PDA

View Full Version : Acne from working eating habits?

randyrandal
06-20-2007, 12:20 PM
What do you think about this? Here is an interesting article which says that acne comes from eating the wrong things and it also blames animal protein. :eek:

http://www.dr-schnitzer.de/acne.html

Animal protein makes the skin hard and rigid ...

Animal protein (from meat, sausages, steaks, hamburgers, ham, bacon, fish, egg, milk and milk products, in most cases accompanied by unfavorable fats) contribute to a hardening process of tissues and cell membranes (example: arteriosclerosis). The skin too becomes harder, less elastic, so the pores are more easily clogged by the hard, un-melted hydrogenated and animal fat. This forces the body to eliminate the accumulated fat cores by force, means by inflammation, suppuration and liquefaction of the tissues around it. Bacteria even are welcome in this situation, accelerating the elimination.

Hydrogenated (=hardened) fats and animal fats clog the pores ...

It depends essentially on the properties of the sebum, if it accumulates in the pores of the skin or not. If it is composed from animal fat (from cattle, sheep, pork etc.) or chemically hydrogenated (hardened) plant fats, e.g. used in margarines and chocolate, its melting temperature will be above body temperature. Such sebum will get stuck in the pores. Much easier it leaves the pores, if composed from oils from seeds and their germs, which are fully liquid even below body temperature. Additionally, those vegetable oils contain considerable quantities of highly unsaturated fatty acids, supporting the efficient supply of all cells of the body and brain with oxygen.

Richie_Awesome
06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I eat 4 oz chicken, half a gallon of skim milk, and 6 eggs every day and I don't have acne.

Wash your face with soap a few times a day.

*edit* Are you only talking about trans fat? Because that might clog the skin.

randyrandal
06-20-2007, 12:54 PM
No, not really trans fats.
But do you mean that when you eat trans fats then the fat actually gets through your skin and then clogs it? :eek:
Is the fat which the skin puts out the fat which we eat?

Want2BeStrong
06-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I find that my pimples are usually caused by some combination of the following:

1. not drinking enough water
2. not cleaning my face enough
3. touching my face too much

I also find that sweating a lot helps to clean out my skin. Washes all the junk out or something :)

Richie_Awesome
06-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I find that my pimples are usually caused by some combination of the following:

1. not drinking enough water
2. not cleaning my face enough
3. touching my face too much

I also find that sweating a lot helps to clean out my skin. Washes all the junk out or something :)

ahh! grr, when you said that, I touched my face lol...gonna get acne!

clintwinz
06-20-2007, 01:25 PM
i dont get them as bad anymore and i worked out when i was still going through puberty and got them its just a growth thing you will grow out of it eventually

Richie_Awesome
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
i dont get them as bad anymore and i worked out when i was still going through puberty and got them its just a growth thing you will grow out of it eventually

Want2BeStrong is 23....

randyrandal
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
but what about acne in the back? what do you do when the skin is simply too thick and clogs the pores of the skin?

dudecow
06-20-2007, 03:32 PM
shower with a loofah on a stick. I sweat alot and got back acne but when my wife made me start using a loofah acne cleared right up. plus I shower right after a workout so the sweat dosnt clog the pours.

randyrandal
06-20-2007, 04:42 PM
good idea.
recently i was swimming and they had those really strong horizontal massage pipes in the pool and I stood before it with my back and got a back massage, it felt really good. and later when i got dressed and looked in the mirror i saw dozens of tiny white spots over my whole upper back! i don't know what this is but it doesn't look like pimples. I tried to pop them but it didn't work but there are dozens of tiny white elevated spots in my whole upper back. i don't know what this is. maybe it's sebum under the skin which cannot come out. i don't know but it seems as if the water massage at least got me rid of excessive layers of back skin. i think i will do this more often now. my dermatologist also offered me to send me to his cosmetician to get treatments with some sort of acid but i dont think this will really be a success. i mean the problem is that i simply have too thick skin. too many layers of skin. and even if they use acid to burn it off then will it not simply come back in no time?