PDA

View Full Version : Iam Addicted To Starbucks!!!!

THE IRON MAN
06-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I DRINK A CUP OF COFFEE A DAY FROM STARBUCKS.....is that good to do while your are trying to train for strength, because i dont see that it inhibits my training but i have been getting mixed reviews....some say its healthy to drink a cup a day that it is good for the mind, and others say its not that it causes dehyradation etc, but i dont see the problem if ur drinking plenty of water....i was wondering wat u guys think of drinking coffee while training

my diet is really good i get 150+ g of protein, 2500+ cal a day, and i lift hard and i have been getting awesome gains, but i just dont kno if stopping the coffee intake would help

djansen
06-15-2007, 12:26 PM
its all about what you put in it, heavy cream, sugar, etc. also is it decaf? and are you sipping on a hot coffee while lifting? i dont see a problem and if you wanted to you could sweeten it with dextrose and add a little bcaas for a during workout drink.

THE IRON MAN
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
nah i just drink it in the morning, but the thing is i put alot of sugar and i use half and half, so its not that good

Riceboi
06-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I say go a head and keep drinking it. Your lifts are awesome!

jfla32033
06-15-2007, 01:39 PM
nah i just drink it in the morning, but the thing is i put alot of sugar and i use half and half, so its not that good

coffee itself is healthy for about 12-20 ounces per day. its a great anti-oxidant and its good for your metabolism...

its nearly calorie free also.

but when u add sugar and cream then u need to start calculatiing the calories, carbs and fats from the sugars and creams and fit them into your macros.

since u are young and have a quick metabolism the sugar and cream might not be affecting you, but heavily creamed and sugar coffee drinks are one of the main reasons that america is so fat. For example, in japan and britain, they drink tea which is pretty much water with healthy herbs in it.

my advice is to try to gradually reduce the amount of sugar and cream...then eventually switch to skim milk instead of cream and maybe splenda instead of sugar. i dont drink coffee but if i did i would probably drink it with skim milk and splenda. personally, i love starbucks african red bush tea.

THE IRON MAN
06-15-2007, 01:41 PM
yea man i act. have been weening myslef off the sugar....but its the half and half thats hard to get rid off.... i tried the skim milk b4 and i hated it.....thats gunna be the most challenging part

xl Achilles lx
06-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I started using the half and half + sugar combo in my coffee a while back. I know it isn't the greatest thing for you, but I haven't seen any negative side effects from it. I don't use ALOT of h&h and sugar, but I use enough to take away the bland taste of black coffee. Go ahead dude, if you're lifts are still strong and you're not gaining any unwanted weight, keep drinkin your coffee

The way I see it, I'm still young enough where I can afford to have a little cream and sugar in my coffee once in a while lol.

THE IRON MAN
06-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I started using the half and half + sugar combo in my coffee a while back. I know it isn't the greatest thing for you, but I haven't seen any negative side effects from it. I don't use ALOT of h&h and sugar, but I use enough to take away the bland taste of black coffee. Go ahead dude, if you're lifts are still strong and you're not gaining any unwanted weight, keep drinkin your coffee

The way I see it, I'm still young enough where I can afford to have a little cream and sugar in my coffee once in a while lol.

yea man i think ur right....screw it i cant live without coffee

grapemaster
06-15-2007, 06:11 PM
i think you'd be better without it... (from an ex coffee fiend) not from coffee benefits itself but being off the caffiene.

prolonged energy... more money in your wallet... less cns fatigue, better sleep, better response if u ever wanted to do e/c

grapemaster
06-15-2007, 06:13 PM
but heavily creamed and sugar coffee drinks are one of the main reasons that america is so fat.

well you are certainly in the right direction, look at the french and italians, they drink bucketloads of coffee.

jfla32033
06-15-2007, 06:49 PM
well you are certainly in the right direction, look at the french and italians, they drink bucketloads of coffee.

but they also don't gorge themselves with monstrous portions at each meal and sip on 20 oz sodas like most americans.

THE IRON MAN
06-15-2007, 08:29 PM

lol, im italian

Wtf?
06-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Just stay away from the frappachinos and 500 calorie brownies or your problem will be much worse.

Hallelujah
06-15-2007, 10:17 PM
One cup of coffe is not going to affect you much at all.
It may have say, 100-150 mg caffeine which can give you an extra boost. If you're really worried about the sugar then work out how many calories are in your spoons of sugar and also the calories from the milk. If it worries you then just allocate some of your daily calories to your coffee and enjoy it!! Life is about living, dont your think?
You could always test the theory and go two weeks without it and see if your lifting is any different.

THE IRON MAN
06-15-2007, 10:26 PM
well starbucks got 500mg of caffeine....crazy right?

Hallelujah
06-16-2007, 01:49 AM
really?
man thats a good hit!
have it 30 prior your workout then to get the benfits!!