PDA

View Full Version : My Fat Loss Journey

Pages : [1] 2 3

chrischap01
06-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I decided it was time to start a journal to keep me on track, and hopefully to help others in some way. I know I get a lot of motivation and tips from reading everyone else's journals on here!

I started seriously trying to lose weight in September of 2006. I had just moved across country to DC, where all of a sudden I was walking constantly after years of rarely doing anything but sitting or driving. When weight started to fall off, I decided to take advantage of my new lifestyle and change my diet and hit the gym.

I had been dissatisfied with my weight for a long time, and had tried several different diets or exercise programs. I usually did the right things, but I would never stick with it long enough to make any real progress. Several things motivated me to really seriously try this time. I saw some photos of myself and did not even recognize the person pictured as me. I started to feel like I was not only letting myself down, but I was no longer the man that my wife of 12 years fell in love with. I was depressed most of the time. I walked very quickly up 4 flights of stairs with a friend and I thought I was going to die, literally. I hyperventilated for several minutes.

All of these things and others I am forgetting motivated me to make a change. In September, I started going to the gym 4 days per week. I found an exercise program that worked for me and I stuck with it religiously, and tracked my goals and progress. I walked every where that I could, making sure to take at least one long walk every day. I replaced a lot of fast food, pizza, and frozen food with fresh seafood, veggies, chicken, and oatmeal. I cut my portion sizes almost in half, and began to eat 4-5 times per day instead of 2-3. I started drinking at least a gallon of water per day.

So, here I am, still at it. I have lost about 60 pounds so far, although I have not weighed in almost a month so I may be down lower than that. I know I have lost an inch or two on my waist in that time. I plan to weigh next week, so I will update at that time!

My overall goal right now is to get down to 225, which is lighter than I have ever been. I got into pretty decent shape in college after I shed my football weight and got down to 230, but I know I can go lower than that. So, 225 is what I am shooting for, but I will re-evaluate things at that time and decide where to go from there. I look at this as on ongoing, unending commitment to rather than something that will end when I reach a certain weight or BF%. I want to continually improve my overall health and fitness level, and eventually find some kind of competitive outlet to apply my training.

Finnegan Bell
06-16-2007, 08:39 AM
good luck man,we are here to help,feel free to post ur diet and workouts so we can critique.

chrischap01
06-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks, Kaaud.

Right now I am doing Charles Staley's Escalating Density Training program, with 2 twenty minute periods, sets of 6, as follows:

Day 1: (Bench+chins) and (seated rows+push press) and HIIT
Day 2: (squats+leg curls) and (weighted sit ups+calf raise) and HIIT
Day 3: (Curls+tri extension) and (DB incline bench+pullovers) and HIIT
Day 4: (leg extension+swiss ball pushups) and (decline situps+hanging leg raises) and HIIT
Day 5: off
Day 6: long walk, run, bike ride, (i.e. whatever I feel like doing as long as its something active)
Day 7: off

cawiau
06-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I wish you the best of luck.

Now, is the diet in check?
That is the most important part of all this!

chrischap01
06-16-2007, 09:38 PM
The diet is in check, but it is not perfect. My primary rules are that I eat 4-5 times per day, and I watch portion sizes much more closely than calories. I don't do it every day, but I have tracked a week here or there on Fitday.com to see what my calorie count is and make sure I am still on track. I am typically in the 2500 calorie range. I generally eat the same way all the time, so it is pretty easy to stick to.

I try to eat a protein bar when I get up, before heading to the gym. I don't always, though.

After the gym, I eat oatmeal with flax and one tbsp pb for breakfast most days, but 2-3 times per week I will have 2 eggs scrambled with chicken sausage and a jalepeno, and 2 slices of whole grain toast.

Lunch is usually either leftovers from dinner or a turkey & cheese sandwich with mustard and/or horseradish, or something equivalent. If I don't have a veggie leftover from dinner I will often have a salad with a drizzle of oil and and a lot of vinegar and pepper.

Dinner is always one piece of meat and one green veggie. Sometimes I throw in some brown rice or a sweet potato, usually on days I have worked out or had very few other carbs.

At night I either have a snack of homemade trail mix or another sandwich.

I drink a gallon of water per day and a ridiculous amount of coffee.

I buy whole grain (no flour) bread, and I try to avoid added fats in the forms of cheese, dressings, oils, etc. The meat is usually 6-8 oz, grilled or seared, and 4-5 nights a week I eat fish, 1-2 nights I eat chicken, and 1 night I eat beef. Every once in a while I have pork, maybe once per month or so.

I don't have a cheat day per se, but if I am out to eat with friends or family on the weekend I usually don't worry too much about it and eat and drink what I want for that one night. It is not every week, but I probably do it every other week. I also will not deny myself a burger or some other fast food if I am in the mood, but I still try to avoid added fat/cheese and I never get fatty or starchy sides like fries.

chrischap01
06-16-2007, 09:42 PM
by the way, here is today's log entry...

Today was not a gym day, but I went tubing on the Shenandoah River. It was a blast, and I was surprised how much work it was. I was kicking and/or paddling the whole time, and I was basically holding a suspended situp for two and a half hours. I will be sore and sunburned tomorrow!

chrischap01
06-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Another day off, so not too much to report. I stuck on the diet today, which is good since I ate some road food and had 5 beers yesterday!

I plan to take a walk or a jog in the next hour or so, just to get out of the house.

I am thinking of changing my 4 day per week lifting schedule from Mon-Tue-Wed-Thur to Mon-Tue-Thur-Fri, just to avoid the 3 days straight away from the gym every weekend. When I started I was out of town a lot on weekends and thought it would be easier to avoid missing workouts that way, but that is not as much of a problem anymore.

I am supposed to be back in the gym tomorrow morning, but I am helping a friend move in the morning and may skip the gym if I do enough heavy lifting. Otherwise, I will try to hit the gym in the evening instead.

chrischap01
06-17-2007, 08:16 PM
... took a 45 minute walk, then came back and had a stir fry of 1 chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, broc****, chiles, garlic, juice of 1 lime, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. It was good, and very spicy. I find that if I make something really spicy, eating it feels kind of decadent, and it almost feels like a cheat meal even though it isn't. It helps me avoid cravings for crap like pizza and taco bell!

chrischap01
06-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Did not make the gym today because I was helping a friend move. It ended up being a 9 hour project, and according to fitday I burned over 7,000 calories. This fool had the heaviest furniture I have ever seen, nothing came apart and alot of it was particle board.

Did not stick to the diet either, as I only had time to eat twice and both times were on the go. I am sure it all evened out, and any metabolic damage done from not eating right will be corrected in a day or two and were somewhat outweighed by the ridiculous amount of calories burned.

chrischap01
06-19-2007, 09:43 AM
This is going to hurt...

I am not sore yet, but when I flex my biceps nothing happens. The muscle just stays limp. Good thing I don't have an upper body workout again until Friday!

When I go to the gym for HIIT tonight I think I will just hang from the chinup bar for a while to stretch them out some.

chrischap01
06-19-2007, 06:47 PM
I had a good day today. Had oatmeal with 1 tbsp of PB and 1 serving of chocolate protein powder (Evo-Pro casein + whey). Tasted like a Reese's cup!

cups of coffee, black

1 gallon of water

2 turkey sandwiches, no cheese, mustard, whole wheat

1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broc****, 1 chicken breast

as for the workout, I just did cardio today - a 20 minute HIIT session.

The 46" waist shorts I bought over the memorial day weekend are already way too big!

chrischap01
06-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Spent that day with an old friend in town for the day, so I enjoyed some brews and saw Fantastic Four, so not a lot of diet/exercise progress today. I did stick within my portion size requirements, although I am sure the beer threw the calorie count off!

I did walk a couple of miles, though, so I probably took no steps back! Let's hope so, anyways...

Will hit the gym in the morning

chrischap01
06-21-2007, 09:24 AM
About to head to the gym, feeling good today! I am starting to see some veins on my arms for the first time in 12+ years.

katiedids
06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
... I find that if I make something really spicy, eating it feels kind of decadent, and it almost feels like a cheat meal even though it isn't.

i totally agree with this.

chrischap01
06-22-2007, 06:15 PM
I had a good workout, but I was sick all day so I have not eaten much.

I did a 1 mile jog to warmup
Chins
Seated Rows
Curls
Incline Bench
1 mile jog to cooldown

I plan to back in the morning and do legs to make up for the workout I missed this week, and maybe a good HIIT session afterward if I feel like it after legs.

chrischap01
06-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Decided to lift today to make up for missing a day this week. I had a good workout:

Squats 60x260
Leg Curl 60x125
DB Swings 89x40
calf raise 66x135
2 miles elliptical

diet has been good so far today, but I am thinking of starting a refeed in the morning, or at dinner tonight...

chrischap01
06-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Not a bad day. I took the day off from the gym, but I did tak about a 2 mile walk. I decided not to start the refeed, I am going to give it a few more days and see if I start losing again.

chrischap01
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
I have been living on protein bars, coffee, and water for the last 20 hours or so. I really need to get myself to the store!

I am heading to the gym to do upper body and some light cardio. I want to do HIIT, but I am so sore from the Saturday leg workout that I think I should just do something light to get the blood flowing again.

I have not figured out how to work in HIIT to my new 4 day per week lifting schedule. I am usually too worn out after lifting to really get as intense as HIIT calls for, so I have just been going as hard as I could. I don't want to go 7 days per week to get 3 HIIT sessions in, so I guess I may need to split cardio and lifting, and maybe do one in the morning and the other in the evening. I may try that tomorrow and see how it goes!

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm tagging along on your journey! I like the well planned set-up. Good Luck!!

chrischap01
06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks, man, Ill take all the help I can get!

I have been watching your log as well, you have me seriously thinking about getting back on the keto train. In fact, that is why I have not yet gone to the store - I am still trying to decide what to buy when I get there!

chrischap01
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I ended up having a pretty good day. Calories were a little low I think, but otherwise the diet was good.

Breakfast - Pure Protein Bar
Lunch - Turkey sandwich, whole wheat, 1 slice swiss, mustard
Workout
Dinner-2 small Salmon steaks and 1 cup green beans
Snack - handful of trail mix, 1 tbsp peanut butter

After I ate I went to the store and stocked the fridge with tilapia, salmon, steak, eggs, chicken sausage, broc****, celery, shrimp, cheese, and spinach. I should be able to avoid the 2-3 meal days now!

My workout was pretty good today as well:

Bench - 71 reps @ 150
Seated Row - 72 reps @ 165
Barbell Curl - 72 reps @ 120
Tri Pushdown - 72 reps @ 120
DB Incline Bench - 60 reps @ 50
Lat Pulldown - 60 reps @ 165
2 mile run @ alternating intensities

Looking forward to a light leg day, core, and HIIT tomorrow!

Druluv75
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks, man, Ill take all the help I can get!

I have been watching your log as well, you have me seriously thinking about getting back on the keto train. In fact, that is why I have not yet gone to the store - I am still trying to decide what to buy when I get there!

All you need is steak, ground beef, cheese, and salmon lol. Keto is very easy shopping. Just avoid all the middle Aisle and you do fine. lol

chrischap01
06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I meant I was trying to decide whether to get keto stuff, or oats & brown rice and milk!

Druluv75
06-26-2007, 07:45 AM
here is an excerpt from the Anabolic Diet- By Dr. Mario Di Pasquale
INTRODUCTION
DIETARY FAT IS NOT THE ENEMY
THE MYTH
You’ve heard it all before. Everybody from the American Medical Association to the media
trendsetters to that so-called “expert” at your neighborhood gym has been saying the same thing for
the last three decades: Fat is bad. Carbohydrates are good. If you want to get the body you’ve been
working so hard for, you’ve got to focus on those carbohydrates and keep fat to an absolute minimum.
So you dedicate yourself to living by the percentages the Lords of Lowfat give you. 55 percent
carbs. No more than 15 percent fat. You load up on turkey and chicken. You separate the egg
whites. You surgically remove all visible fat from any piece of meat. You always broil. Never fry.
But you’ve been living a lie.
Fact is, the high carbohydrate diet favored by so many bodybuilders can actually work against
them. They bulk up on all those carbs and end up packing on a tremendous amount of bodyfat.
Then, when it’s time to cut, too much muscle ends up being left in the gym along with the bodyfat.
Strength levels and personal motivation drops. You can become irritable. Maybe even
depressed. By the time that contest you’ve been working so hard for comes around, you often
look no better than you did for the last contest. You may look worse.
And that diet. To say it’s inconvenient and strict would be a drastic understatement. In a
world where eating makes up a great part of our social life, the regimen of a high carb diet can
quickly make you a social outcast.
Not that you can’t make progress toward your goals with a high carb diet. You can. Some.
But you can also find yourself plateauing or even losing lean body mass. As you count down
toward contest time, panic can set in. You take drastic measures to compensate for the state
you’re in and end up losing weeks of training.
So, why are you torturing yourself? Especially when there is an alternative that can pack on
muscle while keeping bodyfat at a minimum. It’s called the Anabolic Diet and, while it flies in
the face of what most bodybuilders have been led to believe, it could be the answer to your prayers.
THE ANABOLIC DIET
Unlike the high carb diet that can work against the body’s system of growth producing
hormones, the Anabolic Diet maximizes the production and utilization of the Big 3 growth
producers — testosterone, growth hormone and insulin — and does it naturally. It also shifts
the body’s metabolism from that of a sugar burning, fat producing machine to that of a fat
burning machine. With the body packing on extra muscle and simultaneously burning both
dietary and stored body fat, the bodybuilder finds himself twice blessed.
The Anabolic Diet stresses a high fat/high protein/low carbohydrate approach to nutrition.
INTRODUCTION 3
Many in the general public will dismiss it out of hand, citing the popular beliefs that fat is a
prime component in heart disease, cancer and obesity. Likewise, many bodybuilders have come
to assume that dietary fat smooths the bodybuilder out and blurs definition.
But they couldn’t be more wrong. Dietary fat, when utilized properly as in the Anabolic Diet,
can be the key to growth and success. And while some will see the Anabolic Diet as a new,
revolutionary, even dangerous approach to nutrition, its basics actually originated with the
dawning of mankind.

chrischap01
06-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the tips, Dru. I am a keto veteran to some extent, but it has been a few years since I did it. I know Di Pasquale's philosophy is a little different than what I have done in the past, so I appreciate the info. I may check out his book.

Good day so far today! I bought a couple of new t-shirts when I was back in Texas a few weeks ago and they were all too tight. I threw on one this morning (because I neglected to do laundry over the weekend) and it fits pretty nicely! I also bought two pairs of shorts on the trip that fit perfectly at the time, and now they are at least 2 inches too big in the waist. So, even though the scale is not moving I know I am still making good progress!

chrischap01
06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I skipped the gym today and took another 2 mile walk. It was leg day and my legs are still pretty sore from Saturday, I think I overdid it a little!

The diet went pretty good, but I did have few beers tonight with a friend in town from Saudi Arabia.

I will hit the gym hard tomorrow!

Saint Mike
06-26-2007, 11:00 PM
I skipped the gym today and took another 2 mile walk. It was leg day and my legs are still pretty sore from Saturday, I think I overdid it a little!Good coice on opting for the walk. The last thing you want is to injure yourself.

Keep up the good work, bro!

Peace,
Mike

Hotmoltenlava
06-26-2007, 11:16 PM
My workout was pretty good today as well:

Bench - 71 reps @ 150
Seated Row - 72 reps @ 165
Barbell Curl - 72 reps @ 120
Tri Pushdown - 72 reps @ 120
DB Incline Bench - 60 reps @ 50
Lat Pulldown - 60 reps @ 165
2 mile run @ alternating intensities

Hey man, good to see you are working hard. Not trying disrespect in any way, but I have to ask. Why so many reps on one set? Is this a routine you read about somewhere? Not to say it won't work, just curious. Keep up the hard work.

Have a good one.

chrischap01
06-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Good question...

The program is called Escalating Density Training. It's not all in one set, I do sets of 6 reps. The idea is to see how much work you can get done in a given time period. I take two opposing exercises (either push/pull or antagonistic muscles) and alternate them in sets of 6 for 20 minutes, resting 30 seconds between each set. The above numbers reflect the total number of reps I did for each exercise in the 20 minute period. The idea is to have that number go up each week, and when it increases by 25-30% I increase the weight by 5 or 10%.

chrischap01
06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Had a good workout today. Today is normally a day off, but I went in to do a leg workout to make up for missing it yesterday. I was doing my warmup on the elliptical (1 mile normally) and it just felt good so I kept going. I ended up doing 5 miles. I figured at my weight and with some resistance on the machine that was not a bad leg workout, and I will be in better shape to do my heavier leg day on Friday!

So far I have beenn on track diet wise. I did have a bottle of Gatorade after the 5 miles, though. That is more sugar than I like but I felt like I needed it! Besides, the water in my building today is brown for some reason, I think they are working on the pipes.

chrischap01
06-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, I was out and ended up having a cheesburger and a pickle for dinner instead of the steak and broc**** I had set out to cook. I did not eat the fries though!

TheKansan
06-28-2007, 08:20 AM
No big deal, just don't make eating cheeseburgers a habit. Personally I would rather have steak any day over a cheeseburger.

chrischap01
06-28-2007, 09:01 AM
No big deal, just don't make eating cheeseburgers a habit. Personally I would rather have steak any day over a cheeseburger.
I would too, but I was not at home and I would rather pay cheeseburger prices than steak prices when I am out. ;)

And actually, the cheesburger is OK on the plan I have been following (focus is on portion sizes and calories), but I was trying to shift to a lower carb intake this week. That is the only reason I felt bad about it.

TheKansan
06-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I guess if you were eating out, steak can cost an arm and a leg. Anyway, its good that the cheeseburger fit into your plan. Eating out is good every once in a while, to keep you from losing your sanity.

Druluv75
06-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Don't worry too much about the hamburger bun, its probably around 25 -30g carbs. If you didn't have carb fest that day it shouldn't ofset your goals. Those carbs was most routed to muscle for much need glycogen

chrischap01
06-28-2007, 11:39 AM
cool, thanks fellas

chrischap01
06-28-2007, 03:46 PM
had a good day today:

steak and eggs with ranchero sauce for breakfast
protein bar for lunch
lots of water!
will probably grab a big salad with grilled chicken on the waterfront for dinner on my way to see Transformers!

at the gym I did:

10 min warmup on rowing machine
Neck Press
Upright Rows
Bench Press
Lat Pull Down
Decline weighted situps
knee raises

elliptical:
5 min warmup
5 min of tabata intervals
5 min cooldown

chrischap01
06-28-2007, 10:52 PM
I have had a very strong week working out and a reasonable week diet wise. I need to do better if I want to reach my goals by my self-imposed deadlines.

I have tried several new things this week. I switched to a ketogenic diet, but it was kind of a wasted week in that regard since I broke it 3 or 4 times during the week. I tried to add the neck press to my chest routine. I think I did it wrong because I really felt it in my triceps much more than in my chest, and from my reading part of the purpose of the neck press is that it isolates your chest more than standard bench. Finally, I tried a cardio workout with tabata intervals. I really liked that, and could feel a difference between that and standard HIIT. It was a shorter workout over all, but my heart rate stayed higher throughout the workout and I almost felt high for a little while after it was over. That's probably a bad thing but I enjoyed it while it lasted!

I feel like I am on track to make significant progress this summer, and physically I feel better than I have in as long as I can remember.

chrischap01
06-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh, and Transformers was AWESOME! If you like summer blockbuster popcorn flicks, it does not get much better than that. I can't remember a single lull in the action, the characters were reasonably interesting and the actors all did a good job, the effects were top notch (literally like nothing I have ever seen before and I have seen everything). It was also quite funny, with a lot of one liners. The audience seemed to love it, and broke into applause numerous times during the movie and at the end of the movie.

I give it two thumbs up!

Saint Mike
06-29-2007, 03:04 AM
Cool...I look forward to seeing Transformers.

I'm still waiting to see the scale move, but as you said, I feel better than I have in a long time. All in due time, I guess.

Peace,
Mike

BTW, I still got DOMS like a mofo in my abs.

katiedids
06-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Oh, and Transformers was AWESOME! If you like summer blockbuster popcorn flicks, it does not get much better than that. I can't remember a single lull in the action, the characters were reasonably interesting and the actors all did a good job, the effects were top notch (literally like nothing I have ever seen before and I have seen everything). It was also quite funny, with a lot of one liners. The audience seemed to love it, and broke into applause numerous times during the movie and at the end of the movie.

I give it two thumbs up!

yayyyyyyyy!!! i'm so excited to see it. i'm getting a little sick of seeing movies on opening night though...i feel like i always get stuck sitting around idiots. this guy during die hard was literally SCREAMING throughout the whole movie. everytime someone got punched, or something blew up, he'd SCREAM OUT "YEAH!!! WHOOOOO!!! YEAH THAT"S WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT!! YEAH!". and then the guy behind me was giving a running commentary on the movie..."he's going to pull a gun" "she's hiding behind that crate". people are ridiculous. maybe it's a dc thing?

so glad transformers was good!

chrischap01
06-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I usually catch movies on Saturday and Sunday mornings when no one else is around for that very reason! The commentary does not bother me as much as the fools who not only leave their phone on, but actually answer it and start talking.

Last night was free and a sneak preview, so I broke with tradition. It was packed, but the crowd was reasonably well behaved. After we left they gave us free passes to another sneak. I was hoping for Harry Potter, but it was some movie I have never heard of called "Hot Rod" starring Andy Samberg. I like his web shorts and SNL stuff, so I will probably check it out.

Saint Mike
06-29-2007, 09:31 AM
My bro-in-law works at a theater...I will probably go see it when they do the employee advance screening.

chrischap01
06-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Good day overall.

Squats - 54 reps @ 280
leg curls - 54 reps at 125
20 min on lifecycle @ full resistance
5 min cool down on bike
1 mile fast walk

Food so far:

Steak, 3 eggs, salsa for breakfast
protein shake
2 eggs & 2 pieces of sprouted grain bread

chrischap01
06-30-2007, 07:14 PM
nothing new to add today, just wanted to check in on my off day!

I stayed within my calorie limits but did have a cookie and an iced coffee.

I was reminded of the "were you treated differently thread" from the losing fat board today when the young lady working at Starbucks seemed to be flirting with me (I can be clueless about such things), then after I got home I noticed she had written a smiley face and "you are soooo cute" on my cup! If I was more of a lecher I would have gone back for a refill...

krissymoo
06-30-2007, 08:52 PM
That is awesome! lol, it's interesting what losing 10 lbs does... all of a sudden guys give me the "eye" lol

Keep up the good work!

chrischap01
06-30-2007, 09:14 PM
all of a sudden guys give me the "eye" lol

Beware! Guys are only after one thing! ;)

krissymoo
06-30-2007, 09:18 PM
haha, yea and they aren't getting any... so they can chase all they want :-p

chrischap01
06-30-2007, 09:23 PM
good girl, I owe you a rep.

krissymoo
06-30-2007, 09:27 PM
WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Make it a good one... ! :-p

chrischap01
06-30-2007, 10:01 PM
WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Make it a good one... ! :-p
will do ...

chrischap01
07-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I took another off day from the gym, just being lazy. I was awake all night last night and slept a good chunk of the day away as a result!

Then I had a hard day once I got going, but I stuck to the diet for the most part. I will be back with in the gym with a vengeance tomorrow.

chrischap01
07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, I added a thermogenic to my program today. I am trying Adipokinetix from Forge Nutrition. I have never taken a thermogenic, and I generally avoid supplements (other than protein, vitamins, and fish oil). So, if there are any sudden changes in my results they will likely be directly attributable to this supplement.

I took a half dose this morning (I am being cautious since I am new to this), and I did notice I felt a little jittery and warm. Hopefully those are signs of a racing metabolism!

I will hit the gym this afternoon and report back tonight...

chrischap01
07-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I had a good workout today:

Seated Row: 48 x 180lbs
Lat Pulldown: 48 x 180 lbs
Pullovers: 66 x 120 lbs
Hammer Curls: 66 x 100lbs

3 mile run

I weighed in and the scale still has not moved. This is getting frustrating. I think maybe I am doing a combination of not eating enough and not eating the right things when I do eat. I guess I will get strict in the diet department again and see if I can get things going again!

chrischap01
07-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I did not eat enough today, and hardly any veggies. Not much appetite for some reason. Might be the new supp?

10 am: 1/4 gallon water
12 pm: 3 eggs & 1 chicken sausage link, 2 tbsp salsa, 5 cups coffee
6 pm: 2 turkey hot dogs, 1 diet mountain dew, 1/4 gallon water
8 pm: 1 small glass scotch
11 pm: 1 turkey sandwich, 1 cup coffee, 1/4 gallon water

rmedina8804
07-03-2007, 02:12 AM
not seeing any weight loss is frustrating and can definitely kill motivation. but keep pressing youll see results soon enough... try pushing the scale aside and just take pics, youll definitely see progress. i did! good luck to you!

Saint Mike
07-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Keep at it bro. We're all in this together!

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 07:25 AM
not seeing any weight loss is frustrating and can definitely kill motivation. but keep pressing youll see results soon enough... try pushing the scale aside and just take pics, youll definitely see progress. i did! good luck to you!
thanks man! So far, the scale being stuck has been added motivation. I am very competitive, so it is like a personal war with that scale now. I know whaat you mean, though, and it will suck the life out of me eventually i it does not start going down again soon! The pics are a good idea...

repped

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Keep at it bro. We're all in this together!
thanks Mike!

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Today is my light leg and ab day. By light I mean the day I do not do squats.

I may try and do my DB swing routine again, that got some crazed look from others in the gym last time though. I never do dead lifts on the day I am supposed to because I am worn out after squats, so I may try those today and see how it goes.

heathershubby
07-03-2007, 10:42 AM
the weight will come off platues suck big monkey baallllsss I feel for ya you will break it soon just hang it there bro.

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 11:20 AM
the weight will come off platues suck big monkey baallllsss I feel for ya you will break it soon just hang it there bro.
Thanks for the support man!

I'd rep you and Mike if I could, but it says I have to "spread some around" before I hit either of you again...

cawiau
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Hey chris...just passing by.
Hey bro, hang in there.
You have lost a bunch of weight so far and the rest will come off.
Just keep at it.

TheKansan
07-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Today is my light leg and ab day. By light I mean the day I do not do squats.

I may try and do my DB swing routine again, that got some crazed look from others in the gym last time though. I never do dead lifts on the day I am supposed to because I am worn out after squats, so I may try those today and see how it goes.

In the Rippetoes program, the program that I do, on days you deadlift they reccommend doing front squats with lighter weight. This may help you. I don't know which program you are doing, but its good advice regardless of the program.

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
In the Rippetoes program, the program that I do, on days you deadlift they reccommend doing front squats with lighter weight. This may help you. I don't know which program you are doing, but its good advice regardless of the program.
Thanks for the tip! I have never done front squats before, although I know that it focuses more on the quads and less on the glutes, which I need. I may try it. I already moved away from back squats to hack squats for that very reason.

By the way, my program is escalating density training.

heathershubby
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the support man!

I'd rep you and Mike if I could, but it says I have to "spread some around" before I hit either of you again...

I will rep you instead :)

cawiau
07-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I will rep you instead :)

Hey getting jealous here :mad:

joking :D

**I repped Chris, have to wait for yours HH

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
thanks, fellas!

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I got in a decent workout today:

Dead Lift: 40 x 185
DB Swings: 42 x 70
Cardio - 3 miles on elliptical (34 min)

Needed to do some ab work but I ran out of time. Tomorrow is a cardio only day, but I will add some ab work in.

cawiau
07-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Needed to do some ab work but I ran out of time. Tomorrow is a cardio only day, but I will add some ab work in.

Sounds good to me :)

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Sounds good to me :)
I am glad you approve.

I should probably also check with that dude on the cutting contest thread, though, to make sure I can do that since I am morbidly obese.

cawiau
07-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I should probably also check with that dude on the cutting contest thread, though, to make sure I can do that since I am morbidly obese.

LOL :)

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Alright, here is the food talley for the day:

Breakfast: skipped
Lunch: grilled chicken, hummus, tabbouleh
PWO: Pure Protein bar
Dinner: turbot filet (fish), 1 cup green beans
snack: trail mix (I make it with walnut, almond, craisins)

I will probably have one more snack later, maybe a half turkey sandwhich or PB sandwich

heathershubby
07-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey getting jealous here :mad:

joking :D

**I repped Chris, have to wait for yours HH

I think I have repped you more then anyone else out here lol

and lol at " check with the guy " lol I think I am on my man period or somthing I have let way worse things go but I was just not in the right mood today.

chrischap01
07-04-2007, 08:23 AM
The gym is closed today, but it is my day off from lifting anyway. I am going to take advantage of my location (I live 6 blocks from the Lincoln Memorial, 7 from the White House) and jog over to the National Mall and run around to all of the monuments for a good cardio workout. Seems like a good way to workout AND celebrate the 4th!

I will watch some fireworks tonight, but otherwise it is a normal diet and exercise day for me!

I just took my first full dose of Adipokinetix, so we will see how that goes. I am keeping a log on that here (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3477711)!

Druluv75
07-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Love running around the capital, I used to run in DC around the foggy bottom section.

chrischap01
07-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Just got back! I live in Foggy Bottom, so that is where I started. Here is my route:

Foggy Bottom
Vietnam Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
Korean War Memorial
World War II Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
FDR Memorial
Washington Monument
Holocaust Museum
Dept. of Agrculture
Smithsonian Castle
Air & Space Museum
American Indian Museum
National Gallery of Art
Sculpture Garden
National Archives
Justice Department
FBI Building
House where Lincoln Died
... then hopped on the metro and rode home!

I jogged some and walked a lot, and ran up any stairs I came to at the memorials. Pretty good workout.

chrischap01
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Click the pic below to see some pics I took today:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1284/718598790_0c00d23889.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8829994@N04/sets/72157600646747307/)

chrischap01
07-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, I decided at the last minute to venture out and see the fireworks show on the nat'l mall. Afterward I went to a bar to see this girl I know who was getting off work at the time. We ended up hanging out there and before I knew it I drank 4 free beers. Kind of blew my previously stellar diet day, but I was raised to never refuse a free beer, especially when honoring the birth of our nation!

cawiau
07-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Just got back! I live in Foggy Bottom, so that is where I started. Here is my route:

Foggy Bottom
Vietnam Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
Korean War Memorial
World War II Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
FDR Memorial
Washington Monument
Holocaust Museum
Dept. of Agrculture
Smithsonian Castle
Air & Space Museum
American Indian Museum
National Gallery of Art
Sculpture Garden
National Archives
Justice Department
FBI Building
House where Lincoln Died
... then hopped on the metro and rode home!

I jogged some and walked a lot, and ran up any stairs I came to at the memorials. Pretty good workout.

Nice walk!!!

cawiau
07-04-2007, 10:52 PM
. We ended up hanging out there and before I knew it I drank 4 free beers. Kind of blew my previously stellar diet day, but I was raised to never refuse a free beer, especially when honoring the birth of our nation!

Hey, you were celebrating.
Just brush it off and move on.

chrischap01
07-04-2007, 10:58 PM
I have a weakness for beer. And ladies. And ladies with beer.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Alright, good day so far. Had my Adipokinetix (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3477711) in the morning. Breakfast was 2 eggs with lowfat chicken sausage and salsa. It is all coffee and water for now until my pre-workout protein bar. Dinner is already cooked, 2 salmon filets and green beans. Any snacks this evening will be my trail mix.

I am going to be strict as long as my homies (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3498711) are sticking to the V-Diet. That means no beer, no sandwiches, no cheats for pizza or burgers. Once it is gone I am even cutting out the trail mix as soon as this batch is gone and replace it with fresh broc****, cauliflower, and celery.

I will hit the gym this afternoon, today is chest and shoulders. Will do some cardio too, I will hit the track for that. I am trying to phase in running to replace the elliptical.

katiedids
07-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Alright, good day so far. Had my Adipokinetix (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3477711) in the morning. Breakfast was 2 eggs with lowfat chicken sausage and salsa. It is all coffee and water for now until my pre-workout protein bar. Dinner is already cooked, 2 salmon filets and green beans. Any snacks this evening will be my trail mix.

I am going to be strict as long as my homies (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3498711) are sticking to the V-Diet. That means no beer, no sandwiches, no cheats for pizza or burgers. Once it is gone I am even cutting out the trail mix as soon as this batch is gone and replace it with fresh broc****, cauliflower, and celery.

I will hit the gym this afternoon, today is chest and shoulders. Will do some cardio too, I will hit the track for that. I am trying to phase in running to replace the elliptical.

somebody learned how to hyperlink. yeah i'm going to do the same and be super strict and not stray from my plan as long as they are on the velocity diet. good luck. no beer.

cawiau
07-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I have a weakness for beer. And ladies. And ladies with beer.

good weaknesses and they go together.
Only problem...mixed together they can get you in alot of trouble ;)

cawiau
07-05-2007, 11:28 AM

That's the spirit boy!!!
Cut off those bad food and go at it all the way.
Give it your all or go home :)
You have done a great job so far, now you just have to put the icing on the cake ;)

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 11:29 AM
somebody learned how to hyperlink. yeah i'm going to do the same and be super strict and not stray from my plan as long as they are on the velocity diet. good luck. no beer.
nice! I actually am curious to compare my (or our) results with theirs ...

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
That's the spirit boy!!!
Cut off those bad food and go at it all the way.
Give it your all or go home :)
You have done a great job so far, now you just have to put the icing on the cake ;)
I still have a layer or two to take off of the cake before I ice it.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 11:34 AM
good weaknesses and they go together.
Only problem...mixed together they can get you in alot of trouble ;)

See, now you got me thinking about going out and finding trouble...

katiedids
07-05-2007, 11:35 AM

yay!!

katiedids
07-05-2007, 11:36 AM
See, now you got me thinking about going out and finding trouble...

arent you married silly?

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 11:38 AM
arent you married silly?
kind of...

We are separated and getting a divorce. We have been apart for about a year now.

cawiau
07-05-2007, 11:45 AM

yes, I am curious too.
You are not to far away from me and skuZZitude...weight wise I mean.
Let's see ;)

cawiau
07-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I still have a layer or two to take off of the cake before I ice it.

Hey, at least you are on your way there,
Not to long ago you did not even have the ingredients to bake the cake;), let alone be thinking about the icing.
One step at a time.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Hey, at least you are on your way there,
Not to long ago you did not even have the ingredients to bake the cake;), let alone be thinking about the icing.
One step at a time.
lol

I think we took the cake analogy about as far as it can go.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I have felt like ass all day. Unable to eat since breakfast, tired, nauseous, headache... I am going to take a snooze and see if I feel better when I wake up. Maybe hit the gym then.

cawiau
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Maybe hit the gym then.

You better, you have a transformation to finish :)

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 05:06 PM
never got in the nap, but the painkillers kicked in so I am heading to the gym now!

skuZZitude
07-05-2007, 05:10 PM
yes, I am curious too.
You are not to far away from me and skuZZitude...weight wise I mean.
Let's see ;)

Yeah it seems like there are a bunch of us on here that are in the high 200's or low 300's.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Just got back from the gym.

I ran out of gas lifting fast, but I still got in several sets of all 4 exercises on the slate:

Guillotines
DB Flys
Incline Bench
Upright Rows

For Cardio I did:

1 mile elliptical
1 mile run
1 mile elliptical

Pretty good considering I was sick in bed most of the day and the only food I was able to eat after breakfast was 1/2 of a protein bar and 1/2 of a bottle of cranberry juice.

I am about to have a turkey sandwich on wheat for a quick recharge, and I will just have the low carb dinner I cooked for lunch or dinner tomorrow instead. I will eat the other half of my protein bar as a snack in an hour or two. That should have me in reasonable shape to go hard in the gym tomorrow!

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM
I think I am going to switch to an all dumbell program for upper body since I rarely have a spotter. I ran into some trouble while doing guillotines tonight and decided I don't need to be going to failure on exercises where I could crush my face with no spotter!

Anybody have any advice or input on that?

katiedids
07-05-2007, 09:42 PM
kind of...

We are separated and getting a divorce. We have been apart for about a year now.

sorry to hear that

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
sorry to hear that
Yeah, it's hard stuff that no one likes to go through or watch others go through. It is the hand I have been dealt though, and I am now looking forward to being in a better situation in the future! Actually, I guess I am in a better situation already...

katiedids
07-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah, it's hard stuff that no one likes to go through or watch others go through. It is the hand I have been dealt though, and I am now looking forward to being in a better situation in the future! Actually, I guess I am in a better situation already...

good for you! yeah my friend is going thru it. she's only been married for a year. they live in san francisco but she's in dc for about a month now, just to take a break and think things thru. it's reallly really hard for her. i couldnt imagine going thru something like that.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I just tallied my foodon fitday and it came ot just under 1600 calories, and the only thing I had that was off my diet was 1/2 bottle of cranberry juice, whihc I drank because I did not feel well and that sometimes helps.

Not a great day because I underate and did not eat enough around my workout, but I actually got in more calories than I thought I had and all were healthy calories!

cawiau
07-05-2007, 10:04 PM
I just tallied my foodon fitday and it came ot just under 1600 calories, and the only thing I had that was off my diet was 1/2 bottle of cranberry juice, whihc I drank because I did not feel well and that sometimes helps.

Not a great day because I underate and did not eat enough around my workout, but I actually got in more calories than I thought I had and all were healthy calories!

Tomorow is another day :)
You will get it right next time :D

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:06 PM
good for you! yeah my friend is going thru it. she's only been married for a year. they live in san francisco but she's in dc for about a month now, just to take a break and think things thru. it's reallly really hard for her. i couldnt imagine going thru something like that.
Yeah, no doubt it is hard. I feel for anyone that ever has to go through it. I learned that you never really know how strong or weak a relationship is until you go through something difficult together. Unfortunately, we never faced any problems or obstacles until we had been together for 9 years, and that is when I found out that the Beatles are full of ****! Love is most definitely not all you need...

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Tomorow is another day :)
You will get it right next time :D
thanks for the support man!

katiedids
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
and that is when I found out that the Beatles are full of ****! Love is most definitely not all you need...

haha....

wow, 9 years!

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:16 PM
haha....

wow, 9 years!
That is just when the trouble started. We had been together since 93, married since 94. I moved up here for school last August hoping the time apart would help her get her thoughts and feelings sorted out, but that did not happen and we officially separated about 2 weeks before our 12th anniversary back in December.

katiedids
07-05-2007, 10:18 PM
That is just when the trouble started. We had been together since 93, married since 94. I moved up here for school last August hoping the time apart would help her get her thoughts and feelings sorted out, but that did not happen and we officially separated about 2 weeks before our 12th anniversary back in December.

wow, i really couldnt imagine going thru something like that. i'm sure youre a very strong person b/c of it

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:23 PM
wow, i really couldnt imagine going thru something like that. i'm sure youre a very strong person b/c of it
well, I can pick up really heavy stuff! ;)

katiedids
07-05-2007, 10:24 PM
well, I can pick up really heavy stuff! ;)

smartass

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:26 PM
smartass

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

cawiau
07-05-2007, 10:33 PM
thanks for the support man!

Hey, you know I got your back ;)

cawiau
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
smartass

I got to agree with her...

smartass :D

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:38 PM
I got to agree with her...

smartass :D
I thought you had my back?

Freddie Beef
07-05-2007, 10:40 PM
NICE JOURNAL..subscribed

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:43 PM
NICE JOURNAL..subscribed
Thanks, man. I will try to keep you entertained.

http://members.optushome.com.au/thesquiz/gladiator.jpg

cawiau
07-05-2007, 10:45 PM
I thought you had my back?

I do have your back.
I meant is as a compliment :p

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I do have your back.
I meant is as a compliment :p
fair enough

chrischap01
07-06-2007, 09:11 AM
So far so good today. Woke up on time, got breakfast in and I am hitting the water pretty hard today! I went back down to a half dose of Adipokinetix after yesterday's experience (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3477711).

Will have a protein bar for lunch and hit the gym later for lower body, abs, and cardio!

chrischap01
07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I went to the store this morning since I am getting strict along with the V diet guys. Here is what I got:

Shaved steak (lean)
Salmon
Ahi Tuna
Brown Eggs with added omega 3's
Boiled Eggs with added omega 3's
Turkey Bacon
6 cans of Pure Protein shakes
Bottle of Omega 3 capsules

Plus, I already have plenty of green vegetables, chicken, and white fish filets in the fridge. I have no excuses to cheat for the next week or two!

cawiau
07-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I went to the store this morning since I am getting strict along with the V diet guys. Here is what I got:

Shaved steak (lean)
Salmon
Ahi Tuna
Turkey Bacon

Plus, I already have plenty of green vegetables, chicken, and white fish filets in the fridge. I have no excuses to cheat for the next week or two!

Someone is watching what they eat :p
Good job :)

krissymoo
07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
:( you are such a nice guy though :) meh, i guess it's like they say... nice guys finish last :(

chrischap01
07-06-2007, 03:17 PM
:( you are such a nice guy though :) meh, i guess it's like they say... nice guys finish last :(
Damn, I think I just got called a loser. :(

I don't feel like I finished last, though. I think I will be happier in the long run!

chrischap01
07-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Just got back from the gym.

To make up for the short workout yesterday:

Guillotines
Bench press

Today's work:

Squats
Leg Curls
Calf Raises
Situps

Elliptical: 2 miles (including 4 min. of tabata intervals)

chrischap01
07-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Well, I couldn't take it anymore and went out for dessert.

But I made it through. While my friends had their ice cream I just got a big cup of coffee and put some splenda in it.

Total cals for the day are at 1600 again. I am not trying to stay so low, I think the adipokinetix is causing me to eat a little less.

Druluv75
07-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Shaved steak (lean)
Salmon
Ahi Tuna
Turkey Bacon

Sense a little Keto in the mix :)

chrischap01
07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Sense a little Keto in the mix :)
you sense right!

Here is what I am trying to do (http://blog.bodybuilding.com/chrischap01/2007/07/06/decided-to-make-some-changes/) for the rest of July.

skuZZitude
07-06-2007, 08:47 PM

Word is getting out!!!!!!

chrischap01
07-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Word is getting out!!!!!!
yeah, I mentioned in caw's v-diet thread, but I want to see if I can match the results you guys get while eating solid food that gets close to your shake-only macros!

chrischap01
07-07-2007, 01:12 PM
so far so good today...

protein bar for breakfast

grilled chicken wrap in lowfat whole wheat tortilla for lunch (not ideal but best option where I was)

Took a 3 hour walk, a lot of sweating. It's hot out there today!

cawiau
07-07-2007, 01:15 PM
so far so good today...

protein bar for breakfast

grilled chicken wrap in lowfat whole wheat tortilla for lunch (not ideal but best option where I was)

Took a 3 hour walk, a lot of sweating. It's hot out there today!

You are really serious about this...
Good :)
Try to keep up with us.
Also....nice walk.
3 hours.....:cool:

chrischap01
07-07-2007, 01:23 PM
You are really serious about this...
Good :)
Try to keep up with us.
Also....nice walk.
3 hours.....:cool:

I don't play! ;)

Yeah, the walk was supposed to be a Live Earth concert on the national mall, but it was lame, so me and a friend just wandered around down there. And looking at my watch, it was actually 2 and a half hours. Still good though...

cawiau
07-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I don't play! ;)...

Now I am scared :eek:

Joking. :D

Good to know,
Keep up the hard work....and try to keep up, will ya :p

chrischap01
07-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Just had dinner - so far so good. Had 2 scrambled eggs, and added about 6 oz of chopped lean steak. Lots of chopped red chiles, a tbsp of olive oil. Good stuff!

I am about to be put to the test. I am meeting a bunch of friends at an Irish pub. I am trying to decide whether to have one Guinness or be the "designated driver" and have none.

Hotmoltenlava
07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Guinness

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm......Guinness. The nectar of the gods. I have one chilling in the fridge as a victory lap at the end of Velocity.

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 12:40 AM
well, I did have one guiness ...

And two gin and tonics!

Could have been worse, and it was a great night. I avoided the bar food and the post bar trip to McD's or the pizza place. Great night with a lot of great friends, old and new. Threw down a couple boiled eggs, some celery, 1 tbsp of PB, and a quart of water when I got home!

tally for the day was about 2400 calories

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Alright, so far so good today...

Protein bar for breakfast.
About to cook a steak and pepper omelette for lunch.
Lots of water, 1 cup coffee.

Took a long walk earlier, will go to the gym for a run later as a break from work.

cawiau
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Good job so far.
Funny, we both had little lapses yesterday.

Anyway, step it up bro....I am going to pass the 300 line...I don't want you too far behind. No more than 5 lbs behind, you hear me :D

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, I am starting a new workout program tomorrow, just to stir things up. I am bored with what I was doing and I have been stuck, so I thought the shock of a new workout would help move things along! I posted the details in my blog (http://blog.bodybuilding.com/chrischap01/2007/07/08/designing-the-new-workout/), but the essence is as follows:

I want to to a functional, performance-based workout designed to improve performance in several body weight exercises, and improve my time in a 1 mile run. I feel that this will help me improve in future krav or MA pursuits, while hopefully at the same time keep me building muscle and burning fat.

This is not a long term plan, but I will stick with it at least until my vacation starts on Aug. 2. Depending on the results, I may or may not continue it after that.

heathershubby
07-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Krav is amazing I love the idea of the stress training and other high intensity aspects of the art. One of my goals is to lose enough weight to start training in a martial art. I have been hitting the bag and focus mitts but that is about it so far.

cawiau
07-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Good call on changing your workout.
Will definitely shock your body...

Keep working your ass off!!!

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Krav is amazing I love the idea of the stress training and other high intensity aspects of the art. One of my goals is to lose enough weight to start training in a martial art. I have been hitting the bag and focus mitts but that is about it so far.
I love it so far, although I am just exploring it right now. I see myself sticking with it for a while, though. I love the practical nature of it! I have a background in wrestling, boxing, and a year of jujutsu, so this seems like good transition that uses what little foundation I have left from all of those!

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Keep working your ass off!!!

I will, literally! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

cawiau
07-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I will, literally!
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

You got that right!!! :D
Trying the same here.

chrischap01
07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
WTF!?!?!

I weighed in this morning, before eating and before I had any water. I was up a pound over what I weighed in at on Thursday night when I was fully hydrated with 2 meals in me!

I don't think I could step up my game much more than I have already, so I guess I just need to ride this out. I did 2 miles on the elliptical this morning, and I will go back to the gym to lift and do a run in the evening!

I know everyone says fasted cardio is BS and it does not matter what time of day you lift weights, but I have actually gained weight since I started working out in the late afternoon/early evening instead of doing it fasted when I first wake up.

chrischap01
07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
The gym was packed when I went in this afternoon, so I had to improvise.

I did a 1 mile warm up on the elliptical, 8 assisted pull-ups, 10 assisted dips, 4 sets of lat pulldowns, 3 sets of seated rows, 3 sets of pushdowns, 1 mile HITT on the track, then 2 unassisted dips.

I think I will switch back to going in the mornings for lifting, it is much easier to get everything done. If I am even 15 minutes late in the evening, there are people lined up at every machine, bench, and rack!

The diet has been good so far today - I had 3 eggs and 1 piece of chicken sausage for breakfast, 2 boiled eggs with celery and PB for lunch, lots of coffee and water. I am cooking either a steak or ahi tuna with steamed broc**** for dinner. I'll probably cook all of it so I just have to reheat stuff for lunch and dinner tomorrow!

TheKansan
07-09-2007, 05:54 PM
The gym was packed when I went in this afternoon, so I had to improvise.

I did a 1 mile warm up on the elliptical, 8 assisted pull-ups, 10 assisted dips, 4 sets of lat pulldowns, 3 sets of seated rows, 3 sets of pushdowns, 1 mile HITT on the track, then 2 unassisted dips.

I think I will switch back to going in the mornings for lifting, it is much easier to get everything done. If I am even 15 minutes late in the evening, there are people lined up at every machine, bench, and rack!

The diet has been good so far today - I had 3 eggs and 1 piece of chicken sausage for breakfast, 2 boiled eggs with celery and PB for lunch, lots of coffee and water. I am cooking either a steak or ahi tuna with steamed broc**** for dinner. I'll probably cook all of it so I just have to reheat stuff for lunch and dinner tomorrow!

That was one of the issues I had when I considered joining a gym. The gyms near me are all pretty packed. I would hate for my workout to take 2 hours because I didn't have access to equipment. I still want to join a gym, but for now I will work out at home.

chrischap01
07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I think for me, it is more important to keep up a certain level of intensity and just keep moving and working than it is to wait around for specific exercises, so I opted to drop certain exercises/sets in favor of what was available and in the right general muscle group.

TheKansan
07-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I think for me, it is more important to keep up a certain level of intensity and just keep moving and working than it is to wait around for specific exercises, so I opted to drop certain exercises/sets in favor of what was available and in the right general muscle group.

That makes sense, still it might not be good if you were on a program like I am on that depended on consistent progress and workouts.

cawiau
07-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I guess I just need to ride this out.

Yep, just ride this one out and see what gives :)

chrischap01
07-09-2007, 08:22 PM
That makes sense, still it might not be good if you were on a program like I am on that depended on consistent progress and workouts.
Well, maybe I should be. You are about to fly past my fat arse!

chrischap01
07-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Yep, just ride this one out and see what gives :)
it won't be me

chrischap01
07-09-2007, 09:38 PM
I stepped up the cardio a little today. My quads feel like somebody beat them with sticks.

cawiau
07-09-2007, 09:58 PM
it won't be me

you better make sure of that

I stepped up the cardio a little today. My quads feel like somebody beat them with sticks.

Good!!!
Next time push yourself harder :)

chrischap01
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Good!!!
Next time push yourself harder :)

You are relentless.

cawiau
07-09-2007, 10:11 PM
You are relentless.

you got that right.
Remember no more than 5 lbs difference.
So, STEP IT UP!!!

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 08:55 AM
So far so good today. Hopefully, this will be my last day of evening gymming. I plan to get back on a morning schedule tomorrow.

Today's food:

Breakfast: Protein Bar
Lunch: Pepper-crusted ahi tuna steak with steamed broc****
Dinner: NY Strip with more steamed broc****.
Snacks: Boiled eggs or trail mix

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I revised my goals. I did have my goal set at 225. I now know my LBM is about 224, so that was not a realistic goal. I revised it to 250, which would put me about 11% BF. This goal is flexible, because I may gain or lose LBM between now and when I get there, although I am not trying to do either (I really just want to maintain what muscle I have while shed fat).

So, I am 25 pounds closer to my goal than I was just yesterday. This calls for celebration, so I am going to have a pizza and a 6 pack of beer tonight!!!

J/K about the cheat ... but it does feel good to be closer than I thought to where I want to be!

cawiau
07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I revised my goals. I did have my goal set at 225. I now know my LBM is about 224, so that was not a realistic goal. I revised it to 250, which would put me about 11% BF. This goal is flexible, because I may gain or lose LBM between now and when I get there, although I am not trying to do either (I really just want to maintain what muscle I have while shed fat).

So, I am 25 pounds closer to my goal than I was just yesterday. This calls for celebration, so I am going to have a pizza and a 6 pack of beer tonight!!!

J/K about the cheat ... but it does feel good to be closer than I thought to where I want to be!

You sure about your calculations :confused:
At 250 and 11% BF you would be a huge mofo.

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Not totally. It is an average of three different online calculators. I need to get a better test, but I think I am in the ballpark.

Last time I had a caliper reading done (summer 2005), my LBM was 207. I don't really know what rate of muscle gain is normal, but it seems that 17 pounds in over two years is possible. I have been lifting fairly regularly since September 06, so I think if I have gained muscle most of it came during that time.

I know my quads, back, biceps have all grown. I can see visible differences in all those places.

cawiau
07-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Ok
Just keep on kicking ass.

black_z
07-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Doing good man! Keep at it.

One question, what kind of steak do people eat for breakfast with eggs? I've heard people talk about it for years, but never knew what it was. :(

cawiau
07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
what kind of steak do people eat for breakfast with eggs? :(

I think it is normal stake.

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Well, no workout today. The Gym is already closed and I am still working to meet a project deadline. Tomorrow is an off day, so I will do a make up. Seems like I have to do one every week!

Diet was OK macro wise, but I did break one cardinal rule: I am sipping on a Big Gulp full of Diet Coke. No harm done weight loss wise, but I am allergic to either the aspartame or the caramel coloring and sometimes break out. Hopefully one will not set that off, though. I was having intense sugar cravings since I have been doing keto for several days now, and I thought the DC would do the trick.

I also thought the carbonation would help cut the fat from the AWESOME steak I just ate for dinner. If you have never had a bone-in NY Strip I highly recommend it! Good cheap cut, but has a ton of flavor. The one I bought was gigantic and was under $5. Felt like a cheat even though it wasn't! I guess some of you will have to wait until you are off the velocity diet, though...

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Doing good man! Keep at it.

One question, what kind of steak do people eat for breakfast with eggs? I've heard people talk about it for years, but never knew what it was. :(
Thanks man!

Usually it will be a thinner cut steak, t-bones are pretty popular. I used a chopped, shaved steak like you would get on a cheese steak sandwich. So it was eggs with a bunch of little pieces of steak in it.

I try to limit steak to once every couple of weeks, but I found some good deals and went a little crazy with it this week. It's all gone now, though. Back to chicken breasts and fish!

black_z
07-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Cool. You can buy it already chopped up? Is it in the same section as the steaks?

I wanna try this. :)

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Cool. You can buy it already chopped up? Is it in the same section as the steaks?

I wanna try this. :)
Actually I have not seen it at many grocery stores, but they sell it that way at Trader Joe's. It is cheap, too. I got enough for 3 meals out of a $4 package.

You can go to the butcher counter at any store and get them to cut any steak you want into thin slices, most don't charge anything to do that.

cawiau
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
keep up the good work...
Just don't give up :D

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 08:54 PM
keep up the good work...
Just don't give up :D
You wish. You just don't want my awesome transformation to overshadow yours!

cawiau
07-10-2007, 08:57 PM
You wish. You just don't want my awesome transformation to overshadow yours!

I don't care if it overshadows mine :)
I just want a transformation period :D
So tomorow, better work you ass off...or else, I know the way to DC :D

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Is that a fork in your new avatar? You shouldn't be anywhere near a fork this month!

You are so busted.

pga617
07-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Just caught up on your journal, good job so far, keep it up!

**Subbed**

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Just caught up on your journal, good job so far, keep it up!

**Subbed**
Thanks!

cawiau
07-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Is that a fork in your new avatar? You shouldn't be anywhere near a fork this month!

You are so busted.

LOL :D

It's a new id thing in the misc. section

fork for guys and spoon for woman

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Alright, the fork's OK then. Just keep it far away from the Haitian food. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Took a walk first thing this morning, it was already hot!

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with diced chicken sausage and jalapenos.

Coffee with 2 teaspoons of heavy cream.

Lunch will be a protein shake.

Gym after that for cardio and my "B" workout.

cawiau
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Alright, the fork's OK then. Just keep it far away from the Haitian food. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Promise...at least till August 2nd :)

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Good workout at the gym...

1 mile warmup on elliptical

DB Incline Bench
Pullovers
Chin Ups
Pushdowns

Ran 1 mile

... plus, I weighed myself when I got there (fully hydrated and in the late afternoon) and I was down 5 pounds from where I was on Monday. So, Monday I was definitely still carrying some extra water weight from my night of drinking on Saturday!

Lookout, cawiau I'm back in the club...

cawiau
07-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Lookout, cawiau I'm back in the club...

That's what I am talking about!!!
Kick some ass :)
Now make sure not to lose sight of me because I intend to raise the bar in the upcoming weeks.

Think you can hang on ??? :D

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 02:50 PM
When you raise that bar you better look up above it, because that is where I will already be ;)

cawiau
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
When you raise that bar you better look up above it, because that is where I will already be ;)

Nice, a man that is not afraid a challenge :)

cawiau
07-11-2007, 03:37 PM
And you better step up.....
I know the way to DC ...:D

skuZZitude
07-11-2007, 04:14 PM
And you better step up.....
I know the way to DC ...:D

you gotta catch me first remember?

cawiau
07-11-2007, 04:52 PM
you gotta catch me first remember?

please....you are only a step away :)
I got time :D

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 10:04 PM
had my first keto crash this afternoon, so I ate a sub sandwich after I woke up from an unplanned 2 hour nap. I felt like I was going to pass out if I did not eat somthing quick, and everything I had was raw (except the canned tuna I forgot I had until afterward!). I immediately went out and took a long walk after eating it to make sure I burned some of the simple carbs up!

So, not a great day diet-wise as I ended up over 50g of carbs and I only got in 1100 cals total. Not enough protein. I will keep working until I get used to eating this way again, though. The weight is starting to fly off, so it is going good so far!

cawiau
07-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey, brush it off and move on
tomorow is another day

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, I decided I need to temporarily increase my fat intake so I had more energy for my workouts while on keto. I just ate my first fatty keto meal. It was gross. I don't like fatty foods unless they come with a ton of carbs, like pizza and donuts!

cawiau
07-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Well, I decided I need to temporarily increase my fat intake so I had more energy for my workouts while on keto. I just ate my first fatty keto meal. It was gross. I don't like fatty foods unless they come with a ton of carbs, like pizza and donuts!

Isn't your fat intake on ket suppose to be like 60%?
You increased it :eek:
To what ???

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 10:47 AM
nah, I do a lowfat-ish keto

The only real fatty stuff I normall eat is egg yolks, olive oil, almonds, and walnuts

My fat intake was around 25-30%

cawiau
07-12-2007, 10:55 AM
nah, I do a lowfat-ish keto

The only real fatty stuff I normall eat is egg yolks, olive oil, almonds, and walnuts

My fat intake was around 25-30%

so you are not doing keto than :p
keto is all about making the fat working for you or something like that...:confused:

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 11:03 AM
To me, keto just means eating a diet that gets you into ketosis. I am no nutritionist, or even a bro-tritionist, though.

All that needs to happen to get there is a low enough carb intake. I don't do the body-builder style keto diet, mine is more akin to some combination of Atkins/South Beach and the Abs Diet. Basically, I try to eat foods from the abs diet list and fit them within the Atkins/SB macros. Different from the high fat keto many follow here, but all are ketogenic diets.

cawiau
07-12-2007, 11:07 AM
To me, keto just means eating a diet that gets you into ketosis. I am no nutritionist, or even a bro-tritionist, though.

All that needs to happen to get there is a low enough carb intake. I don't do the body-builder style keto diet, mine is more akin to some combination of Atkins/South Beach and the Abs Diet. Basically, I try to eat foods from the abs diet list and fit them within the Atkins/SB macros. Different from the high fat keto many follow here, but all are ketogenic diets.

Thanks for the explanation.
As long as you get results and don't get your ass back to the 300 club, I am happy :D

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the explanation.
As long as you get results and don't get your ass back to the 300 club, I am happy :D
never again, don't worry

cawiau
07-12-2007, 11:36 AM
never again, don't worry

good...because remember....I know DC :D

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
good...because remember....I know DC :D
You noticed that I started doing better once you threatened to come after me. It is the fear that drives me.

cawiau
07-12-2007, 11:41 AM
You noticed that I started doing better once you threatened to come after me. It is the fear that drives me.

good, so never forget that :D

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 03:37 PM
So far, so good today.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 link chicken sausage, 4 strips lean bacon, 1 jalepeno
Snack: Sugar Free Pudding.
Snack: walnuts, almonds
PWO: protein shake

I did cardio only today: 3.5 miles on the elliptical, then 1 mile on the track

Dinner will be grilled salmon and spinach.

chrischap01
07-12-2007, 08:25 PM
I decided I did not want the salmon, so I cooked up some chicken breasts and peas. I had never considered peas acceptable while low-carbing, but I looked at the package and it said the whole bag had 60 grams of carbs in it, and I only ate 1/4 of the bag. That still has me under 30g for the day.

My calorie total for the day is still only about 1200, but I feel like I ate too much today because everything was so rich and fatty! I ended up having about 50% fat today instead of my normal 30%. I don't want that to be a regular thing, but I plan to keep it in the 40% range until I get adapted to burning ketones and fat for energy instead of sugars.

Ideally, I want to get to a pretty regimented program where I get 1500-1600 cals everyday, and about 30% from fat and very little sat fat. That will be easier to do as I add back in oatmeal, cereal, ezekiel bread, sweet potatoes, fruits, and brown rice over the long haul.

I plan to stick to 30g of carb per day or less until I go on vacation in August, then add in oats when I get back. I will do that for a while and then add in rice, and keep going in that fashion until I get to a maintenance diet.

cawiau
07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
http://www.hollyscoop.com/BlogImages/14387581---matt.jpg

chrischap01
07-13-2007, 01:20 PM
So far so good today...

protein shake for breakfast
1 tbsp of PB as snack
1 chicken breast
1 serving of green peas

about to have a snack, maybe some tuna and/or cheese

Gym will have to wait until tonight, it's a busy workday today!

Saint Mike
07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Congrats on being out of the club. I plan to join you guys by the new year!

chrischap01
07-13-2007, 03:12 PM

You'll get there!

Hopefully I am still there next time I weigh! ;)

cawiau
07-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Saving a locker space especially for you :)

chrischap01
07-13-2007, 06:38 PM
So far so good today...

protein shake for breakfast
1 tbsp of PB as snack
1 chicken breast
1 serving of green peas

about to have a snack, maybe some tuna and/or cheese

Gym will have to wait until tonight, it's a busy workday today!
Day ended up ok, but carbs were a little high because of the sushi:

snack ended up being cheese (should have had the tuna)

dinner: 4 salmon rolls (maybe a tbsp of rice in each, not bad) and a cobb salad with 2 tbsp ranch, grilled chicken, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice bacon, grated carrots, 3 cherry tomatoes.

Total for the day: 1951 cals, 40% protein, 10% carbs, 50% fat

Did not make the gym, but took two good walks today and may get out and take another later.

Gym first thing tomorrow.

cawiau
07-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Total for the day: 1951 cals, 40% protein, 10% carbs, 50% fat

I thought you were not doing keto?
This look like keto to me.

chrischap01
07-13-2007, 08:36 PM
No, I am doing keto - just not the same version of keto most on here do. I did increase my fat the last few days just to help me get adapted to it, then I will take it back down to 30-40% fat at the most.

cawiau
07-13-2007, 08:47 PM
No, I am doing keto - just not the same version of keto most on here do. I did increase my fat the last few days just to help me get adapted to it, then I will take it back down to 30-40% fat at the most.

I see :cool:

chrischap01
07-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I would like to get to a 50/20/30 plan eventually, but that will probably not happen until I am on a maintenance-level diet.

cawiau
07-13-2007, 11:55 PM
I would like to get to a 50/20/30 plan eventually, but that will probably not happen until I am on a maintenance-level diet.

good luck with it :)

chrischap01
07-14-2007, 10:38 AM
I decided to take advantage of the keto macros and have one of my old Texas favorites for breakfast: chorizo and eggs. Here is the damage:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1362/809997394_248d4e16b3.jpg

chrischap01
07-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Just had some lunch, and I decided to cut the fat to help offset breakfast. I had a protein shake with 1 scoop chocolate EvoPro, a shot of whole milk, and about 16 oz of fresh columbian coffee. It was awesome, tasted like a cafe mocha! I don't know what those pansies doing velocity are whining about... ;)

Info: 177 cal, 28g protein, 5g carb, 5g fat

For the day I am at 832, with a ratio of 41/4/55.

cawiau
07-14-2007, 03:10 PM
I decided to take advantage of the keto macros and have one of my old Texas favorites for breakfast: chorizo and eggs. Here is the damage:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1362/809997394_248d4e16b3.jpg

than...more than 60% fat :eek:

chrischap01
07-14-2007, 04:57 PM
than...more than 60% fat :eek:
that's just one meal, it'll even out by the end of the day ;)

cawiau
07-14-2007, 04:59 PM

cool :cool:

chrischap01
07-14-2007, 05:01 PM
I did a hike/walk along the Potomac through C&O Canal National Park this afternoon, 8.5 miles total in just over two and a half hours. Lots of hills and stairs, so it was a good workout!

chrischap01
07-14-2007, 05:55 PM
If I have tuna and spinach for dinner, I will end up with 1467 cals @54/4/43.

If I have salmon and spinach, I will be at 1401 cals @ 44/4/52.

Guess I should go with the tuna...

chrischap01
07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
well, tomorrow is the 15th so it's picture day, and then Monday is weigh in...

I don't think there will be any visible difference in the pics, but I am hoping that I dropped a few pounds over the week!

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Well, I had two pints of Stella last night. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon13.gif A friend called and said he was depressed and tired of sitting at home and needed to get out, needless to say I went. Didn't feel like I could or should say no to that one! No big deal diet wise, but it may affect my weigh in a little like it did last week. Hopefully not as much, though!

cawiau
07-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, I had two pints of Stella last night. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon13.gif A friend called and said he was depressed and tired of sitting at home and needed to get out, needless to say I went. Didn't feel like I could or should say no to that one! No big deal diet wise, but it may affect my weigh in a little like it did last week. Hopefully not as much, though!

yaddi yaddi yadda
No Big deal, just move on!

Now where at the pictures????

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 11:23 AM
camera is charging...

Don't expect much. ;)

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Decided to use the icam...

front:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/11003229/progresspic/42075orig.jpg
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/user_images/11003229/progresspic/107941orig.jpg

side:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/11003229/progresspic/42074orig.jpg
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/user_images/11003229/progresspic/107951orig.jpg

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Diet was ok today - omelette for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, 2 boiled eggs as a snack, and pesto-crusted broiled salmon and steamed spinach with garlic for dinner. will get the macros later after my snack and post it.

Today was an off day from the gym, but I am about to go take a good walk and get a cup of coffee.

cawiau
07-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Decided to use the icam...

front:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/11003229/progresspic/42075orig.jpg
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/user_images/11003229/progresspic/107941orig.jpg

side:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/11003229/progresspic/42074orig.jpg
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/user_images/11003229/progresspic/107951orig.jpg

Looking good!
Keep up the good work

cawiau
07-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Diet was ok today - omelette for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, 2 boiled eggs as a snack, and pesto-crusted broiled salmon and steamed spinach with garlic for dinner. will get the macros later after my snack and post it.

Today was an off day from the gym, but I am about to go take a good walk and get a cup of coffee.

Keep it clean and keep moving forward.
By the way...you are a lawyer right?
What specialty if you don't mind me asking???

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Keep it clean and keep moving forward.
By the way...you are a lawyer right?
What specialty if you don't mind me asking???
I practiced for 9 years in the area of trusts and estates and related litigation, with some small business and real estate work as well.

I am currently back in school studying constitutional law with an emphasis on separation of powers and national security law.

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 07:31 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1153/823183759_487725f7cc_o.png

cawiau
07-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I practiced for 8 years in the area of trusts and estates and related litigation, with some small business and real estate work as well.

I am currently back in school studying constitutional law with an emphasis on separation of powers and national security law.

Enjoying it so far?

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Enjoying it so far?
Yeah, it is great. I am done with classes, just finishing up my thesis now. I hope to be done within a month or two.

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Looking good!
Keep up the good work
Thanks man!

I couldn't see much difference, although the shirt is one size smaller than the one from the previous pic, and the shorts are much looser in the waist then those in the last pic. I will try to remember to take pics in the same outfit next time so progress is easier to gauge.

cawiau
07-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it is great. I am done with classes, just finishing up my thesis now. I hope to be done within a month or two.

Good Job, keep at it. :D

cawiau
07-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks man!

I couldn't see much difference, although the shirt is one size smaller than the one from the previous pic, and the shorts are much looser in the waist then those in the last pic. I will try to remember to take pics in the same outfit next time so progress is easier to gauge.

We are our worst critique.
I am the same way.
I don't think I will realise I losted weight until I reach like 200 lbs.
Tomorow is another day...time to push harder.
Let's not stop.

chrischap01
07-15-2007, 07:53 PM
We are our worst critique.
I am the same way.
I don't think I will realise I losted weight until I reach like 200 lbs.
Tomorow is another day...time to push harder.
Let's not stop.
I can never stop. This has to be a lifetime committment for me or it was a waste of time!

I am ready for tomorrow, I am excited to see what the weigh in brings. I expect good things, but we will have to wait and see. I have noticed a dramatic difference in the way my clothes fit the last couple of weeks, so it's all good either way...

chrischap01
07-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Alright, I weighed in this morning. The scale is moving in the right direction again...

pga617
07-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Alright, I weighed in this morning. The scale is moving in the right direction again...

That is great, progress is the best motivator...IMHO. Can see progress in the pics too.

chrischap01
07-16-2007, 08:39 AM
That is great, progress is the best motivator...IMHO. Can see progress in the pics too.
Thanks!!

jhf
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Very nicely done. It's sooo good to see so many people getting the results they want.

chrischap01
07-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Very nicely done. It's sooo good to see so many people getting the results they want.
Appreciate it! I know watching others succeed has motivated me to step up my game.

cawiau
07-16-2007, 02:07 PM

Good Job!!!
Keep the numbers going down :cool:

chrischap01
07-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Good Job!!!
Keep the numbers going down :cool:
will do my best...

cawiau
07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
will do my best...

that is all I ask :)

chrischap01
07-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Damn, I am a slacker! I let my thread fall to page two. Here is Monday:

2 eggs, chicken sausage
hot dog (was out and in a hurry!)
leftover salmon pesto, spinach
2 boiled eggs, cheese stick, 3 lite beers
Almonds

Total: 1800 cals, macros 29/16/55

Here is today:

2 eggs, turkey bacon
protein shake
2 boiled eggs, cheese stick, slaw
lime-ade (no added sugar but made from limes)
turkey sausage, green peppers, red peppers, slaw
2 lite beers
almonds

1700 cals, 33/21/46

chrischap01
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
took 2 walks yesterday, no gym

took one walk this morning, will take another this evening, plus I was cleaning out my apartment getting ready to move in a few weeks most of the afternoon.

Back to gym in the morning! Found a new workout partner, we are meeting at 7 am.

TheKansan
07-17-2007, 06:41 PM
took 2 walks yesterday, no gym

took one walk this morning, will take another this evening, plus I was cleaning out my apartment getting ready to move in a few weeks most of the afternoon.

Back to gym in the morning! Found a new workout partner, we are meeting at 7 am.

Its great having a workout partner. A guy at my job has invited me to go down to Gold's Gym with him to workout. He has been training longer than me, but I am much more serious than him, so I made big gains while he has basically been maintaining.

chrischap01
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I tend to do better when I have a partner. I used to need a partner for accountability to get me to the gym, but I have now gotten to where I can make myself go on my own whether I have a partner or not.

I do tend to be more efficient at the gym when I have a serious partner. My last partner was not so serious, there was more talking and less working than there should have been. I think this guy will be pretty serious about it, though.

I decided I did not want 2 days off in a row from the gym, so I did my Wednesday abs workout at home tonight. Now I am only one day behind for the week so if I workout Saturday I will be back on track. I hope to get a little closer to the 290 mark, and stay on track for 280-ish by the time my vacation starts.

I just found out the hotel I am staying in while in Chicago adjoins a huge gym and hotel guests have free access. I hope to get in my Friday and Monday workouts while there, and get in at least one good run by the lake on Saturday or Sunday.

pga617
07-18-2007, 07:00 AM
That is great about the hotel gym, that is the first thing I look for when I'm staying at hotels now.

chrischap01
07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
That is great about the hotel gym, that is the first thing I look for when I'm staying at hotels now.
Yeah, I was excited to see it had the gym.

Speaking of gyms, I just got back from mine. I was finally able to drag my ass there in the morning instead of late afternoon. I did:

1 mile elliptical warmup
Guillotines
Chest Dips
Arnolds
Lateral Raises
1 mile run

chrischap01
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Yesterday I ended up eating 1900 cals, 32p/25c/43f.

Carbs have been a little high this week. I was supposed to add in 10-20 g per day but I have been taking in about 30g highmoreer than I did the last 2 weeks. I am going to go back to eating nothing but greens for carbs the rest of the week and then try again next week to increase it with one serving of fruit or a good complex carb.