PDA

View Full Version : My path to Manhood - The Test of Discipline. (Improved Velocity Diet)

Mvin
06-17-2007, 09:47 PM
-Introduction-
Hi, this is an improved velocity diet/self improvement journal with a little bit more. Read the "motivation" part if you'd like to fully understand the title :)

-Motivation-
Many males today are called "men" simply because of their size and age. However, the truth is many are simply boys who grew but did not grow up.
That's right, our modern society stole most males' chances to be granted manhood. If you know anything about different societies a long time ago, boys had terrible things done to them as they were tested and were on their path to manhood. Some had to kill wild animals with just a spear, others were tortured. In every single society there was a "path to manhood". Real manhood is what many grown up boys in this society feel they want, but have an invisible barrier preventing them.

This issue is much deeper, and there's a book I recommend on it (private message me, I don't want to be "spamming" ads). Here's something I'm going to pull out of it:

Qualities of a grown up boy: Between the depressed, weak, scared to confront with low self esteem extreme, or the arrogant, cheater, manipulator, spoiled behaviour other extreme type. Between a "player" or one who is hoping a 'hot gurl' would choose him and desperate for a girlfriend (if single).

Qualities of a real man: Mature, takes responsibility for his actions, shows strength, leadership, and mentor to others. Can be trusted, and is approachable. Masculine. A source of grounding energy, disciplined, can take on challenges. A man is one who starts out as a happy single, and then CHOOSES a real relationship to fit in an already very busy and full life when he sees fit. This type of a person naturally attracts women, and women like to be around this type of guy "just because". In the later parts of his life he's a responsible father who takes good care of the family.

I am 18. I believe in self improvement, and I'm going to go on the road for real manhood. The boy in me must die.

In addition to improvements of my personality and the way I look at things (following the book's philosophies, and helping my parents financially doing fulltime school + job [I live with them, financially impossible to live alone right now, and they need support, so I will be doing that for three more years]), I have to pass two more tests.
The Test of Discipline, and the Test of Strength. I will then be granted the status of a real man.

Test of Discipline: This journal. I'm doing fulltime university this summer (planning to study hard), and in addition I will be following a strict velocity diet. NO cheat meals, NO slacking.

Test of Strength (Mental and Physical): The next journal. I will be clean bulking with NO cheat meals for half a year, working out very intensively, having a job supporting my family, studying full time in a university (entering second year) and staying an A+ student. I am also going to join a martial art school. No alcohol - did not have it until now and will not be tempted to try. I am planning to remain single, as I will most likely be way too busy for a relationship. The goal is to increase strength and stop being a "wussy".

-Starting stats-
Height: 5'11
Weight: 169 lbs
High body fat, very little muscle. I'm very weak. Time to change the bodyfat part. Fixing the little muscle/weakness comes next.

-Diet/Supplements-
I'll be using Syntrax Matrix 5.0 (18 lbs of powder down in the kitchen), and Gaspari Nutrition Cytolean. Also multivitamins.
In the morning, I'm going to eat a special Oatmeal with 12g carbs (of which 10g are dietary fibers) and 10g protein. I'll be drinking about 9 "shakes" of matrix protein. In the evening, I might be eating some tuna (just protein and healthy fats) or a protein bar. I will have a Vector Bar with carbs for post workout.
I will be getting as much sleep as I can.

Calorie range: 1300-1550

-Workout plan-
I am going to do full body compound workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
I do not know my starting weights yet, but I will figure them out the first day. I am very weak right now.

The plan is this: I'm going to do 8-12 reps (the max I should be able to do for a set - if I get to 12 I add 10% more weight) of each exercise. I will repeat the whole thing up to three times until I can't go anymore. This will give me maximum recovery time between sets. (Will possibly end up with 3 sets of heavy 8-12 reps for each exercise)

List of exercises: DB Squats, Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlifts, Single Calf Raises, Chest Presses, Rows, Lateral Raises, DB Curls, Tricep Pushdowns, Weighted Sit ups, Lower Back machine exercise, and stomach vacuums.

I will be following this for 4-5 weeks, and then changing the exercises for my next bulk journal.

I'll be doing one hour of light to moderate cardio as well every day.

Day 1 starts at June 20th, Wednesday. (3 days from now).
I will post a picture every week, including Day 1 :)

I'm motivated to pass this test. My dad will be bringing some wendy's and shawarmas and everything every day to try to break me, but I'm going to fight it and I will NOT be broken.

Mvin
06-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Reserved post. I will be editing this with summaries of every day/week, picture summary, and results summary.

skuZZitude
06-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I can't say I read your entire post but the beginning of it looked quite intriguing and I wish you the best of luck on the velocity diet.

cawiau
06-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I wish you the best kiddo....in your path to manhood.

Just make sure to hang in there, even if you fall, get back up!
Why am I saying that?
Because the ones that usually makes such a big introduction and pumped up are thes ones that disappear the quicker.
So prove me wrong!

Mvin
06-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I wish you the best kiddo....in your path to manhood.

Just make sure to hang in there, even if you fall, get back up!
Why am I saying that?
Because the ones that usually makes such a big introduction and pumped up are thes ones that disappear the quicker.
So prove me wrong!

I will prove you wrong :)

Thanks for your reply cawiau. I've been watching your log as well.

Mvin
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Day 1: Had a fiber oatmeal in the morning and up until now protein shakes. The workout was good. I had 35g of carbs post workout. So far, 1000 kcal..
I then had 30 mins of low intensity cardio, 100 kcal burnt

I'll update with pics later today

cawiau
06-20-2007, 03:36 PM
I will prove you wrong :)

Thanks for your reply cawiau. I've been watching your log as well.

Do that bro, prove me wrong.
I want you to prove me wrong :)

cawiau
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Day 1: Had a fiber oatmeal in the morning and up until now protein shakes.

Maybe I missed it but are you on the velocity Diet?
If no, why all the protein shakes, you need real meals.

Mvin
06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Maybe I missed it but are you on the velocity Diet?
If no, why all the protein shakes, you need real meals.

yes, it says improved velocity diet on the title :)

I am on an improved velocity diet

cawiau
06-20-2007, 03:59 PM
yes, it says improved velocity diet on the title :)

I am on an improved velocity diet

Stupid me...not reading everything carefully :(
Okay, will see how you do. I am starting a velocity Diet on July 1rst.
Sticking to the plan this time around.

Mvin
06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I haven't been updating the log much as there doesn't seem to be too much interest, but I have been sticking to the plan :)

So far so good. My progress so far:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/nnn300/eb3fc69a.jpg?t=1182802243

EDIT: Apparently I only lost 3 lbs

How's my progress?

cawiau
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM

Hey, 3 lbs is 3 lbs bro
Good job and keep going at it.

jklv
06-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I haven't been updating the log much as there doesn't seem to be too much interest, but I have been sticking to the plan :)

So far so good. My progress so far:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/nnn300/eb3fc69a.jpg?t=1182802243

How's my progress?
3lb is very good sucess ;)