - 267 lbs

Meal 1
3 Boiled Eggs
1 oz Cheddar Cheese
1 oz American Cheese

Meal 2
Grilled Wild Salmon topped with sour cream dill avocado dressing
Spinach Salad ( avocado, Alfalfa, Parmesan Cheese, red oinions)
Olive/ Balsamic Vinegar

Snack
Whipped Cream with Almonds

Meal 3
Two chedder Grassfed ground Beef Burgers with bun

Meal 4
Barbeque Ribs
1 hamburger roll

Snack

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Work Out 30 Min
6 sets of Front Squats - 30 rest - 15 - 20 reps per set
5 sets of Hack Squats - 30 rest

Notes:

I had really crappy work out. I wanted to raise my metabolic rate up higher, so I felt that high reps squats would help. I started to do some front squats with light weights, and at about my sixth set I feel a muscle cramp in my back. I couldn't hold the weight on my delts with the pain so I had to stop doing my squats. The pain shorten my work out. I was able to grind out some sets of Hacks, but I wanted to focus on the front squats. So I had to shut it down early in my workout; however I was still able to get a good 30 min work out.

With the diet:
I have been dieting for over six months month and I felt my body was slowing down with the fat loss. I needed to recharge my my diet and metabolic rate so I can continue with more fat loss. If I can do it right, I will add more muscle and may be lose a couple pounds of fat during my recharge. But the main point of this phase is to reset and raise my metabolic rate through diet and weight training.

I'm trying to find another way of burning calories with out using cardio. For me cardio is just of waste of time. The results don't match the effort. In addition, cardio is very energy draining to me. I want to incorporate some sort of circuit routine after doing my weight training. I will pick an excercise for each mucle group and do one set for 12 reps for each muscle group. As I get better I will do the multiple sets of the whole circuit without resting. I'll see how this works and report my experience with it.

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Current Weight - 6/24/2007 - 267 lbs

Meal 1
Cream w/ coffee

Meal 2
Grilled Wild Salmon topped with sour cream dill avocado dressing
Spinach Salad (Alfalfa, Parmesan Cheese, red onions)
Olive/ Balsamic Vinegar

Meal 3
4 Boiled Eggs

Snack-
2oz Wild Salmon

Meal 4
Chicken Quarter
spinach Salad / Ceasar dressing(Peanut OIl, Olive Oil, Egg, Parmesan Cheese )

Snack

Notes:
Just took it easy on Sunday, Resting up for the Gym this week.

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Current Weight - 6/25/2007 - 269lbs + 2lbs

Meal # 1
Light Cream + Heavy Cream + Designer Whey
Wild Salmon

Meal # 2
2 Boiled Egg
Half N Half / Coffee

Pre Work Out
Purple Wraath - EAA/BCAA Supplement

Training: Chest

Meal #3
6oz Burger no Bun
1oz Provolone Cheese
3 strips Bacon

Inbetween Supplements
6 Liver tablets

Meal #4
Almonds

Inbetween Supplements
6 Liver tablets

PreWork Out
Purple Wraath

Training: Triceps

PWO
Liver tablets/ Purple Wraath

Meal # 5
Cheedar Cheese
3 Boiled Eggs

Notes:

I had a good diet today, I didn't take in any grains today so I felt full of energy. I was able to eat breakfast before leaving for work, so this is a step in the right direction.

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Current Weight - 6/25/2007 - 269lbs + 2lbs

Training 30 minutes
Chest: AM

Incline Dumbell Press: 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 30 sec rest - Middle chest
Gironda Neck Press: 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 30 sec rest - Upper Chest
Cable Crossover: 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 15 sec rest - Complete Chest
Dips : 2 sets/ 8 reps/ 15 sec rest

No Cardio

Triceps: PM

One Arm Tricep Cable pull down : 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 10 sec rest -
One Arm Tricep Kick Back : 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 10 sec rest -
Tricep Rope Pulldown: 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 15 sec rest -

Cardio
Full Body Circuit Training - 1 Set

Incline Walking (Set Treadmill to 15% Grade, increase speed +1 every minute) 10 min

Notes:
My training is getting much better now as my body becomes used to the shorter rests periods. I'm able to get in a lot of sets with out spending a whole day in the gym. My work out time has decrease by 20 minutes by just taking shorter rest.

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Blast from the past: Found this on the net.

Before BCAA's Before Creatine this is how it was done!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blast from the past here read and digest it a lot of good info in here and as it goes along let's see if we can design a 21 rst century shake equivalent to the this one as
"raw" eggs, Raw milk and raw creame are now illegal today. think of a good oil to add in, as well as we have omega 111 eggs and high quality milk and egg powders from true protein to blend in.

"RHEO H. BLAIR
Nutrition's Man from
the Future

Here in the 21st century our society takes great pride in the advancements a century and a half of industrialization has brought us. From cellphones to hybrid cars to ketchup squeezebottles, the benefits of modern technology have given us a certain confidence that these are the best of times.

This is especially true of the diet industry. After decades of conflicting viewpoints and allegiances to trends, nutritionists have finally reached a consensus (or as close to one as can ever be hoped for) as to the general proportions of macronutrients that constitutes a healthy diet. A high-protein, moderate-fat, low-carbohydrate diet , referred to by some as a "ketogenic diet," is the one which has ultimately shone through as a beacon of effective weight regulation in a cloudy sea of diet fads.

And, as with all of our technological advances, we have decades of progress via new and advanced research techniques to thank for our dietary discovery. After all, no one could have ever come up with a ketogenic diet way back in, say, the 1950's! Right?

Think again.

The Real "Magic" Johnson
Irvin Johnson was a young nutritionist and chemist with a desire to bring order to the chaos that was the diet industry of the early 50's. During this post-war period Johnson saw the need to formulate a nutritional gameplan that could counter the rapid emergence of prepackaged, processed foods.

By way of a combination of informed intuition and using himself as a guinea pig Johnson soon discovered that by limiting carbohydrate intake while increasing the amount of protein and fat in one's diet, bodyweight can be effectively regulated. And the best part was that, with a minor variation in the quantity of these nutrients one consumed, the diet plan could be used as effectively for weight loss as for weight gain.

The Secret Word is: "Mother"
But it wasn't just any forms of protein and fat that would do the trick.

High protein diets were already being pushed by fitness lifestyle entrepreneurs Joe Weider and Bob Hoffman who each sold soy-based powders through their respective publications. But Johnson knew that, while soy protein is the cheapest form to obtain it is not a very effective protein source because it is has a comparatively low level of the essential amino acid methionine.

He rationalized that the highest quality protein in terms of supporting human growth and well-being would be found closer to home– in mother's milk. It is the food that has been honed by millions of years of evolution to nourish newborns and carry them through their most rapid period of growth. Plus, enzymes found in milk, such as colostrum and lactoferrin, were believed to have powerful immune system-enhancing properties. Therefore human milk (or a suitable alternative) would certainly be a better protein choice than soy for his clients.

With the logistics of acquiring sufficient human milk being what it is, Johnson turned to the simplist alternative– cow's milk. Unfortunately, he would discover that cow's milk contains different ratios of the essential amino acids from human milk. To get around this deficiency he mixed dried whole egg powder with the powdered milk protein to create the first "milk and egg" protein supplement.

By the late 50's Johnson's plan had worked so successfully for so many clients that he saw the potential in taking his prouct to a wider audience. It was time for Irvin Johnson to mass market his discovery.

"R" is for Rheo
In addition to being a nutritional genius, Irvin Johnson was a discipile of the occult and a student of numerology. So, before delving into his business venture he decided to consult a professional numerologist to see if he had the numbers that would add up to success.

He did not.

According to his advisor, the letters I-R-V-I-N J-O-H-N-S-O-N just wouldn't do for a prospective businessman. For one thing, there weren't the right number of letters. For another, there needed to be more "R's." The result? Rheo H. Blair, a couture designer-sounding name that would soon be visible on protein canisters and dessicated liver tablet bottles across the North American continent.

The Proof is in the Pudding
As Rheo Blair products began to fill the shelves of health food stores his reputation as a nutritional miracle man grew. Stories abounded of the amazing physical transformations he performed on hundreds of "hopeless cases," regularly turning 97-pound weaklings into strapping men by way of a pudding-like mix of his protein powder and heavy cream and a vigorous volume-based weight training routine.

In one amazing example Blair personally coached a scrawny 15-year-old boy at the request of his father, who wanted his son to know the confidence that comes from being brawny.

The boy was brought to Blair weighing in at 99 pounds. Blair immediately put him on a six-meal-a-day plan (bucking the conventional diet scheme of three-a-day) with meals consisting of either his pudding shake or red meat and vegetables. He forbade the boy to eat fruit of any kind on the grounds that it consists of "empty" calories and that its high sugar content causes spikes and drops in insulin levels.

By the time the boy left the Blair compound he weighed in at a heavily muscled 150 pounds– a 51 lb. increase in just three months [Iron Man, Dec. 67/Jan.68]!

Similar results were being reported by even advanced bodybuilders on the Blair system. In an article in the May 1967 issue of Iron Man magazine a bodybuilder wrote, 'After being on Rheo's program for only three weeks, I made more gains than I had in the past six years. I put almost a half-inch on my arms. And after two months I [put on] almost 20 pounds [of pure muscle]."

Soon bodybuilding pros who could receive endless supplies of Weider and Hoffman products were paying regular visits to Blair and buying his supplements. Frank Zane, Dave Draper, Lou Ferrigno and Arnold Schwarzenegger all "secretly" used Blair's powder while promoting Weider's version.
Larry Scott and Vince Gironda
photo: larryscott.com

Bodybuilding guru Vince Gironda was a particularly strong supporter of Blair's methods and insisted use of Rheo Blair products by all the pupils at hisHollywood health club which included first Mr. Olympia Larry Scott and movie stars James Garner and Clint Eastwood.

The Hollywood Connection
Ever the visionary, Blair quickly realized the potential in marketing his system to the most body-conscious group of people in the world– the Hollywood set. He set up shop a few blocks from Paramount and 20th Century Fox Studios and watched the celebrity clients roll in. Among the Blair disciples were Charlton Heston, Racquel Welch, Liberace, Bruce Lee, Lawrence Welk, Penny Marshall, Cindy Williams and Regis Philbin. Through the 60's and 70's Rheo Blair was known as the nutritional advisor to the stars.

So, What Happened?
Despite his widespread successes between the early 50's and late 70's the name Rheo H. Blair is hardly recognized today by even the most experienced bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. Why the descent into near-obscurity?

Several elements coincided in the 1970's that pushed Blair's revolutionary concepts out of favor. In bodybuilding, steroids were becoming a significant factor which rendered the need to adhere to such super-strict diets as Blair's obsolete. At the other end of the spectrum, dieters were being told by everyone from the U.S. government to super jogger/health advocate Jim Fixx that fat is evil. The widely accepted ratio of protein to fat to carbs now was 20%-15%-65%– a far cry from Blair's protein- and fat-heavy system.

So, in the high-carb atmosphere of the late 1970's Rheo Blair's philosophy, and company, would meet their doom as outmoded relics of an age before our dietary "enlightenment."

What Comes Around...
Fast forward to 2002. It's impossible to pick up a single health-related periodical without seeing mention of one of the numerous low-carb diets that are being touted by everyone from Dr. Atkins to Dr. Barry Sears (creator of the Zone diet). Natural bodybuilders are embracing the high protein, high fat strategy to remain muscular and lean throughout the year. Even supplement companies, such as Musclelinc, are creating protein powder formulations that replicate the one created by young Irvin Johnson fifty years ago.

In retrospect, it seems that all of the "experts" in the nutrition field might have done us a great service by trusting the visionary nutritionist with exactly ten letters and two "R"s in his name from the start."

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Then the diet.
"VINCE GIRONDA’S "HORMONE PRECURSOR DIET" FOR MUSCLE BUILD-UP
Gironda recommended this diet for four to six weeks, followed by a mostly vegetarian "alkalinizing" diet.

Breakfast
Vince’s special protein drink made of 12 oz half and half, 12 raw eggs, 1/3 cup milk-and-egg protein powder, 1 banana. (Make one to three mixtures of this formula and drink throughout the day, between meals, and before retiring)

Supplements

1 multi-vitamin tablet 3 vitamin A and D tablets or 3 halibut oil capsules 1 vitamin B complex
1 vitamin B-15 tablet 1 vitamin C comlex (300 mg) 2 vitamin E capsules (800 iu)
1 zinc tablet 1 chelated mineral tablets 5 alfalfa tablets
10 kelp tablets 3 tri-germ and wheat germ oil capsules 1 RNA/DNA tablet
3 Lysine tablets
(400 mg) 1 hydrochloric acid tablet
(before meal)
3 digestive enzyme tablets (after meal) 3 multi-glandular tablets
(nucleo glan male or female)

Lunch
1 pound hamburger or other meat
Mixed greeen salad or raw vegetables

Supplements
1 iron tablet
4 calcium tablets
Repeat of breakfast vitamins with omission of vitamin E, tri-germ, wheat germ, halibut oil

Dinner
1 to 2 pound steak or roast meat
Raw or steamed vegetables or salad and cottage cheese

Supplements
Same as lunch

Special Supplements
10 amino acids and desiccated liver tablets (every 3 hours) 5 yeast tablets with the protein drink

4 raw orchic tissue tablets (before and after workouts)

6 each of the following before retiring: arginine, ortithine, tryptophan, calcium tablets"

Druluv75
06-26-2007, 08:37 AM
In a effort to better my nutritional approach, I wanted to revisit my supplementation plan. I need a supplementation plan to cover all of my basic metabolic needs plus help with any goals I'm trying to accomplish.

My Core Supplementation Plan

1) Multi-vitamin
The Metabolic Diets MVM is the best one for me. Its pack with all of the basic vitamins and minerals I need, plus it has amino acids, Glutamine peptides, Choline, Inositol, and other beneficial compounds help burn fat of the frame.

2) Antioxidant
Antioxidant is very weird product, now the body does need these compounds, but there is really no standard product. I use syntax Redox. Is pack with R-ALA, Green Tea Extract, and other cool compounds. I use it mostly for its ALA and Green tea Extract.

3) EFA - Probably one of the most important supplements needed for the body. Look for UDO's or nature's sun or any EFA product that is sold into the refrigerator. Good EFA's don't really have a good shelf life and should refrigerated.

4) Then you have your loose vitamins and minerals, Vita-C, Vita-E, Calcium. There are host of others, I would pick them as needed.

My PreWork Out Supplementation Plan-

Purple Wraath - EAA/BCAA Supplement - My workout got better by using EAA/BCAA Supplement. There is just too much documentation proving that using EAA/BCAAs is better than using just whey alone.

BCAA BOOST - BCAA/ Amino Drink - This product is sold by True Protein. This product is pack with BCAA and has Acetyl Carnitine, Tyrosine, Taurine, Green tea, and caffeine.

My Post Work Out - Right After Training
Purple Wraath - EAA/BCAA Supplement - My workout got better by using EAA/BCAA Supplement. There is just too much documentation proving that using EAA/BCAAs is better than using just whey alone.

Desiccated Liver Tablets - The return of the horse pill. A natural source of A,C,D,E,K, Famly of B, Copper, Zinc, Chromium, Selenium, Calcium, heme iron, and protein; how can you not use it. Vince Gironda felt that liver tablets also was a good blood builder, and every bodybuilder should use it as part of their plan. I also take this suplement between meals to keep the body in positive nitrogen balance.

Creatine

Between Meal Supplementation
Full spectrum Aminos Made from Milk and Eggs
Desiccated Liver Tablets

My goal is to make a solid work out drink. Using protein, BCAAs, and Glutamine peptides.

Druluv75
06-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Current Weight - 6/25/2007 - 267lbs + 0lbs

Meal # 1
Designer Whey + tbls Fish Oil

Meal # 2
3 Boiled Egg
Half N Half / Coffee

In-between Supplements
6 Liver tablets

Pre Work Out

Training: Back

Meal #3
6oz Burger no Bun
1oz Natural Cheese
3 strips Bacon

In-between Supplements
6 Liver tablets

Meal #4
Almonds

In-between Supplements
6 Liver tablets

PreWork Out
Purple Wraath

Training: Biceps

PWO

Meal # 5
8-9oz Grass-Fed Rib eye Steaks
Large Spinach Salad
1/2 Hass Avocado
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Balsamic/ Olive Oil Dressing

Notes:

Another solid day this week. So far two days in a row I had breakfast, so I'm accomplishing my mini-goals for the week. Because I'm on a high fat diet for most of the week, I have to start making changes in the types of oils that I'm using. I noticed that vegatable oils, and canola oils are bad for the body. Also, most mayos and salad dressings are made from these bad oils, so I started making my own mayo & salad dressing with olive oil and omega-3 eggs.

Druluv75
06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Current Weight - 6/26/2007 - 267lbs + 0lbs

Training 30 minutes
Back
Bar Bell Rows: 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 30 sec rest
Weight Assist Pull ups: 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 30 sec rest
Seated Cable Row: 4 sets/ 8 reps/ 15 sec rest

Cardio
Full Body Circuit Set - 1 set all exercises 12 reps
Incline Walking (Set Treadmill to 15% Grade + 3.1 spd, increase speed +1 every minute) 10 min

Biceps: PM

Drag Bicep Curl : 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 30 sec rest -
Hammer Bi cep curl : 8 sets/ 8 reps/ 30 sec rest -
Seated Barbell Curl: 3 sets/ 8 reps/ 15 sec rest -

No Cardio

Notes: Pretty Good Work Out Today, I increase my Barbell rows by 5lbs. Its always a good day when you stick to your plan diet and work out schedule.

I'm really working hard to widen my lats because of my thick middle section, Wide lats will make my mid section look smaller in comparsion to my back.

Druluv75
06-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Starting Body Weight - 1/16/2007 - 305lbs
Lowest Body Weight - 6/15/2007 - 264lbs
Weekly Weigh In - 6/22/2007 - 267lbs
Current Weight - 6/25/2007 - 265lbs +1lbs

Meal # 1
Smoked Salmon
Spinach Salad
Home Made Dressing (Olive Oil, Peanut Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Mustard)

Meal # 2
4 Boiled Egg
8 0z Half N Half / Coffee

In-between Supplements
6 Liver tablets

Pre Work Out

Training: Quads

Meal #3
6oz Burger no Bun
1oz Natural Cheese
3 strips Bacon
Mixed Green Salad( Spinach, Mixed Lettuce, Alfalfa, Cheddar Cheese, 2 eggs)
Home Made Dressing( Olive Oil, Vinegar, Mustard)
In-between Supplements
6 Liver tablets

Meal #4
Almonds

In-between Supplements
6 Liver tablets

PreWork Out
Purple Wraath

Training: Hamstrings/ Lower Back

PWO

Meal # 5
4oz Grass-Fed Rib eye Steaks
Large Spinach Salad (1/2 Hass Avocado, Red onions, Parmesan Cheese)
Homemade Dressing Balsamic/ Olive Oil Dressing

Notes:

Since making my own dressings, I find that it tastes way better than store bought dressing. I got the recipe from wolfgang puck's cook book. This dude can cook his ass off.
I also wonder, how do they keep mayo that is made with eggs on the shelf? When I make my own mayo I can't put mine's on the self. Go figure. Well today's diet was on point again. I kept fats high and protein at a moderate level. I'm starting to notice, I don't need as much protien as I thought before. I'm also looking into taking aminos right after I wake up in the morning, then have a small breakfast after. This should make mornings easier.
Work smarter not harder!

Druluv75
06-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Work Out -

Starting Body Weight - 1/16/2007 - 305lbs BF% very aprox - 30% -fat track caliper
Lowest Body Weight - 6/15/2007 - 264lbs BF% very aprox - 16% -fat track caliper
Weekly Weigh In - 6/22/2007 - 267lbs
Current Weight - 6/25/2007 - 265lbs +1lbs

AM Quad -
Front Squats - 8- 9sets - 12- 15 reps 30 - 45 sec rests
Leg Press - 8sets/ 8 reps 30 sec rest

Cardio
Full Body Circuit Set - 1 set all exercises 12 reps
Incline Walking (Set Treadmill to 15% Grade & 3.1 spd, increase speed +1 every minute) 10 min

PM Hamstrings/ Lower Back
Hamstring Curls 8 sets/ 8 reps
Stiff Legged Dead Lift - 6sets/ 8 reps

Training Notes -
Today was basically my metabolism work out. I feel that barbell squats work the whole body and pumps up the metabolism. You need to keep metabolism humming while dieting. Most feel cardio will keep metabolism humming, but it's in my opinion that long bouts of cardio is a waste of time. It work when I was 305lbs, but I wasn't exercising at that weight. The body easily drop the weight then, but halted after a month. I did all kinds of marathon sessions, but it didn't do anything but drain my body of energy and I probadly left some muscle on the treadmill too. I find that the body is an incredible adaptable entity. Anything you give it, it will adapt too. My greatest body changes came with increasing training density. It basically more sets and reps in less time; Vince Gironda called it the overload principle.

Note on BF% - I know I stated that I was between 13 - 15%, but I notice as I lose more fat around my stomach, I can take better measurements with my caliper. Though I'm not to concern with measurements, I do use it as tracking instrument. The true measurement is taking pictures and looking in the mirror. Dieting causes so much changes in your body, so scale weight and BF measurement is not that accurate in indicating any minor fat loss. The more fat you lose, the more your body will try and keep what remaining fat you have left. That's why I eat a high fat diet, I'm try to trick the body into releasing body fat by eating more dietary fat. I'm basically telling the body that there is ample amount of fat available, so its ok to burn body fat.

Druluv75
06-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Starting Body Weight - 1/16/2007 - 305lbs BF% very aprox - 30% -fat track caliper
Weekly Weigh In - 6/29/2007 - 265lbs
Current Weight - 6/29/2007 - 265lbs

Diet - Lacto-Vegetarian Variant

meal #1
small piece of smoke wild salmon
Raw Spinach

Meal #2
10oz Half n Half
4 Boiled Eggs

PreWork Out
Purple Wraath - EAA/BCAA

Training - Chest

Post Work Out
Purple Wraath - EAA/BCAA
6 Liver Tablets

Meal #3
Large Salad (Eggs, Carrots, Alfalfa, bean sprouts, Beets, lettuce, spinach, squash, cheddar cheese, broccoli, etc)

In between supplements
Liver tables/ Amino Acid Tabs

Meal #4
Almonds

PreWork Out 2
Purple Wraath - EAA/BCAA

Training - Shoulders

Post Work Out 2
Purple Wraath - EAA/BCAA
6 Liver Tablets

Meal # 5
Large Salad (Eggs, Carrots, Alfalfa, bean sprouts, Beets, lettuce, spinach, squash, cheddar cheese, broccoli, etc)

Notes: Today I mostly elimated meat & seafood for the day. I wanted to give my digestion system a break from these types of protein for the day. Also the roughage will help to clean some of the gunk build up in the coIon. I held pretty good but I did have little piece of salmon for breakfast. Even with the lowered protein for the day, I still had two good training sessions. So I may make this a part of the weekly diet plan.

Druluv75
06-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Weekly Weigh In - 6/28/2007 - 265lbs
Current Weight - 6/28/2007 - 265lbs

Training AM - Chest

Cable Crossover/ Hammer Strength Incline Press Compound - 4sets/ 30sec rest
Cable Chest Swoops 4 sets/ 30 sec
Decline Press - 4 set/ 30 sec
Dips 2 sets/ 30 sec rest

Cardio
Incline Walking (Set Treadmill to 15% Grade + 3.2 spd, increase speed +1 every minute) 10

Training PM - Shoulders

Cable Shoulder Raises/ Dumbbell Shoulder Press Compound - 4sets/ 30sec rest
Seat Dumbbell raises - 4sets/ 30sec rest
Cable Front Raise - 4sets/ 30sec rest
Gironda Side Swings - 2 sets/ 30 sec rest

No Cardio

Notes: Nothing much to report. Excellent training day. I'm pretty sore from my leg training but it didn't hamper my shoulder or Chest training. Saturday is picture day, hope I made some improvements for this week. I'm pretty much happy with this weeks nutritional plan, I didn't cheat so I hope the body responds well.

Druluv75
07-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Current Weight - 7/2/2007 - 267lbs +3lbs

Meal # 1
Ground Beef Patty

Meal # 2
2 HCL Tablets
4 Boiled Egg
4 0z Half N Half / Coffee
2 Mulit - Digestive Enzymes

In-between Supplements
6 Liver tablets

Pre Work Out

Meal #3
2 HCL Tablets
6oz Grilled Chicken Breast
Sautee Squash
2 Multi - Digestive Enzymes

Meal #4
Almonds

In-between Supplements
6 Liver tablets

PreWork Out
Amino Acid Tablets
Liver Tablets
Multi-Glandular (Kidneys, Heart, Lung, Orchic) Tablets

PWO
Milk/ Half-n-Half

Meal # 5
2 HCL Tablets
4oz Grass-Fed Rib eye Steaks
Large Mixed Green Salad (Cheddar, Red onions, Parmesan Cheese)

Notes:
Well this week I'll go maintenance again, I really felt good, did not lose any weight but I feel energized. I use the July 4 for a mini-carb spike. Don't want to look like the Atkins freak at a family function. I will keep it in control though. However, the next week will be brutal again because its time to drop calories.

Supplements
I added a couple of new supplements to my journey, Nothing exciting, but I feel they are very important to my program.

HCL - Betaine Hydrochloride - For Better Digestion - "not how much you eat, how much you absorb".
Digestive Enzymes - For Better Digestion
The HCL & Digestive Enzymes is centered on making my digestion functionally properly.
Multi-Glandular Tablets - "Like Cells Nourish Like Cells" -

Druluv75
07-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Current Weight - 7/9/2007 - 269lbs +4lbs
Current BF% - 7/8/2007 - ~15% -fat track 3-site test.

Meal # 1 - Upon Rising
3 - Amino Acids tablets
4 - Liver Tablets
2- Meal replacement wafers

Meal # 2
2 HCL Tablets
3 Boiled Egg
4 0z Half N Half / Coffee
2 Digestive Enzymes
1 multi-Mineral tablet

In-between Supplements
4 Liver tablets

Pre Work Out
6- Amino Acid Tablets/ 4 Liver Tablets/ 6 Multi-Glandular (Kidneys, Heart, Lung, Orchic) Tablets

Meal #3
2 HCL Tablets
3oz Grilled Chicken Breast
Green Salad (onions, spinach, Boiled egg)
2tbls olive oil

In-between Supplements
4 Liver tablets

Meal #4
2 HCL Tablets
Almonds
2oz grilled chicken breast
Digestive enzymes

In-between Supplements
4 Liver tablets

PreWork Out
Amino Acid Tablets
Liver Tablets
Multi-Glandular (Kidneys, Heart, Lung, Orchic) Tablets

PWO
Amino Acids/ liver tablets/ Multi-Glandular (Kidneys, Heart, Lung, Orchic) Tablets

Meal # 5
2 HCL Tablets
2 Hamburger Patties
Large Mixed Green Salad

Notes:
Well today starts the low calorie phase of the diet, I'm going to cut some of the fat calories out of the diet to that the body will burn some extra body-fat (hopefully).

Supplements
I added a couple of new supplements to my journey, Nothing exciting, but I feel they are very important to my program:
Multi-Mineral Complex

Druluv75
07-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Starting Body Weight - 1/16/2007 - 305lbs :(
Lowest Body Weight - 7/25/2007 - 261lbs :)
Weekly Weigh In - 7/9/2007 - 269lbs
Current Weight - 7/26/2007 - 263lbs
Goal Weight - 11 Weeks Left - 240lbs :D

Well here is the structure of Max Definition Diet and Training.

1) A Low Calorie Protein & Fat Only Diet. No carbs in this variation/ Cals set at 1200 Cals a day.
Theory is: When you give the body dietary fat in the absence of carbs, the body will burn body fat easier. Just a theory , but I believe it.

2) Three Solid Meals a day 400 cals each - Each Meal should be equal hours away to keep blood sugars stable. In-between meals I'll use Liver Tablets and Aminos. Lots of Water to flush the toxins created when burning bodyfat

3)Wednesday and Saturdays will be a high carb meal to refill muscle with glycogen.

Training - No Cardio! _ Calories are set low already, so need to create a deficit on a treadmill. Long bouts of cardio interferes with my weight training. I'm not giving up muscle building sleep to wake up early in the morning to do cardio to lose muscle.

Weights is a basic training routine with low rest in-between sets (10 - 15sec rests)

Since starting the max definition, I lost 3lbs lower than my lowest weighin.

This is my most intense program, since starting Keto. This program is still based off Keto but a little bit more intense to get those last hard 20 pounds off.

Druluv75
07-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Lowest Body Weight - 7/25/2007 - 261lbs :)
Weekly Weigh In - 7/20/2007 - 269lbs
Current Weight - 7/27/2007 - 261lbs

So far a good week, keep to my diet to a tee!
With one leg work out left this week I should be able to hit my weekly goal of 2lbs a week.

I have been reading some interesting stuff on Intermittent fasting, and I wanted to implement this into my program. I'm only eating three meals a day so if I eat dinner earlier I can reap the benefits of

OK Mike - I didn’t expect to read this one this morning. So a couple of questions spring to mind…

1. How might IF affect muscle mass? If you are not getting your BCAAs from your food your body will cannibalize itself for the stuff. How long CAN a person refrain from protein and not sacrifice what you have? Any data on this? I feel if I undertook an IF regimen I’d lose lean tissue. I certainly don’t think an IF diet is conducive to anabolism but hey…

2. Are not these IF studies done on unhealthy, overfat subjects? I can easily see why IF would help overfat and out of shape Mary Smith or Junk food gorging Joe Anderson, but taking me for example, someone with near perfect internal health markers and bodyfat composition for a 45 year young male, could IF be detrimental?

Thanks Mike! And BTW my blog address is www.slowburn.typepad.com

Hi Fred–

I don’t think IF would affect muscle mass much at all. If you go without food for a long period of time, say, several days, your metabolic system goes after your muscle mass to convert the protein stored there into the glucose you need to keep your blood glucose normal. This doesn’t happen in the short term. All the protein structures in the body draw from and add to the amino acid pool. When muscle breaks down the individual amino acids go into the pool from where they’re harvested by the system that converts them to glucose. When new muscle is made, the amino acids used to construct the muscle protein are drawn from the amino acid pool. One of the contributors to the AA pool is enzymes that are no longer needed and junk proteins that the body is cleansing from the cells. When one is fasting, one of the group of enzymes not really needed is the group of digestive enzymes that would otherwise be employed in digesting food. These enzymes break down and their amino acids enter the AA pool where the muscle can pick them up as needed. Also, during an IF, the body goes into ketosis. I posted a few months back on how ketosis stimulates the process of cellular cleansing by removing junk proteins from the cells. The amino acids from these proteins also enter the AA pool where they can be recycled by the muscle mass. So, even though new protein isn’t coming into the body minute by minute from the diet, there is plenty of substrate there in the AA pool to last until the next meal, which is, at most, only 24 hours away.

Second, although many of these studies were done using unhealthy subjects, a number were performed on people, both healthy and unhealthy, who were fasting for religious reasons. In all cases all healthy parameters evaluated improved.

Best–

Mike

Here is a link:
http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/?p=278

Druluv75
07-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Lowest Body Weight - 7/25/2007 - 259lbs
Weekly Weigh In - 7/27/2007 - 261lbs
Current Weight - 7/28/2007 - 258lbs
Goal Weight - 11 Weeks Left - 240lbs

Keto 3 Meals a day + Intermittent fasting worked a little bit too well today. I lost 3lbs today. :) I finally made it in the 250's

chrischap01
07-30-2007, 04:55 AM
Congrats on the progress, keep up the good work!

Druluv75
07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks Chris, Hows going with you?

Druluv75
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Lowest Body Weight - 7/27/2007 - 257lbs :)
Weekly Weigh In - 7/26/2007 - 261lbs
Current Weight - 7/30/2007 - 261lbs

Diet Set Up: (Max Definition Diet aka Steak n Eggs Diet)
3 Low Calorie Keto Style Meals a day + Intermittent Fasting 16hr Fast/ 8hr eating window

It was a very exciting week for me, I have been stuck in the 260 for awhile, and I finally broke into the 250s. My goal this week is to hit 255. I added a fasting element to the diet. I like the health benefit of a intermittent fast, it burns fat plus detox the body from the toxic effects of burning body fats. The fasting hasn't effected my workouts, after doing keto for a while your body gets pretty adapted to use body fat as a fuel.

Training
So my workout are short but very intense. I'm still using a high volume approach with very little rest between sets (15sec). So my pretty much done in less than 30 min. But in this half hour, I get the benefits of a lacate acid work out, elevated heart rate, weight training.

Today was chest day (Rest Between sets was 3 - 5 deep breaths)
Neck Press Wide Grip 8sets X 8 reps
Cable Crossover 8sets X 8 Reps
Incline Dumbell Press 6set X 6reps
Gironda Wide Dips - 6sets X 6reps

Supplements - I added hot rox extreme

Druluv75
07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Lowest Body Weight - 7/27/2007 - 257lbs
Current Weight - 7/31/2007 - 259lbs

Diet Set Up: (Max Definition Diet aka Steak n Eggs Diet) Max Calories:1200 Calories
3 Low Calorie Keto Style Meals a day + Intermittent Fasting 16hr Fast/ 8hr eating window

Notes

Breakfast -
Boiled Egg
Half N Half

Lunch
Broiled Pollack w butter
Steamed Broccoli

Dinner
Salmon Sushi, no rice

Diet was on point today. The low calorie portion is not fun but, I never knew of any fun diet. Even though its tough , I'm happy that I still adhere to it though. Well this weeks goal is 255, So I hope the body hooks me up this week. I really have to pat myself on the back, I started this journey in January, and I'm still going strong. I never thought I could make it this far. I know I have a long way to go , but I learned a lot about myself on this journey.

Training -
I hurt my back doing dead lifts over the weekend so I was in a little pain, but I made sure not reinjury myself while working back today. However, my workout was intense today,

(Rest Between sets was 3 - 5 deep breaths)
Lat pull down - 10sets X 8reps
Cable Row - 8sets X 8reps
pull ups - 6sets X 6reps
Iso _back - 6sets X 6reps

Druluv75
08-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Lowest Body Weight - 7/27/2007 - 257lbs
Current Weight - 8/1/2007 - 258lbs

Diet Set Up: (Max Definition Diet aka Steak n Eggs Diet) Max Calories:1200 Calories

Meal # 1
2 Fried Eggs/ Chedder/ Bacon
cream

Meal #2
Ground Beef/ Chedder/ sour cream

Since I didn't train in both sessions, I extended my Intermittent Fast to 20 hours. So far the fasting hasn't disrupted my workouts, if anything I'm more focus when training, plus I don't do any cardio anymore, so this could also be the reason I have more energy.

Training Legs
Since hurting my back, I knew I had to take it easy but I still got a pretty good workout.

(Rest Between sets was 3 - 5 deep breaths)
Hack Squats - 8sets X 8reps
Leg Extensions - 8sets X 8reps
Leg Curls - 8sets X 8reps
seated Calf Raise - 3 X 20
Ab - Frog Sit-up - 8sets X 8reps
Ab - Crunches - 8sets X 8reps

Druluv75
08-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Lowest Body Weight - 7/27/2007 - 253lbs
Weekly Weigh In - 8/03/2007 - 256lbs
Current Weight - 8/07/2007 - 253lbs

Caught another -3lb today! :)

Time for a carb load to reset levels again!

chrischap01
08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks Chris, Hows going with you?
sorry, I just noticed this when I was getting caught up on your journal...

I have been on vacation, and I back-tracked a little but not too much. I got back to the gym today (went on Friday too, actually), and I will start back on the diet tomorrow. I am going to have oats for breakfast after my workouts tomorrow through Friday, but otherwise I will be back on a keto plan and next week I will be fully back on keto, breakfast included.

Druluv75
08-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Lowest Body Weight - 7/27/2007 - 251lbs
Weekly Weigh In - 8/24/2007 - 254lbs
Current Weight - 8/29/2007 - 251lbs
Goal Weight - 8 Weeks Left - 240lbs
Body Fat - 17.5%

Diet Set Up: (Max Definition Diet aka Steak n Eggs Diet) Max Calories:When I'm Not Hungry.

So far so good. I have had a good steady pace of fat burning, not as fast as a wished but I'm still losing body fat. I have lost another 2lbs, and hoping to get to 250lbs by the end of this week. So another 11lbs to go.

This week is my rest week, I'm now using a 3 week training, and 1 week off training protocol to make sure my body gets proper rest.

I changed my max calories. I basically eat until I'm just full, my body will tell me if I'm stuff, or need more food. Since I eat only protein and fat I will not gain any body fat, but I will gain some muscle. So on days that I over eat I should be greeted with some new beef.

My diet hasn't really changed, but my week end carb ups are getting smaller. I really lost the taste for most carbohydrates now. So carb ups are not really that fun anymore. I still love Mcdonald frys, ice snickers bar, and popcorn. So carb ups are pretty lame.

jklv
08-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey man, I totally agree with you on the core basis, you have to look for your own diet, because diets are generalized. Also I remeber when I started, the trainer told me this too "Bodybuilding is 80% diet, all that hardwork at the gym is the easy part. Try keeping up with a diet, that is the hard part".

Take care