PDA

View Full Version : Time to get cut, for real this time!! My LOG

DaJager_Meister
06-17-2007, 01:41 PM
So a little background on me. I've always been a pretty average sized guy, about 15% bf or so and used to play football. In an effort to keep myself busy and also better myself in general, I'm starting this log so I can track my progress and hopefully get a little feedback/encouragement from you all.
I'm currently about 210 pounds, and around 15% bf. My goal is 190 pounds and under 10% bf by the start of school. I'll try to keep a detailed log of everything from what I eat, cardio, lifting, and anything else I can think of. I'm also going to start uploading pictures, and post weekly ones to show off my progress. I'll probably do something like this for workouts:

Sun- OFF
Mon- Chest/Back
Tues- Cardio/Abs
Wed- Shoulders
Thurs- Cardio/Abs
Fri- Bi's/Tri's/Legs
Saturday- Cardio (maybe)

What do you all think of this? Any suggestions or adjustments I should make? This is just a rough outline of what I might do so any feedback would be great, reps for help!! Thanks ahead of time.

DaJager_Meister

DaJager_Meister
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Well, here's my first real entry.....

Breakfast- Coffee (black), Honey Bunches of Oats (medium bowl), skim milk

Snack- Medium Banana

Lunch- Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle Soup, Grilled Cheese

Snack- Salad with light dressing, sunflower seeds, a few carrots, and a small slice of watermelon

Dinner- KFC (I KNOW...I'm supposed to be CUTTING...but I read the nutrition facts and actually I was suprised by how healthy(kind of) my meal was). Anyway, I had the 3 colonel strips meal with Mashed potatoes (no gravy), seasoned rice, and a diet pepsi.

Snack- Medium glass of Skim milk

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my meal choices, except KFC obviously but my girlfriend literally only had taco meat and rice at her house, and I didn't feel like having the sh*ts tomorrow morning when I want to lift and run. I was planning on working out this afternoon, but I didn't get out of work in time. Tomorrow I plan on doing Chest and Back as well as maybe a little HIIT on the stationary bike, I'll start small with 20 minutes. If time allows, I'll do some abs as well before I have to get to work.

Any feedback would be great! Welcome aboard for my journey!

p.s. "before" pics will be up tomorrow

DaJager_Meister
06-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Morning Everyone!

Just got done with my AM workout, it went pretty well I think. Here's what I did.....

Breakfast: Small bowl of honey bunches of oats w/ a little skim milk

Lift:
Bench Press- 185x8 205x8 225x8
superset with
Barbell low row- 135x8 135x8 135x8

Incline Dumbell Bench- 70'sx8 70'sx8 70'sx8
superset with
Pullups- 3 sets of 8

Close grip (palms facing in) Dumbell Bench- 65x8 65x8 65x8
superset with
DB low row- 65x8 65x8 65x8 each arm

Ab/chest burnout circuit:
Stabilizer Ball situps x20
stabilizer/front bridge x40 seconds
Dips x10
(repeat these x2)
Sitting plate twists (feet off ground) 25lb plate x20 each side
side stabilizers/side bridge x30 seconds each side
pushups x10
(repeat these x2)

Cardio: 10 minutes on the treadmill @1.5 incline (1.12 miles). This was my first time doing cardio for a LONG time and I just about died hahaha. I will be sure to focus on this more from now on.

Snack after workout: Tall glass of skim milk, large banana, spoonful of PB.

I can't find my damn memory card reader so I can get my pics up here. I took them, and dated them, now I just have to upload them. When I have time tonight I'll look for my card reader.

Now I'm off to work until about 6 PM :( wish me luck!!

DaJager_Meister
06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
OK so here's how the rest of my day went....

Lunch- Healthy choice Beef Barley soup and a deli sliced ham sandwich

Snack- banana, salad, handful of peanuts

Dinner- 3 eggs overeasy on 1 slice whole grain toast.

Overall I'm pretty happy with what I ate today again. I'm beginning to notice that my cutback in calories has really affected my energy levels, but I'm hoping I will get used to it soon. I've been drinking tons of water throughout the day as well so hopefully that helps my cause. I'm planning on waking up tomorrow and doing some cardio before work again, so we'll see how that goes.

Take care all.

DaJager_Meister
06-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Alright folks finally got the pics up. Any ideas on what my bf% might be? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

cawiau
06-20-2007, 07:14 AM
First off, wish you the best of luck reaching 10% by the time shcool start. You have a good wrokout program combined with the diet...so you should be able to make it.
Based on your picture I would you have a nice built, about 14-15% BF and will look pretty good once you are ripped!!!
So don't give up and keep up the good work.

yioti
06-20-2007, 10:19 AM
good luck to your goals but i think you could rearrange the wo split. better. Im not a huge fan of having anything other than legs on leg day cause there very important. try putting bi's and tri's seperately on your shoulder and chest day. I think that would help you out....

good luck

Sellhast
06-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Good luck with your cut man, and some friendly competition never hurt anyone. How about the first one to 10%?

DaJager_Meister
06-21-2007, 08:37 AM
good luck to your goals but i think you could rearrange the wo split. better. Im not a huge fan of having anything other than legs on leg day cause there very important. try putting bi's and tri's seperately on your shoulder and chest day. I think that would help you out....

good luck

I was thinking about that actually, but after years of playing football and squatting my ass off, I hate squats more than just about anything!! I have a pretty good build on my legs, and my leg day will most likely (to start anyways) consist of maybe 3 sets of squats, leg curls, leg extensions, and maybe leg press. I agree with you though, my theory is wrong, but so are my beliefs :D

Good luck with your cut man, and some friendly competition never hurt anyone. How about the first one to 10%?

Sounds good buddy, I'll see you when the abs pop out!!

First off, wish you the best of luck reaching 10% by the time shcool start. You have a good wrokout program combined with the diet...so you should be able to make it.
Based on your picture I would you have a nice built, about 14-15% BF and will look pretty good once you are ripped!!!
So don't give up and keep up the good work.

Thanks man, best of luck to you also!

WEDNESDAY 6-20

Well, I'm already starting to see a change in my physique, especially when I'm lifting, and I love it!! My energy is starting to come back a little bit too, and I just feel better overall.

As for yesterday......

Breakfast- 3 scrambled eggs with a little mild salsa on top, water, and 2 pieces whole grain toast (I'm really starting to like this breakfast!)

Snack- handful of grapes and some peanut butter

Lunch- Deli ham Sandwich, glass of milk, peanuts, diet lipton green tea

Snack- Peanut Butter Nature Valley granola bar

Snack- Glass of milk......lol

Dinner- Some left over steak at my girlfriends (about 4 oz.) and a can of tuna

PM snack- handful of peanuts

Yesterday was a pretty good day diet wise I would say, maybe a little too much peanuts/peanut butter, but other than that I think I did alright. My chest/back are still sore as hell, so I must've done SOMETHING right, or maybe I'm just out of shape!

THURSDAY A.M. 6-21 Weigh in: 207.5 pounds!!!

Wake up (pre workout)- Dannon strawberry kiwi yogurt
Lifting-
seated DB shoulder press- 45x8 50x8 50x8
superset with
seated DB side raise- 15x8 15x8 15x8

"Arnold" press w/ DB's- 30x8 30x8 30x8
superset with
seated DB front raise- 15x8 15x8 15x8

DB shrugs- 90x8 90x8 90x8
superset with
External rotations w/ resistance bands- 3 sets of 10

My abs were still sore, so I just did 1 stabilizer for 45 seconds and 1 set of incline situps 20 times. Immediately after lifting I had a serving of ON whey, then went straight to cardio. I did 10 minutes on the treadmill (1.12 miles again) and then 10 minutes of HIIT on the stationary bike, 30 seconds hard/30 seconds medium. After that I was sweating my balls off, but I felt a lot better today doing cardio.

Post workout- 3 scrambled eggs, 2 slices whole grain toast, coffee, water (suprise I know)

I'll be on later tonight to post the rest of my day, once again thanks for the feedback and any more would be helpful. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!