PDA

View Full Version : eggs and nuts Q's

odh2507
09-07-2004, 10:03 AM
now i know that eggs are good for the protein but also have cholesterol...in magazines i read that u should only eat the eggwhites...cause the cholesterol is in the yellow part..is that true?? plz tell me!! and also how iam supposed to eat it (put it into a protein shake?) and also how many egewhites a day!!!

and nuts as well they are good for ya but are fatty...so what kind of nuts should i eat and what kind of amount a day??

plz help me..

mondesi02
09-07-2004, 01:09 PM
1. I would suggest cooking them.
2. Walnuts, Almonds, Peanuts

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/eggs.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitoils.htm

gotilgone
09-07-2004, 01:46 PM
6 egg whites in one sitting!!! you know how much that would eventually cost a guy? anybody got the hook-up on eggs?...or should i just buy a chicken?

mondesi02
09-07-2004, 01:51 PM
6 egg whites in one sitting!!! you know how much that would eventually cost a guy? anybody got the hook-up on eggs?...or should i just buy a chicken?

..maybe it is best to just by a Egg Mcmuffin?

Eggs are so cheap, - a dozen is on a few dollars.

zackmurphy
09-07-2004, 02:21 PM
now i know that eggs are good for the protein but also have cholesterol...in magazines i read that u should only eat the eggwhites...cause the cholesterol is in the yellow part..is that true?? plz tell me!! and also how iam supposed to eat it (put it into a protein shake?) and also how many egewhites a day!!!
egg whites = pure protein
egg yolks = some protein, mostly good fats, some good nutrients

If you're cooking some eggs, you can very easily do mostly whites with one yolk and get some benefit from both. The yolks aren't all bad, though, so just have them in moderation. I find that 4 eggs (with only one yolk), is fine tasting. And if you have some veggies to include, having all whites (scrambled) is fine. You'll figure out what ratios taste good to you.

I'd rather you not add raw egg to a shake, but there's really no harm in a single egg white. Not a big deal.

and nuts as well they are good for ya but are fatty...so what kind of nuts should i eat and what kind of amount a day??
Almonds, walnuts, peanuts, in that order, are pretty good. Good fats, some protein, very filling.

Avoid cashews and macadamia nuts.

And naturally, only the non-salted, non-roasted. You want to avoid the nuts that have gone through any processing

odh2507
09-07-2004, 08:12 PM
hey cool..thanks yall i will do that i really appreciate u guys answering me so fast.....THANK YOU!!!