PDA

View Full Version : Define bulking

Buildin Muscle
06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Stupied simple question - what is bulking?
Is it eating lots of food to put on weight (be it fat or muscle).
Or is it about building muscle?

zarg02
06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Well in the strictest sense of the word its 'trying to gain weight.' There are plenty of different ways to go about it, with varying degrees of fat:muscle gains. Some people eat everything, be it a cheese burger or a chicken breast and just try and gain as much as fast as they can, while others are much more careful and slowly gain lean mass over time, requiring very little cutting at the end but taking much longer.

I'm about in the middle ground. I bulk to gain muscle and mainly do it cleanly, but if its between a few slices of pizza and no food for a few hours, I'm eating the pizza. After I'm done, a few months of cutting with a careful diet will land me where I want to be.

djansen
06-19-2007, 10:43 AM
bulking means that you are eating in caloric surplus (take in more cals than you burn off) to gain muscle. most gain some fat as well but you can limit fat gains by diet and cardio.

bbdude1988
06-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Well in the strictest sense of the word its 'trying to gain weight.' There are plenty of different ways to go about it, with varying degrees of fat:muscle gains. Some people eat everything, be it a cheese burger or a chicken breast and just try and gain as much as fast as they can, while others are much more careful and slowly gain lean mass over time, requiring very little cutting at the end but taking much longer.

I'm about in the middle ground. I bulk to gain muscle and mainly do it cleanly, but if its between a few slices of pizza and no food for a few hours, I'm eating the pizza. After I'm done, a few months of cutting with a careful diet will land me where I want to be.

Well said, my friend