PDA

View Full Version : BSN Customer service......Silence

rsw1
06-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Well, I guess BSN has shown their true colors. At least to me.

I just purchased my 6th keg of Syntha-6, and realized this particular "batch" won't mix at all. No matter how much you stir it, it clumps and floats to the top.

Never had this problem with Syntha 6. Of the many things I like about it, it tastes great and always mixed great.

So............I wrote BSN's customer service department. Asked if perhaps I got a bad batch, or what if anything I should do.

Anyway, I got a confirmation e-mail from BSN that they'd recieved my inquiry. It went on to say I'd get a response within 2 days. That was 10 days ago.

Unfortunately, I've run into this before. The last time it was ON.

If there's one thing I can't/won't tolerate is poor or non-existent customer service. So.......it's on to a new product line.

Perhaps to some this may seem drastic, but I vote with my wallet. We all pay a lot for these products and should expect responsiveness from these companies.

Your thoughts?

dr_D
06-19-2007, 06:00 AM
I think you have to take it up with the store you got it from, unless you got it straight from the manufacturer

rsw1
06-19-2007, 06:06 AM
I think you have to take it up with the store you got it from, unless you got it straight from the manufacturer

Yeah, I thought about that, but there's nothing really "wrong" with it per se. It tastes fine, just won't mix....and chances are, the store I got it from still have the same lot in stock.

I just wanted the manufacturer to weigh in on it. Perhaps they're aware of the problem (or not).

Recklessbat
06-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Try calling BSN - their number's 18776733727. I had an issue with NO Xplode because I'm allergic to nuts and never would have thought that it would have been manufactured on peanut-producing equipment. Anyway, I called yesterday to check the validity of the allergen warning and found them to be quick, easy to talk to, and very helpful. Hope that helps!

rsw1
06-19-2007, 06:20 AM
Try calling BSN - their number's 18776733727. I had an issue with NO Xplode because I'm allergic to nuts and never would have thought that it would have been manufactured on peanut-producing equipment. Anyway, I called yesterday to check the validity of the allergen warning and found them to be quick, easy to talk to, and very helpful. Hope that helps!

That's a good idea. Thanks for the #. Interesting what you said about NO Xplode too. I can't drink it. Always makes me feel bad (and I have mild nut allergies too).

Recklessbat
06-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Ya I was shocked, honestly - and I was a little pissed that bb.com didn't have allergen info up on the site BEFORE I ordered it. Luckily they're good about returns, but who woulda thought?!

Big_Spaz
06-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Do some of their protein bars have nuts in them?

I'm just trying to figure out how the cross-contamination would occur with NO-Xplode.

-Spaz

JHICKS3301
06-19-2007, 06:45 AM
I would take it up with your supplier rather than BSN

Recklessbat
06-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Do some of their protein bars have nuts in them?

I'm just trying to figure out how the cross-contamination would occur with NO-Xplode.

I have to avoid protein bars altogether - pretty much every bar company has some sort of peanut-flavored one out there and thus cross-contamination is rampant among every brand. It creates a helluva hassle when you want a quick, protein-filled meal. As far as Xplode goes, I have absolutely NO idea how cross-contamination would occur - I can't imagine them using a protein bar plant as the same place to manufacture powder products, which is why I was confused. When I called BSN, though, they said that the allergen information was legit and that they recommended avoiding it. It's really weird, honestly.

Flex500
06-19-2007, 07:01 AM
Well, I guess BSN has shown their true colors. At least to me.

I just purchased my 6th keg of Syntha-6, and realized this particular "batch" won't mix at all. No matter how much you stir it, it clumps and floats to the top.

Never had this problem with Syntha 6. Of the many things I like about it, it tastes great and always mixed great.

So............I wrote BSN's customer service department. Asked if perhaps I got a bad batch, or what if anything I should do.

Anyway, I got a confirmation e-mail from BSN that they'd recieved my inquiry. It went on to say I'd get a response within 2 days. That was 10 days ago.

Unfortunately, I've run into this before. The last time it was ON.

If there's one thing I can't/won't tolerate is poor or non-existent customer service. So.......it's on to a new product line.

Perhaps to some this may seem drastic, but I vote with my wallet. We all pay a lot for these products and should expect responsiveness from these companies.

Your thoughts?
that sucks, I'm like you though man. After that I would not buy more. However, I do urge you to call. Over the past 3 years I have returned a tub of cellmass and a tub of noxplode.

I called and they took care of it for me no problem. For the noxplode they sent me a new one. For the cellmass they called the place I got it from, took care of the entire situation for me. They made it so I could return it and they sold me one straight from them for the price I bought it for from the other vendor. They did way more than I expected.

Then again everyone has different experiences. Just like cars. Some love ford, some think they are sh*t, some love honda, some think they are sh*t.

rsw1
06-19-2007, 07:06 AM
I have to avoid protein bars altogether - pretty much every bar company has some sort of peanut-flavored one out there and thus cross-contamination is rampant among every brand. It creates a helluva hassle when you want a quick, protein-filled meal. As far as Xplode goes, I have absolutely NO idea how cross-contamination would occur - I can't imagine them using a protein bar plant as the same place to manufacture powder products, which is why I was confused. When I called BSN, though, they said that the allergen information was legit and that they recommended avoiding it. It's really weird, honestly.

I've always thought it'd be interesting to visit (tour) one of these facilities. I've been in dental product manf. facilities, beer plants, as well as potato chip facilities (don't ask.....lol), but would find it interesting to get a "behind the scenes" of BSN, ON, etc. I suppose if you live near one, it'd be easy enough.

D-Line78
06-19-2007, 07:14 AM
that sucks, I'm like you though man. After that I would not buy more. However, I do urge you to call. Over the past 3 years I have returned a tub of cellmass and a tub of noxplode.

I called and they took care of it for me no problem. For the noxplode they sent me a new one. For the cellmass they called the place I got it from, took care of the entire situation for me. They made it so I could return it and they sold me one straight from them for the price I bought it for from the other vendor. They did way more than I expected.

Then again everyone has different experiences. Just like cars. Some love ford, some think they are sh*t, some love honda, some think they are sh*t.

What was wrong with ur stuff?

rsw1
06-19-2007, 07:18 AM

Hpmf, well, called the customer service number. They suggested I get the lot# and product code from the bottle and send it in. They'd in turn forward it to their QC department. No sure where this is going, but we'll see.

Flex500
06-19-2007, 07:24 AM
What was wrong with ur stuff?
the cellmass was wet or something, it was clumpy and not right. The noxplode did not taste right. It was the correct flavor but something was way wrong with it.

Recklessbat
06-19-2007, 07:24 AM
I'd say it's a good step, at least. Quality Control is where they'd have to send it to see wtf was up with the batch in the first place, and it's not like they won't give you a refund if you're sending it into them! Good luck!

Flex500
06-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Hpmf, well, called the customer service number. They suggested I get the lot# and product code from the bottle and send it in. They'd in turn forward it to their QC department. No sure where this is going, but we'll see.
i would also call the place where you got it. Often times let's say you buy something at gnc. If you take it back because it is defective like in your case they will give you a new tub and then they will send it back to bsn, so you don't have to.

BSN took good care of me but it did take a little while. Often the easiest thing to do is take it back to where you got it.