PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition help while doing HIIT

stedes
08-18-2004, 12:55 PM
i'm going to be starting HIIT 6 days a week ( at the start of next week) and not lifting right now, i'm aiming to lower my bf% and i know if i add the right nutrition to HIIT 6 days a week i can do it but i dont know where to start as far as nutrition

taffer
08-18-2004, 01:28 PM
you wanna lift, you dont need HIIT 6 times a week (you will start dreading it if you do it that often)
lift 3 times a week, and do weights 3 times a week on opposing days

as for nutrition, read the sticky

zackmurphy
08-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by stedes
but i dont know where to start as far as nutrition
Impossible to say without knowing where you are now.

massive member
08-18-2004, 05:40 PM
agree with zack. do you have anything currently in place diet wise?

Melkor
08-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by stedes
i'm going to be starting HIIT 6 days a week

Good luck with that. You will quickly overtrain imo. There is no way someone could do HIIT at full intensity 6 days a week and not die after one week. lol

Cold_As_Ice
08-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Melkor
Good luck with that. You will quickly overtrain imo. There is no way someone could do HIIT at full intensity 6 days a week and not die after one week. lol

I've certainly found it quite possible. Once everyday, starting off with low timelimits. HIIT cardio eliminates more than half the time you could potentially be spending with low-intensity cardio yeilding the same results. 15 minutes 6 days a week, with one rest day, is not excessive, especially if he's not lifting on top of this. Anything past 30 minutes of HIIT, 6 days a week, could possibly be pushing it too far, depending on the person. At this stage, I would switch up 3 of these days for lifting instead. At this stage, though, he would probably be very close to his goal. Just my opinion.

Melkor
08-18-2004, 06:36 PM
True, I didn't take into account that he would not be lifting.

At any rate, HIIT cardio kills me, and I hate it. lol. I would rather lift.

Cold_As_Ice
08-18-2004, 06:38 PM
True, I didn't take into account that he would not be lifting.

Yeah, exactly. It's all about preference. I just though I would jump in here to clear the air.

ironlung
08-18-2004, 06:43 PM

I love HIIT, but the inroads into recovery ability from lifting should be taken into strong consideration. I started with 3 days a week, but found it too much, I now do 2 a week depending on other factors.

zackmurphy
08-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ironlung
I love HIIT, but the inroads into recovery ability from lifting should be taken into strong consideration. I started with 3 days a week, but found it too much, I now do 2 a week depending on other factors.
I'm in a similar boat. I'm cutting now, close to my goal, and cardio is my main attraction currently. HIIT or a few different varieties (of intensity/duration) 3 or 4 days per week, some kind of cardio 1 or 2 other times, and lifting only 2, maybe 3 times. And that's the most lifting I can really do while on the cardio festival. It's not many minutes of cardio, but it's highly exhausting.

stedes
08-19-2004, 03:42 AM
i'm glad i got all the answers i want, i got some1 helpin me with my diet and i'm usin www.fitday.com to make sure i'm all set with my percenteges and when monday comes around i'm starting HIIT and doin it 6 days a week with no lifting and i'll have sunday as my rest/refeed day.