PDA

View Full Version : oh- really? !!!

virtualdude
06-18-2007, 08:58 AM
here is a quote from a site i found. look at point number 2

Some important facts about fat:

http://www.hooah4health.com/body/fitness/toning/default.htm

"Fat will not turn into muscle, nor muscle into fat.
Fat is only burned through aerobic exercise, not strength training.
Initial weight loss is from losing water weight.
An improper diet, or fasting, will not reduce fat stores. Instead, the body will hold onto the fat to keep functioning!"

damn- and i guess all this time i was lifting weights and losing weight- it was fat. I suppose i'll just have to quit lifting and get skinny then ;) duhhhh

Quadroplex
06-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Don't you just love absolute "facts"?

baarat
06-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Half truths. I guess a little information can be dangerous for some authors. ;)

virtualdude
06-18-2007, 09:25 AM
maybe it is "the facts of life" hahaa

god there was some crappy shows tv shows. well, some bogus fitness "facts" too LOL

jcosley
06-18-2007, 09:27 AM
This is the kind of garbage that sells diet pills. People dont know any better...one person may read that page and not do anymore research and have a bad approach to nutrition and exercise...its sad but true.

ChiefGuy
06-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Half truths. I guess a little information can be dangerous for some authors. ;)

x2

kizz100
06-18-2007, 10:30 AM
well those 'facts' cannot be ryt or at least 1 "Fat is only burned through aerobic exercise, not strength training.". i attend the gym with a friend and we both have been lifting weights and stuffing out faces yet he isnt getting fatter but thnner and his muscles are showing a little.he does not attept aerobic exercise he says quote "can't be bothered".

baarat
06-18-2007, 10:40 AM
well those 'facts' cannot be ryt or at least 1 "Fat is only burned through aerobic exercise, not strength training.". i attend the gym with a friend and we both have been lifting weights and stuffing out faces yet he isnt getting fatter but thnner and his muscles are showing a little.he does not attept aerobic exercise he says quote "can't be bothered".
Not true at all.

ChiefGuy
06-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Not true at all.

Abs are made in the kitchen.

Trimen1000
06-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Pretty funny that he says that. Resistance training uses calories. Calories must come from someplace. So basically he's saying that when you do resistance training it is impossible to draw on fat for fuel.