PDA

View Full Version : marks from fat to fit journal

singledigitman
06-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I think its about time I started a journal here as ive been lurking here long enough.

I have been lifting on and off for the past 6 years but I haven't ever been consistent especially with my diet.

I am currently around 280lbs and 29% bodyfat, I will have exact nos in the morning.

I have just taken 3 photos of myself,front,side and back.I weigh alot and I am need of hard work but im not as out of shape as my weight suggest.I feel I can gain muscle quite easily.Do I look 280lbs? Im only 6ft tall too.So I think if I am commited to this and stick to my workouts and cardio and dont cheat not once for 12 weeks I should do quite well

heres is the diet I plan to go with

meal1-8.00am 6 large eggwhites 1 yolk and bowl of oatmeal and 1 tblspoon of udos oil

meal2-10.45 mrp shake

meal3-1.00 tuna sandwich made with wholewheat bread/tomatoes/spinach/little fatfree mayo

meal4-4.00 mrp shake

5.30 workout

meal5-postworkout mrp shake

meal6-8.30 salmon or chicken/potato/broccoli

meal7-11.00 lowfat cottage cheese/1 small lowfat yogurt

heres the photos

and my workouts will rotating weights with cardio and exercising 6 days a week but briefly, do only 20 mins of intense cardio and rotating upper and lower body for the weights.

here are the pics I just took

http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/searchprofile.cfm?id=18261&sid=2

chrischap01
06-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Good luck, mark!

Keep that positive attitude about your ability to make progress and you will do just fine.

The diet looks pretty good, but the one thing I would reconsider is the potato at dinner. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I assume you are already getting some carbs in that PWO shake. I don't know if I would stack another simple carb on top of that, especially that late at night. Maybe have it at lunch and double up on broccoli at dinner, or replace it with a sweet potato or brown rice.

BlairSquatsalot
06-17-2007, 03:36 PM
u think u can help me with my dieting

singledigitman
06-17-2007, 03:39 PM
thanks for your input chris.

I have been debating about that potato in the evening alright but I think ill leave it in for now because my overall calories are probably a little lower than I should be eating and also this meal is very soon after my workout 1-2 hours and metabolism will still be looking for nutrients ,I read something about a 3 hour window post intense exersice where your body handles carbs better.I suppose when I reach a plateau I will reconsider that potato

singledigitman
06-17-2007, 03:40 PM
theres some really good diet info here www.precisionnutrition.com and on this very site

any specific questions ,go ahead and ask me

chrischap01
06-17-2007, 03:45 PM
You're probably right re: the timeframe post-workout, and I don't think a potato or when you have is going to make that huge of a difference anyway. I just tend to obsess sometimes...

singledigitman
06-18-2007, 03:25 PM
day 1

startings stats

weight 280.2lbs
waist 49 inches
bf% 29.2%
tanita scales % 43%

Had a good day today my muscles are all aching as I tried to do exercises ive rarely done.

It was upperbody workout today and I did 6 sets of db pull over for the chest, 6 sets of bentover raise for shouders,machine row for the back,skullcrushers for the triceps and standing bicep curls for the biceps.

Im really having problems with my biceps, I have this injury due to muscle imbalances.Basically when I do any bicep exercise the back of my shoulder on the left hand side really hurts.This is because my chest and shoulders are over developed and my back isnt as strong and my posture is being brought forward causing tendons and nerves in the area to be pull forward too,causing pain

I ate according to what I said I would yday

Cardio tomorrow

singledigitman
06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
day 2

as I write this im preparing for bed as I absolutely wrecked tired.

I stuck to the diet again today, my stomach felt a bit weird I think my system is adjusting to the shock of bad food to eating healthy food.

My workout today was a very intense 20 mins on a treadmill at incline 15 degrees and boy was it tough my heart rate never went below 150 and I got as high as 180 at one stage.

day 3 tomorrow legs and abs