PDA

View Full Version : Lee's Get Cut Journal

DTSalvation
06-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Introduction

Hey everyone! A little over two years ago, I was seriously overweight. I clocked in around 295 lbs, and stood at 6'. Something had to change, as I was not happy, but too lazy to do anything about it. A friend and I placed a bet on who could be a vegetarian longer, and needless to say I won. With the vegetarian diet, I dropped a lot of weight. Unfortunately, I started to eat many more fried foods, and the weight started to come back.

I began to exercise regularly. It started with my girlfriend offering to go with walks with me, and soon we upped that to short jogs with walking involved as well. I continued this, going on jogs every day, as the weight slowly began to come off. Soon after, I got a membership at the YMCA, and began to exercise more regularly. Swimming + cardio machines, along with basic weight lifting. This helped me drop close to 100 lbs., getting me to the 200 lb. mark or so.

This past December I started eating meat again, and joined Gold's. I noticed I was binging a lot, especially on fried foods, and figured if I ate meat, it would help me control it (rather than eating a bunch of fries, I could snack on some turkey ;-) ). Well, since then I've definitely toned up, and dropped down to the 190-195 lb. mark. I've gone from a 40-42" waist to a 32" waist. Sadly, there's still loose skin hanging around the midsection that I'd really like to tighten and tone up a bit more via cutting.

I will be following a Carb Cycling / Calorie Cycling diet. I've been doing this for a week or two now (just recently started a journal), and have seen some success. I've also been following the Max-OT routine (and am currently going on Week 7).

I consider myself "Very Active," as I do cardio or H.I.I.T. in the mornings Mon-Fri, and lift weights in the evenings Mon-Fri. I also play floor hockey on Monday nights. I work at a restaurant 5 days a week as well, which means I'm on my feet all day for the most part. Anyways, wish me luck :-)

Statistics

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185 lbs.
BMR: 2010 calories (Avg. for 5 methods)
BMI: 24.41
Maintenance: 3467.25 calories ("Very Active;" Hard Exercise/Sports 6-7 days a week)
Cut: 3000 calories (High Carb), 2600 calories (Low Carb), 2600 calories (No Carb)

Goals

I'd like to really tighten up the loose skin on my midsection/chest area. In reality as a (former?) fat kid, I really want to see the vein that runs across my biceps.. It's something I thrive for, sadly. I'd also like to be able to have a 30" waist, although I'm happy with the 32" I am now..

At 6'1, 194 lbs., I'm not sure what weight I'm capable of dropping down to in order to cut up and look lean. I was thinking 178-180lbs-ish, but this may not be possible. Thoughts?

Diet

Macros: C / P / F
High Carb (3000 kcal): 45 / 35 / 20 Split
--> 1350 calories Carbs (337.5g), 1050 calories Protein (262.5g), 600 calories fat (67g)
Low Carb (2600 kcal): 30 / 40 / 30 Split
--> 780 calories Carbs (195g), 1040 calories Protein (260g), 780 calories Fat (87g)
No Carb (2600 kcal): 15 / 45 / 40 Split
--> 390 calories Carbs (97.5g), 1170 calories Protein (292.5g), 1040 calories Fat (115.5g)

I just picked up some fun groceries.. Raw spinach (leaf), raw broccoli, baby carrots (although I still be sticking to mostly fibrous greens). A lot of turkey, chicken, tuna, and eggs will also be used. Oats will be the carb of choice, maybe throwing in some brown rice or Kashi Go-Lean Crunch occasionally. Post-Workout nutrition will usually involve Gatorade, as far as carbs go.

Daily consumption will include..
-1/2 scoop Whey in water upon wakening.

-11.5 grams (2) scoops of Xtend (BCAAs) on non-training days, 23 grams on training days.

-TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack twice, daily.

-Creatine split between Pre and PostWorkout (and on mornings on non-training days).

-1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese + 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter before bed (sometimes to be switched with a Muscle Milk shake, assuming it fits into my macros for the day).

Also, the low carb days of nearly 200g Carbs.. At the very least, 100g of these carbs will be reserved for Pre and/or Post Workout (which may be split between cardio + lifting as well).

MONDAY: High-Carb (Back + Biceps)
TUESDAY: Low-Carb (Triceps, Forearms, + Abs)
WEDNESDAY: High-Carb (Legs + Calves)
THURSDAY: Low-Carb (Shoulders + Traps)
FRIDAY: High-Carb (Chest + Abs)
SATURDAY: No-Carb (Fibrous greens only! Rest)
SUNDAY: No-Carb (Fibrous greens only! Rest)

Training

Max-OT Routine

MONDAY: H.I.I.T. // Back + Biceps // Floor Hockey
TUESDAY: Spinning // Triceps, Forearms, + Abs
WEDNESDAY: H.I.I.T. // Legs + Calves
THURSDAY: Spinning // Shoulders + Traps
FRIDAY: H.I.I.T. // Chest + Abs
SATURDAY: Rest
SUNDAY: Rest

I do 500 crunches daily, except on days I workout my abs. This routine is most likely to switch on an (almost) weekly basis.

I will go into more detail regarding specific exercises as I continue this log.

(Does anyone think I would get more cut if I resorted to a full-body workout split? Feedback is crucial to me!)

Supplements

Sadly, I love supplements. It's a bad habit really...

ON 100% Whey Double Rich Chocolate Almost out, but the Extreme Milk Chocolate flavor is on it's way to my house.
Tri-Methy-Lean + Green Tea Extract A supplier carries the TriMethyLean ephedra product around here that I bought.. I stack it with green tea extract twice a day.
Nature Made Fish Oil Although I should use it more for EFAs, I only use it to help bump up my fat intake for the day. Daily use varies..
Cytosport Muscle Milk Cookies 'n Creme I only use this maybe once a week at bedtime for the casein, if my macros allow it.
MRI's CE2 caplets My CEE, although I have powdered NutraBio's Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL Powder on it's way to my house, along with Higher Power Micronized Creatine (mono) as well.. I'll cycle them I suppose (I couldn't beat the deals..)
VitaSmart Men's Premium Multivitamin Two containers of these, but I also ordered NOW ADAM Multi's. I'm thinking I'll take the NOW ADAM's on high carb days, and the Vitasmarts on low and no carb.
New-Whey Liquid Protein I just picked up two vials of this stuff in case I'm sufficiently under my protein intake for the day.. Quick 42g protein in liquid form :-)
Scivation Xtend (Grape) BCAA's to sip on during cardio + lifting. Twice a day, 5 days a week.
GNC L-Arginine 5000 I haven't used this in a while.. Anyone recommend I do?

Feedback Welcome

As always, feedback is welcome. I'd like to know what everyone thinks, etc.

Also, should I looking into purchasing Flax Seed / Flax Seed Oil, or will Fish Oil tabs be efficient?

Do you think my caloric intake looks good?

DTSalvation
06-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Happy Father's Day to all those who apply!

Sunday Morning at a Restaurant on Father's Day.. believe it, or not, but it's busier than on Mother's Day..

Eaten very well today.. besides a small tsp of mayo in my tuna.. couldn't avoid, I wasn't about to open a huge bulk container at work for a scoop of tuna..

To my surprise, I weighed myself today.. And evidently I'm feeling the effects of my recent cutting and new carb cycling, as I am down to 185 lbs.. I'm sure this is correct, because I weighed a 14 lb. brick, and sure enough it was 13.5-14lb. on the dot.. (Gold's digital scale weighed me at 194.9...). So, that's pretty cool!

6:30 AM Wake Up! TriMethyLean/Green Tea Stack + CE2
-1/2 scoop Whey in water..

60 kcal
.5 g fat
1.5 g carb
12 g protein

7:00 AM
-2 large Eggs
-2 Egg Whites
-1/3 Cup Almonds
-Sliced Turkey (3 slices)
-Monster Lo-Carb (not the best option, but I needed some more pick-me-up)

529 kcal
29 g fat
14 g carb
46 g protein

10:00 AM
-4 Chicken Tenderloins (Grilled, light oil)
-1.5 cup broccoli (steamed)

353 kcal
7 g fat
6 g carb
58 g protein

1:00 PM Multivitamin
-1 scoop Tuna
-1 tsp. Mayo
-8 oz Chicken Breast
-1 cup broccoli

498 kcal
11.5 g fat
4 g carb
86.5 g protein

1:00 PM CE2

3:30 PM TriMethyLean / Green Tea Stack

4:00 PM 11.5 grams (two scoops) of Xtend
-2 BOCA Bugers
-3 oz. Baby Carrots
-1 cup raw broccoli
-1 tsp. Horseradish Mustard
-4 Fish Oil

271 kcal
6 g fat
27 g carb
30 g protein

7:00 PM
-1 Chicken Drumstick in light BBQ Sauce
-3 oz. Baby Carrots
-1 scoop whey in 8 oz. 2% Milk

363 kcal
9 g fat
24 g carb
45 g protein

10:30 PM Bed time!
-2 scoops Muscle Milk Cookies 'n Creme
-1 cup 2% Milk
-1 tablespoon Olive Oil

600 kcal
37 g fat
24 g carb
40 g protein

TOTALS:
2661 kcal
103 g fat
97 g carb
291.5 g protein

All in all, this is pretty good if I do say so myself.. Although I overshot my estimated caloric intake for the day, I managed somehow to nail carbs and protein right on the head (.5-1g difference), and undershoot fats a bit.. (Funny how the calculations don't equal the kcal.. oh, human error..)

BlairSquatsalot
06-17-2007, 03:47 PM
i weigh bout 250 at the age of 16 which is not good for me but im very very active but somehow i cant lose any weight idk whats wrong with me but i think i just eat alot and just stop eating fatning stuff u know what i mean, but i cant really do nething right now cuz i have a torn acl so yeah i run alot or my knee will start to stiffin up on me...but yeah neway u think u can help lose i want to lose bout 35-50 pounds i got 2 years to do it so uhm yeah u think u can help?

DTSalvation
06-18-2007, 01:24 PM
It's a hot one out there in Buffalo..

11:30 A.M. (Break from work..)
-H.I.I.T. on an Elliptical for 20 minutes.. Killed! Took one serving of me CE2 before hand, and kept hydrated with some Xtend... yummy BCAAs :-)

3:05 P.M. (After work.. haha.. Back + Biceps!)
Max-OT (Week 7..)

Lat Pulldowns
1x12 60 lbs.
1x10 80 lbs.
1x8 100 lbs.
2x5 125 lbs.

V-Bar Pulldowns
2x4 140 lbs.

Barbell Rows
2x6 125 lbs.

Alternating Dumbbell Curls
1x10 25 lbs.
1x8 35 lbs.
2x6 47.5 lbs.

Straight Bar Curls
2x6 90 lbs.

Good workout... Again, took a serving of CE2 before this workout and drank some Xtend during.. lots of energy, felt great.. Killed me arms.. Haha. My form suffered on the straight bar curls, however.. A little sad by that.. I think I may have gotten 4 solid curls before I used my back for leverage...

Honestly, after the gym I went home (5 minutes away) to make my shake, and low + behold, my Creatine Ethyl Ester powder had arrived.. so I took 2.5 grams of that.. >.>; Just because I was excited.. Had that mixed with 2 scoops of whey, a half cup of oats, and 4 tablespoons of Gatorade powder, and I feel great now.. A little full though...

Regarding my macros for the day, I'm doing great.. 2005 calories (3000), 40 grams of fat (67), 225.5 g Carbs (337.5) and 183.5 grams Protein ( 262.5).. Carbs will increase after hockey when I drink some gatorade for them'der electrolytes ;-)

Be seeing you soon!

DTSalvation
06-19-2007, 05:14 AM
High-carb day... Went slightly over in caloric intake, and a bit over in actual carbohydrates... I suppose I don't mind since I did H.I.I.T., had a nice workout, and had hockey all in a 24 hour period..

6:30 AM
TriMethyLean/Green Tea Stack + CE2, 1/2 scoop Whey in water..

7:00 AM
1 cup Quaker Oats, 1 large Egg, 3 slices Turkey

10:00 AM
Multivitamin, 1 can tuna (with cajun) on a iceberg/romaine blend salad, 1 banana, 2oz. Light Italian Dressing

11:00 AM
CE2

11:30 - 11:50 AM
H.I.I.T. (Elliptical); Xtend

12:15 PM
TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack..

12:30 PM
3 slices smoked turkey, 3 raw carrot sticks, 1/2 cup Quaker Oats

2:40 PM
CE2

3:05 - 3:35
Workout (Back + Biceps); Xtend

3:45 PM
2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp Gatorade powder, 2.5 grams CEE

5:18 PM
TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack

5:45 PM
1 cup Oats, 3 oz. carrot sticks, 1 cup raw broccoli, Boca Burger

7:00 PM (Pre-Hockey)
32 oz. Gatorade

9:30 PM
6 oz. Honey BBQ Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless), 8 oz Gatorade

1:00AM
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

TOTALS
3012 kcal
49.5g Fat
385.5g Carbs
262.5g Protein

Spot on on Protein.. haha. A bit hectic.. I boosted the TriMethyLean stack to three times a day to see what kind of an effect it would have.. I tell you.. When I take it 15-30 minutes before I eat (rather than 45-60), it's much harder to stomach the food.. I have to force myself to eat, I get full so quick.

The only thing I was pissed about was the low intake of fat.. :-(

On another plus side, I had a lot of energy at hockey.. Played my best game of the session, plus had a goal.. Not to mention we won 8-2. And we're terrible.. So that was a pleasant surprise for the day.

FedEx e-mailed me telling me my BB.com order should be here Thrusday! :-)

DTSalvation
06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow.. thunderstorms and all kinds of cool stuff today.. In fact, the power went out at Gold's for a while.. But it came back.. Silly generators had to warm up.. Lucky for me, I was done working out and was just bothering my friends a bit..

9:20-10:30 A.M. - Sippin' on Xtend
Spinning class. Good stuff, it was the hardest I've ever hit the class. I love spinning. Not to mention I did the entire class on an actual mild/moderate resistance rather than a low one.. I was impressed with how I felt. I don't know if it was the fact that yesterday was a high-carb day, and I'm reaping the benefits, or if it's because I had some oats, eggs, + whey for breakfast today (rather than just a half scoop of whey) before spinning.

3:41-4:07 - Max-OT says hit 'em intense, overload, and quick ;-)
Max-OT Week 7.. Triceps, forearms, + abs

Cable Pushdowns
1x12 40 lbs.
1x10 60 lbs.
1x8 80 lbs.
1x6 110 lbs.
2x6 120 lbs.

Skullcrushers
2x5 90 lbs.

Seated Tricep Extensions (Curl Bar)
1x6 60 lbs.
--> Definitely could've handled more weight on this one..

Reverse Grip Curls
2x8 50 lbs.
--> My grip starting to give :-(

Dumbbell Wrist Curls
1x10 35 lbs.

Lying Leg Raises
2x15

Cable Rope Crunches
2x10 150 lbs.

I was very full of energy today and it definitely showed.. Besides the fact I was covered in sweat.. I made a Protein shake before my lifting session comprised of two scoops of whey, half a cup of oats, 4 tablespoons Gatorade powder, and 5 grams of creatine ethyl ester hcl powder, and split that between the start and finish of the workouts.. Drinking my wonderful BCAA's along the way :-)

Tomorrow is a legs day.. I love my legs.. And I love leg days.. And thursday I get my BB.com shipment, hooray!

Until I post my diet for the day.. Have a great day ;-)

DTSalvation
06-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Low-carb day went rather well.. Full of energy all day.. Second day in a row I've taken the TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack 3x a day, and I am straight up sweating to death right now! I can really feel the thermo...

8:30 AM (Only 6 hours of sleep.. woke up naturally :-( )
1/2 cup Oats, 2 large eggs
Supplements: 1 scoop Whey

9:00 AM
Supplements:TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack

9:20 - 10:30 AM
Spinning @ Gold's.. Again, really energetic, never felt so good, with such resistance on the spin wheel. Maybe a combination of the actual breakfast (as I usual just have a scoop of whey prior to spinning), or the high carb day yesterday.. Or perhaps the Xtend considering I usually just drink h20.. who knows? Whichever it is, I love it!
Supplements: Xtend

11:30 AM
1/2 cup Oats, 2 tbsp. Natty PB, 3 oz baby carrots
Supplements: Multivitamin

2:05 PM
Supplements: TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack

2:20 PM
Tuna w/ horseradish mustard, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 cup broccoli, 3 oz baby carrots

3:40 PM
Pre-Workout Smoothie (split between now and PostWO); 2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup Oats, 4 tbsp. Gatorade powder, 5 grams creatine ethyl ester HCL powder

3:41 - 4:07
Workout: Triceps, forearms, + abs

4:07 PM
See above x2.

5:55 PM

6:25 PM
Diced chicken in (2 large) scrambled eggs with 3/4 cup cooked spinach (topped with cajun seasoning)
Supplements: 4 Fish Oil softgels

10:00 PM
Muscle Milk Cookies 'n Creme in water, diced chicken
Supplements: 4 Fish Oil softgels

TOTALS
2226 kcal
81g Fat
197g Carbs
258.5g Protein

Not terrible.. A little low in the caloric intake yet again, as I was shooting for 2600.. Slightly below on fat (6g low), and protein (1g low), but slightly above on carbs (2g). Again, those don't add up to the 374 calories I'm missing, but human error I suppose.. :-\

Regardless, i consider today a success. Just for S'n'G's I weighed myself at the gym, after downing my Xtend and my smoothie. Two cellphones in pockets (one being my friend's), and keys as well.. And it claimed I weighed 191.3 lbs.. Which is nice, considering that digital scale said I was 194.9 a few days ago (in reality, I'm ~185 lbs.). So, at least I'm seeing a decline in weight, and it can be used as a bit of a measuring-stick as to where I have come from..

I've officially made Sunday mornings my weigh-ins. So, every Sunday morning, I'll weigh myself prior to leaving for work.. Empty bladder preferably, before my whey shake as well.

That's enough rambling.. I'm a sweaty mess, and am going to go await my package from BB.com.. which is coming on Thursday :-)!!

Goodnight. XO

p.s. Don't ever see the movie "The Dead Girl." Worst.. movie.. ever..

DTSalvation
06-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Just got back from getting a haircut.. nice and cool now, whoa. Solid workouts today.. Not as warm as it's been so I decided to do a little bit of H.I.I.T. outside on break at work today... It was quite enjoyable.

10:30-10:50 A.M. - Sippin' on Xtend
Not bad.. a bit of cramping towards the end, but it was fun.. I made the mistake of doing the H.I.I.T. outside, behind a chinese place + a pizzeria in the same plaza as the restaurant I work, and there were chicken bones everywhere! :-( poor guys...

Tried some Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL powder in water for the first time.. YUCK! But I chugged it, and prayed for the best...

2:45-3:16 P.M. - some more Xtend :-)
Max-OT Week 7.. Legs + calves

Squats
1x12 45 lbs. (bar)
1x10 135 lbs.
1x8 170 lbs.
3x6 215 lbs.
--> A bit happy here, considering there was no smith machine.. And last week when I did them (on said Smith Machine), all I could do was 170 lbs.. Wow! :-)

Leg Press
1x6 480 lbs.
--> A bit challenging.. but definitely is moving up to 500 lbs. next week.

Stiff Leg Deadlift (smith machine)
1x6 180 lbs.
2x6 200 lbs.

Leg Curls
1x6 270 lbs.

Standing Machine Calf Raises
2x8 320 lbs.

45 Degree Leg Press Calf Raises
1x8 360 lbs.

daily: 500 crunches

Again, sweated a lot.. But well worth it.. I don't know if I'm reacting better to the creatine in powder form, or if it's just a "mind over matter" type deal, but I believe it's working, therefore it must be..

Full of energy.. I love the gym.. I've eaten clean for over a week (which is an accomplishment for me considering prior to this, I couldn't not have a cheat meal every 3 or 4 days). I'm so proud :-)

Needless to say, because of said accomplishments (and the fact I'm so happy that I get my BB.com order tomorrow), I'm going out right now to get some stuff to make some homemade pizza tonight.. But still healthy! It's gonna be a treat.

Be seeing you when I post my nutritional intake for the dizzay. XO

DTSalvation
06-20-2007, 05:48 PM
quick question...

Why is healthy, home-made pizza so much better tasting, and more. not only filling, but full-filling as well?

I feel sooo bloated.. And I had three small slices from a medium sized pizza.

100% whole wheat crust... Pizza sauce.. Fat Free mozzarella.. And turkey.. Hot darn it was DELICIOUS!

I also picked up some groceries.. raisins + walnuts in bulk, along with Fat-Free Mayo to make chicken / tuna salads.. Although the FF Mayo has high-fructose corn syrup, so I'm a little wary of that.. any comments people?

Anyways.. I'll post the macros a bit later.. I may have went a bit over, haven't figured it out yet, but I decided to treat myself... the right way. :-) XXOO

DTSalvation
06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Good day.. a bit drained now, but it's almost one in the morning, so as I should be.. Nice solid 8 hours of sleep before spinning in the morning... :-)!

6:30 A.M. Wake-up call!
Supplements: 1/2 scoop ON 100% Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate Whey Protein

6:45 A.M.
Supplements: TriMethyLean/Green Tea Stack

7:00 A.M.
1 cup Quaker Oats, 1/8 cup raisins, 1 tsp. Sugar-Free Maple Syrup, 3 slices turkey breast

10:20 A.M. Chicken Salad, mm!
chicken, 1 tsp. mayo, 1/4 cup walnuts, roasted red pepper, celery, 1 slice wheatberry bread (no crust)

10:30-10:50 A.M.
H.I.I.T. outside

12:20 P.M.
Supplements: TriMethyLean/Green Tea stack

12:45 P.M.
8 oz. Chicken Breast

2:30 P.M.
Supplements: 2.5g Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL Powder in H20

2:45-3:16 P.M.
Max-OT Week 7 workout: Legs + Calves

3:20 P.M. Smoothie!
8 oz. pineapple juice, 1/2 cup oats, 2 bananas
Supplements: 2.5g Creatine EE HCL Powder, 1 scoop chocolate whey

4:30 P.M.

5:15 P.M.
1 cup Oats with cinnamon, 1 can tuna with horseradish mustard

8:05 P.M.
Homemade whole wheat pizza with Ragu pizza sauce, fat-free mozzarella, and turkey. :-) Three slices, off a rather medium pizza.

12:30 A.M.
1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese

TOTALS
2911.5 kcal
68.75g Fat
338.25g Carbs
268g Protein

At the end of the day, it comes down to a very happy Lee... Just short of 3000 cal, a bit over in everything, but by a bit over I mean... 1-2g (well, 6g protein)... Human error upsets me, but I'm okay :-)

Great day... BB.com order tomorrow, time for sleep! Hooray for supplements.. haha. XO

p.s. "Breed," surprisingly good movie...

DTSalvation
06-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Viva los BB.com! Hurray for my order today! Higher Power Micro Creatine Mono, Extreme Milk Chocolate Whey, NOW Adam's multis, and a GreenMAG sample.. Woot.

9:25-10:35 A.M. - Xtend
Spinning.. I woke up today and did not want to go. But I can't do that, now can I? Had some whey + water and left for the gym. BCAA's are yummy. Went over well again.. Although I feel it was a bit more challenging today than Tuesday, I still had a fair amount of resistance on, and the BCAA's definitely helped (along with the high-carb day yesterday).

Since the shipment came in today, I decided I'm going to cycle creatine products.. So today, preworkout, I had 2.5g creatine mono in water.. Not as bitter tasting as the CEE HCL powder, thank God.. And then, I was off for a shoulder workout!

3:45-4:15 P.M. - Some more BCAA's!
Max-OT Week 7.. Shoulders + Traps

Military Barbell Press
1x12 45 lbs. (bar)
1x10 65 lbs.
1x8 85 lbs.
2x6 105 lbs.
--> This is the first time I did this standing, and I must say, it was a bit of a challenge.

Seated Dumbbell Press
2x6 50 lbs.

Standing Side Lateral Raises (DB)
2x8 27.5 lbs.
--> I dropped weight from last week in order to correct my form. :)

Romanian Deadlifts
2x6 205 lbs.
--> Improvement over my 190 lbs. last week, so I was majorly happy here.. I could've done more I think.. I was in the ZONE.

Barbell Shrugs
2x6 205 lbs.

daily: 500 crunches

PostWorkout: Creatine Mono in Grape Juice, then a bit later, 1 scoop of my new whey in water with Oats + a banana.

All in all, another great workout. My neck and shoulders are a bit tense right now as I made some nice gains.. Or maybe it's because I'm tensing up because I'm leaving shortly to go donate blood...

Na, I'm not scared of needles, so I know that's not it. Anyways, I'll post my daily macros a bit later. Everyone enjoy the rest of the (first) day (of summer)! XO

DTSalvation
06-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Today was a rather uneventful day. I gave blood. And with the Spinning + Lifting earlier, I'm just blah.. Kind of lagging, really. Plus I downed the TriMethyLean / GT Stack to only twice today because of the blood donating and such.. Maybe that's where my energy went.. hehe (or it's the fact I just ate a bunch of turkey).

9:00 A.M. Wake-up
Supplements: 1/2 scoop ON 100% Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate Whey Protein

9:15 A.M.
Supplements: TriMethyLean/Green Tea Stack

9:25-10:35 A.M.
Spinning! Great amounts of energy here again, folks.

11:00 A.M.
2 large eggs (overeasy), 1/4 cup fat free mozzarella, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 2 tbsp. natty peanut butter

1:55 P.M.

2:10 P.M.
2 cans tuna, 4 tsp. fat free mayo, 16g chopped walnuts, 1 oz. raisins, 3 oz. baby carrots (tuna salad.. not as good as chicken salad)

3:20 P.M.
Supplements: 2.5g Micro Creatine Mono in water (No bitter taste, yay)

3:45-4:15 P.M.
Max-OT Week 7 workout: Shoulders + Traps

4:16 P.M.
Supplements: 2.5g Micro Creatine Mono in 100% Grape Juice

4:30 P.M. Smoothie!
1 banana, 1/2 cup oats.
Supplements: 1 scoop (new) Extreme Chocolate whey

6:45 P.M.
3 oz. baby carrots, turkey with horseradish mustard, 24 almonds
Supplements: 1 scoop whey (double rich chocolate)

7:30 P.M.
Supplements: New-Whey Liquid Protein vial (down to 1 :-( )

10:30 P.M.
1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese, 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (creaaamy)

TOTALS
2568 kcal
83g Fat
192.5g Carbs
275g Protein

Shot a bit low on cal, fat, and carb, and a bit over on protein, but everything is on track, regardless. It looks nice, and it's definitely in that "Hey, I ate really well today" category. Tomorrow is the last (high-) carb day of the week before the looow weekend. Should be interesting to see how my body will handle the new phase..

Well, it's only eight, but I'm pretty drained.. I have some friends over, and I'll probably relax for the rest of the night. Working a double tomorrow, as per usual Friday routine.. 7 A.M. until 8 P.M., looong day. Haha.

G'night all. And good luck to those that are trying to achieve their goals ;-)

XXOO

DTSalvation
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
So, I ate well all day...

Until my girlfriend gave me the unpleasant news that she was leaving tomorrow morning, and will be gone for about 3 months.. maybe less, maybe more..

I was at work, and just broke down... I've been with this girl for 2.5 years, and I don't want to spend a day without her, let alone months...

Needless to say I realize I binge eat when I am stressed + upset..

At least I had a good workout... Oh well, life goes on, and I'll have to hop back on the clean eats as of tomorrow...

Man, this sucks..

XO

DTSalvation
06-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Here's yesterday's workout...

3:55 - 4:20 P.M. (Xtend)
Max-OT Week 7: Chest + Abs

Flat Barbell Bench
1x12 45 lbs. (Bar)
1x10 95 lbs.
2x6 145 lbs.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
2x6 50 lbs.

Dips
1x6

Cable Rope Crunches
2x12 150 lbs.

Leg Raises (wt'd)
2x15 6 lb. weight

H.I.I.T. 4:20 - 4:35 P.M.
ArcTrainer; 287 calories

All in all, it was an okay workout. No gains, but I'm sore (chest) today... Yesterday sucked, so it's no big deal that my workout didn't go my way either. All I can say is today I've stuck to my diet + exercise regime, and I'm back on track. ;-)

DTSalvation
06-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh boy, here we gooo.. back on course...

9:30 A.M.
Supplements: 1 scoop whey

9:45 A.M.
1 large egg, 2 egg whites, honey sliced turkey
Supplements: Creatine Mono in H20, NOW Adam Multi's

11:45 A.M.
Supplements: TriMethyLean / Green Tea Stack

1:00 P.M.
Chinese.. blackened chicken and broccoli with mixed veggies.

3:30 P.M.
Supplements: Xtend BCAA's

4:00 P.M.
3 oz. baby carrots, 2 tbsp natty peanut butter, 1 can tuna

6:00 P.M.

7:00 P.M.
Turkey jerky, 2 tbsp natty peanut butter
Supplements: 1 scoop whey, 1 vial new-Whey Liquid Protein

10:00 P.M.
Supplements: 1 scoop whey (friend's house)

11:45 P.M.
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter

TOTALS:
2135 kcal
79.25g Fat
55.5g Carbs
286.5g Protein

Not the best diet today, but better than yesterday. At least I came close to my recommended protein intake :-\

Until tomorrow, my friends.

DTSalvation
06-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I forgot today was Sunday, and missed weigh in. First thing tomorrow morning it will be, I suppose. I'm also using my free sample of Green Magnitude tomorrow, so I can't wait.

6:30 A.M.
Supplements: 1/2 scoop whey

6:45 A.M.
Supplements: Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL Powder + Xtend BCAAs

7:00 A.M.
1 large egg, 8 oz chicken breast, 1 carrot stick
Supplements: NOW Adam Multi's

9:30 A.M.

10:00 A.M.
Sliced Almonds

12:00 P.M.
Turkey, broccoli

2:45 P.M.

3:15 P.M.
1 can tuna, baby carrots, natty peanut butter, horseradish mustard

6:20 P.M.
2 Morningstar Veggie Patties, 2 large eggs, 10oz. broccoli

10:00 P.M.
3 oz. Turkey jerky

10:45 P.M.
Supplements: Muscle Milk in H20

TOTALS:
2441 kcal
95g Fat
100g Carbs
301.5g Protein

Again, diet's a bit off, but I'm satisfied.. Can't complain much, really. Tomorrow, pretty excited.. hockey.. After work.. I really want some Nike Shox, I think I'm getting some custom made online.. :-)

Plus I want a new gym bag.. and some more supplements.. Like Leviathan and Green Mag >.>;;

'Til tomorrow.. back + bi's again! woot.. XO

DTSalvation
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
OFFICIAL WEIGH IN: 186.5 lbs. (+1.5 lbs.)
Just curious if this is from eating really crappy on Friday + doing little activity over the weekend, or from me switching creatines and some water retention.. Oh well, 1.5lbs. is nothing to gripe about!

Today is a sad day, in the fact that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and (one) son were found dead today in their Atlanta home.. R.I.P.

So, I'm sweating here, awaiting hockey in a few hours.. I'm excited. Mostly because we won last week, plus I had a goal.. finally breaking a point drought.. I play defense, and I need a new stick with an actual curve.. ha.

12:14-12:29 P.M.
-H.I.I.T. on a treadmill.. Possibly my first real H.I.I.T. encounter.. I only did 5 intervals in the 15 minutes.. a warm-up, then a sprint (10.5) for 30 seconds, and a jog (6.5) for 90 seconds.. This definitely worked me more than the usual walk-rest (3.5) for 90 seconds, and I couldn't get all 7 intervals in because of it.. A new experience is right, and the BCAA's helped I think..

2:45 P.M. --> I took my sample of Controlled Labs' Green MAGnitude Creatine Volumizer. The pumps were alright, nothing spectacular besides the fact I wasn't as tired, and felt like I could just keep going (despite the sweat pouring off me).. So maybe it was spectacular.. :-\

3:08 - 3:30 P.M. (Back + Biceps!)
Max-OT (Week 8)

Lat Pulldowns
1x12 4 lbs.
1x10 70 lbs.
1x8 100 lbs.
2x5 125 lbs.
--> No increase.. :-(

V-Bar Pulldowns
2x5 140 lbs.
--> One more rep here.. :-)

Barbell Rows
2x5 135 lbs.
--> increase :-)

Alternating Dumbbell Curls
2x6 47.5 lbs.
--> I believe I'll be moving up to 50 lbs. next week...

Straight Bar Curls
2x6 80 lbs.
--> I lowered weight in order to correct my form a bit, and really flex those biceps and feel'em ;-)

Good workout, good post workout shake.. 1.5 scoops whey, 1 cup oats, and 1 large banana.. Nice balance of 2:1 carbs to protein ratio, and it even matched up with what I "should" be getting considering I weight 185 lbs.

Well, I'll post my diet later tonight, after my hockey game..

I'm also thinking about switching my 9:30 A.M. spinning class to a 5:30 A.M. (YIKES!) Body Combat class... Some different cardio, with some Martial Arts involved.. Hmm... Any thoughts (not that I've gotten any yet! :-( ).

XO

DTSalvation
06-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Too tired after our (winning) hockey game last night, but here's the macro's for yesterday... (kind of pressed for time right now, so just the totals).

TOTALS:
3040 kcal
78g Fat
294.5g Carbs
290g Protein

I'm thinking about messing around with some stuff... I have a "perfect" post workout smoothie now (equivalent to my body weight, and the amount of protein:carb ratio), and I may switch up my carb-cycling days.. Less high days, more low.. Or based on my activity level each day.. Monday would be the highest. (1 cardio, 1 lift, 1 hockey), weekends the lowest.. Although Mine's already near what I do, considering I work a lot.. Hmm.. decisions, decisions!

Later. XO

DTSalvation
06-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Will definitely update tomorrow..

Got a new shaker bottle, a new gym bag, some Green MAG, and I'm going to re-do my caloric cycling.. Hopefully all tomorrow. I work a double, so expect a massive overhaul tomorrow night ;-)

XO

DTSalvation
06-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Introduction

Hey everyone! A little over two years ago, I was seriously overweight. I clocked in around 295 lbs, and stood at 6'. Something had to change, as I was not happy, but too lazy to do anything about it. A friend and I placed a bet on who could be a vegetarian longer, and needless to say I won. With the vegetarian diet, I dropped a lot of weight. Unfortunately, I started to eat many more fried foods, and the weight started to come back.

I began to exercise regularly. It started with my girlfriend offering to go with walks with me, and soon we upped that to short jogs with walking involved as well. I continued this, going on jogs every day, as the weight slowly began to come off. Soon after, I got a membership at the YMCA, and began to exercise more regularly. Swimming + cardio machines, along with basic weight lifting. This helped me drop close to 100 lbs., getting me to the 200 lb. mark or so.

This past December I started eating meat again, and joined Gold's. I noticed I was binging a lot, especially on fried foods, and figured if I ate meat, it would help me control it (rather than eating a bunch of fries, I could snack on some turkey ;-) ). Well, since then I've definitely toned up, and dropped down to the 190-195 lb. mark. I've gone from a 40-42" waist to a 32" waist. Sadly, there's still loose skin hanging around the midsection that I'd really like to tighten and tone up a bit more via cutting.

I will be following a Carb Cycling / Calorie Cycling "diet." I've been doing this for a week or two now (just recently started a journal), and have seen some success. I've also been following the Max-OT routine (and am currently going on Week 9).

I consider myself "Very Active," as I do cardio or H.I.I.T. in the mornings Mon-Fri, and lift weights in the evenings Mon-Fri. I also play floor hockey on Monday nights. I work at a restaurant 5 days a week as well, which means I'm on my feet all day for the most part. Anyways, wish me luck :-)
Statistics

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185 lbs.
BMR: 2010 calories (Avg. for 5 methods)
BMI: 24.41
Maintenance: 3467.25 calories ("Very Active;" Hard Exercise/Sports 6-7 days a week)

"The Cycle"

The cycle of calories and carbohydrates will differ with each day. As each day, is pretty much unlike the other, I will modify, as I feel necessary. Right now, this is the current "trend."

MONDAYs I work in the morning. I cook at a restaurant, which is a very physical job. On break I go to the gym (across the street), and perform some H.I.I.T. After work, I go back to the gym to lift. This will be considered one of my "High" Carb days, considering I also play floor hockey on Monday evenings. Maintenance calories on this day is around 4018.34 calories, and a 20% reduction in calories will bring me to a 3214.67 calorie cut.

TUESDAYs and THURSDAYs will include a longer cardio workout in the morning. This usually is a class of Spinning. Then, lifting in the afternoon. Not to mention the running around I tend to do, calories burned today would be near 3214.67.. 20% reduction is equivalent to 2571.74 calories. However, the two will alternate between Mod-Carb and Low-Carb. One day will be a low-carb (1928.80 calories), one a moderate carb. Depending on the body part in training.

WEDNESDAYs will be another moderate carb day (like Tuesday and Wednesday), but will include a few more calories. I work in the morning, perform H.I.I.T. on break, and lift after work.. Maintenance calories 3616.51. A 20% cut would be 2893.21.

THURSDAYs see Tuesdays.

FRIDAYs are my second high carbohydrate day of the week. It resembles Monday, except instead of evening floor hockey, I work a double shift at work, and thus more physical labor. Same calorie reduction of 3214.67 calories.

SATURDAYs and SUNDAYs are my rest days. Although, I'm never just laying around, so I gave myself a "light activity" day. Maintenance is 2411 calories, a 20% cut would come out to be 1928.80 calories.

In Short, calories consumed should be:
Monday: 3214.67 calories
Tuesday: 2571.74 calories / 1928.80 calories
Wednesday: 2893.21 calories
Thursday: 1928.80 calories / 2571.74 calories
Friday: 3214.67 calories
Saturday: 1928.80 calories
Sunday: 1928.80 calories

Goals

I'd like to really tighten up the loose skin on my midsection/chest area. In reality as a (former?) fat kid, I really want to see the vein that runs across my biceps.. It's something I thrive for, sadly. I'd also like to be able to have a 30" waist, although I'm happy with the 32" I am now..

At 6'1, 185 lbs., I would like to see if I can achieve a leaner, tighter, cutter, 175 - 180 lb. Body.

Diet + Macronutrient Breakdown

Macros: C / P / F
High Carb (3214.67 kcal):
--> 1156.24 calories Carbs (289.06g), 1110 calories Protein (277.5g), 945 calories fat (105g)
Moderate 1 Carb (2893.21 kcal):
--> 925 calories Carbs (231.25g), 1110 calories Protein (277.5g), 855 calories Fat (95g)
Moderate 2 Carb (2571.74 kcal):
--> 720 calories Carbs (180g), 1110 calories Protein (277.5g), 738 calories Fat (82g)
Low Carb (1928.80 kcal):
--> 480 calories Carbs (120g), 1000 calories Protein (250g), 450 calories Fat (50g)

I?m in love with, and will be using majority, the following foods:
-Turkey (at work, due to the fact it?s not processed deli crap).
-Tuna
-Chicken
-Almonds / Walnuts
-Natural Peanut Butter
-Eggs (1-2 Yolks w/ 2-4 egg whites)
-Broccoli + Broccoli Medleys / Normandys
-Carrots
-Oats will be my complex carbohydrate of choice (although I do have brown rice and Kashi Go-Lean Cereal on reserve.)

Daily consumption will include..
-1/2 scoop Whey in water upon wakening.

-11.5 grams (2) scoops of Xtend (BCAAs) on non-training days, 23 grams on training days.

-TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack twice, daily. This may be switching to Leviathan soon.

-Creatine split between Pre and PostWorkout (and on mornings on non-training days). Green MAGnitude on training days, Creatine Mono or Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL Powder on off-days.

-1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese + 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter before bed (sometimes to be switched with a Muscle Milk shake, assuming it fits into my macros for the day).

Pre- + Post-Workout Nutrition

I'm not too keen on pre-workout nutrition. I feel as though an adequate meal 30-90 minutes beforehand is efficient enough in supplying me with the nutrients I need.

I will be taking Green MAGnitude prior to lifting sessions however. I will also be drinking Xtend (BCAA?s) during both cardio and lifting sessions to help preserve muscle during this cut.

Post-Workout nutrition is what I?m all about. At 185 lbs., a reasonable post workout shake would involve 46.5g protein (.25g/lb. TBW), and 92.5g carbohydrates (.5g/lb. TBW). The carbohydrates in this shake will be a split between complex (oats) and simple (banana). The protein source will be from Whey protein.

Training

Max-OT Routine

MONDAY: H.I.I.T. // Back + Biceps // Floor Hockey
TUESDAY: Spinning/Low Intensity Cardio // Triceps, Forearms, + Abs
WEDNESDAY: H.I.I.T. // Legs + Calves
THURSDAY: Spinning/Low-Intensity Cardio // Shoulders + Traps
FRIDAY: H.I.I.T. // Chest + Abs
SATURDAY: Rest
SUNDAY: Rest

I do 500 crunches daily, except on days I workout my abs. This routine is most likely to switch on an (almost) weekly basis.

I will go into more detail regarding specific exercises as I continue this log.

DTSalvation
06-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Supplements

I love supplements. It's a bad habit really... (The best supplement is, of course, a well-balanced, clean diet and exercise routine. All others come second to that!)

ON 100% Whey Extreme Milk Chocolate Tastes great with water. A bit more cocoa-flavored than the Double Rich Chocolate.. I?m thinking Rocky Road next!
Tri-Methy-Lean + Green Tea Extract A supplier carries the TriMethyLean ephedra product around here that I bought.. I stack it with green tea extract twice a day, sometimes thrice a day. My supply is running low, and with all the positive reviews I?m seeing of Leviathan, I may try that for a bit.
Nature Made Fish Oil Although I should use it more for EFAs, I only use it to help bump up my fat intake for the day. Daily use varies..
Cytosport Muscle Milk Cookies 'n Creme I only use this maybe once a week at bedtime for the casein, if my macros allow it.
Controlled Labs' Green MAGnitude Vitamin World in my local mall carries this now, and I had to pick it up! I?ll one serving, split between pre and post workout on training days. On weekends I?ll use my bulk Creatine Mono or CEE HCL powder.
NOW Adam Multivitamins I take two tablets, once daily. On weekends (rest days), I?ll be using a different multi, VitaSmart?s Men?s Premium Multivitamin to help save on the Adam?s, and because I won?t need all of the wonderful vitamins on weekends.
New-Whey Liquid Protein I just picked up two vials of this stuff in case I'm sufficiently under my protein intake for the day.. Quick 42g protein in liquid form :-)
Scivation Xtend (Grape) BCAA's to sip on during cardio + lifting. Twice a day, 5 days a week. Once a day on weekends.
GNC L-Arginine 5000 I haven't used this in a while, and with the Green MAG, I don?t really see the point.

Feedback Appreciated

As always, feedback is welcome. I'd like to know what everyone thinks, etc.

Does anyone feel as though I should switch my routine off of Max-OT? I worry that it?s more geared towards building muscle than cutting fat. I do want to build muscle, but not much. I?m pretty happy with the muscle I have, I just want to retain that and shed the remaining fat on my body. Full-body workouts are a thought?

Feedback? Comments? Questions?

MJ1331
06-28-2007, 04:48 AM
This journal is inspiring. I was once at 275 but now i am down to about 220. I still have a while to go but reading things like this motivate me even more to eat right and work hard.

Keep up the good work!

DTSalvation
06-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Thanks man! Keep up the good work, and congratulations on your accomplishments already! I know it can be a tough road, but it's totally worth it. Thanks, again.

DTSalvation
06-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I bought a jump rope :-)

And I'm also looking into starting some form of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or some (Muay) Thai Kickboxing to really tone up.. Anyone ever take any classes on this stuff? It seems interesting and really stress-relieving :-)

Well, I'll post my workout soon, along with my macros + such.

P.S. I'm hitting the reality that I may stop taking the TriMethyLean soon, and give my body a few weeks off of caffeine, then start up with Leviathan. I think the Fat-Burning effects are pretty diminished considering most people talk about fat just coming off, and well.. It's not, nor has with these products.. Hmm.

DTSalvation
06-28-2007, 05:16 PM
June 28, 2007
Shoulders + Traps
Day 1 of "Neo-Cut"

Supplements
Green MAGnitude (2.5g Pre- and Post- Workout)

Weights
Time: 1:00 - 1:27 P.M.
Military Barbell Press
1x12 Bar
1x10 50 lbs.
1x8 80 lbs.
2x4 110 lbs. *

Seated Dumbbell Press
2x6 50 lbs.

Standing Side Lat. Raises
2x8 27.5 lbs.

Romanian Deadlifts
2x6 225 lbs. *

Barbell Shrugs
2x6 225 lbs. *

Cardio
Time:
Jump Rope (5 minutes)
Crunches (500 or 600)

Notes: Feeling good. It was a low-carb day, and a very reduced caloric intake day.. 1928 calories, which is quite under my previous low of 2600. So, I didn't want to actually go too hard on myself. I bought a jump rope, and never realized how strenous it actually is.. I barely made the 5 minutes of it! I have to readjust to it, but plan on doing it more often. I think the Green MAG had a nice effect, as I really nailed my deadlifts today.

* = New PR (Personal Record)

DTSalvation
06-28-2007, 05:54 PM
June 28, 2007
Diet
Day 1 of "Neo-Cut"

10:10 AM: Woke up, had 1/2 scoop whey in water + took my TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack.
10:50 AM: Breakfast. 2 eggs, overeasy, with two extra eggwhites. Had some baby carrots and a handful of walnuts. Drank some BCAA's.
12:30 PM: 1/2 scoop of Green MAGnitude.
1:00 - 1:27 PM: Weights (Shoulders + Traps)
1:30 PM: 1/2 scoop of Green MAG
1:45 PM: Protein smoothie (1.5 scoops whey, 1 cup oats, 1 small banana) + NOW Adam Multivitamins
4:30 PM: TriMethyLean / Green Tea stack
5:00 PM: 6 oz. chicken breast w/ oriental vegetables
7:45 PM: 12 oz. chicken breast
10:30 PM: 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

Totals C / P / F
Goal: 1929 kcal, 120 / 250 / 50
Actual: 1901 kcal, 123 / 225 / 55

Comments Today was quite the bum day. Besides lifting + my 500 crunches (and some mediocre jump rope), I looked up information about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai Kickboxing.. I really want to get shredded.

I didn't go Spinning at all this week.. Tracey's gonna be pissed, but I'm really looking for something else. (See above)

I saw LIVEFREEorDIEHARD today too. Very good movie, better than I expected. Well, off to bed considering I have another fun double-shift tomorrow at work.. joy. XO

DTSalvation
06-29-2007, 12:54 PM
June 29, 2007
Chest + Abs
Day 2 of "Neo-Cut"

Supplements
Green MAGnitude (1 serving Pre-Workout)
ON 100% Gold Standard Whey (1.5 scoops Pre- and During Workout)

Weights Max-OT Week 8
Time: 2:13 - 2:35 P.M.
Flat Barbell Bench Press
1x12 Bar
1x10 90 lbs.
1x8 120 lbs.
3x4 155 lbs. *

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
2x6 50 lbs.

Dips
1x6

Cable Rope Crunches
2x12 155 lbs. *

Leg Raises (Weighted)
2x12 8 lbs. *

Cardio
Time: 11:57 A.M. - 12:17 P.M.
H.I.I.T. (Treadmill) -- 280 calories burned, 1.91 miles

Notes: No double! We had a bunch of guys on, so boss let me go home early. Nice.. Plus, I'm getting a raise. Should help with my supplement buying habits.. Haha. Felt really good at the gym. I think it was a cross between getting out of work early and getting a raise.. I also drank all my Green MAG pre-workout today, mostly because I used my empty shaker bottle for a protein smoothie during workout (because I really didn't have an adequate pre-workout meal..). Posting my nutrition/diet later today.

* = New PR (Personal Record)

DTSalvation
06-29-2007, 09:04 PM
June 29, 2007
Diet
Day 2 of "Neo-Cut"

6:15 A.M. -- Wake up, .5 scoop Whey
6:35 A.M. -- 1 serving TriMethyLean / Green Tea Extract
7:00 A.M. -- 1 cup Quaker Oats with cinnamon, 6 oz. Turkey breast (skin), 1 hardboiled egg.
8:30 A.M. -- 1 can Lo-Carb Monster Energy Drink
10:00 A.M. -- 4 oz. Turkey Breast (skinless), Handful of walnuts, handful of raisins, NOW Adam Multivitamins
11:45 A.M. -- TriMethyLean / Green Tea Stack
11:55 A.M. -- Small banana
11:57 - 12:17 P.M. -- H.I.I.T. (treadmill); 280 calories, 1.91 miles (Xtend)
1:45 P.M. -- 1 serving Green MAGnitude
2:10 P.M. -- Sipping on 1.5 servings Whey (during workout)
2:13 - 2:35 P.M. -- Workout Chest + Abs
2:50 P.M. -- 1.5 Servings Whey in water, 1 cup Oats, 1 Small Banana (eaten)
4:15 P.M. -- 6 oz. Chicken Breast, Organic Baby Carrots, Broccoli Florets
7:00 P.M. -- 2 tbsp Natty Peanut Butter, 6 oz. Chicken Breast
12:00 A.M. -- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage cheese, 2 tbsp Natty PB, 3 oz. Organic Baby Carrots

Totals
Goal: 3214.67 kcal, 289 / 277.5 / 105
Actual: 3219 kcal, 266 / 314 / 107

Notes: Not sure if I should be happy with this or not.. I'm relatively happy.. Calories were almost spot on... Carbs I actually under shot, where I almost was spot on with fat, but clearly overshot protein.. Me lovey me some protein.

Hopefully I can get a decent amount of sleep for tomorrow, as it's a low-carb/cal day.. Not to mention I need to get a better-sized jump-rope, look up some classes on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / Thai Kickboxing, and go to a friends' Grad party.. Joy! XO

DTSalvation
06-30-2007, 07:53 PM
June 30, 2007
Diet
Day 3 of "Neo-Cut"

10:00 A.M. -- Wake up, TriMethyLean / Green Tea Extract
10:15 A.M. -- 1 scoop whey, 6 oz. Chicken breast, 1 large egg with three extra egg whites.
11:00 A.M. -- 5g Higher Power Micronized Creatine Monohydrate
1:30 P.M. -- 2 MorningStar Veggie Burgers, 3 oz. Organic Baby Carrots, 1.5 oz. Raisins, VitaSmart Multivitamin
3:50 P.M. -- Tri-Methy-Lean / Green Tea Extract
4:30 P.M. -- Banquet Chicken Selects Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts (really good..), 3 oz. Organic carrots (I love me some carrots I guess.)
7:15 P.M. -- Roast beef with horseradish, baby carrots, celery, cucumbers, raw broccoli
11:00 P.M. -- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese (pre-bed)

Totals
Goal: 1928.8 kcal, 120 / 250 / 50
Actual: 1825 kcal, 104 / 215 / 59

Notes: Well, today was a relatively good day.. Kept my carbs and protein a bit under what I'd like, as with calories, but all things considered today went well.. My fat intake was 9 grams over, which makes me a bit sad, but considering it's because I had some roast beef at a friend's grad party (and no pizza, cake, or taco dip), I'm ridiculously proud. :-)

In other news, I will be switching up my routine. Even with my calorie deficit, I feel like I'm getting bigger.. Chest, etc. And it's muscle, but I don't want it. I really want to tone down, get ripped, and look lean. So I'm going to stop the Max-OT workout (although it's done wonders for muscle stimulating!), and go with a little something else.. Higher reps, more cardio.. Really lower that body fat hopefully.

I bought a weighted jump-rope today, and it's actually my size. So I jumped-rope for 5 minutes today.. No music, kinda bored, plus tired. I'm also looking into getting a body/sand bag, but have no where to hang it, so I have to consider some options.. Hmmm... Anyways, goodnight all! XO

DTSalvation
07-01-2007, 04:19 PM
July 1, 2007
Diet
Day 4 of "Neo-Cut"

OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN: 181 lbs.
Down from 185 lb.

6:35 A.M. -- .5 scoop whey, TriMethyLean / Green Tea Extract
7:00 A.M. -- 1 egg, 2 egg whites, skinless turkey
10:15 A.M. -- Skinless turkey, 1 oz. sliced almonds, VitaSmart Multi
12:00 P.M. -- TriMethyLean / Green Tea Extract
12:30 P.M. -- 8 oz. Chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli (from frozen)
3:30 P.M. -- 1 can tuna (drained) with horseradish mustard; 1/2 cup Oats with cinnamon and raisins (to boost those carbs a bit..)
5:55 P.M. -- TriMethyLean / Green Tea Extract
6:25 P.M. -- 2 Boca Burgers with fried onions, 3 oz. Organic carrots, 1 scoop Whey Protein
10:30 P.M. -- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese,1 tbsp Natty PB

Totals
Goal: 1928.8 kcal, 120 / 250 / 50
Actual: 1880 kcal, 122 / 257 / 43

Notes: Much closer to the goal macronutrients and caloric intake for the day.. Pretty happy about that. Not to mention I've lost nearly 4 lbs. in a week. Although I think it might be my body adjusting to the "no-carb" weekends.. I actually found it hard to consumer enough carbs today.. Even had oatmeal with some raisins!

Tomorrow starts the new workout plan.. I'm excited.. Probably be at the gym a bit longer, as it involves 3 sets of more repetitions.. Get that whole cardiovascular aspect of the lifting, to really shred the fat hopefully. Enough getting bigger, darn it!

Well, until tomorrow. Wish me luck! XO

p.s. bye-bye Danny Briere, Buffalo will miss you and your $10 million contract (for next year, at least.)