PDA

View Full Version : When doing Full Body Workout.

InfamousAŠ
06-18-2007, 06:08 PM
When doing a full body workout routine mixed with Hiit should i do high amount of weight and little reps or little or moderate weight and lots of reps.

Tussmann57
06-18-2007, 06:26 PM
When doing a full body workout routine mixed with Hiit should i do high amount of weight and little reps or little or moderate weight and lots of reps.

why are you doing this?

InfamousAŠ
06-18-2007, 07:22 PM
thought it would be a good weight loss setup.

Monday: Full-Body Workout
Tues: Hiit (PM)
Wed: Full-Body Workout
thurs: Hiit
Fri: Full-Body Workout
Sat: Rest -probably good ammount of sports
Sun: Rest -probably good ammount of sports

2 D
06-18-2007, 07:40 PM
thought it would be a good weight loss setup.

Monday: Full-Body Workout
Tues: Hiit (PM)
Wed: Full-Body Workout
thurs: Hiit
Fri: Full-Body Workout
Sat: Rest -probably good ammount of sports
Sun: Rest -probably good ammount of sports

Similar to what I was doing, except I didn't rest 2 days a week, just 1. I also did cardio in the evening of the full-body workouts and cardio in the morning of the HIIT day.

It burned me out greatly. I just came back from a 1 week lazy-fest where I basically just took it easy in the gym, lifted once or twice the entire week, it was relatively light and took it easy on cardio, followed by 4 days of rest.

I recommend having the rest days seperated throughout the week (ideally Wednesday and then Saturday) to allow your body time to recover, especially if you follow in my foot steps. I was overtraining a rediculous amount and even partially tore some tendons/ligaments in my lower legs. Make sure you stretch a lot and get plenty of rest, always have some over-the-counter pain killers/anti-inflamitory medicine available and always have 3-4 ice bags/cold compresses in your freezer... I had to ice down my legs a rediculous amount leading up to the injury.