PDA

View Full Version : The two types of protein : Casein and ???

Mansewerz
06-20-2007, 09:12 PM
What is the other type of protein called? thanks

Kung-fusion
06-20-2007, 09:13 PM
if you're talking milk proteins, then "whey"

but there are many more types of protein--e.g. the various animal proteins, egg protein, soy protein, nut proteins...

EDIT: LOL, I just saw how many posts you have. And I thought you were serious...

Mansewerz
06-20-2007, 09:21 PM
lol, I am serious cuz I forgot, i usually just eat my food mainly for calories and nutritional value, the basics. i'm bulking

Mansewerz
06-20-2007, 09:28 PM
bump

SaintPatty
06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Just remember the nursery rhyme...

Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet,
Eating her curds (casein) and whey.

Little Miss Muffet was no sissy

kieltyka34
06-20-2007, 09:32 PM
im pretty sure the only two you're thinking of are casein and whey as they are made from milk and sold as such....

otherwise protein is just protein, amino acids (at least if were talking food) and different animals, greens, legumes, seeds have different amounts of amino acids and some are incomplete proteins, lacking an amino acid..

sgermann
06-20-2007, 10:46 PM
im pretty sure the only two you're thinking of are casein and whey as they are made from milk and sold as such....

otherwise protein is just protein, amino acids (at least if were talking food) and different animals, greens, legumes, seeds have different amounts of amino acids and some are incomplete proteins, lacking an amino acid..

Very true, but the fact that a protein is incomplete does not always mean it can't be used by your body. For example, eating corn and beans together, since both contain incomplete proteins "complete" the protein by compensating for each other's lack of one or more amino acids.

Mansewerz
06-21-2007, 09:30 AM

thats what i'm looking for reps!

Sibrek
06-21-2007, 09:51 AM
haha yeah this used to confuse me too,

but the two milk proteins are whey and casein. obviously whey is quick digesting, vs slow digesting casein

then you have your plant proteins...soy, beans, animal proteins, egg protein(the only completete BCAA profile i believe)

Sibrek
06-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Very true, but the fact that a protein is incomplete does not always mean it can't be used by your body. For example, eating corn and beans together, since both contain incomplete proteins "complete" the protein by compensating for each other's lack of one or more amino acids.

also, many people try to go crazy combining bcaa's, for example eating whole grains with legumes to complete the combination, when in reality if you ate either or within the past like...day, your body will have the BCAAs to combine